Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT - Not to be political
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
tdgray
I don't care what your politics are and please do not voice your candidate specific opinions here. BUT

Please get out and vote. It is a privilege to be able to vote. It is a vital part of any free society.

You may not feel as if your vote counts in the presidential election and feel that you don't need to vote. WRONG. The most important reason you should vote is not the presidential election but the local issues and candidates. This is where Joe Public can really affect his / her own community.

Support your local government....be involved in your local government. You will be amazed at how much the right leadership in your community owerpowers the crappy leadership that we have in the national legislature.

GET OUT AND VOTE TODAY
Red-Beard
Done. 45 minutes, including 1/2 waiting for Poll to open. Long line to vote behind me...
seanery
wavey.gif here I go!
Jeroen
Yes, please go and vote.
And please, please, please, vote with your brain.
Don't vote for the guy with the cutest smile or the best one-liners or because that's what your dad votes.
Think about what YOU want for your country (for your own personal reasons) and vote for that...

Good luck!
Rusty
Yep. GO VOTE. You people love to argue politics - now go make your actions match your words!! boldblue.gif

We're lucky in Kansas that people are allowed 5 choices for president, plus a write-in. clap56.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
iamchappy
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
RON S.
Go out and vote!!!!!
Then tomorrow we all can come back and pass insults back and forth if our guy didn't win mad.gif

Ron
skline
agree.gif I dont care who you vote for, just make sure it is NOT Kerry. I swear this country will hurt severely if he gets elected. But do go vote. I just got home, guess who I voted for? Oh, if you are in California, vote YES on 66
Bleyseng
I am voting for the guy with the cutest smile, best jokes and the most promises!
I don't want prayer in the workplace, drilling for oil in my backyard nor missile defense systems that can't work.
Guess who I am voting for!

Geoff
Jeroen
Geoff, can you be a bit more specific please biggrin.gif
skline
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 2 2004, 06:51 AM)
I am voting for the guy with the cutest smile, best jokes and the most promises!
I don't want prayer in the workplace, drilling for oil in my backyard nor missile defense systems that can't work.
Guess who I am voting for!

Geoff

Please no, dont vote for Nader!!!!
Allan
Yep Yep Yep!! Gotta go vote. biggrin.gif
tdgray
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 2 2004, 06:45 AM)
I dont care who you vote for, just make sure it is NOT Kerry.

Really I meant it when I said I don't want to hear your political persuasions.

Don't make me delete this thread ohmy.gif
ninefourteener
Strangely enough.... I have never voted before. I've never cared enough about politics to vote.

I voted for the first time nearly a month ago. Now more than ever it is of such importance.

The fact that I'm active duty Air Force for the past 11 years has great bearing on what my decision was.

It all boils down to change. If you believe what we are doing is right, vote accordingly. If you believe the country is headed in the right direction, vote accordingly. If you believe that everything is just fine, and our military are dying for noble causes....... then vote for the candidate who believes no change is necessary.

If you believe we need a drastic change, now........ vote accordingly.

Either way, voice your opinions, voice your beliefs, and express your right as an American. Do it today..... right now.

Matt
Jeroen
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 2 2004, 05:09 PM)
Please no, dont vote for Nader!!!!

Hey Scott,
I must have misunderstood your earlier post, cause I thought that's who you wanted to vote for biggrin.gif

'cmon guys, keep it light... we'll have a look at the damage tomorrow biggrin.gif
ninefourteener
I think we need to have a HUGE 914 get-together.

HOOTERS.... yea..... definately HOOTERS. If Bush wins, the conservatives get to buy the beer and wings.

If Kerry wins, the liberals can buy.

How about we have the meeting in St. Louis? LMFAO

beerchug.gif
morph
We voted, from what I hear there will be record turn out. have some important measures here in Oregon this year reguarding gay marriage and Medical Marijuana. This decides what kind of world our children live in, so don't forget to vote, each one counts, as we learned from last year.

HIEDI
rhodyguy
Bush campaign confirms STICKERS too hard to get. The RNC has issued the following statement: "Rhodyguy (kevin powers) insists on using the USPS and requires the purchaser to address 2 envelopes. This archaic and cumbersome program has resulted in anxiety and frustration for those members unfamiliar with ball point pens, stamps, and the previously mentioned envelopes". President Bush stated, " My opponent seems to have no grasp of the importance of Paypal. My supporters are too busy checking new postings at 914world.com, while at work, to open a desk drawer and take out 2 envelopes". "If you elect me today, I will promise to focus all of the power, of all the governmental agencys, of the United States of America, to remedy this tiresome issue".
fiid
mmmmmmmmmmm. taxation without representation. yum.
Randal
I'm on my way to vote now.

But I must admit it’s a bit disheartening to see what is going on in Philadelphia.

Someone, or a lot of people need to get fired for this BS.
ninefourteener
Anyone seen the recent episode of South Park??

Basically, it was a representation of the election process, shown through a school election of a new school mascot.

One choice was a giant douch..... the other was a turd sandwich. wacko.gif

The moral of the story is that even if you're not completely happy with your choice of candidates, you must pick the lesser of 2 evils and express your right to vote.

It was quite entertaining... I recommend you watch it, it helped "lighten" my mood.
GaroldShaffer
Going to do the family Xmas picture, yes I said Xmas picture, then off to the polls. wavey.gif
SLITS
I have voted since I have been allowed to - this time barf.gif - I ain't gonna bitch either - they are just different sides of the same coin.
Joe Bob
Voted absentee last month....I moved from LA to get away from traffic and lines....don't wanna stand in line to vote.

