Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 WCR in Medford Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
montoya 73 2.0
Okay, I know it's early for thinking about door prizes and such but I was going to see about having some cigars made with the event logo on them (with permission of course). Then I thought not everyone wants a cigar so I thought about how Rob gave away the Matchbox cars to all the registrants so that got me to thinking! What if we had these (see below) with the event logo, date and location on them to give to the registrants? I personally will put up my own money to get these started if the guy I talk to can get them in bulk. I'm thinking 50 to 100? Just a thought?

Click to view attachment

1:87 scale (about 2" long)
JRust
Okay I posted the dates in the main Forum. We obviously still have alot of planning to do. I just wanted to get the dates set so. Now we can plan with them in mind. Taking a bit of a leap with the track & the autoX. I figure even if worst case we cannot get the track. There will still be plenty of time for people to adjust the one day in there schedule. We will see what everyone thinks. Hopefully I didn't just start a shitstorm of people complaining about the dates or location chair.gif . on the main forum. I am hoping we can get a few of us together this summer & do the runs down there. Be nice to get us down there & really get a feel for everything. Including making a trip to the AutoX course driving.gif . Talk to you all soon- Jamie

Eric_Shea
Gang,

Jamie asked me to weigh in. I'm (almost) a Dredford resident. Our corporate offices (yes I have a day job) are there and I use to visit monthly.

One of the contributions I'd like to offer would be a few suggestions for the Medford>Grants Pass>Crescent City drive. There are a couple of things that would set this off and make it a "Spectacular" WCC event.

Number 1: The Redwoods at the end of the drive. There is parking along side the road and an "awesome" 40 minute circle (no orange cones, just pine cones) hike through the Redwoods. http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=413. No fees (so it's 914 CSOB friendly) but the pull off should be captured on someone's GPS as it could be missed through there. Imagine the memories people who have never done this before can take back with them.

Number 2 - Patrick Creek Lodge for dinner. http://patrickcreeklodge.net/ This looks like a fun place and is usually packed around dinner time. It may be a little high-endish BUT... if you check out the site, they can handle "groups". You could also select a couple menue items and simply tell them, "we have a budget that we are paying for this out of and we need to watch the numbers." I would think you could get a Chicken, Fish, Beef option and keep it around $15.00 per plate.

The drive is 2hrs 14min. non-stop, one-way (re: 5 hours in the car). I've found with various other car events that, if you can break it up with these fun things to do, it makes it seem fine for all.

Timing it so the group can have dinner at a picturesque restaurant in the canyon would be the icing on the cake.

Here's my take on that schedule:

*Lunch - 11:00 11:30 at the hotel - Everyone should be fueled up (body and car) for the trip.
*Depart Medford - 12:00 Noon
*Redwoods - 2:30 - 3:30 - It will be tight so encourage all to get on the hike ASAP (it's worth it, time for pictures of cars, road and tress when they're done)
*Depart to Crescent City - 3:30
*Crescent City 4:00 - 5:00 Oceanfront park? Bay with light house? Your call. Personally, I'm not a fan of Crescent City but, there can be some good scenery, especially the oceanfront.
*Drive to Restaurant - 5:00
*Patrick Creek Lodge - 6:00 - 8:00 - Dinner
*Drive to Medford - 8:00 - 9:30

Talk amongst yourselves. wink.gif
JRust
Hey Drew can you try to get ahold of the SCCA guy. I have sent 2 emails & gotten no response. If you happen to be going through the area again anytime soon. It would be great to meet with him to go over our date. Also let me know when you want to pick up your motor. Thanks- Jamie
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 21 2010, 02:33 PM) *

Hey Drew can you try to get ahold of the SCCA guy. I have sent 2 emails & gotten no response. If you happen to be going through the area again anytime soon. It would be great to meet with him to go over our date. Also let me know when you want to pick up your motor. Thanks- Jamie

I may be going to Medford on Friday. I'll try and get ahold of him. I last spoke to him through email on the 14th and he said," Just contact us towards the end of the year and let us know the dates you are interested. I realize this makes it hard to plan an event a year in advance, but we have been living with this for a long time and it always works out." Whats a good date to meet with him? It would be good to meet and talk over the rules and regulations. Also go for a drive or 2. We should also have a third drive for a back-up to Crater Lake. Jeff Dixon (World Member name is "Treemn") is also here in Klamath Falls and he sent me a video he took last Saturday on Crater Lake Highway (62) and it still has snow!

