Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Flare group buy (is closed)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 25 2008, 11:38 AM) *

SO are these an in stock item? Or are we paying them & then they will be making them? Basically how long of a wait after we pay? I still probably won't be ready till August. I guess this question is for the next group buy. How bout you just do the first ten now & we do another 10 in August drooley.gif . I'll be good to go then

Based on what I have seen from George in the past, they are an in-stock item.

By August, he should have the GT Rockers done also.
tango-52
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 25 2008, 12:52 PM) *

That brings up an interesting point. With the GT flares, what other body pieces need to match up? Sounds like the rockers. What about the front and rear valences?
Todd Enlund
I have shipping info for:

1 Todd Enlund +
2 jmill +
3 hot shoe914 + (2 sets)
4 hot shoe914 +
5 pavpav12
6 Zaney +
7 Strawman +
8 tango-52 +
9 mpgguy -
10 BKLA
11 HillKing +
12 bob
13 knutg1
14 pillay2k
15 Nana's 914 +
16 Justinp71

The following have expressed interest:

bandjoey
Carlitos Way
i love porsche
defianty
914pwer

And for next time around:

JRust
AZ914
RJMII

Anyone have any ideas for international funds transfers? I'm nearly clueless, and I have a few folks from UK and Sweden that are interested...
JRust
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 25 2008, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 25 2008, 11:38 AM) *

SO are these an in stock item? Or are we paying them & then they will be making them? Basically how long of a wait after we pay? I still probably won't be ready till August. I guess this question is for the next group buy. How bout you just do the first ten now & we do another 10 in August drooley.gif . I'll be good to go then

Will he do a great group buy on those too? That would work out nicely blink.gif
Justinp71
From what I recall you need the valances too...

From looking at the photos it appears that you can get away with not replacing the rear valance and it still looking ok.

QUOTE(tango-52 @ Jun 25 2008, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 25 2008, 12:52 PM) *

That brings up an interesting point. With the GT flares, what other body pieces need to match up? Sounds like the rockers. What about the front and rear valences?

RJMII
Todd, put me in there for the next group buy. I've got to get my car off the blocks for the summer first. =o) will install new fenders this winter. (Late August would work for me)
Todd Enlund
Okay... I talked to George again about the rockers. He says they are almost done...

If everyone that is part of the buy from the lower 48 buys the rockers for $150, George will ship them for free. If only some buy them, shipping will be $25 additional.

With rockers, that would make your total $675+$50+150=$875 if everyone buys... if not, it would be $900 with rockers, $725 without.
strawman
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jun 25 2008, 11:53 AM) *

I'm in biggrin.gif , anyone else in the Sacramento area???

Yupper, I'm in Davis. Maybe we can have a welding party at my house using my little 135 amp MIG... I have a kegerator with some great homebrew Stout in my garage, but the tap will remain locked until the welding is done!

Geoff
strawman
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 25 2008, 04:25 PM) *

Okay... I talked to George again about the rockers. He says they are almost done...

If everyone that is part of the buy from the lower 48 buys the rockers for $150, George will ship them for free. If only some buy them, shipping will be $25 additional.

With rockers, that would make your total $675+$50+150=$875 if everyone buys... if not, it would be $900 with rockers, $725 without.

I'm in for both the rockers and the flares...
i love porsche
the rockers wouldnt be ready till august?

does that mean the flares would not come until then?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 25 2008, 05:43 PM) *

the rockers wouldnt be ready till august?

does that mean the flares would not come until then?

George didn't say anything about August...
tango-52
I'm in for the rockers too.
jmill
I'm in for rockers.
HillKing
I'll go a set of rockers too.
Zaney
If we buy the flares and rockers will George throw in a set of 7x15/9x15 Fuchs for free too? screwy.gif
JK
I'm in for the full deal.
my928s4
If there is a group on rockers I am in.
mpgguy
No rockers for me, but the sooner we can get the flares the better. I cannot wait until August to get the flares though, so I'm hoping this isn't going to be packaged together.
jmill

I never learned how to do the quote thing confused24.gif

It sounds like we wont wait until Aug for the rockers. Since mpgguy is out on the rockers and my928s4 is in can we still get free shipping?
jmill
As far as international fund transfers - it can be done by using Paypal. Paypal does the math and will let you specify what currency you want to use. Shipping rates will throw a wrench in the works.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 26 2008, 08:57 AM) *

As far as international fund transfers - it can be done by using Paypal. Paypal does the math and will let you specify what currency you want to use. Shipping rates will throw a wrench in the works.

We are working with George on the shipping, so that's not a big deal. Overseas shipping is high, but the dollar is crap, so it's still a good deal biggrin.gif

The big issue with PayPal is that I am limited in the amount of money I can accept via credit card, and I get hit with a 4.9% charge. I can accept bank funded payments with no fees or limits. I can't differentiate between these types of transactions until I get hit with the charges, so I cannot do PayPal.
db9146
Is it too late to get in on this deal?

Count me in for a set with the rockers. When do we send the money?
hot_shoe914
Put me in for two sets of rockers to go along with my two sets of flares please!
Nana's_914
I'm in for a set of flares and rockers. I would also be interested in a flared GT front airdam with oil cooler slot.
Todd Enlund
I'm having an issue that is slowing me down a bit... I had to recover a hard drive error on my system disk, and now Vista tells me that "An unauthorized change was made to Windows" and only gives me limited access to the OS for short periods of time before it shuts down on me. I have to backdoor my way into the OS, greatly limiting my functionality. Of course, Microsoft "tech support" is a joke.

I'm still on track with this group buy, it just slows me down having to hack into my own computer.

