Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2013 - Southeast 914 Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mblizzard
Still another bonus! Garold Shaffer has offered up one of Moms famous service covers as a door prize! This is a prize that I want!

Even if you can only come for a while go ahead and register. If we can get 50 we may be able to squeeze some additional support from a potential vendor. I would love to see that happen!

Given the level of support provided by some really great vendors most will walk away with more than their money back in prizes and discounts. Combine that with some truly epic drives and you can't lose!
Mblizzard
Double post!
bulitt
Wow! You guys have done a great job with this event. 29 and counting!!! Maybe next year for me!
Might want to ask for your live event loader several days ahead so its ready to go.
Mblizzard
Chris Foley of Tangerine Racing is providing a few of his exceptional products for the event. Chris is providing:

A 914 Grill Spatula - Sweet! Enough said.

A firewall spherical bearing for your shift rod. Works with tail or side shift. A massive improvement in bearing quality over the stock plastic which means better shifting.

Rear wheel hub centering rings. Eliminate rear wheel vibration and never have to fight putting the rear wheels on again because the rings hold the wheels perfectly!

Any one of these as a prize would make a nice addition to most anyone's car.

We have received some amazing support for this event. If you have to rearrange your schedule to make the event, then make it happen. It will be worth it!

ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 17 2013, 10:12 AM) *

A firewall spherical bearing for your shift rod. Works with tail or side shift. A massive improvement in bearing quality over the stock plastic which means better shifting.

One minor correction - it is for side shift trans linkage but it also fits on the early firewall that came with the tailshift trans. No conversion bushing needed.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 17 2013, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 17 2013, 10:12 AM) *

One minor correction - it is for side shift trans linkage but it also fits on the early firewall that came with the tailshift trans. No conversion bushing needed.

Easy to tell who the expert is in this conversation. Just to be clear, it's not me! Thanks Chris for the details.
Mblizzard
We would like to thank Dave at Maddogs Motor Sports for providing some amazing items!

Dave is hooking us up with a 914 rear boxed arm stiffening kit, 914 front sway bar stiffening kit, and a 914 rear sway bar braket kit for early cars.

I wish I could have those on my car for the run up the Dragon!
shadygrady
Bob, thanks for notifying Lewis and I. We are signed up and ready to go. Too late for the event motel, but we have rooms 20 miles away now. just more driving the 914's. Even talked the wives into coming with us. Will there be room at the event hotel for me to park my truck and trailer?

Grady
JawjaPorsche
Just signed up! The boss lady is letting me out of the house! beerchug.gif
naro914
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Sep 22 2013, 07:05 PM) *

Bob, thanks for notifying Lewis and I. We are signed up and ready to go. Too late for the event motel, but we have rooms 20 miles away now. just more driving the 914's. Even talked the wives into coming with us. Will there be room at the event hotel for me to park my truck and trailer?

Grady

Hey Grady
Great!! I'm sure we can find room for you T&T.
No rooms at places closer?
poorsche914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 22 2013, 08:30 PM) *

Terry, glad to see you will make it after all. aktion035.gif

driving.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 22 2013, 10:13 PM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 22 2013, 08:30 PM) *

Terry, glad to see you will make it after all. aktion035.gif

driving.gif

Steve

I could not let you have all the fun!

I will be coming Friday afternoon. There will be enough twistes coming up and coming home!

Just made reservations at Highland Manor Inn which is next to headquarters. They still have openings as of Monday morning, September 23

Their phone number is 888.750.1090

Terry
naro914
Hi all
I should be getting out a schedule in the next day or so, I will post here, email to the registrants, and post on the Okteenerfest website

Also...sorry for the payment reminder to those that just signed up. I hadn't used the reminder feature on the registration system yet and thought it might allow me to pick and chose who to send to...nope. Sent to everyone that hasn't paid yet! Oh well....live and learn!

EDIT: Just saw what the reminder said...very impersonal sad.gif ...I'll change that!
poorsche914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 23 2013, 09:19 AM) *
I will be coming Friday afternoon. There will be enough twistes coming up and coming home!

Terry

Depending on when you can get away, maybe you could meet up with us around Robbinsville as we head toward Cherokee after lunch. confused24.gif

driving.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 23 2013, 11:45 PM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 23 2013, 09:19 AM) *

Terry

Depending on when you can get away, maybe you could meet up with us around Robbinsville as we head toward Cherokee after lunch. confused24.gif

driving.gif

Thanks for the invite but my schedule on Friday is kinda full so I don't know when I will be able to leave Clayton. Definitely will be there Friday evening.
shadygrady
piratenanner.gif More rooms opened up at HQ. so now Lewis and I have rooms there.
naro914
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Sep 24 2013, 11:34 AM) *

piratenanner.gif More rooms opened up at HQ. so now Lewis and I have rooms there.

Sweet!!
naro914
Schedule of Events is now posted on the Okteenerfest site with times....