Worth the .37 cents to mail it in.....

As to choices....who would be the turd and who would be the Douchebag?

monkeydance.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Nov 2 2004, 11:21 AM)
The moral of the story is that even if you're not completely happy with your choice of candidates, you must pick the lesser of 2 evils and express your right to vote.

It's a sad commentary if that's the only moral that Trey and Matt could pull from that story.

There are other options, for those so inclined. flag.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Root_Werks
My wife and I vote absentee. Already done for this election. We vote for every ballet sent to us, read up on the issue, people ect and vote. beerchug.gif
Rhodes71/914
I voted last week. I like the fact that here in oregon we can vote by mail. no waiting in line, and the ballot comes right to your mail box.

I think that Trey and Matt (south park) hit the nail right on the head with that episode.

I also have to say that hopefully this election goes a little smoother than 4 years ago and we don't have to wait 2 months to find out who our next pres. will be.

That's it from me. wavey.gif flag.gif

sr
Meredith
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 2 2004, 05:50 AM)
Don't vote for the guy with the cutest smile or the best one-liners

Oh...shoot...I guess I better go through my sample ballot again...

First time voting (obviously). I figured I should do it, otherwise, according to P. Diddy, I'll die.

Vote or Die, indeed.

Mer
ThinAir
Voted on the way to work this morning. No matter how disgusted I am with the candidates, I never miss an election. Even if I am picking between the lesser of several evils, someone is at least seemingly less evil. I just hope it doesn't end up in an electoral tie - tossing this thing to the Congress is my worst nightmare!
givemebeer.gif Thinking about the choices this year makes me feel like drinking.
Carl
Vote or Die, indeed.

Decisions, decisions. A small price to pay for living in the US of A!

smile.gif
type11969
Is P. Diddy himself responsible for killing the non-voters?
Aaron Cox
voted absentee.....
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Nov 2 2004, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Nov 2 2004, 11:21 AM)

It's a sad commentary if that's the only moral that Trey and Matt could pull from that story.

There are other options, for those so inclined. flag.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

It was a comical, light-hearted political satire.

I hardly think it swayed anyones political motivation--LOL

Nevertheless, I "believe" the way they portrayed it was with Kerry as the giant douch, and Bush was the turd sandwich..... even though the episode never actually said that..... thats just the impression I got.

It was funny.... everyone should try to catch it.. even if you're not a huge South Park fan biggrin.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 2 2004, 09:07 AM)
Is P. Diddy himself responsible for killing the non-voters?

Well, if you want to find out, don't step foot inside a voting booth. unsure.gif
SLITS
I've got my Kevlar underwear on - ar15.gif away!!!!!
type11969
I'm thinking that it could be pretty sweet for huge P. Diddy fans if he is responsible, since they probably would never meet him otherwise . . .
Rusty
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 2 2004, 12:10 PM)
I've got my Kevlar underwear on - ar15.gif away!!!!!

We don't want to know... and I refuse to let this thread become... all about your underwear, Slits. wacko.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(type11969 @ Nov 2 2004, 09:13 AM)
I'm thinking that it could be pretty sweet for huge P. Diddy fans if he is responsible, since they probably would never meet him otherwise . . .

Well, I kind of doubt that he'll go around killing off those who didn't vote. Just a hunch.
type11969
damn hollywood types not living up to their promises . . . who can you trust anymore?

I wonder if he will just have his henchmen do the dirty work? Wouldn't be nearly as cool as if P. Diddy was there.
Jenny
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Nov 2 2004, 09:28 AM)
Going to do the family Xmas picture, yes I said Xmas picture,  then off to the polls.  :wavey:

Hahaha! At first glance, I thought you said you were doing the family auto-X pictures. Man, I guess you know where my mind is today.

Will vote after work.

And since this thread has gotten way too political, here is a puppy pic. Snoopy is a proud father of 4 boys and 1 girl. The girl was delivered last night after we left, so you only see the 4 boys. Awww.... wub.gif

Jen
Meredith
QUOTE(Jenny @ Nov 2 2004, 09:22 AM)
And since this thread has gotten way too political, here is a puppy pic.

Wow, you're ahead of me this time, Jen! I was waiting until it got more angry, but puppy pictures are good ANY time! Are you going to bring home a friend/son/daughter for Snoopy?
Carl
Snoopy is a proud father of 4 boys and 1 girl.

Snoopy's a dad already? I didn't think he'd made it through puberty yet.
Jenny
biggrin.gif When we visited last night, there were only 4 boys. And about 3 hours since her last pup. The agreement Brian and I had was we could keep a girl. So as we're laying in bed last night, we were contemplating the idea of keeping a boy. This morning I get an email from mom's owner, and a fifth pup was popped out at 12:10 this morning! A girl!!! wub.gif I'm pretty sure she's the one we're taking home. I can't wait to meet her.
And, yes, she'd be Snoop's little girl.

Jen
bryanthompson
This will be my first presidential election vote, so I'm excited. I'm going in an hour.

In case you're wondering, I'm voting for the best guy for the job. biggrin.gif
Joshporsche
here's my take on the whole thing
Joshporsche
I'm not going to say who i'm voting for, but....
Meredith
That's so exciting, Jen!

And since people can't seem to understand that they shouldn't express candidate preferences, any and all puppy pictures are welcome yet again.

Or cats. Or cars. Or fish. Anything.
reverie
Why not vote for the real throw-back candidate - Hedy Lamarr.
tod914
High Anxiety?
SLITS
As you wish......................

IPB Image

Here fishy, fishy, fishy..............................,

IPB Image

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...............................................,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.