Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2013 - Southeast 914 Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mblizzard
Thanks John!

We all know that working on a 914 is a sure way to get a complete set of busted knuckles. Some attendees will receive a pair of Kong work gloves. These offer some serious protection while affording a very reasonable amount of dexterity. Register now to secure your spot and take advantage of some pretty good prizes.

Click to view attachment
dcecc1968
QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 22 2013, 08:30 AM) *

We are pleased to announce that John Forbes at Black Forest Racing will be sponsoring our trophies and supplying us with some 'unique' items to use as trophies smilie_pokal.gif . John is certainly a 914 expert...at any given time there are at least 20+ 914's at his shop...

John has also indicated that he plans to bring a very special 'barn find' 914 he recently acquired. You'll want to see this!!

I have seen John's 'barn find'. Unbelievable car. Have fun, I can't make it this year, maybe next.
naro914
Hi All,
Nadine and I did a scouting run of the Okteenerfest Route this weekend and had a BLAST!!

- If you like to drive, you NEED to be here in October.
- If you don't sign up, it's obvious to me you don't like to drive. Yes, I see it as that simple!

We stayed at The Lodge and talked to them about everything. They have the newest building reserved for us, so no concerns. We stayed in the 'old' building this weekend and it was perfect. Turns out, a PCA group from Jacksonville was there a couple weekends ago!

Anyway, I took more video and pictures and will post it up as I can along with more details.

Just a teaser... here's a picture of where we want to take a photo of all the 914's together.... around that loop near the Fontana Dam. Beautiful countryside...

Sign up and get your hotel reservations soon, the hotel has other events going on and will fill up quickly...

Click to view attachment
Vysoc
I am bummed to say I will not be able to attend, no one knows me but I wanted to pass on Petit LeMans and come to this great event.
Unfortunately my age and favorable play in the South Florida Section PGA Senior Championship has qualified me for the 2013 National Senior PGA Club Professional's Championship, October 10-13 in Aldie, Virginia.

Tail of the Dragon will have to wait for the completion of my next project, what I am calling my M471R. 76 914 converted to a 2.5 Flat six with flares, Engman Long Kit, McMark 1/2 Cage and lots of other goodies, I know it will be stiffer than a payday pecker but that is what I want so there you go.

I will monitor the event at the Tail and wish I was there, at the same tme if I play well I can finance alot of the project, so I am practicing my ass off!!!

Go OKTEEENERFEST 2013 flag.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
Mblizzard
Sorry you won't be able to attend. But playing in The PGA at any level is pretty cool.

But you will be missing some really great prizes! We have the support of a number of great sponsors like PMB and 914 Rubber.

If you want to have a great time driving with fellow 914s and score some great prizes please take the time to register today.
Mblizzard
Well it looks like we are gaining some support. In addition to PMB, Pelican Parts and 914 Rubber are now sponsoring the event! I will also have a set of Tim's sweet color gauges installed in my car for all to see.

Take a moment and register. You have the potential to walk away with a higher value of SWAG and door prizes than the event costs. Then you still get a great weekend of driving and 914 talk.
Mblizzard
The excellent Bruce Stone is providing one of his quality rebuilt pedal clusters as a prize. Bruce puts out quality items which most of us know.

Thanks Bruce!
naro914
Click to view attachment

Does this sign get you excited? piratenanner.gif

Then you HAVE to Join us...you will see more of this sign on this drive then you will ever see in a day of driving...

I'm finishing up a few videos and will post soon.

Mblizzard
That makes me hope I can get my front sway bar installed in time!

naro914
New video up at www.okteenerfest.com
This is what happens when I'm tired, had a few beers and wanted to try out some new features I found. (and I guess I piss off brant too...sorry brant)
Yes I'm going slow....this was a scouting trip for our Okteenerfest run and we were trying to get timing down. We thought if we drove the speed limit, it would more closely emulate a bunch of cars running together.

And no, we are not in a 914...our odometer doesn't work....

Sit back, dim the lights, turn on your lava lamp, grab a cold one and enjoy...
Mblizzard
Looks like we are picking up some speed for the event!

Restoration Design Inc. is on board and will be providing laser cut key fobs for attendees. I know there are Restoration Design floor panels in my cars future.

Rennen Metal is sending a care package of 914 parts! I can't wait to see this package my car can used just about every part they make.
Mblizzard
914 Central is supporting Okteenerfest by offering a discount to all attendees on any order placed through December!
Mblizzard
Shannon Palmer of Financial Concepts of Knoxville is supporting Okteenerfest with a donation and a financial review/planning session for attendees!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Aug 26 2013, 07:51 PM) *

I am bummed to say I will not be able to attend, no one knows me but I wanted to pass on Petit LeMans and come to this great event.
Unfortunately my age and favorable play in the South Florida Section PGA Senior Championship has qualified me for the 2013 National Senior PGA Club Professional's Championship, October 10-13 in Aldie, Virginia.

