Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just another progress thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
xsboost90
POR15'd all under where the tank goes up to the firewall, i guess i can install my sway bar now!
CptTripps
How is your primer working? I've never worked with the high-fill stuff before and am curious as to how well it works.
xsboost90
sand everything w/ 180, put a nice coat of hi fill on there and wet sand it in a couple hours- ready to paint. This stuff flows nice and doesnt shrink up much. Anything heavier than 180 and when it does shrink you could have sand lines showing after paint.
CptTripps
I'm going to have a hell of a time. My car had LOTS of bondo on it, and it looks like he roughed it up with a fork or something. I may have to do a second coat of primer and/or paint. I'm new to all of this, so time will tell. Are you and I in some sort of race that neither of us knows about? We both seem to be at about the same point at all times...that and were both in Ohio.

Nice work man...looking good.
xsboost90
as competitive as i am, is still dont want to rush this thing...even though im itching to drive it..70 out today!!! sad.gif DID get my swaybar 90% installed today though, would have been 100% but they forgot to ship me the slide on ends that connect the links to the bar! I drilled all of the holes, bolted everything together and welded the inner braces.
xsboost90
and next.
CptTripps
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Apr 4 2005, 09:06 PM)
as competitive as i am, is still dont want to rush this thing...even though im itching to drive it..70 out today!!! sad.gif DID get my swaybar 90% installed today though, would have been 100% but they forgot to ship me the slide on ends that connect the links to the bar! I drilled all of the holes, bolted everything together and welded the inner braces.

LOL...I was kidding. I know what you mean. I keep pushing MYSELF, but I don't want to push IT.

You are doing great work. Keep it up!

(I know what you mean about the weather...I'm ITCHING to get this thing onthe road!
xsboost90
got the thing totally in primer, body wise, and still need to finish up the ps door.
xsboost90
also got the rear trunk painted and cleared, house of colors silver- still need to finish up the front before i can paint that trunk!
xsboost90
back into the hole till wednesday... dry.gif
CptTripps
Are you painting/priming outside or in the garage?

Looking good man!
xsboost90
no everything is inside w/ the exhaust fan on and a mask and all that, i just rolled it out tonite to check out the cool sparkly paint! Another week or so and itll be ready to spray..i hope. dry.gif
xsboost90
worked the rest of saturday off by doing almost all of the body work to the ps door which was pretty rough.
Eric Taylor
AH man you gota paint that thing soon! The silver is such a tease, how pretty wub.gif . You and william harris should have a competition to see who's car drives sooner.
Eric
xsboost90
test fit the doors today and everything is good to go. Just to finish the front trunk and edge in the doors and she's ready to spray, maybe this weeK! wink.gif
CptTripps
Looks like were on track to finish up at about the same time! We'll have to drive towards each other and meet up in Columbus or something when were done!

Great work man...Keep it up!
xsboost90
smilie_pokal.gif TEENER BUILD OFF!
xsboost90
well, i started at 6 last nite and worked til 3am wed. morning and here is what we have so far. When i went to take a pic of the finished cleared job, the camera died so im going back over today to snap some more pics. All looks good except the ds door i need to go over the bottom to fix some spot you can see through the paint- silver doesnt cover the best- and wet sand to buff..
xsboost90
stripes
xsboost90
paint no clear
Mueller
looks good !!!!

Raiders fan or Harley owner??? smile.gif
FriarJohn
Sweet. IMO you don't see nice two-tone 914 paint jobs often enough. The way you made the line between the two colors follow the "bones," rather than run it flat and parallel to the ground, reminds me of a Foose paintjob on Overhaulin'. You could "Foose-ize" that paint even more with a little bit of color between the two.

Nice work. Can't wait to see the finished product. pray.gif
xsboost90
i actually had a harley those two exact colors! I wanted to paint it silver but i liked the black look too, so i kinda combined them. I saw the foose show your talking about, thats kinda why i moved my line up further towards the top, right where the reflection is on the fenders. Ive kicked around a third color in between but no matter what i just didnt like it, so i deleted it all together. Tell you the truth im thinking of doing some old school pinstripes on it like an old hot rod would have but i dont know if it would look right. Here ist the finished product outside getting wetsanded. I still need to fix some things here and there, paint the hood, trunk and trim but at this point i can at least start reassembling after its all buffed. clap.gif
xsboost90
ok pics are good. rolleyes.gif
xsboost90
oversandin'
xsboost90
getting it all buffed out and picked up some 16" fuch for it today as well, She is looking sweet!
xsboost90
and...
xsboost90
i couldnt resist
sixnotfour
Lookin Good, those wheels will be fuching sweet smilie_pokal.gif
914fire
great paint job!! smilie_pokal.gif
CptTripps
Looking great man....VERY well done!