Click to view attachment

I'm thinking I'll pick the motor up next month if thats okay with you? The wife is supposed to go down to California the weekend of August 14th (Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance), she grew up there. I thought I would go North and pick up the Motor and some Mahles I bought in Washington. Let me know. If you still have the BB, I want to look at it!
McMark
yawn.gif

stirthepot.gif
montoya 73 2.0
hahaaa! Thanks for reminding me Mark. The toy guy in L.A. "German Aircooled Scale Models" can not get the "Wiking" 914 toy's. If he can't find me another 914 toy at a reasonable price with logo than I'm thinking of maybe a self adhesive dash plaque or maybe a rear window plaque? Once we agree (or disagree) on the plaques than whomever has the event logo needs to get it to me so I can find out about priceing. What say you about the plaque idea for registrant's?

Who is going to take care of the shirts?
McMark
I've always thought it would be cool to have something you get at each event that you can hang on to and 'collect'. Just thinking about this now, it occurred to me that making something akin to a dog-tag, a small metal plate with a hole in it, would be perfect. You could keep a small chain in your glove box with all your event-tags attached. idea.gif
montoya 73 2.0
That would be cool! I got the idea of a dash plaque from my days in "Vintage Volkwagen Of America - Golden gate chapter". It is cool to have something to remember the event.

If you don't want to deal with it for this event I would be willing to see about it. Let me know Mark and Jamie!
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif

idea.gif
JRust
Hey Drew I am getting in touch with Vendors about prizes. Just going to start going through the Membor vendors section. I got input from Rob & Mark about getting on the vendors early. Their point being many vendors are setting their budget for the following year. Now being the time to get to them before their budget is spent. Also any vendors you know of outside of our world is awesome. I will be hitting up some of the more local Oregon businesses also. Talk to you soon- Jamie
montoya 73 2.0
Where and or whom do we speak to about some artwork for the event?

Jamie, I'm going to be sending our date for the A/X (June 23rd) to Jim Puehl. I will be contacting "Griot's Garage" To see about donating some of there car care products "Travel kit" and some other stuff.

I just spoke with danno55 (Dan Dixon) and he volunteered to help with any awards. I already spoke to him about possibly making some event key chains, unless Mark is going to go with his "dogtag" idea.

Can you let me know who your talking to as far as local business. So I don't double up on your efforts.
JRust
Hey Drew nothing down your way as far as businesses. I will hit up Parts Obselete which is up here just North of Amity. Anyone else I can think of. I thought I'd hit up Sunset Porsche although I don't expect to get anything from them. You never know though. I have sent off PM's to most membor vendors. I plan to get ahold of Pelican parts too. At this point not sure who else. I wouldn't worry about us talking ot he same people. If we happen to dbl up I doubt anyone will be offended. I've allready got commitments from a dozen member vendors. Things are going fine that way. Just getting it out there for them to think about. Still quite a ways off.

As far as artwork I don't know. I'll have to talk to Mark. Seems like we have someone who has done the shirts the last few years. Or maybe it was just the artwork for the shirts? I'll give him a shout
montoya 73 2.0
Alright, Cool. I'm headed north to Medford Saturday morning. Let me know if you want me to do anything.

Edit 10/26/10:

Okay, Not headed to Medford this Saturday unless Jim Puehl (SSCC) guy wants to meet me to discuss the track and the date of our AUTO-X. I already sent him the official-non-official letter of request for the date of June 23rd.

