Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2013 - Southeast 914 Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
d914
just got some pictures extreme photos,,, seems a vette slipped into the group,,,,,, bastard!!!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(d914 @ Oct 13 2013, 02:02 PM) *

just got some pictures extreme photos,,, seems a vette slipped into the group,,,,,, bastard!!!

Can you believe that crap! Damn Vette people! biggrin.gif

Thanks for breakfast yesterday! beer.gif
d914
any time look forward to seeing you again..

G
poorsche914
Four 914s ran in the autocross this morning. Two 914s took top 3 positions - Bob Saville in first and Ken Park in third. smilie_pokal.gif

Wesley Parker and I also ran. I don't have the timesheet in front of me but I believe Wes was about 7 or 8 seconds off fastest time and I was another 7 or so seconds behind that blink.gif Yeah, I'm an autocross newb rolleyes.gif

Thanks to all who came out to Okteenerfest. cheer.gif It was great to see so many of you I had met before at MUSR11 & 12 and I enjoyed meeting new people. Hope to see you all again (and more) next year at Okteenerfest 2014 "Can Am Reunion" w00t.gif

driving.gif
naro914
I got Overall FTD and Nadine got Ladies FTD!! Ken was really fast, only missed second overall by 0.2 seconds!!

Yes, even with the low numbers, we represented 914's quite well!!!
gasman
Want to thank Bob, Nadine, and Steve for a great weekend. EVERYONE had a great time. And especially to our fine cars. Everyone made it through the 200 plus mile run. Our cars were put to the extreme test and we all came back without a breakdown. Some smiles are still on our faces. Thanks to everyone who gave me best in show. It made all the hard work I did worth it, Is it next October yet????
poorsche914
Congrats on both you and Nadine taking FTD. I haven't had a chance to take a look at the results yet.

driving.gif
Mblizzard
There were some amazing cars there! Here are a few of the pictures.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
trojanhorsepower
One happy boy.
carr914
I can't wait for Next Year!
poorsche914
Just talked to the owner of US129photos.com
He said if you contact him via email at Dave@US129PHOTOS.com, he will give a special Okteenerfest deal of all photos of your 914 for $45.00 (digital download). piratenanner.gif
He is pretty busy so give him up to 24 hours to respond. type.gif

Be sure to check out PHOTOS OF THE WEEK which will be posted late Monday evening... he promised to include some 914s.

Also, check out this shot. Something that is rarely seen let alone photographed up on the Dragon - 2 up, 2 down.

Click to view attachment

As another note, I designed their suits biggrin.gif
billh1963
That's a great price ! Thank you for setting that up.
naro914
I'm sure I speak for Steve and Mike, but I really want to thank all of you that came out and enjoyed this weekend with us. Planning is one thing, but it's the great people that make an event a success. It was great to reacquaint ourselves with old friends, and make many new ones!! That's why we do this, for the fun and friendships.

October marks 20 years of PCA membership for me and Nadine, and during those 20 years, we've been involved with so much and met so many great people. As the saying goes, "it's not just the cars, it's the people"

So again, Thank all of YOU that came out and trusted that we would make you're weekend worthwhile.
poorsche914
agree.gif
Nürburg Nomad
Some great photos so far... can't wait to see more from other teeners! I will certainly be in attendance for 2014 if at all possible!
poorsche914
The group photo... Sized for 5x7 print.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
billh1963
Great picture!
timothy_nd28
agree.gif Very very cool pic
Mblizzard
Great shot Steve! You have a good eye. Will need a high resolution version of this!
dlee6204
Cool! thumb3d.gif
malcolm2
Great showing, great weather, looks like fun was had by all, except those that really wanted to go in the National Park. "unintended consequences of gov'mnt meddling" I always say.

You guys better do this again next year. Please give my wife plenty of notice, so I can attend! Let's shoot for 50 cars so Dr 914 will show!
tumamilhem
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 11 2013, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 11 2013, 07:36 PM) *
You Guys are doing a Great Job! thumb3d.gif - Keep up the Great Work so I can join in in '14 with a running carr

Thanks, TC. Would love to see a bunch of you Gulf Coast teeners (and other Florida guys) up here in the mountains.

I used to live in Clearwater many, many years ago. Cruising the beaches in the 914 was fun but I prefer the mountain roads up here aktion035.gif

driving.gif

I'm in Jacksonville, FL and just found out about this just as the event finished. :/ I would have LOVED to have been at this event! actually I've been waiting for something like this closer to where I live. Unfortunately I haven't been on the World much lately because of long hours at work so I must have missed this thread. I'm going to check the website to see if there is an email list so I will get updates for the next one. I'm sure everybody had a fantastic time driving those roads and getting together. Looks like it would have been a blast! I am definitely looking forward to bringing my LE next year! and since I'm in north Florida right by 95, maybe Floridian south of me I would like to congregate together and caravan to the next one. :-)
Mblizzard
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Oct 16 2013, 07:09 AM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 11 2013, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 11 2013, 07:36 PM) *
You Guys are doing a Great Job! thumb3d.gif - Keep up the Great Work so I can join in in '14 with a running carr

Thanks, TC. Would love to see a bunch of you Gulf Coast teeners (and other Florida guys) up here in the mountains.

I used to live in Clearwater many, many years ago. Cruising the beaches in the 914 was fun but I prefer the mountain roads up here aktion035.gif

driving.gif

I'm in Jacksonville, FL and just found out about this just as the event finished. :/ I would have LOVED to have been at this event! actually I've been waiting for something like this closer to where I live. Unfortunately I haven't been on the World much lately because of long hours at work so I must have missed this thread. I'm going to check the website to see if there is an email list so I will get updates for the next one. I'm sure everybody had a fantastic time driving those roads and getting together. Looks like it would have been a blast! I am definitely looking forward to bringing my LE next year! and since I'm in north Florida right by 95, maybe Floridian south of me I would like to congregate together and caravan to the next one. :-)

I think Joe (Series 9) is holding the Tropical Ramble in FL shortly. Look for that thread it seems like a good time.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 13 2013, 04:27 PM) *

Four 914s ran in the autocross this morning. Two 914s took top 3 positions - Bob Saville in first and Ken Park in third. smilie_pokal.gif

Wesley Parker and I also ran. I don't have the timesheet in front of me but I believe Wes was about 7 or 8 seconds off fastest time and I was another 7 or so seconds behind that blink.gif Yeah, I'm an autocross newb rolleyes.gif

Thanks to all who came out to Okteenerfest. cheer.gif It was great to see so many of you I had met before at MUSR11 & 12 and I enjoyed meeting new people. Hope to see you all again (and more) next year at Okteenerfest 2014 "Can Am Reunion" w00t.gif

driving.gif

Can Am Reunion! Creamsicle here! aktion035.gif
Haudiosolutions
Looks like it's a do over. ILOVE this location! Pardon my convenience. smile.gif
Tenn914
I had a blast at okteenerfest. I've been lurking on here for awhile and decided to update my profile with pic. I enjoyed meeting everyone and learned a lot about repairs and things that I will be doing to the 914 in the near future.

Paul Case
naro914
Paul
Great to meet you and. welcome.png
euro911
Looks like it was a neat event and a good turn out smile.gif

Nice pix too.

Did you guys (and gals) have a drive-in movie?

Click to view attachment

We showed the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" at the 2009 WCR popcorn[1].gif
poorsche914
We parked like that more for the photo than anything else.

On Friday we showed a variety of 914 related videos - vintage Porsche films, race footage, etc
Saturday we posted a pic of car and owner when an award was given or door prize awarded.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.