Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid Engine Invasion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
r_towle
This is the official announcement.

We have a web site, cause we are SOOOOO cool.

http://www.midengineinvasion.com

We are expecting 30-40 people with 914's...so please sign up and drive your 914.
We really really want you to join our fun and low key event.

Take a look on the web site, watch this thread for updates as we finalize more of the details.

If you have any questions, PM me.
I am tired, so I got nothing left to say...
Ray, Zach, Mike, Rick, Jim...speak up if you want...you guys ROCK.

Admin...please sticky this or make it a colored thread.

Rich
Joe Bob
Yeah...pick a REALLY OBNOXIOUS color.....
Gint
You oughta know...

I tried to match the red in the fade from the webwite without it becoming too unreadable. I knew someone would bitch.
rick 918-S
Cool! I'll be there! Wild Color!
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 10 2009, 07:17 AM) *

You oughta know...

I tried to match the red in the fade from the webwite without it becoming too unreadable. I knew someone would bitch.

Ahem? Bitch? Me?

blink.gif

I like it....
jimkelly
be careful not to appount one person as the one who collects the hotel room costs.

how safe will the cars be overnight - while sleep is happening ??

jim
Dr Evil
Cars will be very safe. I scouted the hotel and set up the deal with the rooms. No pre registration, the rates are good until the hotel fills up.
sww914
Can you guys move it to California? We never have anything here.
I like the red header. Kinda hard to miss.
dw914er
QUOTE(sww914 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:47 PM) *

targa california ?
KaptKaos
Is it an invasion or a swarm or both?? I am confused laugh.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 10 2009, 09:23 PM) *

Is it an invasion or a swarm or both?? I am confused laugh.gif

Are you coming out to join in?
rick 918-S

Why don't you get in you car and drive out to Hershey? You could get the long distance award.
SLITS
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 10 2009, 09:42 PM) *

Why don't you get in you car and drive out to Hershey? You could get the long distance award.

I would suppose a teener smelling like chocolate is preferable to one smelling like burnt oil. biggrin.gif
r_towle
Hi guys,

I am closing in on the end of robotics build season...two more days.
Till then I get 15 minutes to eat dinner after work (cant touch this site at work) and then home at 10 pm, and crash.

I will add more real data next week when we ship the robot off to the competition...I get two weeks of no robot...woohoo.

More to come,
I will get some details about the autox,,,,the concours, a few more details of some of the weekend that we can put on the web site.

Stay tuned...maybe we can convince George Hussey to do something special..also Jake Raby...who knows

I will make more progress next week.

Meantime, I am DD my 914 in all the crappy weather here...loads of fun..

Rich

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 11 2009, 09:15 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 10 2009, 09:42 PM) *

I would suppose a teener smelling like chocolate is preferable to one smelling like burnt oil. biggrin.gif

Keoni914
I'm in. Hershey is nearly in our back yard. Advise if I can arrange a group photo. I've taken many groups there. One group shot got a 2 page spread in Pano. I do have a few connections.

Let me know.

Keoni914
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Keoni914 @ Feb 13 2009, 06:11 PM) *

I'm in. Hershey is nearly in our back yard. Advise if I can arrange a group photo. I've taken many groups there. One group shot got a 2 page spread in Pano. I do have a few connections.

Let me know.

Keoni914

Very cool! Lets do it. There will be some great cars there.
rick 918-S
Oh, BTW, There is a rumor the entry form is nearing completion and will be up on the web site soon. Also, I hear there is plans for a sponsor page. So anyone wanting to be a sponsor for this first year event send Ray (rmital) a PM. poke.gif biggrin.gif
r_towle
some of us are busy dude....go shovel some snow....laugh.gif

I will deal with this sunday...one more long day of robotics tommorow.
It runs, it drives (as of 11pm tonight) and we are off to testing all day tommorow at another school...so that will mean breaking and fixing all day.

Rich
Keoni914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 13 2009, 10:16 PM) *

Let me know.

Keoni914

Hope I not spreading myself too thin as I offered the photo shoot over at Pelican. Is everybody on the same page or do we have two different gatherings and officials???

Keoni914
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Keoni914 @ Feb 14 2009, 04:10 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 13 2009, 10:16 PM) *

Let me know.

Keoni914

Hope I not spreading myself too thin as I offered the photo shoot over at Pelican. Is everybody on the same page or do we have two different gatherings and officials???

Keoni914

This is a 914 community event being organized by Rich (r towle) Zach (Vacca Rabite) Ray (rmital) and Mike (Dr Evil)

The event is posted all over the place. Some guys hang, here some guys hang out on Pelican and others lounge over on the club site and NARP. I mostly hang here. I really don't have time to check every site everyday.

The web site will have a contact persons email listed soon.

Why do I know this? Cause one of the kids that helped with the video link posted in my signature space is working on the web site for us.

MikeSpraggi
I'm in. Where do I register?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Feb 14 2009, 09:21 AM) *

I'm in. Where do I register?