Schedule of Events

Thursday, Oct. 10

4:00 pm: Event Check-In Opens - mingle with other Porsche 914 addicts. Snacks and soft drinks will be provided.
7:00 pm: Check-In Closes

Friday, Oct. 11

8:45 am: Drivers Meeting - be sure to have your car gassed up by now!
9:14 am: First car off for All Day Drive - encircling the Smoky Mountains. Dubbed "der Nebelbergring" and including Foothills Parkway, the Dragon, a section of Moonshiner 28, Great Smoky Mtn. Expressway, Great Smoky Mtn National Park, Little River Road; group photo at Fontana Dam;
10:30 am (approx): arrive at Photo Shoot area At the base of Fontana Dam for a cool 914 photo shoot
12:15 pm (approx): Arrive in Robbinsville, NC for lunch break Map will be provided with all the local food fare.
1:45 pm: Leave "After Lunch Meeting Spot" Location will be on Robbinsville Map provided
4:45 pm (approx): Arrive back at Valley View Lodge
6:30 pm: "BYOBier und Brats" - evening meal back at the hotel. Wind down and relax after the daylong drive with a cold brew (bring your own adult beverage of choice) and grilled brats, sauerkraut, and other goodies. Weather permitting, there will be a fire to ward of the chill night air as well as a special video on the huge outdoor screen. POSSIBLE TECH QUIZ TOO!

Saturday, Oct. 12

9:14 am: "Show-n-Shine" Car Show - to be judged by attendees; Awards given at banquet.
11:30 am: Car Show voting Ends
Lunch - on your own for lunch.
Free Afternoon - do as you wish - we will have several drives mapped out. Run the Dragon again; shop in Gatlinburg; visit Cades Cove. Your choice.
6:30 pm: Banquet with Awards and Door Prizes - outdoor gathering (weather permitting) with grilled burgers and ???. Fire and video for your entertainment. BYOB.

Sunday, Oct. 13

Time TBD: Autocross - held at Splash Country in Pigeon Forge (about a 30 minute scenic drive with one very fun curvy section), we will be sharing the course with the local PCA region so there will be other Porsche models besides the 914s being run. There will be separate Okteenerfest awards for our group. A separate fee for this event will be announced as soon as we know what it will be. Most likely in the $25-35 range.

billh1963
Any issues for those who may check in later than 7:00?
naro914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 24 2013, 02:50 PM) *

50 lashes... smile.gif

No, you'll just have to find either me or Steve. We just don't want to have to be tied to a table all night...

Here's a little twist on things: Our wonderful sponsors have provided us with all kinds of great stuff. The really expensive stuff (that Michael has been posting on this thread) will be given away during the Saturday dinner...but in order to 'Encourage' everyone to get there a bit early, all the other cool things will be given away as FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE - your choice - when you check in. Everyone will get something, but the earlier you check in, the better choices you will get...

So, do what you can to get there as early as possible... I know some of you just can't get there early, we got you covered...
billh1963
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 24 2013, 03:06 PM) *

50 lashes... smile.gif

No, you'll just have to find either me or Steve. We just don't want to have to be tied to a table all night...

Here's a little twist on things: Our wonderful sponsors have provided us with all kinds of great stuff. The really expensive stuff (that Michael has been posting on this thread) will be given away during the Saturday dinner...but in order to 'Encourage' everyone to get there a bit early, all the other cool things will be given away as FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE - your choice - when you check in. Everyone will get something, but the earlier you check in, the better choices you will get...

So, do what you can to get there as early as possible... I know some of you just can't get there early, we got you covered...

Some of us have a much longer drive than others. Naturally, that should be considered in the prize allocation biggrin.gif
JawjaPorsche

50 lashes... smile.gif

I will not be able to get there until dinner on Friday so I guess you see me then! beerchug.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 24 2013, 11:43 AM) *

50 lashes... smile.gif

Some of us have a much longer drive than others. Naturally, that should be considered in the prize allocation biggrin.gif

Yes Bob will consider that and allocate you 60 lashes! I think that there will still be some cool stuff left for the latter ones cause I got a huge box of things in my kitchen for give away that my wife says has to go!

Really looking forward to this!

trojanhorsepower
Hugh and I will be another group of Friday afternoon check ins. we will be there by 6:30!
poorsche914
Got a package from Maddogs Motorsports today piratenanner.gif

Anybody have a use for this stuff confused24.gif
914 Rear Boxed Arm Stiffening Kit
914 Front Sway Bar Mount Stiffening Kit
914 Rear Sway Bar Bracket Kit - early

driving.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 24 2013, 03:00 PM) *

driving.gif

I will take them!

I checked out Maddogs stuff and it is top quality!
hot_shoe914
You guys are killing me here. sad.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 24 2013, 09:10 PM) *

Thought you were coming over? confused24.gif

I've been getting the car ready.....

All fluids changed several weeks ago. Engine resealed as well.

New tires mounted yesterday

Going to adjust brakes this weekend (venting clearance and emergency brake)

Checking all lines, hoses, wires for cracks, loose connections, etc.