Tail of the Dragon will have to wait for the completion of my next project, what I am calling my M471R. 76 914 converted to a 2.5 Flat six with flares, Engman Long Kit, McMark 1/2 Cage and lots of other goodies, I know it will be stiffer than a payday pecker but that is what I want so there you go.

I will monitor the event at the Tail and wish I was there, at the same tme if I play well I can finance alot of the project, so I am practicing my ass off!!!

Go OKTEEENERFEST 2013 flag.gif

Vysoc flag.gif

Peter, that is really awesome! i know you just missed out on your try here in S.C. this summer, you were so close!! since the golf clubs fit in the trunk, just drive that 914 up to Virginia, i am sure it would make for some interesting conversations.
Phil.
billh1963
I'll be there. If all goes well will be driving this....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 3 2013, 12:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

WOW I would take that in a second! Don't leave your keys out or you may find that they wind up starting a blue 4 (or possibly almost any other 4 at the event).
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 3 2013, 04:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Very Cool! Like the aggressive stance! beerchug.gif
billh1963
Need to take it on a long shake down cruise between now and then. Also need to get new tires....
billh1963
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 3 2013, 04:34 PM) *

Very Cool! Like the aggressive stance! beerchug.gif

180lb springs with 21mm torsion bars
poorsche914
Bill,

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your 6 conversion. Glad you are making the trip to the Smokies.

steve

driving.gif
Mblizzard
Gauges By Tim has made a great offer for Okteenerfest attendees. If you order a set of customized gauges within 30-days of the event, you will receive a 30% discount. After 30-days you can still get a 15% discount.

Tim just did mine with an amazing turn around time. Can't wait to install them.
poorsche914
What a sweet deal! That discount pretty much pays the registration fee.

driving.gif
Mblizzard
We would like to welcome Brad Mayer and 914 Limited as a double sponsor. Brad is making a donation and is sending along a care package for the event.

This is getting really interesting!
billh1963
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 4 2013, 09:49 AM) *

Gauges By Tim has made a great offer for Okteenerfest attendees. If you order a set of customized gauges within 30-days of the event, you will receive a 30% discount. After 30-days you can still get a 15% discount.

I am probably showing my ignorance but does Tim have a website?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 4 2013, 04:39 PM) *

No not yet as he is just getting going but look at the video in post 64 at http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...13685&st=40

PM me your email and I can send you a flyer.
billh1963
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 4 2013, 08:53 PM) *

No not yet as he is just getting going but look at the video in post 64 at http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...13685&st=40

I remember these now....thank you for refreshing my memory!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 4 2013, 05:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 4 2013, 08:53 PM) *

I remember these now....thank you for refreshing my memory!

Here is the flyer.

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
For all you procrastinators out there... the hotel is filling up quickly. There are a couple other events going on that weekend so don't wait to book your room.

HOST HOTEL: the Lodge at Valley View

Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-292-4844
Local Calls: 865-448-2237

Okteenerfest Room Rate: $75/night plus taxes (14.25%) = just under $85.70/night
Be sure to tell them you are with the Porsche 914 group.

driving.gif
I just confirmed my room!!! She said there were probably only a couple of rooms left for Fri night... w00t.gif

Can't wait!! Thanks to all the Organizers Sponsors and Donators that are making this Event happen!

Must. Have. This.
Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Sep 5 2013, 10:35 AM) *

I just confirmed my room!!! She said there were probably only a couple of rooms left for Fri night... w00t.gif

I reserved my room Tuesday and was told I got the last one. Good to know they have more available!
Mblizzard
I would like to thank Joe O'Brien of Series 9 in FL (http://www.914rs.com) for supporting us with some really cool shirts. We all get "Series 9" but think of how many other people won't have a clue.
Mblizzard
Just another little update. For those of you coming in from out of state, we are in the process of identifying some quality repair shops. While we all know the proven dependability of the 914 and while it is unlikely to be a concern, but we thought that having a list might helpful on that rare occasion when a problem occurs in a 914!

We are trying to find someone who will be available on Saturday just incase the Friday drive results in the need for repairs.

We will keep you posted.
trojanhorsepower
I got my room!

Have we worked out electronic payment for the event yet?
poorsche914
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Sep 5 2013, 06:57 PM) *

I got my room!

Have we worked out electronic payment for the event yet?

For those who would rather pay online, please PM Bob Saville (naro914) for info.

driving.gif
Mblizzard
There may be the possibility that something like this may be available at an additional substantial discount or as prize for some lucky attendee.

Click to view attachment

Who would not want these and that mileage in their car? Oh and they do that whole color light thing too?

Time to get your registration in!
poorsche914
The Lodge at Valley View is booked full sad.gif

I talked to the Highland Manor Inn next door and they currently have some rooms available. The rate is a bit higher but not too bad.

Highland Manor Inn
TOLL FREE: 800.213.9462
LOCAL: 865.448.2211

Or do a search for Townsend lodging and select the lodging of your choice. There are bed and breakfasts and cabins in addition to other motels.

driving.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 8 2013, 06:16 PM) *

There may be the possibility that something like this may be available at an additional substantial discount or as prize for some lucky attendee.

