Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
cary
QUOTE(peteyd @ Feb 21 2016, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Feb 14 2016, 09:14 AM) *

Another Wish List item :

Left & Right Windshield Cowl Panel
http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP250R

Cary,

I have noticed that you have a very rusty car from your restoration thread. Although that would probably be a good part to make, we have plans for several other 914 parts before the windshield posts. We will be working on the pedal area, front latch and rear suspension components in the upcoming year.

Pete

Keep them coming .....................
Olympic 914
Well if you are taking suggestions...

Any thought of producing the front and rear stock valences. late type for the rear.. good option would be with stock exhaust cutouts or no cutouts so people could adjust for the different exhaust types.

sbsix
That's a great idea. I would be first in line for a reproduction 914-6 rear valence!
914work
Here is another -
late rear trunk floor
Luke M
Hi Pete,

How about doing these ?
Yeah, I know I can buy all the piece but I want a factory repro like in the pic.
Well minus the battery box, shelf, and 4 cyl engine bar mount.

I'm sure you know where there's one hanging around.. shades.gif
peteyd
Here is a little part that I have been working on lately. This is the initial stamping, so it will be improved. It is a depression for the /6 ignition so you guys can convert your 4 to a 6. I know, blurry shot, but you get the idea.

Also I'm currently working on /6 engine tins, so keep your eyes peeled for them. They are modeled off of NOS pieces, and are going to be stamped and laser cut.

Pete

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Two Parts suggestions and a question.

The suggestion is a body door handle top repair section, for peeps who don't have repair the whole sail panel.

The 2nd is a inner rocker stiffener kit like engman used to sell.

Question is how far does the AC trunk floor repair panel wrap around? A good pic should do. wink.gif

My Boy is going to need a few panels for his project. smile.gif
peteyd
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 18 2016, 09:39 AM) *

Two Parts suggestions and a question.

The suggestion is a body door handle top repair section, for peeps who don't have repair the whole sail panel.

The 2nd is a inner rocker stiffener kit like engman used to sell.

Question is how far does the AC trunk floor repair panel wrap around? A good pic should do. wink.gif

My Boy is going to need a few panels for his project. smile.gif

I dont really want to make a die for a small portion around the handle. It will take away sales for the sail panel.

I have done some drawings for the inner longs similar to the engman kits. I have yet to cut any out. I really just need to make time for that to happen.

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Cool the boys trunk has rust holes all around the rounded edge, that will likely work.
Whole bottom of the trunk is covered in FG, I still have to investigate further.

He's going to have a list of bits to get from you, when he can afford it smile.gif
mb911
The engine sheet metal sounds exciting. Glad I have not bought any yet..
raynekat
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 19 2016, 07:59 AM) *

I need an entire set of the engine sheet metal myself.

Any idea/estimate when these will be developed and ready to sell to customers?
mepstein
QUOTE(peteyd @ Apr 18 2016, 11:57 AM) *

Here is a little part that I have been working on lately. This is the initial stamping, so it will be improved. It is a depression for the /6 ignition so you guys can convert your 4 to a 6. I know, blurry shot, but you get the idea.

Also I'm currently working on /6 engine tins, so keep your eyes peeled for them. They are modeled off of NOS pieces, and are going to be stamped and laser cut.

Pete

Click to view attachment

Great. Put me down for a couple of each please.
peteyd
QUOTE(raynekat @ Apr 19 2016, 10:53 PM) *

There are 5 total pieces. I have a set of dies machined for one piece so far. Im starting to machine a set of dies for a second piece of the tins today. Perhaps they will all be done and polished and ready for production in a month. But I will keep you guys informed.

Pete
raynekat
I would also be interested in the early front & rear valences as well, if they ever get on your drawing board.
mb911
QUOTE(peteyd @ Apr 20 2016, 08:41 AM) *

There are 5 total pieces. I have a set of dies machined for one piece so far. Im starting to machine a set of dies for a second piece of the tins today. Perhaps they will all be done and polished and ready for production in a month. But I will keep you guys informed.

Pete

Any idea on price point?
peteyd
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 20 2016, 04:01 PM) *

Pete

Any idea on price point?

