Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid Engine Invasion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Spoke
Here's the car I'll be taking. It's an 86 911 turbo.
rmital
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 24 2009, 12:04 PM) *

Here's the car I'll be taking. It's an 86 911 turbo.

be out on 78 around 7:10am....a swarm of 914s should be zooming by around then.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 24 2009, 08:37 AM) *

What do I need to do to park my 911 with the other 911's?

Should be all you have to do is ask the guys directing traffic into the parking area that question...

It's all pretty low-key and everybody is really friendly and helpful. CPA puts on a really good event.

Worst-case, just park somewhere and when you find where you want to be, tell whatever volunteer worker is in that area you'd like to move your car there. They'll tell you what you have to do. Shouldn't be any issue.

They want to know that you're actually paying for parking (this event raises money for CPA and believe me, they have to pay to rent the space...) but once you're in, it's pretty much a non-issue.

Nice car.
Travisfling
Hmmm... I just got my 914 running today... how far is this from Columbus?
turboman808
You guys gonna be hanging at the bar at the Hotel? I don't really drink but I do however encourage drunkenness by others.

By the way very nice 911. I would get one if I had kids and needed more then 2 seats. smile.gif
ClayPerrine
We are here.... Where is everyone else???
Joe Bob
If you were taller than your car, they'd see you....
auerbach

Is there a time and place for the no plan plan?
crash914
stuff I will be bringing....
wheels, Mahle, with tires...boxes of other junk..
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
crash914
oops, well you get the idea...
5 mahles with tires and beat up center caps, at least one.
4 riveras with no tires
boxes of misc.
anyone want hoods or deck lids?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Travisfling @ Apr 24 2009, 03:50 PM) *

how far is this from Columbus?

Streets & Trips says 380 miles.

I drove it from Reno one year ...
jsayre914
piratenanner.gif im getting butterflies in my stomach.....

piratenanner.gif driving.gif icon_bump.gif
jimkelly
just rcvd jake raby's type 4 engine rebuild video - immediately slipped it into my dvd drive and viewed it from begining to end - very excellent : )
r_towle
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Apr 24 2009, 08:38 PM) *

just rcvd jake raby's type 4 engine rebuild video - immediately slipped it into my dvd drive and viewed it from begining to end - very excellent : )

You got time...go build one, pop it in your car and get to Hershey.

Rich
jsayre914
laugh.gif
root
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Apr 24 2009, 05:38 PM) *

I'm thinking you can rebuild one of these type IV's and use it to drive the supercharger on 'yer V8 Jimmy! biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(root @ Apr 24 2009, 08:56 PM) *

I'm thinking you can rebuild one of these type IV's and use it to drive the supercharger on 'yer V8 Jimmy! biggrin.gif

Dude...
I need to see the motorcycle...NEED pics.

RIch
root
There's some updated pics in my blog..... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 24 2009, 05:58 PM) *

Dude...

RIch

root
MATT! Are you gonna meet us at 6:15! driving.gif
jimkelly
at about 8:45 i noticed a bunch of laundry on my bed - so i asked my son and wife to knock it out while i put some stuff in the car for tomorrow - when i return, it seems my son used some internet website to listen to music while folding clothes and - BAM - he puts a nice virus on my work computer - spyware protect 2009 - so rather than going to bed, i have been downloading and running programs to get this efin threat off my comupter - well - there went some quality sleep : (
Dr Evil
Clay, we just got back form Dukes. Where were you?
r_towle
QUOTE(root @ Apr 24 2009, 09:19 PM) *

There's some updated pics in my blog..... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 24 2009, 05:58 PM) *

Dude...

RIch

Very Impressive motorcycle.
Do you think you will need to have some cooling for traffic situations?
I understand why your building it...it will just be cool.
Practical does not always need to be in the picture when you are building something cool.

RIch
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 24 2009, 07:21 PM) *

Clay, we just got back form Dukes. Where were you?

Prolly hiding behind a potted plant....
VaccaRabite
Pictures from the MEI!

Thanks for everyone that came out.

I'm dehydrated sunburned, and getting drunk. Don't care, here are pics. GREAT day.

PICS!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next post for more...

Zach
Joe Bob
I don't see Clay....is he behind a potted plant or something?
VaccaRabite
More pics!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Zach
VaccaRabite
Met a LOT of people, bought stuff for my car, sold some stuff to make money to buy the stuff for my car, and we are getting ready to do to dinner. I am NOT riving.