I'll probably start asking for money early next week... if you're on the fence, start thinking hard idea.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Nana's_914 @ Jun 27 2008, 11:38 AM) *

I'm in for a set of flares and rockers. I would also be interested in a flared GT front airdam with oil cooler slot.

GT Valance is available from AA, but must ship in it's own packaging for a separate charge.

Basically, the reason that we can get a deal on the flares is because George is the distributor/manufacturer, and he is selling them to me at wholesale, treating me as a retailer. Then he is drop shipping the flares to the people that I have "sold" them to. I am "selling" them at 0% margin. I'm apparently not a very smart businessman biggrin.gif

Most of the other products that AA sells, George pays wholesale from the distributor/manufacturer, and then has to mark them up to make any money on them.

I've had one person say "no" to the rockers, so unless someone else needs to buy an extra set, they will be $150+$25 shipping.

George has 53 sets of flares in stock... he has challenged me to sell ALL of them blink.gif
euro911
Boy, this thread brings back memories idea.gif

... and by the way, George never sent me my set of Euro tail light lenses mad.gif
Todd Enlund
Hump de Bump

icon_bump.gif

Just keeping it visible...
Nana's_914
Any know a link to a nice thread on flare installation?
Justinp71
QUOTE(Nana's_914 @ Jun 30 2008, 06:44 PM) *

Any know a link to a nice thread on flare installation?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=67743&hl=

This thread has some good links in it... biggrin.gif

It looks like the thing to do is clamp, cut and butt weld. It appears that you have to massage the flares a little when you go to clamp and align them. Does anyone have experience with fitting the AA flares?

Lectronix
Hey everyone - I'm in for the whole thing - valance, rockers and flares. Let me know when it's all ready. Thanks!

Jorge
pillay2k

Do you have a price on the shipping to the UK?

Thanks
Fab
914pwer
QUOTE(pillay2k @ Jul 1 2008, 01:23 AM) *

Thanks
Fab

the shipping cost to Sweden is 240 dollar for the flares and with the rockers it will be 375 dollar dry.gif
Must be about the same to Uk
rebelmdot
Please put me down for a set of the Flares, and let me know where and when to send the money to. Thanks.
rebelmdot
I'll go a set of the Rockers as well. Thanks again.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(pillay2k @ Jul 1 2008, 01:23 AM) *

Thanks
Fab

You'll have to contact George directly to get a shipping quote to the UK... I have been in contact with another chap called "defianty" who was working to get a group shipment to the UK, he told me that he had contacted you as well.
Todd Enlund
Sorry for the delay... My Western Digital Raptor died a slow and agonizing death... I had to buy a new hard drive, and reinstall my OS. Now running on a clean OS... gotta love it.

Anyhow, what I have right now:

1 Todd Enlund +
2 jmill +
3 hot shoe914 + (2 sets)
4 hot shoe914 +
5 pavpav12
6 Zaney +
7 Strawman +
8 tango-52 +
9 mpgguy -
10 BKLA
11 HillKing +
12 bob
13 knutg1
14 pillay2k
15 Nana's 914 +
16 Justinp71
17 914pwer
18 db9146 +
19 Lectronix +
20 rebelmdot +

A + signifies that you want rockers as well as flares. A - means you only want flares.

What I need:

pavpav12, BKLA, bob, knutg1, pillay2k, Justinp71, 914pwer - I need to know if you want flares only, or flares and rockers.

914pwer, db9146, Lectronix, rebelmdot - I need you to PM me full name, shipping address, and a phone #.

As soon as I have this info from everyone, I will begin to collect money.

defianty, bandjoey, Carlitos Way - you have expressed interest, but have not committed. If I do not hear otherwise, I will assume that you are not in on the buy.
LarryR
1 more PM sent flares + rockers
moggy
Hi there. Can you add me for a set of flares and rockers. Anyone in the UK want to share the shipping let me know.

Cheers

Moggy (aka Richard Morgan)
-JR-
Add my name for a set of flares and rockers. Just let me know when to send the $$ in.

Shipping to
Victoria BC Canada
V9C3V2

Thanks!
TdiRacing
New to the site. Is this still going on? What do I have to do to get on the list and what is the ETA for delivery? Just interested in the flares.
Thanks
Loser_Cruiser
I would like to know if this is still going on too?
Loser_Cruiser
Just kidding decided to spend my flare money on a whole car.lol. Hopefully another one of these happens in about a year when im ready again.
angerosa
Rockers and flares please....

PM sent with info
hot_shoe914
Okay sadly this has taken so long that I am now out. I bought a new barefoot boat instead of the massive 4 engine that was going to cause me to need the flares. The other set is no longer needed either as he found a deal on fiberglass. Maybe this winter I can get a motor built and then go after flares. Thanks guys.

Donald blink.gif
TdiRacing
Not sure if this is going on and who to contact. Some please let me know? Thanks

db9146
Yes, are we doing this?
jmill
Still going. Contact Todd Enlund.
TdiRacing
QUOTE(jmill @ Jul 18 2008, 06:28 AM) *

Still going. Contact Todd Enlund.

Sent him a PM, but no response?
Todd Enlund
Okay, here's the deal.

This has gotten far too complicated with all the PMs asking for this and that, and trying to keep track of who wants what. The vast majority want flares and rockers. So this is what we are going to do. $875 for Flares and Rockers shipped CONUS. $1065 for Flares and Rockers shipped to UK or Sweden. I'm sorry to those who only wanted flares, or who wanted valences, but it got to be too much to keep track of.

I've still got a few people that have not sent me the info that I have asked for.

I'll send out PMs to everyone this afternoon for payment, and we'll get this rolling.
euro911
It can get a little hairy getting one of these organized popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.