Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 WCR in Medford Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
montoya 73 2.0
Jamie, try this link

La Quinta Inn & Suites, White City, Oregon

People will still have to call the hotel to get the discount. I would also put the other link on the main page. It has to start working at some point.
Jakeodoule
Thanks Drew!
Yea there just isn't many to chose from in the area.

there is a few up in Shady cove but none seemed right.
The edgewater you might have looked at. They were willing to give us the conference room next to the pool, but the parking lot just isn't big enough.

The Coachman is a cool little affordable place but they only have 12 rooms that weekend.

The Maple leaf is 112 a night and its parking it too small as well.

Otherwise you have to go the other way to Medford and the choices don't get any better. All of them are right on the freeway....
Thanks again for checking them out.

I was thinking, we park the motorhomes carefully in the parking lot like walls. Then set up the party area in the middle of them they will block the camera and block noise.
montoya 73 2.0
I believe the camera is facing the waterfall/fountain area and the lot entrance. The Fire Department may have something to say if we block off exit or entrance to the parking area. If we can get our group in the 9 regular rooms on that whole side of the hotel than there is the 3 suites, the pool and gym that faces the lot. We can probably place a motorhome to block the gym (yellow rectangle), one of the pool windows and the view from the office (not Mr. Sharpe's magic bus!). Noise shouldn't be a concern unless we are reving motors or playing stereo's loud but if we placed the party area in the bottom left corner (blue rectangle) it is covered from the street by the fountain and furthest from the hotel. What were you thinking?

I'm actually going back to Medford next Sunday so I will see where exactly the camera is looking and anything you guys may want to know.

Click to view attachment

If we can get atleast 30 rooms reserved, I think they would work with us without a problem. If we get 40+, thats more than half so I think we would be golden! This is going to be a kick ass long weekend gentlemen!!!!
JRust
Yeah that looks great! I'll go add the link now. Since they have to call anyway it doesn't make a huge difference. At least they can see the basics of the place. That would be really cool too if the lot behind is open for motorhomes. While it doesn't give them hookups it would be great for some I'd think. Be great for trailers too for those that trailer up.
JoeSharp
I seen a lot of post by people that want to bring their coaches and trailers. If we can take part of that field there might be some intrest by the people that want to camp near by.
You guys Know I have replaced Neverland?

Click to view attachment

Oh and one more thing, about 1/4th of the people that came to '09 singed up in the last month.
Now for the second other thing. We had more cars on the track than we had at Show and shine.
montoya 73 2.0
Oh man, You traded Neverland for that?! You got robbed! Nice Cayman Joe.

I'm going to Medford in a week or so, I'm going to talk to the management about the field and what exactly we can and cannot have.
JoeSharp
Ah, it's just another NARP....
montoya 73 2.0
UPDATE - Dick Calhoun (SSCC President) just called me to let me know that the scheduling meeting will be held this coming Thursday.
JRust
Good deal! Once we know I need to make a trip down. Be good to get some of us together to get some cost down. We need to figure out registration costs for everyone. Hopefully we can figure a weekend that would work for as many as we can get.
JRust
So I chatted with Brett a bit tonight. Looks like we have a little over $500 left from last year to help pay for the autoX. I am going to start figuring our costs out. I have a hernia surgery on Feb 7th. While I am flat on my back doped up with pain meds. I hope to get some time to get the costs ironed out. I would like to open the official registration thread middle of next month.. Or I guess adding it to our current thread is fine.

As far as the finance side of things. We need someone to be in charge of the finances. So we need to set up a paypal account. Then we can either get a debt card for it. Or tie it to another bank account local to the person in charge of it. Anyone want to volunteer to be our financial guru???

Default will be me but I would LOVE to have someone else take care of this smile.gif
montoya 73 2.0
The track alone is about 950.00 If we are still talking about a few of us getting together before the event in Medford for a meeting thing, I would like to offer / have a BBQ at my place (about 60 miles south East of Medford). Let me know, I may be able to get some hotel rooms for a discount too.