*happy*

Zach
VaccaRabite
Need to put in more pictures before the battery in my laptop dies. Nope, no time.

Time for dinner.

zach

HarveyH
More Picts, mostly from the Palmyra:
HarveyH
More, Keep getting file size errors, I'll have to increase compression on later picts
HarveyH
More
Joe Bob
I STILL don't see Clay......don't you guys have a foot stool?
HarveyH
Again
HarveyH
Two from the parking area at Hershey
jimkelly
thanks guys for putting this together and for making sure the weather was perfect : )

My car pics from today.

oh yeah - i won a flashlight and batteries, a set of plyers, a first aide kit -- without that flashlight, i do not know what a hassle it would of been to look at my mapquest directions home as my car has no interior light : )))) thanks !!!!

http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/hershey_swap_2009
type47
I had a terrific time and it was good to see alot of familiar and new people. Spent alot of money but that's what I went for. I heard we had a caravan of 38 914's at the entry gate. I had a thought of recording all the VINs to add to the world db but it was really too great a task for the time available. What events are next? Import Carlisle mid May, East Coast Cookout/Mid-Atlantic Mid-Engined Ramble in New Market, VA around 9/14/2009?
VaccaRabite
As soon as Dinner was over, I had to get Noel and Mike to drive my drunk ass home. Got a call from my wife and Theo was sick, so I had to go home.

Here are some more pics I took from the show. When I get cables out of my car later on I'll post up pictures from the dinner.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I wanted to have sex with it...
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Packing up the show
IPB Image

Zach
jsayre914
Few of mine
jsayre914
...more...
jsayre914
last biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
Joe, I barely saw you at the show at all. How long did you guys stay?

Zach
zymurgist
random car shots

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

356 with 911 engine

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

914 HQ

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

1988 911 backdated with long hood; this is a daily driver

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 26 2009, 12:22 PM) *

Joe, I barely saw you at the show at all. How long did you guys stay?

Zach

We had a lot of fun, met a lot of people. The best part was the drive in, that was awesome. So we all got there 9ish and i left a little after 12:00. I didnt sit at all, just kept walking. The wife was tired, lack of sleep from the 2 nights prior. So we left. Next year i will stay longer.

Great time
nice to meet everyone

joseph

p.s. the good looking woman in my photos is my wife for those of you who did not meet us.
root
Hershey was AWESOME!
Blackie finally got to go to Hershey!

Thanks to all the organizers!

Susan and I took the back way home and found the perfect hotel for next year! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I had the time of my life,I saw more 914's than any other event that I have been

too. The irony is that there were more in the parking lot than we had. If those

914's were with us it would been a 100 or more.

If are reading this and weren't there this yr. , please be there next yr. smash.gif

Kudo's to the event planners , Thank You !

Dave slap.gif
rmital
...what a great time...guessing we will make the Invasion a annual effort!!
good pic of one of our fearless leaders....towle
BIGKAT_83
A couple of nice cars that have not been posted yet. The orange six was as good as it gets. The yellow car really was done nice.
r_towle
Finally got back home.

What a great time. We will do this next year.
Loved meeting everyone, and sorry I did not get to meet all the people.
We did the AutoX today...that was alot of fun.
Small group of diehards stuck it out.

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Apr 26 2009, 03:00 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

I had the time of my life,I saw more 914's than any other event that I have been

too. The irony is that there were more in the parking lot than we had. If those

914's were with us it would been a 100 or more.

If are reading this and weren't there this yr. , please be there next yr. smash.gif

Kudo's to the event planners , Thank You !

Dave slap.gif

It was specially nice to see you again Dave. I'm so glad you made it. Now rest up. You've got some dog walkin to do and scooping to do around the corner at the basketball court. LOL! lol-2.gif stromberg.gif laugh.gif

Seriously, Glad to see you buddy!
VaccaRabite
Okay, I finally got the rest of my pictures downloaded and uploaded. Here are the worthwhile shots from the dinner at the Sinkhole.

The room starts to fill...
IPB Image

IPB Image

We had 42 people pre-register, 45 settings were placed, and there were no empty chairs. At some points, it was standing room only.

IPB Image

Lots of black and tans...
IPB Image

My hair is way crazy...
IPB Image

Mike, Rich and Ray start handing out the awards
IPB Image

I got a tractor
IPB Image

Ed gets a 914 clock!
IPB Image

And thats all I got.

Now, to get my car re-dismanteled, fix the unfixed, and get it driveable by September....

But, it made it to the Mid Engine Invasion!

Zach

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.