Keep checking the web page. Were just finalizing the sign up. smile.gif
degreeoff
will there be power at the site? reason I ask is I may be able to bring my scissor lift to assist with tire changes?
Dr Evil
99.9% no. It is in a parking lot. You will have to bring a generator, unless we can tap into a parking lot light, but I bet they would not like that.
eimc
I have a Honda 2000 generator I use at the track. Let me know and I will throw it in my trailer. (Is usually in trailer but in winter storage) Paul biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Cool!
r_towle
I would be willing to bet that someone would get a hair across their ass if they see a scissor lift at the autox.
If its PCA, I bet the safety guy would get involved.

If you are talking about the parking lot at the hotel, its probably your liability if someone gets hurt.

Standard floor jacks work great...one side at a time.

Rich
Nozzle
Just tried to reserve a room at the Palmyra and the cheapest rate they have online for the 914World group is 69.95. Not sure if all the rooms they had at the $60 rate are gone already or what the story may be.

At any rate, can't wait to get there and see all the fun 914s! Where I live there probably isn't another 914 in 75 miles. piratenanner.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Nozzle @ Feb 16 2009, 11:44 AM) *

Just tried to reserve a room at the Palmyra and the cheapest rate they have online for the 914World group is 69.95. Not sure if all the rooms they had at the $60 rate are gone already or what the story may be.

At any rate, can't wait to get there and see all the fun 914s! Where I live there probably isn't another 914 in 75 miles. piratenanner.gif

Call back.

Ask for thier "best rate" for the given day. Do not mention online sales. I bet you do better.

Zach
Dr Evil
I'll call them. The price you got was their normal price, not our discount. dry.gif
Dr Evil
Nozzle, if you are Jack then you payed the extra $9.95 because you got the two queen beds. One king bed is $60.
degreeoff
Booked a room, $59.95 a night. Its on baby! Is there anything else we need to do so far as PCA is concerned? I KNOW we are going to be strong enough in number to need another parking lot for AutoX......
Nozzle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 16 2009, 11:58 AM) *

Call back.

Ask for thier "best rate" for the given day. Do not mention online sales. I bet you do better.

Zach

You're right on the money Zach. Called them back and they gave me the group rate instead. I had to cancel my online reservation as well to make it work.

Note to all - You will NOT get the group rate if you made a reservation onine! confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Nozzle @ Feb 16 2009, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 16 2009, 11:58 AM) *

Call back.

Zach

You're right on the money Zach. Called them back and they gave me the group rate instead. I had to cancel my online reservation as well to make it work.

Note to all - You will NOT get the group rate if you made a reservation onine! confused24.gif

welcome.png I see your first two posts were here in the mid-Engine Invasion event forum. welcome.png
BIGKAT_83
I just made my reservation a few mins ago. As soon as I told him the date He asked if I was with the 914 group. $60.

See you there................ driving.gif
ClayPerrine
Ok.. it is offical. Betty and I will be there. But not in a 914. We are flying in Friday and leaving on Sunday.

I was able to make reservations at the hotel with no problem.

Dr Evil
piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
Hey! I found a link to an official Tee Shirt for the event! Anyone can order them. You don't even have to attend. (although that would be great iffen ya did) This is a direct order and drop ship item.

http://emgmerch.com/business/midengineinvasion.html

Our own member "oldschool" is making these shirts. Cool!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2009, 08:26 PM) *

Hey! I found a link to an official Tee Shirt for the event! Anyone can order them. You don't even have to attend. (although that would be great iffen ya did) This is a direct order and drop ship item.

Awesome design. shades.gif I bought 2.

Zach
rmital
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 4 2009, 08:51 PM) *

Awesome design. shades.gif

Zach

couldn't agree more... thumb3d.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 4 2009, 05:51 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2009, 08:26 PM) *

Awesome design. shades.gif I bought 2.

Zach

agree.gif got two on order!
r_towle
Well, the web site and sign up forms are almost done.
I am hoping to see alot of eastern 914 nuts at the event...we need to prove that we actually drive our cars....so no wimps, get out to THIS event.

Rich
914rrr
Our reservations are made (at a different hotel since we are getting free nights). We will be there in our 914!
r_towle
sweet
william harris
Rich: What car are you driving down? I have lots of stuff I would consider selling, but have very little room to haul parts in the teener.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2009, 05:26 PM) *

Get your event shirts here! beerchug.gif
twoskinuts
The first Mid Engine Invasion 3 hour of home im in made the reservations at the hotel where the party friday night. beerchug.gif No car though.
VaccaRabite
To the top, you obnoxious red thread, you!

Zach
wilchek
This will be my 5th year in a row. Always a good time rain or shine. This was the only time my car has been taken out in the rain. Someone always need a parking lot repair, and it makes it all the better and something for us to swarm around. I hope to make it to the autoX this year. I feel important with the RED THREAD. why red?? Zach, glad to hear another PA car is in the area and back on the road. I hope you can open the garage door to bring it (poke.gif Dr. Evil ).
auerbach
Is the time and place for sign in and Friday nights party been set yet? Gotta make plans!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.