I wont know until I have totaled my costs for building the dies. Somewhere between 500-$1000. I know thats vague, but we will be somewhere between the two options on the market.

I have been getting more inquiries about front and rear valences as well, so perhaps it will get boosted up the list.

Pete

mepstein
QUOTE(peteyd @ Apr 21 2016, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 20 2016, 04:01 PM) *

Pete

Any idea on price point?

I wont know until I have totaled my costs for building the dies. Somewhere between 500-$1000. I know thats vague, but we will be somewhere between the two options on the market.

I have been getting more inquiries about front and rear valences as well, so perhaps it will get boosted up the list.

Pete

And front and rear bumpers.
Fronts especially, they are becoming scarce.
Please poke.gif
peteyd
We are having a sale on all 356, 911 and 914 sheet metal parts that we produce in Canada. The sale ends on June 30 2016. No rain checks, so get your orders in before its too late.

Pete
peteyd
Bump for our current sale thats on.
bretth
20%? Awesome there goes all my money.

Brett
mepstein
We just spent a grand on 911 parts. Probably some more before the month is over. Shipping was supper quick. Thanks.
raynekat
Just received my shipment today....less than 1 week. Wow, that was fast and the parts look great. Cary will be busy in the coming weeks installing everything on my 71 914.
peteyd
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 2 2016, 09:46 AM) *

We just spent a grand on 911 parts. Probably some more before the month is over. Shipping was supper quick. Thanks.

QUOTE(raynekat @ Jun 3 2016, 07:31 PM) *

Just received my shipment today....less than 1 week. Wow, that was fast and the parts look great. Cary will be busy in the coming weeks installing everything on my 71 914.

Awesome! thanks for the orders gentlemen.

Keep them coming!

Pete
914werke
Pete how do you reference the discount? Promo code ...?
Is it for parts only or total (incl. shipping)?
peteyd
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 10 2016, 08:41 AM) *

Pete how do you reference the discount? Promo code ...?
Is it for parts only or total (incl. shipping)?

The discount will be applied when the invoice is put together. If you want to know exactly what your getting a discount on, then I would recommend calling in.

All orders over $1000 will get an additional $100 off of the shipping total.

Pete
peteyd
I have finished the /6 ignition key depression. I test fit an original /6 ignition to ensure they have proper cutouts.

there is extra material around the outside that needs to be trimmed, and there are several depressions to help locate where it needs to get welded into the dash.

Click to view attachment

I will come up with a price in the next couple days.

Pete
Mark Henry
How long is the sale on for?
I should get something for the young lads birthday...
peteyd
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 15 2016, 05:34 PM) *

How long is the sale on for?
I should get something for the young lads birthday...

The sale ends June 30. No rain checks so get your order in soon.

Pete
peteyd
One more bump for the sale!
Buy your 914 sheet metal before the sale ends!

Pete
Mark Henry
Only a few hours left to hit the RD e-store.
Just got the boy his birthday present shades.gif
peteyd
We are hosting a sale for 9/14 day!

Sale runs from the 14th till the 30th of September.

20% off all Canadian made product.
914work
Nice!
How do you tell whats made in Canada & other?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 14 2016, 02:21 AM) *

Nice!

If you click on the part description all the Canadian parts say "Made in Canada". These are parts that are made by RD in-house.
If it doesn't say where it's made it's not on sale.

Also a good indicator is if the part has primer on it then RD didn't make it.

RD uses a higher quality steel with a special coating (IIRC) that prevents rust, so they don't have primer paint their panels.
peteyd
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 15 2016, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 14 2016, 02:21 AM) *

Nice!

If you click on the part description all the Canadian parts say "Made in Canada". These are parts that are made by RD in-house.
If it doesn't say where it's made it's not on sale.

Also a good indicator is if the part has primer on it then RD didn't make it.

RD uses a higher quality steel with a special coating (IIRC) that prevents rust, so they don't have primer paint their panels.

thanks Mark
mb911
Ordered my passenger side engine shelf last week I think it ships today.. The discount pushed me over the edge to buy vs fab and I like to fab.. Thanks
peteyd
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 20 2016, 07:43 AM) *

Ordered my passenger side engine shelf last week I think it ships today.. The discount pushed me over the edge to buy vs fab and I like to fab.. Thanks

Great!

thanks for the order!