The following is the cost's he was throwing out;

1. The Karters usually charge them (SSCC) $1000.00 per weekend for the track, so he is thinking possibly half ($500.00) of that for one day. He still has to talk to the Kart guys about this.

2. Approximately $150.00 for a single day event of insurance. Again, he has to talk to his fellow board members.

3. Another approximately $300.00 for Equipment (timing light, cones, flags, SSCC personel running the event). He again has to talk to his fellow board members to which ones would like to run the timing equipment and other things.

montoya 73 2.0
I will be going to Crater Lake next Saturday. To drive the route from the hotel (1hr 45min.) and a possible different return route (1hr. 45Min.). Also to see where we could have lunch.

Pm me if there is anything anyone may want me to check out.

Route from hotel to Crater lake and a different return route.

Let me know if anyone would like to change the route.
JRust
How are the roads Drew? I think that looks like a good route. It's not to long which is nice. Should give us enough time to have our show & shine that morning. Then our awards dinners later that night.
montoya 73 2.0
The roads are good now. Alot of snow on the side of the road! If we don't get to much more snow this year, I think it will be great in June!

If we leave from the Show & Shine at about 10:30am (or so), 1 3/4 hours of road time to the Lake, then a possible 1/2 to a hour of time at the Lake. Lunch for 1 1/2 hours, then another 1 3/4 hours back to hotel. That puts us at 4:30pm or so?

Time can be adjusted but I think we would make good time for dinner.
montoya 73 2.0
We need to figure out the Dinner for Saturday, I was thinking maybe Lasagna or spaghetti dinner? Let me know what you guys think.
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 20 2011, 02:18 PM) *

We need to figure out the Dinner for Saturday, I was thinking maybe Lasagna or spaghetti dinner? Let me know what you guys think.

I'm good with some pasta for sure. I'd like to have some chicken possibly too. I think 2 main dishes so people have a choice. Or they can have a little of both. Guess it depends on price & if that is very realistic.
McMark
Don't worry about feeding everyone if you don't have to. People can find their own food sometimes and often simple is better during these things.
montoya 73 2.0
using McMarks advice, I contacted a caterer (Salvioli's Kitchen 541-778-4770) in Medford for Saturday's dinner. They say $10.00 $12.00 (prices went up on veggies) per person is a safe number to go with if using 50 people as a number.

The menu was quoted as the following;

1. Lasagna with meatballs and/or Chicken Parm
2. Caesar Salad
3. Garlic Bread
4. Canolli's (don't know how to spell it) for dessert.

Let me know if your okay with that or if you would like to change anything.
JRust
Sounds good Drew! I'll be down saturday the 5th. Do they just do catering or do they have a resauraunt? It would be cool to eat there & try them out. Is 541-281-8822 your cell Drew? Mine is 541-510-0086
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 23 2011, 12:48 PM) *

Sounds good Drew! I'll be down saturday the 5th. Do they just do catering or do they have a resauraunt? It would be cool to eat there & try them out. Is 541-281-8822 your cell Drew? Mine is 541-510-0086

Yes, its the same cell number. I just spoke to Lisa and it is a mobile kitchen (I believe a truck). She will call me back (taking her dog to the vet right now) to let me know if they can meet us on that Saturday. I'm also waiting for Dick to email me back about meeting us at the track to show and tell.

*update - Just heard from Dick, He said it's not a problem, his calendar is open for the 5th. To let him know when to meet him at the track.
McMark
(taking her dog to the vet right now)

You're very thorough, Drew. tongue.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Thats my anal Mechanical Engineering / Designer / Drafter background. One of my instructors told me "write it all down, but always be prepared to shred it"!
JRust
Sounds good Drew. See you soon
montoya 73 2.0
Lisa (the wife of Savioli's kitchen) emailed me to say they wouldn't be available to come out on the 5th, but she and her husband invited us to there home for dinner. The next time they will be working is March 19th - 21st at the track. I dont know if we can do dinner but i guess we should find out what time they are thinking for dinner. Let me know what you are thinking.
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 27 2011, 08:10 AM) *

Lisa (the wife of Savioli's kitchen) emailed me to say they wouldn't be available to come out on the 5th, but she and her husband invited us to there home for dinner. The next time they will be working is March 19th - 21st at the track. I dont know if we can do dinner but i guess we should find out what time they are thinking for dinner. Let me know what you are thinking.

