Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Flare group buy (is closed)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Todd Enlund
I just got a message from George. The first batch was unacceptable even after repairs, and they are test fitting a piece from a new run tomorrow. If it fits properly, they will have the production run in three weeks.
jmill
It's good that they didn't send them all out. My set must have slipped through the QC checks. I don't mind waiting another 3 weeks for a quality set. If one of you absolutely needs a set ASAP the one I sent back might be available. The overall lines looked good. I just didn't feel like doing FG repairs along with all the wave straightening I'm going to need to do.
scraperhand
Thanks Todd,Jmill i'll wait,the less work to do the better,i already have alot to do.
Todd Enlund
That's what I told George... I'd rather wait for quality parts than have crap quickly biggrin.gif
strawman
Updates?
Todd Enlund
George says that the parts are perfected, and they will have them the second week in January.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Well finally we have production on the gt rocker panels and we will be sending them to everyone in the group buy this and next week. For those who do were not part of the buy and who would like to purchase a set, they are 210.00 and are really nice!

IPB Image
IPB Image

Todd Enlund
piratenanner.gif
jk76.914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 8 2009, 12:25 PM) *

Well finally we have production on the gt rocker panels and we will be sending them to everyone in the group buy this and next week. For those who do were not part of the buy and who would like to purchase a set, they are 210.00 and are really nice!

IPB Image
IPB Image

HEY GEORGE!!!!

Don't forget me! You shipped me one of the first seven sets, and there were a number of problems. You promised to ship me a new set when you got the reworked ones in! That was August! I have the originals boxed and ready to go back.

Jim Kelly
jmill
Got my rockers the other day. I haven't fit them to the car yet but I can say they look fantastic. Well worth the wait. As soon as the temperature gets above -10 out here I'll see how they line up.
charliew
I have the aa rockers and flares and have been following the threads on putting them on. You might want to check and see where you want the front flares to be exactly, some people that put them on thought they could be moved forward some to more center them on the wheel. If you do that you will need to lengthen the rocker.
Todd Enlund
Mine got here 10 minutes ago. Here's one just set in place:

Click to view attachment

kconway
Anybody have a set of the AA flared GT rockers they won't use anytime soon that wouldn't mind selling? I've got my car at the shop to install fenders and rockers but don't have any rockers yet. Ordered a set from AA today but would really like to get started, they should be available from AA in a week or so. Will have a set shipped to you in return. Shipping paid plus $20 to cover your trouble or ?
Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.