Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
peteyd
New ownership and management.
My father, brother and I will be taking charge of the new company, Restoration Design Inc. and it's daily activites. We drive Porsches and we know Porsches. We know that the customer service/support of the former owner has been lacking and we will strive to improve. Please be patient with us as we move to and set up in a new and modern facility, which should take 2/3 weeks. We will endeavour to ship your parts in a timely fashion, and please do not hesitate to call during business hours if you have questions. Please continue to look at the same website for updates, changes and new parts which we will be adding over time. Looking forward to restoring and building new and lasting relationships in the future.

Thanks

Peter, Mike, and Alex DeJonge
carr914
Good Luck on your new venture. & welcome.png

Will Bill be staying on with your company? I know that some members had problems in the past, but I have bought from Bill for years and have nothing but good to say.

RD has always made superior metal pieces and I hope your desire is to continue this.

If you are putting together a Mailing or eMail list, Please include me

all the best,
T.C. Davis
peteyd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 22 2009, 04:15 PM) *

Good Luck on your new venture. & welcome.png

Will Bill be staying on with your company? I know that some members had problems in the past, but I have bought from Bill for years and have nothing but good to say.

RD has always made and I hope your desire is to continue this.

If you are putting together a Mailing or eMail list, Please include me

all the best,
T.C. Davis

Bill will no longer be with the company. It is our desire to continue to make superior metal pieces and also rebuild some of the faith and trust that has been lost over time by fellow members
JazonJJordan
birthday3.gif As this is a new beginning~ Welcome to the party!
I have a few questions if that is ok?

What role do you aim to play? Services-Vendor-Manufacturer?

What is the nature of your business? Steel, electrical, engine.

(I realize what it was in the past- perhaps any new directions or offerings also?)
What can we expect to see soon? Thanks- we will forward you some business.

peteyd
QUOTE(JazonJJordan @ Aug 22 2009, 10:54 PM) *

(I realize what it was in the past- perhaps any new directions or offerings also?)

We will continue to be a vendor/manufacturer
We will be updating the list of parts available and we will develop some new dies to enable us to make available a larger variety of sheet metal parts.
tat2dphreak
I gotta say this is good news! and welcome.png
Richard Casto
Good luck with the new company!

I noticed you are in Canada. Will you be moving the company and manufacturing to Canada?
Gint
Right on! I've bought many parts form Bill over the years. I'm ecstatic to see that someone is coming in and will hopefully put forth the resources to keep RD up and running well and into the future.

Good luck!
PanelBilly
I've seen way too many companies close their doors in the last year and I want to thank-you for helping to keep this business running.
Rav914
Congratulations. I'm sure you'll make a success of this.

Question: I placed an order about six weeks ago. Should I re-submit or sit tight and wait for your production run to catch up? Thanks,

Nate
jc914
smilie_pokal.gif welcome.png
davep
Any chance of dropping in to say hello?
peteyd
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Aug 24 2009, 06:44 PM) *

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll make a success of this.

Question: I placed an order about six weeks ago. Should I re-submit or sit tight and wait for your production run to catch up? Thanks,

Nate

Wait till the website is updated with the new contact information. Then you can contact us to confirm that the order is still in the system. We will be in Michigan till the weekend, so we will not be able to take any calls or orders.

Peter
peteyd
QUOTE(davep @ Aug 25 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Any chance of dropping in to say hello?

Sure, but you will have to wait till we get back from Michigan. Check the website for updates and new contact information.

Peter
JazonJJordan
Very glad to hear it; I have one 73 making rust dust and calling your name for reprieve! Start a stamping my hopes up; We need some help!
QUOTE(peteyd @ Aug 23 2009, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(JazonJJordan @ Aug 22 2009, 10:54 PM) *

We will continue to be a vendor/manufacturer
We will be updating the list of parts available and we will develop some new dies to enable us to make available a larger variety of sheet metal parts.
charliew
I was happy with the service and quality Bill gave me and I was also happy with his prices.
naro914
Great news!