I'm confused. They can't come next week. Yet they are inviting us to their home for dinner. Does that mean we can com eon the 5th? Is when they are working the track?
montoya 73 2.0
Lisa said they werent going to be working on the 5th. So she said we could go to their home for dinner. Im going to be at the track at about 1 to meet you. I will let Dick know to be there. Tell me what you think.
McMark
I'm confused too. blink.gif How did the dog do at the vet? lol-2.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Actually, She told me the dog had gone for it's shots and nails cut. Doing good now.
JRust
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 28 2011, 01:18 PM) *

I'm confused too. blink.gif How did the dog do at the vet? lol-2.gif

WTF.gif agree.gif laugh.gif

Okay gotcha on dinner. Probably cool but I may end up bringing my whole family down. Sounded like the kids want to go down there too. So maybe they wouldn't want that many people. I wont know on them until later in the week. Im in vegas for work & get back friday. I will give you a call thursday night Drew. Thx
montoya 73 2.0
Cool. I was thinking that I would go up to Medford when they were at the track later this month also. I will be at the track (with the wife) on Saturday to meet you and your family. Talk to you on Thursday.
montoya 73 2.0
Crap! I totally forgot to tell you Jamie that there is a 10 dollar fee per car for Crater Lake. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they have a group discount.
montoya 73 2.0
i was just sent an email from the caterer, here is the email:

Hi Drew,
Here is what I am planning.

Lunch June 24th at The Kart Track;
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
BBQ or Garlic Lemon Chicken Breast
Home Made Cole Slaw
Home Made Baked Beans
Fruit or Cake
Soda's and Water
$10.00 per person

Dinner June 25th at LaQunitia in White City;
Home Made Meat Lasagna
Home Made Chicken Parm over Spaghetti
Garlic Bread
Salad
Home Made Canolli's and Fruit
Coffee
$13.00 Per Person

Let me know if this menu works for you. I am also wondering when we will have an actual head count? Last, I will need a deposit a couple weeks prior to the event.

Lisa

I let her know that Lunch at the track was still questionable as far as the club paying for it. We still want them to be there and the same menu.

What do you guys think?
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 24 2011, 02:03 PM) *

I let her know that Lunch at the track was still questionable as far as the club paying for it. We still want them to be there and the same menu.

What do you guys think?

Was she okay doing the track day that way? The saturday dinner is fine. Hopefully that works okay for her.
montoya 73 2.0
She mentioned that 25 bucks per person for two meals, a dessert and beverages is a good deal. Which I would agree with her but we did say that if things worked out that we could change from dinner only being paid for, to lunch also. Are we still considering?
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 25 2011, 08:14 AM) *

She mentioned that 25 bucks per person for two meals, a dessert and beverages is a good deal. Which I would agree with her but we did say that if things worked out that we could change from dinner only being paid for, to lunch also. Are we still considering?