*UPDATE on some loot....

I just received a confirmation email regarding door prizes from "Griot's (the "T" is silent) Garage". They (Lisa Schimling, Executive Assistant/PR Coordinator) put a order in for our event that will be shipped to us a few weeks before the event date. cheer.gif
montoya 73 2.0
*UPDATE on the Track....

I just got off the phone with Dick Calhoun (Treasurer now - President in 2011) of the Siskiyou Sports Car Club. We spoke regarding the date June 23rd, 2011 and he was very positive about the date. Nothing is scheduled for that week or weekend as of tonight. The usual requests have already been submitted and we look very good! He has added us to the schedule to be submitted to the Karters.

The following is the cost's he was throwing out;

1. The Karters usually charge them $1000.00 per weekend for the track, so he is thinking possibly half ($500.00) of that for one day. He still has to talk to the Kart guys about this.

2. Approximately $150.00 for a single day event of insurance. Again, he has to talk to his fellow board members.

3. Another approximately $300.00 to $500.00 for Equipment (timing light, cones, flags, SSCC personel running the event). He again has to talk to his fellow board members to which ones would like to run the timing equipment and other things.

I asked for some numbers and this is what he gave us. That's it for the track for now. Dick will contact me when the schedule is finalized or if there is a conflict. Cross your fingers gentlemen!

He did ask me if there was a count on participants. Do we have a head count or a number I could give him?

In case you want a number to contact Dick Calhoun, it is (fivefourone)eight9nine-8ninefour1
JRust
Wow I have no idea of a count for the AutoX as of yet. I'll post to the WCR thread & see who is interested for sure. Good work Drew biggrin.gif

Hey John have you got an plans on hotel stuff yet? Be nice to get that squared away soon. People are asking about it. The biggest thing is being able to reserve without being on the hook for the rooms ourselves. Let me know
McMark
The artwork for previous events was handled by Ken Schipper's wife, I think his screen name is kenshipper.

I like the dog-tag idea, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to run with it, so let's not count on that idea unless everyone else is excited about it.
montoya 73 2.0
*We just received bad news!

The Karters reported in that the Moto guys reserved the track for every Thursday of next season. So what do we want to do? We can see if Friday is available or I was told we can have it on Wednesday the 22nd?
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Nov 5 2010, 11:10 AM) *

The Karters reported in that the Moto guys reserved the track for every Thursday of next season. So what do we want to do? We can see if Friday is available or I was told we can have it on Wednesday the 22nd?

Check for friday or even saturday if it isn't reserved! Let me know Asap
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 5 2010, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Nov 5 2010, 11:10 AM) *

Check for friday or even saturday if it isn't reserved! Let me know Asap

* Update on the track

Dick Calhoun (SSCC) returned my call and I requested Friday the 24th. He still has to run that by the Karters when the schedule is finalized in January. The SSCC club has no one using the track that week or weekend, Now it's up to the Karters? My understanding is that the Karters generally use the track Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes they will use the Friday to get the track set-up but not always. Cross your fingers again gentlemen.

Dick did say Wednesday was still open and it would be a better bet. In anycase, I also asked for Saturday the 25th. He reminded me of the prices for using the track for two days. I concured with his estimated prices and requested a hold on the track for Saturday until further notice.

Now, he also said that we could use the grounds and not use the track if we wanted? As long as we don't race we wouldn't have to pay the track fees and personel fees. As soon as I find out anything I will let you know.
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Nov 6 2010, 09:49 PM) *

Dick Calhoun (SSCC) returned my call and I requested Friday the 24th. He still has to run that by the Karters when the schedule is finalized in January. The SSCC club has no one using the track that week or weekend, Now it's up to the Karters? My understanding is that the Karters generally use the track Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes they will use the Friday to get the track set-up but not always. Cross your fingers again gentlemen.