Bill always made top quality products....all of the replacement parts on Huey came from RD. My only issue with him was that he/they never seemed to answer the phone, and never called back when you left a message. When you actually did get someone to answer, all was good, and he delivered as promised at a very good price.

You will do very well in this market if you:

- Keep up the high quality already established
- Ship on time as promised
- Keep the prices reasonable
- Answer the phone and be honest with everyone. I would rather when I call to be told that it will take 5 weeks to get my part and it be 5 weeks, than be told it will be out in 2 weeks, and it take 5 weeks. Please do not fall into the trap of trying to please everyone. We all appreciate honesty. Bill was honest....just not always responsive!

Good luck!!
dr.wood.2000
QUOTE(peteyd @ Aug 22 2009, 08:07 PM) *

My father, brother and I will be taking charge of the new company, Restoration Design Inc. and it's daily activites. We drive Porsches and we know Porsches. We know that the customer service/support of the former owner has been lacking and we will strive to improve. Please be patient with us as we move to and set up in a new and modern facility, which should take 2/3 weeks. We will endeavour to ship your parts in a timely fashion, and please do not hesitate to call during business hours if you have questions. Please continue to look at the same website for updates, changes and new parts which we will be adding over time. Looking forward to restoring and building new and lasting relationships in the future.

Thanks

I just got a call from one of the new owners of Restoration Design! They are shipping my order from last july by Monday! Now I am excited!!!
I want to apologize for my earlier rant concerning the former owner. I am looking forward to doing more bussiness with the new owners.
THANKS AGAIN RESTORATION DESIGN!!! beerchug.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(peteyd @ Aug 22 2009, 05:07 PM) *

Thanks

What's the new contact info & website addy? confused24.gif
Mark Henry
http://www.restoration-design.com/
JazonJJordan
smilie_pokal.gif WooHoo! I need stuff! beerchug.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Aug 24 2009, 11:06 AM) *

Good luck with the new company!

I noticed you are in Canada. Will you be moving the company and manufacturing to Canada?

Good luck to the new owners. I would also like to know if your moving the operation to Canada? Or staying in the same MI location??

BTW: I am only about an hour drive from RD. I have been at the plant a few years ago & it's a real old bldg. If your moving the big press's out, thats a huge undertaking. Just wondering. confused24.gif

Tom
rallysport70
I am new to the 914 World, but bought a passenger longitudinal, inner wheelhouse, and jack post from Restoration Design. I did not have any association or knowledge of them previously, but got my parts in a couple of weeks (they had to manufacture one of them as they were out of stock). They look like great quality. I have not gotten around to welding them in yet, but I think they'll be great. Cheaper than others I've seen.
TravisG
I too, must post a positive experience with Resto Design. I posted in the garage area when I first dealt with them, but I thought it might get better notice on this thread.

I ordered the panels to patch the hell hole area on the outside of the battery box. I ordered them on a Monday, and they were in North Carolina by Friday of the same week! smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif

The parts were of great quality and fit very nicely. They needed little to no massaging to work.

A Great company with great customer service cheer.gif

Just my .02 worth, your mileage may vary.

Travis Elliott
Niklas
Hello!
They are super to buy parts from.
I Bought parts from them to my 914 -1972 in Sweden.
Got the parts with within 6 days to me in sweden.
Faster then if I would have bought the parts in europe.

Thank you Mike!!!

Great doing business with your company.

Niklas Ekström

Sweden
JazonJJordan
Excellent Niklas Ekström! Thanks for the update!
Also good luck on your work- and send pics~
914werke
Hey I was just checking out the web site and had a question & a comment.

1st the R. trunk repair section: I have used one of these before for a early
car and it worked out great but I don't see a version of that same piece for
a late (75-76) car? They are shaped different to accommodate the bumper shock
mounts? I need one of these & wonder what my options are?

2nd check out you links section screwy.gif this info is WAY old and outdated.
Eric_Shea
I am only about an hour drive from RD

So are we doing lunch or dinner next time I'm in ER?

I was on the site last week and wondered the same. Moving to Canada?
Tom_T
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 16 2010, 08:51 AM) *

I am only about an hour drive from RD

So are we doing lunch or dinner next time I'm in ER?