Right now no we are not still considering. I figured our cost based on a min of 50 eating saturday night. I figure we will have more but that is no problem. If things went much better than that registration wise. Then there is a chance we could do friday too. I just don't want her to count on that. When it get's closer we will have a better idea. I certainly don't want to make this hard on her. I was just to worried about registration being to much. Especially if we ended up with less than the 50 people I planned on confused24.gif . I am sure it will be more but going from $70 to $85 I thought was a bit much. We always try to keep registration as low as possible. Not to mention the guest would have jumped from $30-$45 & I wouldn't have done the family pack deal. Hopefully Lisa will be okay with it. Please let me know if she isn't. Worst case we can just bring some BBQ's & do our own there. Hopefully she doesn't think we are trying to chew her down on price. That isn't the case at all.
montoya 73 2.0
Lisa is cool with just showing up on Friday as a food vendor. I reiterated to her that the prices were not the deciding factor of the change for Friday. She understands that we have to keep the Registration price down in order to bring in more people. She said it's all fine and I told her that at the end of May we can give her a update on a head count for both Friday and Saturday. She's good with that. thumb3d.gif
JRust
Excellent! I'll keep my fingers crossed we'll be able to foot the bill for friday too. All depends how many people register & pay I guess. This works perfect as we can touch base with numbers in late may. She is easy to work with. We will take good care of her biggrin.gif . Now lets see how our tshirt sales do piratenanner.gif
montoya 73 2.0
As for the shirts I think if we offer White, Black and Ash (light grey) we could get more sales than only offering white. But that's just my opinion.
McMark
agree.gif Drew!
McMark
Also, there are a few people listing (Vegetarian/Vegan) on the sign up. Which reminds me that we need to make sure those people are taken care of adequately. More than just tossing a head of lettuce in their cages. lol2.gif

Of course, this may have been covered. I might'a missed it.
montoya 73 2.0
You didn't miss it cause I didn't say anything. I totally forgot! I already spoke to Lisa, She said they could do eggPlant for the Dinner and for lunch on Friday she said something but I forgot. I will call her and ask to be sure. Thanks for reminding me!

I should have remembered since my wife is one of them.
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 25 2011, 10:25 PM) *

As for the shirts I think if we offer White, Black and Ash (light grey) we could get more sales than only offering white. But that's just my opinion.

I think that sounds great. Can we put an order thread up for them yet? Guess it would be better if they could see the logo on a shirt. We should be able to photoshop it onto the 3 shirt options though right?
montoya 73 2.0
okay, I just found out that the "Kruise Of Klamath" is taking place the same weekend of our event. Dennis Gage from "My Classic Car" series will be here filming.

Click to view attachment

Kruise Of Klamath web site...click here

just wanted to let you guys know that an hour away (other side of the mountains) is another event that takes over the whole town and downtown.

Here is there schedule;

Friday June 24, 2011

Registration & Packet Pickup
Veteran's Memorial Park - Downtown exit off Hwy 97
12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Cops & Robbers - Benefitting the Reserve Officers Association
Veteran's Memorial Park
2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Sock Hop
Shilo Inn Conference Center - 2500 Almond Street
7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
DJ Wolfman playing music of the 50's, 60's & 70's
Secured parking for registered vehicles

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Show 'N Shine
Moore Park - Lakeshore Drive
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Registrant parking
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Registration open on a space limited basis
10:30 a.m. - All cars must be parked - No exceptions
11:00 a.m. - Gates open to the public
3:00 p.m. - Awards presentation

Closed Kruise
Historical downtown Klamath Falls
7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Breakfast
Starv'n Marv'n Family Restaurant - 1822 Austin Street
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

Poker Run
Starts at Starv'n Marv'n Family Restaurant
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (approximately)

Road Rally to Crater Lake
Departs from Veterans Park at 1:00 p.m.
Upon arrival at Crater Lake there will be photo opportunities after which everyone is on their own
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 30 2011, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 25 2011, 10:25 PM) *

I think that sounds great. Can we put an order thread up for them yet? Guess it would be better if they could see the logo on a shirt. We should be able to photoshop it onto the 3 shirt options though right?

I'm going to the place tomorrow. Until we find out the cost for the three colors of shirts from Rob and the weight of the (thicker) shirt we will wait to see who is going to make them.

Rob since Oregon doesn't have sales tax, did the shirt cost that was posted include California sales tax or does that not apply?
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 29 2011, 04:32 PM) *

You didn't miss it cause I didn't say anything. I totally forgot! I already spoke to Lisa, She said they could do eggPlant for the Dinner and for lunch on Friday she said something but I forgot. I will call her and ask to be sure. Thanks for reminding me!

