Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Flare group buy (is closed)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
jmill
I'd like to put on GT flares. I would prefer steel but haven't found any. Does anyone know where I can pick up some steel flares or high quality fiberglass ones?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 20 2008, 10:39 AM) *

I'd like to put on GT flares. I would prefer steel but haven't found any. Does anyone know where I can pick up some steel flares or high quality fiberglass ones?

they are fabulous
sean_v8_914
the good doctor sells steel flairs. I think he had them made up special for us
plymouth37
I bought mine Here and they fit great.
WRX914
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jun 20 2008, 12:24 PM) *

I bought mine Here and they fit great.

Dana,

Where exactly did you buy them!!!???

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

I want the same deal you got on your flares!!!

jmill
Looks like AA is the place to go. Great selection of parts. I just downloaded the catalog. They are awful proud of their stuff considering their prices. The catalog shows the flares about $100 lower than the link you posted.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 20 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Looks like AA is the place to go. Great selection of parts. I just downloaded the catalog. They are awful proud of their stuff considering their prices. The catalog shows the flares about $100 lower than the link you posted.

I remember George saying that he had to raise the price because the price of steel went up.

In the past, George has done group buys on the flares and given a good price break. Maybe it's time to ask him about another group buy?
carr914
Here is a picture of AA flares. I think the price went up due to steel prices and manufactoring costs.

Jeez, George is going to think that I'm a shill for his company laugh.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment
pavpav12
I am in for another group buy
jmill
Sign me up.
bandjoey
get us a price???
Carlitos Way
I've been waiting for a group buy too...
Todd Enlund
Okay... George says that if we get 10 sets in one order, we can have them for $675+$50 shipping in the lower 48.
Zaney
The Price is Right! I'll jump on the wagon this go around for some flares.
+1 welder.gif
AZ914
Good price.. I may even be in for that.
tango-52
I'm in. Somebody do a head count and see where we're at.
jmill
$675 cheer.gif

Who else wants in on this?

Looks like 5 plus 2 maybe's
hot_shoe914
I'm in for 1 set. Gonna need the room for more rubber when I get my new motor in there. piratenanner.gif
JRust
I'm in for a set too! Let me know when & I'm all over it aktion035.gif
i love porsche
id love to change my FG for steel...depending on the price, im in!
bob
I'm in!! Do we contact George directly?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(bob @ Jun 22 2008, 06:43 AM) *

I'm in!! Do we contact George directly?

No... Everyone that wants in, PM me your contact info (name, address and a phone number just in case). When we have 10, I'll start asking for each of you to send me a check. When I have them all, I will write one check to AA and give them the shipping info for everyone.

So far it looks like:

jmill
pavpav12
Carlitos Way
Zaney
tango-52
hot shoe914
JRust
bob
Todd Enlund

Possible:

bandjoey
AZ914
i love porsche

That's 9 in and 3 maybes already... but I'll start another list when I get your PM info.
jmill
Do you have PayPal? I'd rather do that then trust the mail. I can add a couple of bucks to cover the charges.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 22 2008, 10:07 AM) *

Do you have PayPal? I'd rather do that then trust the mail. I can add a couple of bucks to cover the charges.

I just have a basic PayPal account, with limits on how much money I can receive.
strawman
I just PMd you; I'm in.
Geoff
bandjoey
You might get more people in if old George will let us call in our order directly and pay with visa. (like me). Set up a few days open for the group buy. My cash is going to my restoration. biggrin.gif Can't do cash right now. Bill
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 22 2008, 02:57 PM) *

You might get more people in if old George will let us call in our order directly and pay with visa. (like me). Set up a few days open for the group buy. My cash is going to my restoration. biggrin.gif Can't do cash right now. Bill

Sorry... George specifically wants one payment in a single check to make the group buy. sad.gif

What about your Economic Stimulus check? biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 22 2008, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 22 2008, 02:57 PM) *

Sorry... George specifically wants one payment in a single check to make the group buy. sad.gif

What about your Economic Stimulus check? biggrin.gif

I actually may need to wait for that. Mine is due late July. How soon is this going to happen. If this is like a this week thing I can't do it yet. I guess let me know how soon this is going to fly?
i love porsche
yeah...if this happens in like 2-3 weeks i should be ok, im still waiting on the first check from my new job
jmill
Paypal takes visa. Not to mention you don't have to wait for a check to clear. I don't know what the $ received limit is on a basic account. You might want to check out an upgrade. It could save you some headaches and get a few more people to pitch in.
defianty
I'm very interested but I'm in the UK so would need to know shipping costs beforehand. Thanks, Stephen
jmill
Looks like we have ten. piratenanner.gif Let me know when you'd like us to ante up.
RJMII
I have an idea... if one of the guys on the list has an advanced paypal account (whatever it is called), and one of the guys that wants to pay with visa will pitch in for paypal fees, and the two trust each other... the person with the paypal account could write the check for twice as much after receiving payment from their trusted friend.