Dick did say Wednesday was still open and it would be a better bet. In anycase, I also asked for Saturday the 25th. He reminded me of the prices for using the track for two days. I concured with his estimated prices and requested a hold on the track for Saturday until further notice.

Now, he also said that we could use the grounds and not use the track if we wanted? As long as we don't race we wouldn't have to pay the track fees and personel fees. As soon as I find out anything I will let you know.

Well what the hell. Now he's saying we won't know until January? I thought they were getting it planned out. I know wednesday isn't going to work. We still have to have it based around the weekend. I think we just want the friday if possible. I sure as hell don't want to wait until january to find out though. How do they know all the other dates are set. Yet can't get us a date set until january?
montoya 73 2.0
Dick has to take there schedule (SSCC) then go through the other car and motorcycle clubs requests and finally clubs like ours that want to schedule one or two events. Then meet with the Karters and see if there is any overlap or conflicting schedules with theirs.

There are several clubs that use that track on a regular basis. The Karters, SSCC, Moto club, MR2 club, Fiat club, The city of Medford (police department) and then any other clubs that wants in. We happen to be the the ones at the end of this chow line.

I know it sucks to have to wait but we are not a regular to this track. I'm sure they get first crack at the schedule and then comes us. Dick said he will let us know ASAP! I'm going to take the initiative and talk directly to the Moto Cross guys to see if we can have this one Thursday out of the season and if not then talk to the Karters to get the friday. Wish me luck!
JRust
I hear you & appreciatte your hard work. I know we are stuck with their schedule. Just figures I move to a day that doesn't get used. Only to have them request that day for the season. Such is life & I just hope we can get that friday. If it was meant to be it will happen. Worst case is no AutoX. Hopefully we can work it out driving.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I'm going to make those calls and try to get something going so we don't have to wait till January.
montoya 73 2.0
* JUST RECEIVED GOOD NEWS!

I received a phone call from the Kart President and he said that friday the 24th should be fine for us.

He also re-iterated that the big meeting with everyone who wants to schedule track time isnt till the third week in January. He also said that in the future, if we wanted to reserve the track we should speak to him instead of the SSCC people. The Karters lease the track from the City and then they rent it out to the SSCC.

So it looks like we should get it on that Friday. He also said that Thursday's are non-negotiable due to the MotoX club almost leaving last year.

As it stands right now, The SSCC doesn't have anything going on that weekend. The Karters do not have anything that weekend either but he said if they do decide to need the track it would only be needed for Saturday and Sunday. Nothing permanent till Late January but both entities know we want the track on Friday.

The contact was / is Brad Garfield (President of the Southern Oregon Karters)

BTW, he says the 914 should be great for the track. He sold his own 914 last year to a friend of his who has taken it apart to re-store. he also had a 911 auto X at the track last year! This may work out great for us!!!

Also, he suggested we drive through Grants Pass to Crescent City! Alot of twists and turns, Highly recommends it.
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Nov 10 2010, 01:25 PM) *

* JUST RECEIVED GOOD NEWS!

I received a phone call from the Kart President and he said that friday the 24th should be fine for us.

He also re-iterated that the big meeting with everyone who wants to schedule track time isnt till the third week in January. He also said that in the future, if we wanted to reserve the track we should speak to him instead of the SSCC people. The Karters lease the track from the City and then they rent it out to the SSCC.

So it looks like we should get it on that Friday. He also said that Thursday's are non-negotiable due to the MotoX club almost leaving last year.

As it stands right now, The SSCC doesn't have anything going on that weekend. The Karters do not have anything that weekend either but he said if they do decide to need the track it would only be needed for Saturday and Sunday. Nothing permanent till Late January but both entities know we want the track on Friday.

The contact was / is Brad Garfield (President of the Southern Oregon Karters)

BTW, he says the 914 should be great for the track. He sold his own 914 last year to a friend of his who has taken it apart to re-store. he also had a 911 auto X at the track last year! This may work out great for us!!!

