Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2013 - Southeast 914 Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mblizzard
I just opened the gauges Tim did for Ockteenerfest. I sent him a set that had seen some hard days! OK to be honest they were crap! Tim did a full restore on these because they are a prize. But if you have some gauges that need a little work, ask him about the extra full restore when he does your lights.

Ok who wants to win this?

Click to view attachment
timothy_nd28
Considering that they kinda looked like these at the beginning, I think they turned out pretty good
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Fantastic job, Tim! piratenanner.gif

driving.gif
Mblizzard
Needless to say the picture right out of the box hardly does them justice. I will get a better one.

Like I said, I sent Tim crap and got back gold! When I threatened to put them in my car, my wife told me that she would bust me unless she got to keep the Tangerine Racing spatula! It is odd how FedEx can lose things even after they are delivered..... confused24.gif
poorsche914
Yeah... I seem to have misplaced the Porsche Design Sunglasses shades.gif

driving.gif
poorsche914
It is not too late to register for this event. We now have 45 registrants with 27 drivable 914s coming from TN, GA, NC, SC, AL, and IN. cheer.gif

driving.gif
poorsche914
Hey, Admins....

Could we get a Picture Thread with Live Upload set up for Okteenerfest please shades.gif

Thank you so much!

driving.gif
shadygrady
Took the 914 for a drive yesterday. Took a long time to warm up, but was a fun trip with 7 yr old grandson until gen red light came on. Oops. Turned out to be a blown fuse. Whew. This week will be spent cleaning it up and packing. Had to agree to a week of golfing the week before in TN to get the wife to come. Look out Fairfield Glade. I am sometimes wild off the tee.
d914
Grady you are always wild!!!!!!

Is there a prize for showing up to the most 914 events without actually driving one????
Jack stands again!!!!!!!!!!
shadygrady
QUOTE(d914 @ Sep 29 2013, 06:22 AM) *

Grady you are always wild!!!!!!

Is there a prize for showing up to the most 914 events without actually driving one????
Jack stands again!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have a set of rusty jack stands we can engrave for Greg? poke.gif
naro914
If you're planning to register PLEASE DO SO NOW!! We need to finalize our T-shirt and food count this week. Registrations after Tuesday October 1 will not get a shirt..so, if you'd like a cool, one-of-a-kind T-shirt to commemorate that YOU WERE THERE for the 1st Annual Okteenerfest, get registered NOW.

Who knows? One day it could be a collectors item worth millions!!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 29 2013, 05:08 PM) *

If you're planning to register PLEASE DO SO NOW!! We need to finalize our T-shirt and food count this week. Registrations after Tuesday October 1 will not get a shirt..so, if you'd like a cool, one-of-a-kind T-shirt to commemorate that YOU WERE THERE for the 1st Annual Okteenerfest, get registered NOW.

Mblizzard
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 29 2013, 05:13 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 29 2013, 05:08 PM) *

That is good! Really good! Nicely done. Saw it coming but superior execution I must say.
JawjaPorsche
Saw the 2013 Okteenerfest shirts on Facebook. They look awesome! Teener is in my favorite color too! T-shirt color is great too! Hides grease! beerchug.gif
Mblizzard
Great job on the shirt Steve!

We have received some really amazing support on this event. We have sponsors that have stepped up and provided some amazing items and have shown their commitment to the 914. I will be posting a summary of the items available as prizes soon, but if you are even just thinking about signing up please do so! There are a number of items that are valued at $100 or more and a few at $350+. Any of these could make the trip worthwhile. All of the story telling, food, driving, and good times will be a bonus!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Oct 1 2013, 09:52 AM) *
Great job on the shirt Steve!

Thanks, Mike.

For the observant, you will have noticed a couple sponsors are not shown. Still working on those logos so rest assured ALL sponsors will be featured.

driving.gif
DRPHIL914
Is it possible to get a shirt without coming? I was making some late plans to get there and then this government shutdown thing came up. Since I am on staff at a military facility, at least I am working but I cannot take leave, and now even if it was resolved tonight I wold probably not be able to get that time off now. So how about a shirt? wink.gif

Phil
naro914
Thought I would throw a couple pictures up to get people excited!!

One Week piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
naro914
Car show parking area with movie screen

naro914
Beautiful!!
naro914
driving-girl.gif

Mblizzard
Got in the 2nd set of gauges from Tim that will be available at Okteenerfest. Very nice complete restore done one these along with Tim's custom lights. If you don't happen to win the other set these will be available for purchase at the discount price.

Check the colors!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Peoples Choice car show awards...