Pete
peteyd
Click to view attachment

Hello 914'ers

Starting April 1st, 2017 at 12:00 am EST, Restoration Design is happy to offer customers a new promotion we call 'Escape the Freight'. Receive a substantial shipping credit on all eligible orders, until May 31st.

Orders of $1,000 - $1,999 will receive a $100 Shipping Credit!

Orders of $2,000 - $2,999 will receive a $150 Shipping Credit!

Orders over $3,000 will receive a $200 Shipping Credit!

peteyd
We have an updated part to offer now. A more correct stamping of the door lock post. Crisp stamping with no tearing.

Offered for $115

Find it here

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Luke M
Hi Pete,

Is the edge ( in the red ) rounded or a sharp 90 degrees ?
Also is the air vent hole the correct size to fit into the elbow?

Thanks again for the products that you guys make.
peteyd
The edge in question has the same radius as the NOS piece I copied. It should not be 90 degrees exact. It is a 5/32 rad.

Here is the NOS piece we have.

Here is my reproduction piece. Both were measured with the same radius gauge. There is a small lip on the other side of this piece where the tube is placed.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Luke M
Hi Pete,

So it's a copy or as close to as possible of the nos part.
That's what I was asking about. Sorry if I threw you off on the 90 degree thing.

Looks like I need to add this to my list now.

Thanks,

QUOTE(peteyd @ May 1 2017, 09:29 AM) *

The edge in question has the same radius as the NOS piece I copied. It should not be 90 degrees exact. It is a 5/32 rad.

Here is the NOS piece we have.

Here is my reproduction piece. Both were measured with the same radius gauge. There is a small lip on the other side of this piece where the tube is placed.

peteyd
Here is another new part.

1 out of 5 pieces for the /6 engine tin. Laser cutting tomorrow so they should be up on the web in about a week. I will have a price at that point.

Click to view attachment

Test fitted to our engine.

Click to view attachment
defianty
QUOTE(peteyd @ May 8 2017, 09:47 PM) *

Here is another new part.

1 out of 5 pieces for the /6 engine tin. Laser cutting tomorrow so they should be up on the web in about a week. I will have a price at that point.

Click to view attachment

Test fitted to our engine.

Click to view attachment

Great, any eta on the other pieces?
peteyd
Two other panels will go into the press next week probably. Then if they work out fine laser cutting another week. If adjustments need to be made then add 3 weeks at least.

Then 2 more panels need to be tried and those will take another month at least.

Its hard to tell how long, too many variables.

Pete
Mark Henry
Engine tin will you be selling pieces separately or only as a package?
I ask because I have the OE pulley tin, but the rest is homemade.
defianty
QUOTE(peteyd @ May 9 2017, 01:52 PM) *

Two other panels will go into the press next week probably. Then if they work out fine laser cutting another week. If adjustments need to be made then add 3 weeks at least.

Then 2 more panels need to be tried and those will take another month at least.

Its hard to tell how long, too many variables.

Pete

Thanks for the information Pete.
peteyd
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 10 2017, 08:17 AM) *

There will be a kit and they will also be sold separately.

Pete
Mark Henry
QUOTE(peteyd @ May 11 2017, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 10 2017, 08:17 AM) *

There will be a kit and they will also be sold separately.

Pete

thumb3d.gif
peteyd
I was holding off on this piece because getting the NAFTA paperwork for the parts to cross the border has been slow. But it seems that people are in need of this part.

This is an exact copy of the original piece. 7/16-20 thread, spot welded stud to the reinforcement plate. You can see I tested the weld until the correct heat was put into it to ensure the welds hold. These were several wacks with a 25 lb sledge.

I have no price point yet either, so if you're interested in this piece either give me a call, or PM.

Pete
519-836-3555

IronHillRestorations
Will you be putting the wire retaining tabs on the engine tins?

I have some original pieces if you need any measurements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.