Click to view attachment

Who would not want these and that mileage in their car? Oh and they do that whole color light thing too?

Time to get your registration in!

I can now confirm that Tim will be providing a set of silver dot gauges with his custom color lights installed as a prize for the event! A huge thanks to Tim as these represent a significant amount of work. The value of this prize is huge as you get the gauges and the custom lights.

Anyone else want to walk away with that prize?

Tim is also sending a second set of gauges that will serve as a demo that will be available for purchase at the Okteenerfest discount price. These will be reconditioned and in working order but will require an exchange of your current gauges.
poorsche914
Checked the Okteenerfest web site stats and was amazed to see over 150 unique visitors to the site today (has been averaging just under 50 per day). Visitors from all across the Southeast and beyond including TN, GA, AL, FL, NC, SC, VA, PA, MA, OH, MO, IL, KS, TX, AZ and CA. Even had visits from Canada, Mexico, Belgium, Spain and several from Germany. blink.gif What's it gonna take to get these visitors to register? headbang.gif

Called the host hotel and found out how many rooms are booked for Okteenerfest. Seems some of you have booked your rooms but haven't yet registered. C'mon! Register already happy11.gif

With the host hotel booked, alternate accommodations will have to be used. Here are a few that are close to the event. Sorry, I have no idea if they have rooms available or what pricing is:

Highland Manor Inn (next door to Valley View)
7766 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend
Phone: (865) 448-2211 or (800) 213-9462

Best Western Cades Cove Inn (used to be Econolodge)
7824 East Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend
Phone: (865) 448-9000 or (800) 348-7090

Riverstone Lodge
8511 State Highway 73, Townsend, TN 37882
(800) 854-7358 for availability and price

Dock's Motel & Cabins
8219 State Highway 73, Townsend, TN 37882
Phone 865.448.2234

Hope this helps all those who are planning to attend but have not yet booked a room.

Four more weeks aktion035.gif

driving.gif
Mblizzard
Also for those of you that are still thinking about it, Pelican Parts is going to feature Okteenerfest as the lead in their next email news letter on Friday. Not sure how much additional interest it will generate but it certainly may result in an additional surge on the available hotels.

I slept in, and I use the word loosely, a 914 once and I sure would never try it again!
hot_shoe914
Well, I was out due to several reasons, but, the main reason I was out just vanished so there is a slight chance I will be back in. I need to check a few things before I decide though, but going to see if there is any way possible I can make it now.

Shoe
naro914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 11 2013, 12:09 AM) *

Well, I was out due to several reasons, but, the main reason I was out just vanished so there is a slight chance I will be back in. I need to check a few things before I decide though, but going to see if there is any way possible I can make it now.

Shoe

Shoe
It would be great to have you! beerchug.gif
BIGKAT_83
Just signed up....didn't see any of the Atlanta folks on the list. I guess I'm the only one with a running car. poke.gif poke.gif

Bob
carr914
You Guys are doing a Great Job! thumb3d.gif - Keep up the Great Work so I can join in in '14 with a running carr
poorsche914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 11 2013, 07:36 PM) *
You Guys are doing a Great Job! thumb3d.gif - Keep up the Great Work so I can join in in '14 with a running carr

Thanks, TC. Would love to see a bunch of you Gulf Coast teeners (and other Florida guys) up here in the mountains.

I used to live in Clearwater many, many years ago. Cruising the beaches in the 914 was fun but I prefer the mountain roads up here aktion035.gif

driving.gif
naro914
Bob (BIGKAT 83)
Do you have a way of contacting Lewis Broyles and Grady Goodwin? Would be great to have them up here. I thought I had a good email for Lewis but it bounced. sad.gif
JFJ914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 12 2013, 09:29 AM) *

Bob (BIGKAT 83)
Do you have a way of contacting Lewis Broyles and Grady Goodwin? Would be great to have them up here. I thought I had a good email for Lewis but it bounced. sad.gif

Check your email for the addresses.

I can't make it this year.
blitZ
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 11 2013, 05:31 PM) *

Just signed up....didn't see any of the Atlanta folks on the list. I guess I'm the only one with a running car. poke.gif poke.gif

Bob

Someone was going to help me with my cable shifter, but blew me off. poke.gif
poorsche914
Check out all the fantastic sponsors that are helping to make Okteenerfest the best event possible.

Mike is still hard at work negotiating with others so it is bound to get better and better. aktion035.gif

All I can say is, the door prizes and other goodies are truly amazing! Thanks to all who have so generously donated to the cause. cheer.gif

driving.gif
poorsche914
Had a couple more sign up today. It's not too late to join us on Der Nebelbergring on Friday, car show, driving and banquet on Saturday, and autocross on Sunday.

Can't make it all three days? No worries... join us at any time. Register online and then let us know when you expect to join in the fun.

driving.gif
naro914
There are just about 3 weeks until Okteenerfest. If you are planning to sign up, PLEASE DO SO NOW!! We need to start getting counts for Tshirts, food, trophies, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.