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 4 2013, 07:22 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Sweet! Really nice. Too bad my car won't be getting one of those.
timothy_nd28
What, there's no car with the most advanced timing award? biggrin.gif
Nürburg Nomad
This looks like a great event! If only my 914 were running better I would come... perhaps next year!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 4 2013, 11:22 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Damn Steve, you have outdone yourself! Awesome! beerchug.gif
Haudiosolutions
Steve, you guys have really put together a great looking event. I've been pulled in so many directions over the past few months to pay too much attention. I'm psyched about the coming weekend and it's not just because I'm off call. smilie_pokal.gif
shadygrady
Some friends of ours posted on Facebook that yesterday they had to make a detour somewhere near Pigeon Forge because of the government shut down. Anyone know if it will affect our ride Friday?
vielspass
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 9 2013, 11:13 AM) *

Okteenerfest 2013 will be based in Townsend, TN aka “the peaceful side of the Smokies”.

HOST HOTEL: the Lodge at Valley View
Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-292-4844
Local Calls: 865-448-2237
Okteenerfest Room Rate: $75/night plus taxes (14.25%) = just under $85.70/night
Be sure to tell them you are with the Porsche 914 group.

Web site is now open to the public at www.okteenerfest.com

REGISTER HERE Registration fee is $70 which includes event t-shirt, Friday night meal, Saturday night awards banquet, door prize(s) and goodie bag.
Sunday's Autocross is optional with price to be announced. Will most likely be in the $25-35 range. This will be collected at the event.

This is a BYOB event. Soft drinks, water, coffee and tea will be provided throughout the weekend so you won't go thirsty. Feel free to bring the adult beverages of your choice for use at the evening gatherings. Please, no alcohol on the drives!

"If you find WCR, RRC, MUSR, ECC, TR and many other 914 events are simply too far away to attend, then chances are you live in the Southeast."

It was that observation (and a conversation with Doug aka dlee6204) that lead to last fall's Day Drive in the Smokies. In fact, for a few months before that, Bob Saville and I had talked about the need for a Southeast-based 914 gathering. You could say the Day Drive was a "test run" for the annual event to come. Bob coined the term "Okteenerfest" (see this thread) and we have both committed to making this event happen.

Announcing...
Click to view attachment

Since the 914 was built to handle, the main emphasis of Okteenerfest will be driving (we do have some awfully nice roads around here happy11.gif ). To keep it fresh, we plan to rotate the event among several different locales in the Smoky Mountain area encompassing an area from the Dragon in TN, east to Asheville, NC, and as far south as Helen, GA.

Each year we will "honor" a specific year and/or type of 914 i.e. 1.7 cars, race cars, LE cars, big bumper cars, etc to help illustrate the particular traits of that group of 914s. Depending on venue, there could also be an autocross, car show, tech session, etc

So watch this space for details as they become available and make plans to attend. Your 914 will love you for it driving.gif wub.gif

If you would like to help organize this event, please contact me via PM. The more the merrier!

Steve
driving.gif

Hi. Unfortunately that is our thanksgiving weekend in canada. Does anyone know if there is anything happening closer to ontario canada and on a different date? Thanks
poorsche914
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 6 2013, 10:30 PM) *
Some friends of ours posted on Facebook that yesterday they had to make a detour somewhere near Pigeon Forge because of the government shut down. Anyone know if it will affect our ride Friday?

We have been diligently working on alternate routes due to the gov. shutdown.

Three of the eight stages of der Nebelbergring route are currently closed dry.gif

We have found an alternate route to get us from Townsend to the beginning of the Dragon. We will continue as planned with the drive on the Dragon, a photoshoot at Fontana Dam, a drive along a portion of Moonshiner 28, and lunch in Robbinsville. From there, we begin a revised route and will head to the Cherohala Skyway. At the west end near Tellico, we will take a road-less-travelled route to Vonore and then back to Townsend.

Still a great drive just not the one originally planned. headbang.gif

driving.gif
naro914
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 6 2013, 10:30 PM) *

As Steven posted...yes big time!!

Steven and I spent a weekend up there scouting out the routes, then Nadine and I spent another weekend running them to get all the details to have very accurate and precise route instructions. I then spent 4 days putting the route instructions together on paper with all those details...And if the damn government stays shut down, almost EVERY bit of all that work is trashed!! headbang.gif

So, now at the last minute with a million other things to do before this weekend, I'm having to rely on Google Maps to come up with all new routes for "Plan B". And while not nearly as detailed with route markers and scenic information, luckily there are tons of wonderful driving roads up there so our drive will still be GREAT !!