I was on the site last week and wondered the same. Moving to Canada?

Eric - they moved last year 09 sometime, with new owners.
peteyd
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 15 2010, 07:02 AM) *

Hey I was just checking out the web site and had a question & a comment.

1st the R. trunk repair section: I have used one of these before for a early
car and it worked out great but I don't see a version of that same piece for
a late (75-76) car? They are shaped different to accommodate the bumper shock
mounts? I need one of these & wonder what my options are?

2nd check out you links section screwy.gif this info is WAY old and outdated.

You can still use the same trunk panel, it will just require some modification.
74914LE
This is a great service to our 914 community. I recently purchased several items
from the new RD. Same excellent service as I always received from Bill. The
main concern that I have being in the USA, is that the Customs and Shipping Charges are going to be a problem. Hopefully RD will establish a shipping point in the USA, so we can pay the UPS Freight that we have all be accustomed to over the years.
peteyd
We are offering a new package deal for the rear half of the floor, two seat reinforcements, four seat hinges and four seat hinge mounts.

Package H
FourBlades

That package is a hell of a deal.

I just ordered two sets last week.

Thanks for providing that.

John
guywan914
Please keep up the good experience I had with Restoration Design. I know many others did not have good experiences with Bill but I had all my parts on time with excellent quality. Please keep up the same quality. guy
mepstein
agree.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif biggrin.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif bye1.gif
McMark
Cool!

BTW, your package G says 'inner rockers' and those look like outer rockers. sunglasses.gif
peteyd
We have a new part again! A pretty simple piece, but now you guys dont have to worry about fabricating this piece yourselves or removing the old one from your rotten floorpans!

Introducing,

the E-brake cable guide

It also is part of the rear floor pan package deal too
mepstein
Scotty B - Do I need one?
McMark
Cool! Definitely a needed part.
914werke
Are you guys working on a front trunk floor panel for the common AC repair & tin worm rot?
peteyd
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 29 2011, 08:37 AM) *

Are you guys working on a front trunk floor panel for the common AC repair & tin worm rot?

I will be starting work on this part this summer. I have the CAD data for the part, so it is in line soon. I dont have a definite timeline, but it should be done by year end.

Pete
ConeDodger
Pete,
Any word on the channel the engine rubber gasket goes in. For the circumference of the engine tray? We had exchanged email and you thought soon...
peteyd
I have finished two things in the past couple days.

The peddle cluster reinforcement bracket.

The channel for the engine bay rubber. It is a straight piece that you will have to gradually bend and weld

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
pnewman
Glad to see you guys continuing to make quality products.
Also, glad to see some new R&D too!!

I purchased a bunch of rust repair and upgrade items from Rest Design years ago and without the availability of such parts my 914 would have been attacked by vultures and turned into scrap.
worn
QUOTE(pnewman @ Jan 1 2012, 10:09 PM) *

Glad to see you guys continuing to make quality products.
Also, glad to see some new R&D too!!

I purchased a bunch of rust repair and upgrade items from Rest Design years ago and without the availability of such parts my 914 would have been attacked by vultures and turned into scrap.

I have had excellent service from RD. They are well organized and produce great products. Polite, and quick to respond. A word to the wise - buy these panels direct from RD.
peteyd
We have finally released our front trunk pan.

It comes in two different cuts.

the first one is the entire pan and retails for $325.
the second will be just the A/C cutout replacement piece retailing for $225

Click to view attachment
carr914
What ever happened to your Scam Giveaway?
boogie_man
QUOTE(peteyd @ Jan 15 2013, 01:44 PM) *

We have finally released our front trunk pan.

It comes in two different cuts.

the first one is the entire pan and retails for $325.
the second will be just the A/C cutout replacement piece retailing for $225

Click to view attachment

Very, very nice work guys. Your stuff fits like a glove............always !!
dlee1967
I just received my AC repair panel. Quick shipping and the part looks great. I will have it in shortly.
peteyd
We have a couple cool new key fobs. These are giveaways at swap meets. If you want one come see us at the LA lit meet, or Hershey.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.