I'd kicked a 2-tone around too. Yellow-Black. Hell, maybe I will still do it. I dig the line you followed. Shows a lot of thought and effort. I never liked the 3-tone idea. I could never find a 3rd color that worked with bright colors. Maybe if I was doing brown, you could do 2-3 shades, but...it'd be brown. biggrin.gif

You'll have a weekend to get further ahead of me while I'm at WCC....bastard!

Awesome work!

BTW: I like the fuchs a lot better than the dials. I keep trying to get away from Fuchs, but always come back. Maybe Boxter rims for me....who knows.
xsboost90
yeah i thought the phones would be cool but when i put the fuchs on WOW what a difference!
SGB
ohmy.gif AWSOME!
pray.gif AMAZING!
beerchug.gif ALRIGHT!

That car is beautiful!

Wow.
aktion035.gif
Party on, Gar!
xsboost90
got some more work done today, rolled the rear fenders and decided that my 7's will work on the rear w/ some new tires. Got the quarter buffed out, put on my rear drilled rotors-finally-cleaned all the junk out of the corners compound and such, installed a couple pieces of rubber, installed the ds door latch since im getting tired of the doors swinging open everytime i move the car around.
xsboost90
now i need to lower this thing...or put some weight back in it...
Eric_Shea
Thanks for ditching the dials smilie_pokal.gif

Looks great Dan. You'll have to send me an updated picture for my site. beerchug.gif
xsboost90
heres one for ya eric, just pull it from here!
TJB/914
xsboost90,

I really like it. I would never have thought so. It turned out great. My suggestion would be to keep the rockers & valances the light silver color. I believe it will make the car look lower to the ground & not add another color line.

What do you guys think?? I say light silver rockers & valances.

Tom
xsboost90
oh yes, that is the plan, everything on the bottom silver, everything on the top including the roof, glossy black.
Eric Taylor
That is a really pretty ride. I would never have thought I would like a two tone, but dam that looks awesome. What's gona be in the motor?
Eric
xsboost90
one crank, two heads, four pistons..2.0 liters of raw unadulterated horsepower. spank.gif
Eric Taylor
Sounds Great! That looks like it should be a 4 car. I was hoping you weren't going to do a V8, that car just dosn't have the look for a conversion, just a nice clean slightly custom look. So pretty wub.gif .
Eric
maf914
Dan, Way to go! smilie_pokal.gif Your paint job is definately different. It has been fun watching your progress.

I can't wait to see it finished and hunkered down. biggrin.gif
xsboost90
picked this up last nite off of evilbay smilie_pokal.gif
FriarJohn
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Apr 22 2005, 08:37 PM)
I was hoping you weren't going to do a V8, that car just dosn't have the look for a conversion, just a nice clean slightly custom look.

bs.gif What does that mean? I think it would be awesome with a mild V8 in it. aktion035.gif
xsboost90
i would put a 944 turbo motor in before i would do that....its not a nascar buddy aktion035.gif
Eric Taylor
No offense to you V8 guys, I think they are great! I just thought his car had a nice simple custom yet stock look to it that would be very nice with a 4 in it.
Eric
FriarJohn
This car would be nice with ANY motor in it. I know, go with a turbo rotary - a smooth motor for a smooth exterior. boldblue.gif
scotty b
smilie_pokal.gif Lookin great, I like the 2 tone . I never thought I would actually say this but how about clear lenses on the front? I never liked them, but I think it may werk on your car. I like to see something different being done to these cars. I have been considering putting some gold pearl over my dads signal orange. Purists can eat it!! biggrin.gif J.K. I have another car that will be ALMOST all original.
xsboost90
well, i figured out my brake line problems last nite, had british instead of european lines- and almost got everything ran. The front is done, new lines and rubber lines, got the rear close but had to paint the calipers, backing plates and rotor hats, so i stopped for the nite.

Also got my new 205 yoko's mounted up and test fit and they clear the quarters MUCH better than those wide 225's-never thought i'd say 225 was wide- and doesnt look bad either!!! I'll get some more good pics tonite when i finish up the brakes, hopefully i can bleed them all out tonite and this baby will be ready to start getting the motor/ trans cleaned up to go back in!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.