Hopefully I'll get it all done by Thursday!! sad.gif

Either way...looking forward to seeing everyone and it's going to be a GREAT weekend!!
hot_shoe914
I really wanted to make this but it just isn't in the cards for me this year. Sadly, I will be home in the city while you guys are out having the time of your life. Good luck and safe travels to you all.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
** federal workers have been orders back ti work - so I guess you guys should have access to these roads on federal property this weekend!!!
shadygrady
I really appreciated all the effort You all put into route planning so should I buy a big set of bolt cutters? I figured this would be like the WW2 monument. smile.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 7 2013, 01:01 PM) *

I really appreciated all the effort You all put into route planning so should I buy a big set of bolt cutters? I figured this would be like the WW2 monument. smile.gif

BREAKING NEWS! Rowdy Okteenerfest drivers arrested, cars impounded, film at 11!!! biggrin.gif
1 of the 319 Dragon Curves..
Click to view attachment

Cherohala Skyway Dreaming...
Click to view attachment

and you don't see many pics shot from the inside of this curve?
Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Pumped! Car getting hot problem solved. Button up a few last items and it is on to Okteenerfest!

Change oil.

Set rear brake clearances.

Clean and detail.

Drive it! driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 7 2013, 10:14 AM) *
** federal workers have been orders back ti work - so I guess you guys should have access to these roads on federal property this weekend!!!

That would be fantastic news if it puts the park personnel back to work. Only news I can find refers to civilian defense workers. sad.gif

driving.gif
shadygrady
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Oct 7 2013, 10:04 AM) *

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 7 2013, 01:01 PM) *

BREAKING NEWS! Rowdy Okteenerfest drivers arrested, cars impounded, film at 11!!! biggrin.gif

That is really funny. Good job.
poorsche914
ADMINS - can we please have a live uploader set up for Okteenerfest? shades.gif

Danke
driving.gif
timothy_nd28
agree.gif
Mikey914
Just sent off a care package should be something for everyone. biggrin.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Oct 7 2013, 02:48 PM) *

Pumped! Car getting hot problem solved. Button up a few last items and it is on to Okteenerfest!

Change oil.

Set rear brake clearances.

Clean and detail.

Drive it! driving.gif

OK so I decided to take my car back to Robert at Eurohaus Motor Sports for a final look over and to attend to these items. If you ever get as stuck as I was. Robert is the guy to take your ailing 914 to in Knoxville. Hands down great guy and smart as hell!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 7 2013, 05:00 PM) *

Just sent off a care package should be something for everyone. biggrin.gif

Thanks Mark! I will make sure everyone gets something. Unless it is really good stuff. Wait, all your stuff is really good. Looks like there's another package that may be lost!

Seriously can't thank you and all of our vendors for their support.
poorsche914
I've had reports from my neighbors of some guy in a little blue Fiat or something hanging around my house. Funny thing is, as soon as a delivery truck shows up, the car streaks by and is gone. confused24.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 7 2013, 06:31 PM) *

I've had reports from my neighbors of some guy in a little blue Fiat or something hanging around my house. Funny thing is, as soon as a delivery truck shows up, the car streaks by and is gone. confused24.gif

Funny you think they would be able to recognize a Porsche by now! Thing is you have to make a lot of trips in a Porsche or rather a Fiat if anything comes up missing. Just thinking out loud not that I would have any experience with that or anything. shades.gif

Looking forward to seeing you and Pam this weekend!
shadygrady
hissyfit.gif
Just realized that Townsend is on eastern time and not central like Crossville. That means it will take an extra hour to get there Friday morning. That's bad news for a late riser like me, but I will manage. Alarm set for 4am CDT. sad.gif
Please have patience with old Grumpy in the morning and have a cup of strong coffee waiting for me.
naro914
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 8 2013, 10:28 AM) *

hissyfit.gif
Just realized that Townsend is on eastern time and not central like Crossville. That means it will take an extra hour to get there Friday morning. That's bad news for a late riser like me, but I will manage. Alarm set for 4am CDT. sad.gif
Please have patience with old Grumpy in the morning and have a cup of strong coffee waiting for me.

Well, you could come Thursday night.... shades.gif

For those coming Friday morning, please be there early enough to get you registered, sign waivers, etc. Drivers meeting at 8:45 sharp so please be there before 8:30
shadygrady
QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 8 2013, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 8 2013, 10:28 AM) *

hissyfit.gif

Well, you could come Thursday night.... shades.gif

For those coming Friday morning, please be there early enough to get you registered, sign waivers, etc. Drivers meeting at 8:45 sharp so please be there before 8:30

Got to play golf here Thursday afternoon with boss. Room here is paid for whole week. And you know how cheap 914 owners are. smile.gif we plan to be there by 7:30.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.