Also, he suggested we drive through Grants Pass to Crescent City! Alot of twists and turns, Highly recommends it.

Awesome! Friday works great. Way to go man!
montoya 73 2.0
I am going to be in Medford this Saturday. A few local places I want to hit up for some door prize gift certificates and maybe see the Kart guy at his shop. Will keep you updated!
Jakeodoule
Ok, I think this is going to be the best option for us.
http://www.windmillinns.com/ASHhome.html

I have looked at every major hotel in Medford, Ashland and White city. I have google earthed them all. Most have crappy parking lots, or small lots.

If you look at the top of this photo you'll see the back parking lot is kinda a dead end. Just to the left of the tennis courts.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...mp;t=h&z=18

I have spoken to the Manger and she seems open to closing that whole back lot for us. Also we would be able to occupy that back building by ourselves so that should mitigate any noise issues.
However till she speaks with the owner she would not fully commit with that or rates. She is to call me back next week. The hotel and lot is next to the freeway. However its the only place I could find in the area with a good parking lot. I like the idea of a more rustic hotel/rv park. But this is the style the poll said people want.
I'll let you know after I speak to her.
JC

JRust
Wow that looks like a very nice hotel. I wonder what the rates will be? Knowing how most teeners are on the cheap side. I worry that might be a bit much. I guess we will find out what they say. How far is Ashland from everything?
Jakeodoule
Standard rates on the web site are only 89.00 and right now they have a special pay two nights and get the third free.

That makes it pretty cheap.
The manager is checking to see if that will apply for next June.

Good luck finding anything that will work for less than 75. Unless motel 6 is ok.
montoya 73 2.0
Ashland is a Half hour away (about 25 to 30 miles away).
Jakeodoule
23 miles from white city to Ashland. Is that too far?
White city has one hotel big enough and its parking lot is super weak.
As is everything in Medford where hwy 62 meets I-5. If your saying 23 miles is too far away then you have your choice of about 6 or 8 Places in Medford and thats it. Medford is about 10 miles closer. Most of the motels in Medford are right on busy streets with no real good parking lots. I would predict problems with Medford's finest if we are openly drinking in a parking lot next to a busy street.
Just my 2cents

Were only at the track one day right?

montoya 73 2.0
You are correct, one day (friday) at the track. I wouldn't think 25 miles from Medford is far. It's a nice little drive before the festivities (races). Ashland is a cool town also! the Berkeley of Southern Oregon. Ashland even had their own naked guy walking around Campus just like Berkeley! I don't know if he still is but it's a "hippy" friendly town!

I say good choice!
Jakeodoule
Ok this place may not work.
They are closing down 2/3 of the hotel after the 1st of the year.
That building in the back is the only one they are having stay open.
Only has 30 rooms and unless we prepay them all they will not hold any rooms.
Back to square one.
Jakeodoule
I need some thoughts here.
How much is too much for room?
How far away is acceptable?

I am having trouble finding a place with the parking we need at a price I think is ok. There isn't much in the area for less than 100 stones a night.
Unless you go to Medford where Hwy 62 meets I-5. Then you can get into the 60-85 range. However they have nothing for parking. Most are just 2 rows of spots all around the building. Worthless for what we need.
I would be strung up by a broken clutch cable if I picked a place like that.
I found a couple, one has a conference room right where the parking lot is. They are willing to rope off parking area by conference room for us. However 11pm is quiet time.... 115 a night. The La Quinta right in white city looks ok. I'm still waiting for a call back. But I'm sure its a 100 a night at least. Its prime time in that area for rates.
Another that would be a little cheaper is about 30 minute drive away.
How many cars did we have last year. How many rooms were booked?
There are some smaller places with like 20 rooms but thats it.