just an idea. Bill's good for it, I've done business with him a couple of times. (bandjoey). (and they were pricey transactions, too)
I'd vouch for Jamie, too.
mpgguy
Someone referred me here from my inquiry on a different site. I am in as well, Todd you will have a PM incoming shortly.
HillKing
Todd, I just PMed you. I have been waiting as Mark decided not to organize this time. I just need to know who to pay and how.
John
Todd Enlund
As of right now, I have commitments and shipping info from:

1 Todd Enlund
2 jmill
3 hot shoe914
4 pavpav12
5 Zaney
6 Strawman
7 tango-52
8 mpgguy
9 BKLA
10 HillKing

I have two more that have said they are in, but I need shipping info. I also have five that are on the fence depending on funds. If you want in, and you aren't on the list above, PM me.

Someone buy Jamie's parts car so he can get some flares! biggrin.gif

This one might go quick...

If it makes anyone feel better about using me as an escrow service, I think that Jon Bovey (Phoenix 914-6GT) would vouch for me... blink.gif
hot_shoe914
Okay you need to put me in for two sets of flares please. Also if someone wants to visa my paypal and cover the fees I will ante up the cash for them if that will help them get their flares. Seems like we might end up with a lot more than 10 so maybe a renegotiation with George might get us a better price yet still. Use your wisdom grasshopper and get us a better price.

Donald aka hot_shoe914

Click to view attachment
i love porsche
do we have a price yet?
hot_shoe914
I believe he said 675.00 plus 50 for shipping in the lower 48.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 23 2008, 04:45 PM) *

do we have a price yet?

Yep... $725 shipped to your door. $675+$50.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 23 2008, 04:14 PM) *

Okay you need to put me in for two sets of flares please. Also if someone wants to visa my paypal and cover the fees I will ante up the cash for them if that will help them get their flares. Seems like we might end up with a lot more than 10 so maybe a renegotiation with George might get us a better price yet still. Use your wisdom grasshopper and get us a better price.

Donald aka hot_shoe914

Click to view attachment

Will do Donald... just so you know, I already asked George, and the flares have to be shipped as a set, so it will still be a separate $50 shipping for each set that you order. They have a specific packaging for the flares for shipping.
Todd Enlund
icon_bump.gif

I have shipping info for:

1 Todd Enlund
2 jmill
3 hot shoe914 (2 sets)
4 hot shoe914
5 pavpav12
6 Zaney
7 Strawman
8 tango-52
9 mpgguy
10 BKLA
11 HillKing
12 bob
13 knutg1

The following have expressed interest:

bandjoey
Carlitos Way
AZ914
JRust
i love porsche
defianty

If you want in, let me know VIA PM with your info. If I don't hear anything further soon, I will press forward with what we have.
nsr-jamie
Just wanted to say, I got in the last group buy deal and it was fantastic, I had no problems at all, things went very well and I was pleased with my purchase but have still not installed them....they are in storage right now till I have time to pull the car apart them weld them in. The AA flares are nice. Just you will need to have some patience till they are fianlly ready to ship, but if you don't mind you can save yourself some dollars. GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!! aktion035.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif biggrin.gif
kerensky
Any idea when there'll be enough interest for a future group buy? I'd love to get a set but it ain't happening right now, unfortunately.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 25 2008, 08:41 AM) *

Any idea when there'll be enough interest for a future group buy? I'd love to get a set but it ain't happening right now, unfortunately.

The last one before this was about six months ago.
i love porsche
i get paid on monday, so i have to get my bills out of the way and then ill know whether or not i can join in, will that be too late? monday?
RJMII
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 25 2008, 10:41 AM) *

Kerensky,

I'll be up for the next one... so after this one is over, let's wait about six or so months and start up the next group buy?
Justinp71
I'm in biggrin.gif , anyone else in the Sacramento area???
JRust
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jun 25 2008, 07:38 AM) *

Just wanted to say, I got in the last group buy deal and it was fantastic, I had no problems at all, things went very well and I was pleased with my purchase but have still not installed them....they are in storage right now till I have time to pull the car apart them weld them in. The AA flares are nice. Just you will need to have some patience till they are fianlly ready to ship, but if you don't mind you can save yourself some dollars. GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!! aktion035.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif biggrin.gif

SO are these an in stock item? Or are we paying them & then they will be making them? Basically how long of a wait after we pay? I still probably won't be ready till August. I guess this question is for the next group buy. How bout you just do the first ten now & we do another 10 in August drooley.gif . I'll be good to go then
AZ914
Todd.. thanks for organizing. I was on the fence but I'm OUT at this time. Too many other 914 projects at this time..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.