Lets hope for no rain. This car has no heat/defrost!
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 24 2013, 03:00 PM) *

driving.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 24 2013, 08:23 PM) *

Betsy has heat and defrost. I figure the only thing I need to do to her is a fresh oil change since she just did a 3000 mile journey and have a new windshield installed. Sadly, I have many things I need to be doing and really shouldn't make this trip. I want to go really bad but still keep telling myself to stay home. I guess I will be a last minute decision if I go. idea.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 24 2013, 05:49 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 24 2013, 08:23 PM) *

Betsy has heat and defrost. I figure the only thing I need to do to her is a fresh oil change since she just did a 3000 mile journey and have a new windshield installed. Sadly, I have many things I need to be doing and really shouldn't make this trip. I want to go really bad but still keep telling myself to stay home. I guess I will be a last minute decision if I go. idea.gif

We have all been there. We all should put family first, period. But as we move through life it becomes more apparent that some of the things we felt we had to do were just noise. As we look back on our life's I doubt anyone thinks that they wished they had cleaned the house more or done more laundry. But we all would look back with a evil grin and remember driving the hell out of our cars in October.

"Audaces fortuna iuvat (latin)- Fortune favors the bold.”

I have more excuses than I can tell anyone but unless I can't walk and drive, I will be there.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 24 2013, 10:09 PM) *
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 24 2013, 05:49 PM) *
Betsy has heat and defrost. ... I want to go really bad but still keep telling myself to stay home. I guess I will be a last minute decision if I go. idea.gif
... We all should put family first, period. ...

Hey, Mike... Betsy IS Don's family happy11.gif

driving.gif
naro914
Don
I will personally consider it an honor to have you there.
Actually, I consider it an honor to have spent 4 years serving as the PCA zone 3 rep and to be able to be a part of putting on an event for the benefit of my fellow 914 owners. We planned this to be a fun, laid back, no pressure weekend that we can go out and enjoy our wonderful little cars like they were meant to be enjoyed. Hopefully, we will end up fulfilling that goal and we'll all look back after it saying we had a lot of fun.

And if you're not there....well....all I can say is that those of us that are there will probably rub it in a bit. smile.gif
poorsche914
Good news for anyone wanting to come to Okteenerfest but could not find a nearby room...

The host hotel just had SEVEN ROOMS open up. Act fast before they fill up again.

HOST HOTEL: the Lodge at Valley View
Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-292-4844
Local Calls: 865-448-2237
Okteenerfest Room Rate: $75/night plus taxes (14.25%) = just under $85.70/night
Be sure to tell them you are with the Porsche 914 group.

driving.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 25 2013, 01:33 PM) *

Good news for anyone wanting to come to Okteenerfest but could not find a nearby room...

The host hotel just had SEVEN ROOMS open up. Act fast before they fill up again.

HOST HOTEL: the Lodge at Valley View
Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-292-4844
Local Calls: 865-448-2237
Okteenerfest Room Rate: $75/night plus taxes (14.25%) = just under $85.70/night
Be sure to tell them you are with the Porsche 914 group.

driving.gif

That is awesome Steve! Just called and made reservations! Just save enough money to pay for the gas round trip! I like saving money!
BIGKAT_83
Just made my reservation. Guess I can stop working on my motorhome now.

Bob

d914
I'll be there,,,as usual my car is on jack stands, so '87 corvette convert and pics of the other car!!!!
Mblizzard
A little photo of the great hookup of stuff from Chris at Tangerine Racing!

Click to view attachment
carr914
This looks really cool & I wish I could be there! You Fuchers better do just as good a job next year, so I can pick up some cool swag!
shadygrady
J
QUOTE(d914 @ Sep 25 2013, 01:52 PM) *

I'll be there,,,as usual my car is on jack stands, so '87 corvette convert and pics of the other car!!!!

Greg, bring the "new" GTO. I've never been in one.
shadygrady
While searching for my t shirts from previous rally's I found a new brown carpet set that I won at Rocket City Ramble. Anyone have a black one to trade? I will bring it with me.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Sep 26 2013, 09:45 AM) *

J

Better yet! bring the new blonde......,.
SGB
This was going to be my return to the teener fold. Now I am waiting for rear wheel bearings....
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 26 2013, 06:47 PM) *

This was going to be my return to the teener fold. Now I am waiting for rear wheel bearings....

Your local FLAPS should have them. I got mine at NAPA.
JFJ914

Scott, when did you fix it? Looks good!
naro914
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Sep 26 2013, 08:08 PM) *

Scott, when did you fix it? Looks good!

Agree!! Looks great!!
Get those bearings NOW!! cheer.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 26 2013, 02:47 PM) *

Heck I just left Huntsville! Would have loved to see that car! Get it fixed and drive it wat too cool to be stopped by wheel bearings
billh1963
You have two weeks to get those bearings fixed! That's enough time for some people to rebuild a whole 914!
d914
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 26 2013, 04:55 PM) *

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Sep 26 2013, 09:45 AM) *

J

Better yet! bring the new blonde......,.

Maybe both,,,,, the gto in the auto cross could be a handful!!!
poorsche914
Add a deposit box console from 914 Appearance & Performance to the stash of goodies drooley.gif

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.