Gimmi some guidelines and I'll pick a place. I have looked at every hotel in the area on google/bing/mapquest. surveyed every parking lot from every satellite available. I checked rates on almost every hotel with a parking lot that would work.
JRust
I don't know on the rooms. Harvey's was the official Hotel in Tahoe. But there were plenty of people that stayed at other hotels there. Just came to hang in the parking lot. They did have a nice big area for us in the parking lot. Sounds like the big issue is the parking lot. Be nice to get a little dive out of town that we could take over. A smaller place isn't to bad if it is located right for us. You have all the right things in mind. If it's a little spendier. There will be some that go to a cheaper place. They will still spend the time where we gather. Who cares so much about where they sleep. It's the ones that bring their wives & families that will probably want to sleep in a nicer place. I know for Red Rocks this year. It was a total little dive of a Motel. Rooms were old with a/c that didn't work well. Everyone had a ball though.

As far as setting aside rooms. Hopefully we can do that & have a window they will hold them. I think for Harvey's we had a certain time to be able to get the group rate. Then the rooms went out for anyone to reserve. WE DO NOT WANT TO BE ON THE HOOK FOR ANYTHING WITH HOTELS! A smaller mom & pops place will be just fine. Just use your best judgment & see who is willing to work with us. I would assume between 30-40 cars. Be awesome to set a record for that. Any hotel with conjoining parking with another hotel? Or possibly a hotel with a parking lot next to it that we might be able to work something with?
Jakeodoule
Thanks for reminding me of all the things we have already talked about.
How far is too far away from your AX?
Sure I understand the money thing and some will go cheaper. I don't care. How much is too much for the average attendee? We don't want 4 guys to stay at the "host hotel"
I just need input on these two items PLEASE
You would be surprised how small parking lots are when they're not attached to a giant casino.
On the poll very few people wanted the mom and pop style hotel. that we can "take over"
I prefer that as well. But those are not to easy to find in that area. Thats why I need to know how far away is acceptable?
White city/medford area is klinda a shit hole. Basically a stop on the freeway. till you get an hour East or west.
I could think of a 100 better places in Oregon for this. But they don't have AX tracks.
So how far?
montoya 73 2.0
I may go to medford this Saturday. Let me see what i can find in the surrounding area's. Maybe something in Central Point or eagle point. I'll also call a few people i know in Medford.

Did you try the Red Lion Inn in Medford?
JRust
Sorry to rehash things we have allready covered sad.gif

I guess it really doesn't matter how far away we are from the AutoX. I don't think a half hour to an hour drive is unacceptable. My only thought was if there were problems with cars. It would be nice if there was a place closer to the track. Doesn't really sound like there are so I am good with whatever.

On the hotel if we can keep it under $100 that is great. If not oh well. I do not personally care how nice the hotel is. While the poll might have showed people want a nicer place. Most could really care less about it. They also won't be making there decision of coming on the hotel (well at least most wont).
montoya 73 2.0
I have a friend that lives in Central Point (next to Medford) talking to a friend of his that manages a motel to see what they have as far as parking lot space and rooms. Also looking at a small motel in Cave Junction ( on Crater Lake highway, between Crater lake and Medford). Let you know what I'm told.

John, Let me know if you have already talked to anyone in Central Point or Cave Junction.
Jakeodoule
OK we have a hotel.
When I first talked to Laquinta in White city they told me 120. So I ruled them out.
I had a long conversation with the manager and they are now offering $84.84 for a double. They are willing to rope off the front of they're parking for us. This is a smoking deal compared with all the other stuff in the area.

I have reserved a room. All room reservations must be made under the 914world name. That gets the $84 rate.

The problem I was having is nobody wanted to let me know how much was too much. Jamie you seemed to suggest that the hotel I mentioned first was too expensive and to far away. Without suggesting whats too expensive and too far.... When I ask you still offered no suggestion.
Thats why I got frustrated. I wouldn't say I was pissed. just frustrated.
I don't want to spend hours looking/calling places that are too pricey or too far away. Thats all.

Away this is the place. Its about 2 miles from the AX track.
Here is the overhead of the parking lot.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...mp;t=h&z=19

www.laquintawc.com

Call them and mention 914world and book the room.
montoya 73 2.0
Sweet deal John!

