Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steve's Autocross Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
QUOTE(Gunther @ Jun 15 2009, 02:52 PM) *

Wow sweet car. You have done alot of work on the car. I have to agree with most of the mods that you have made and plan to make. agree.gif

But all the mods and fattest tires in the world wont mean Jack If you don't get some cones and find a big parking lot and........PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE . That will be the biggest bang for the buck. Stop waisting money and spend some time on the tarmack. smile.gif
I wish you the best of luck.
Gunther

Good advice but.....if there were any such place in the Portland area, there would be an autocross there.....and there ain't. There are opportunities to do 14-16 AXs a year between SCCA & PCA......more if your willing to travel 150 miles...one way.
We've had some pretty gawdawful venues over the years ....worse than PIR.
We contnue to search tho....
Joe Ricard
Seat time seat seat time. by the end of July I will have completed 22 events. Only half of them in the 914.

other cars I drove this year two different CSP Miatas, Mini Cooper S, VW GTI in ST prep, Lancer GTS H stock, Focus H stock, Corrolla H stock, RX-8 B stock, couple a Vettes in SS. an S2000 in twitchy stock.

I gotta say the CSP cars were the closest to the 914 but with less powe and grip. Oh and my son's FJB Kart. Holy crap that thing is fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.