I should have remembered since my wife is one of them.

just spoke to Lisa, She said she can do A Eggplant Parmesian for the Saturday Dinner and a Eggplant burger for the Lunch on Friday. As long as we give her a good head count at the end of May, she said it should be no problem.
Jakeodoule
If you saw my post on the snow levels at Crater Lake you'll see we are dreaming about driving around the lake. The north entrance may not even be open by then. That means you drive up to and back down the same road. Plus the entrance fee of 10 bucks per car... And its going to be a quick visit because of snow. Also there is only one cafe up there and the restaurant may or may not be open. Lunch on the route may be a problem. I can only imagine how long it will take to get lunch if 30 cars/45 plus people descend on a cafe some place....

I spoke to the owner of this joint. http://www.prospecthotel.com/
They are only open for Dinner normally however he is willing to open just for us. He said he can seat 65 with no problem and would love to serve us lunch. We would need to decide on a basic menu with only a few choices. he can do from burgers to prime rib. its up to us. Looks like a cool place and is on the route to or from Crater lake. I think it might be best to eat on the way. That way we are not rushed trying to get there after the drive. Its only a little ways from the hotel so we can have the show/shine and then head up there for lunch. Or even have the show and shine there.
Only problem is we need a close head count so they can be ready.
What say you?

montoya 73 2.0
I spoke with the rangers station a few months ago. They told me that 48 to 55 feet of snow is almost the average. Last year they had a little over 48 feet and they were able to get the wholle drive around the rim open by June 20th. now I just spoke to the Rangers station and this year "They may not be able too due to other projects being more important" so we probably won't be able to drive all the way around the rim.

They did say the cafe and the lodge restaurant will be open for lunch by mid June. There is also Annie Creek Restaurant (see below) closer to the entrance (Mazama camp grounds) that will also open Mid June. The gas station will also be open.

Everyone is on there own for lunch on Friday and Saturday. Except Friday at the track there will be a caterer there serving a lunch menu.

This is what I found;

Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room
Crater Lake's premier fine dining establishment. Features Northwest cuisine made with choice Oregon-grown ingredients. Sample the best of what Oregon has to offer, from the freshest, locally-grown mushrooms and berries to Rogue Valley cheeses and wines.

The Dining Room is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with seating available for 75.

Annie Creek Restaurant & Gift Shop
The Annie Creek Restaurant, open from early-June through mid-September is located in Mazama Village, seven miles from the rim of Crater Lake. Seating is available for 100 guests. The restaurant features a melting pot of American cuisine with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and soup and salad buffets. Beer and wine is also available.

Rim Village Café and Gift Shop
The Rim Village Café features "Grab and Go" items including hot soups, sandwiches, salads and snacks. This 1,500-square-foot café has a seating capacity of 36 inside and 48 on an adjoining patio. The 2,200-square-foot retail area features a hiking theme with aisles resembling a hiking trail that weaves its way through the shop. The trail is made of various tiles including some that look like local rock.

A snow tunnel through the basement of the building to the parking lot makes an easy access for winter visitors. The building is located one block north of the Crater Lake Lodge.

All three (3) of the above can be seen at the following website;
Crater Lake Lodge-
Jakeodoule
I can't remember the date of last years WCR, Middle of May I think. but Mike and I went up there on the way home and the north entrance and road were still closed. The snow was 15 feet high and you could not even see the lake without climbing up on the snow bank...
Hopefully your right and it'll be open.
montoya 73 2.0
*UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with the Crater Lake Admissions office, They do not have a group rate. So we have to pay the $10.00 per car. Since I've been there more than I can remember, I will stay back and get the dinner and awards stuff ready.
Jakeodoule
Hey does anyone have one of those raised fire pit things?
It be great to have something like that for the parking lot.
I could get one but I'm driving my teener and already bringing my camping stuff, Dr Evil's transmission and all the trophy's.

Wood would be good too, but I'm sure we could buy some in town.
Just a thought.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.