I dont really know what that blue roof building is but it always has "Bingo" tournaments or something like that there.

I'm going to book a room for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. When I'm there tomorrow, I'll take some pics and post them so you can see what we have.
JRust
That is Perfect! Nice job on getting it secured. Did they say how long they would keep the rate open? I clicked on the link & it gave a bandwidth error. I'd like to get a link we can add to the first post on the main forum.

I can see how I wasn't much help there with your original hotel post. I was working & really had my mind on other things. Guess I need to get my real thinking cap on without distractions when it comes to planning huh? This really sound perfect John pray.gif . Thanks for your hard work beerchug.gif
Jakeodoule
They said the rate is good till June.
If you want to cancel you have till 2 weeks before the event.

Try this link.
http://www.laquintawc.com/
Must mention 914 world to get rate.
JRust
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Dec 11 2010, 07:12 AM) *

Try this link.

I still get a bandwidth issue. Says they have exceeded there bandwidth? Is it coming up for you? Strange if it is just me but maybe there is something screwy on my end confused24.gif . I'm sure it will be fixed soon either way. Ill wait to post it on the forum until it is working with no problems. Thanks again
Jakeodoule

QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 11 2010, 11:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Dec 11 2010, 07:12 AM) *

Try this link.

I still get a bandwidth issue. Says they have exceeded there bandwidth? Is it coming up for you? Strange if it is just me but maybe there is something screwy on my end confused24.gif . I'm sure it will be fixed soon either way. Ill wait to post it on the forum until it is working with no problems. Thanks again

Works fine for me.
montoya 73 2.0
I get the same Error Jamie.

Here are some ground pics I took a few hours ago.

This one is driving up to the lights on Crater lake Highway and (on) Highway 140.

Click to view attachment

You can see a security camera in the upper right hand corner mounted to the hotel sign.

Click to view attachment

This is looking from the corner of the building towards the parking lot.

Click to view attachment

Standing in the same spot as previous just looking at the entrance. Office is behind me.

Click to view attachment

Looking back at the hotel from about where the Uhaul is. The bottom floor windows are; left three are the pool and the 2 on the right is the gym. The windows above the gym are the Suites. They have a live in on the second floor. Above the Pool are regular rooms. Would be nice if we could get those rooms as we could overlook the cars and we wouldn't disrupt anyone unless they were in the suites.

Click to view attachment

Standing with the Uhaul to my left. There are 15 parking spots in this area. After talking the front desk guy (Nick) he said they would block off this area and the area next to it and against the wooden fence up to the lamp post. You can see the post in the 3rd pic above.

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
If you look at the google Earth pic again. you will see a open field to the left of the hotel that is mowed. They own all that land, atleast thats what Nick said. It's on the other side of the wooden fence which you can only access from the rear of the building or from the street he told me we may be able to park motor homes there?

Click to view attachment

This is standing just to the right of the hotel sign.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

In this pic you can see the light pole next to the fence and all the way to the maroon mini van would be roped off.

Click to view attachment
Jakeodoule
Thanks Drew for the recon mission...
You think it'll will work? Did you see any better places?
montoya 73 2.0
I saw a few other places but this is the best for the cost! When the wife first saw it, she thought it wouldn't be big enough (the parking lot) due to all the space we took up in Tahoe. After going to several different places she said that it was a much better location because it's away from the town and traffic. After talking to Nick (he said Nora or Norma told him about us, He offered to show me where they would rope off the parking lot for us.) After seeing what they offered to give us as far as space, She said that should be fine. Plus theres alot of restaurants, coffee places, close to the track. There is about 35 spaces in the area they said they would rope off so it should be enough room.

I think it will work. If we need more room, I think they would hook us up with it. We would need to let them know how many cars were showing up. I said about 40 showed up last year? I think it was more like 25 or 30.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.