Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS New Brass Tumbler Set w/ Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
tweet
These are brand new brass tumblers and copper springs for 914 and 911. Finally have one set of keys to open all of your locks. This is way cheaper than having a Porsche dealer cut you a key. (I called a Porsche dealer; they said $83.00 to duplicate one master key and $200 to order one by VIN.)

You will receive the following in each set ordered:

#1 Tumblers - four each
#2 Tumblers - four each
#3 Tumblers - four each
#4 Tumblers - four each
10 new springs

#5 Tumbler not included; reuse your own, it is found in your secondary locks (glove box, front trunk, rear trunk) for use with a master key.

Also included (not in picture, but is included in first set only; you only need one) :
1 new pair of tweezers
1 plastic container (so you can find your tumblers the next time you need to re-key a lock)

Each set is $37.95 shipped to your door. (CONUS) This is a discounted price for forum members from my Ebay shipped price of $44.95 - 15% off.

Paypal to TYPE4PLUS@gmail.com
money order
check

If you need individual Tumblers ($3.50 each shipped) Springs (5 for 3.50 shipped).

These are from a reputable source, from an American supplier.

Remember you can still reuse your old tumbler pins that don't need to be changed or keep them as spares. You should have left overs for future locks.

References on re-keying lock cylinders:

MarkB's article, here on 914 world.
http://www.914world.com/specs/rekey.php

How to: Repair or re-key door locks
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3496179

Rekeying Porsche Locks
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/m..._lock_rekey.htm

This is a youtube video of of two styles of ignition locks being removed from a mid 70's beetle. This ignition is like the one on a 914. The process is basically the same as for our cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rB3KYA3Xpw
luskesq
I will take a set. Please pm me with payment details.

Keith
michael7810
PM sent for 1 set
MLedesma
I would like a set.

Matt
euro911
I would like 1 set as well. PM me payment details.

Thanks
Chris H.
I'll take one set.
r3dplanet
If there's a set left I'll buy one.

PM sent.

-marcus
mharmon
I'll take a set as well. Please pm me if you've got enough pins

Thanks

Mike
913B
I would like to buy a set
bulitt
Yup, I would like a set. You need to offer these as a vendor!
bulitt
oops
rudedude
If there is another available I'd take one.
gcrotvik
I need several sets, I think. PM sent.
tweet
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 12 2013, 01:55 PM) *

These are brand new brass tumblers and springs for 914 and 911. Finally have one set of keys to open all of your locks. This is way cheaper than having a Porsche dealer cut you a key. ( I called a Porsche dealer recently, they said $83.00 for one master key!!!)

#1 Tumblers - four each
#2 Tumblers - four each
#3 Tumblers - four each
#4 Tumblers - four each

#5 Tumbler does not need to be replaced or changed, it is the same for all the locks and valet keys.

Also included:
20 new springs
1 new pair of tweezers (not in picture, but is included)

Each set is $25.00 plus shipping to wherever you live.
If you need individual Tumblers ($2.00 each shipped) Springs (5 for 2.00 shipped).

I have 5 sets and will take orders if more members would like to buy them. I have a source for more supply. These are from a reputable source.

Remember you can still reuse your old tumbler pins that don't need to be changed or keep them as spares. You should have left overs for future locks.

Since the question was asked, here are two references on re-keying lock cylinders:

How to: Repair or re-key door locks
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3496179

Rekeying Porsche Locks
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/m..._lock_rekey.htm

This is a youtube video of of two styles of ignition locks being removed from a mid 70's beetle. This ignition is like the one on a 914. The process is basically the same as for our cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rB3KYA3Xpw
Gint
I definitely want a set.

Our own MarkB wrote an excellent tech article available right here on 914 world.

http://www.914world.com/specs/rekey.php
Millerwelds
I'll take a set if you put more together.
Roadsterman60
Put me on the list for a set and let me know when it is available. Thanks.
Black22
I'm in for a set if you do a second round.
tweet

These are brand new brass tumblers and springs for 914 and 911. Finally have one set of keys to open all of your locks. This is way cheaper than having a Porsche dealer cut you a key. ( I called a Porsche dealer recently, they said $83.00 for one master key!!!)

#1 Tumblers - four each
#2 Tumblers - four each
#3 Tumblers - four each
#4 Tumblers - four each

#5 Tumbler does not need to be replaced or changed, it is the same for all the locks and valet keys.

Also included:
20 new springs

Each set is $25.00 plus shipping to wherever you live.
If you need individual Tumblers ($2.00 each shipped) Springs (5 for 2.00 shipped).

I have 5 sets and will take orders if more members would like to buy them. I have a source for more supply. These are from a reputable source.

Hello Everyone,
I just found out from a member that apparently at least one pm I sent did not get through. So if you have not received a response from me, please pm me again, because I did send a reply to everyone. Sorry for any confusion, but I've had connection problems all day long.
dan
914Sixer
Put me down for 1 set.
tweet

#1 Tumblers - four each
#2 Tumblers - four each
#3 Tumblers - four each
#4 Tumblers - four each

Also included:
20 new springs
1 long needle/pin (makes it easier to remove springs from their housing)

Each set is $25.00 plus $3 shipping to wherever you live. (CONUS)

UPDATE:
The first 5 sets have been paid for and sent out. I am ordering more tumblers on Monday. For those that have pre-paid, your tumblers will go out to you first, as soon as I receive them; same day. For all others interested, payment can be made to paypal address DRROCKETDAN@gmail.com. Please add $3.00 for shipping. If you need more than 1 set, pm me.
P.S. I've re-keyed my first [s]two three locks. YAY!!! On my way to a matched set.

UPDATE 4-15
Ten more tumbler sets were ordered today, should be in by the end of the week. All those who have preClick to view attachmentpaid will get theirs first. Don't miss out.

UPDATE 4-22
Tumbler sets are in. All those that have prepaid, will be seeing theirs soon, I'm shipping them out today.

More Tumbler sets are in , in case you missed out on the first two batches.
timothy_nd28
I'm in, PM sent
euro911
Has anybody else here received their order yet?
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 22 2013, 06:14 PM) *

I paid on April 13th, and have not received the tumbler set yet. That's nine days so far.

Has anybody else here received their order yet?

poke.gif His last line said he was shipping today slap.gif Too much activity this weekend? biggrin.gif
euro911
1. Sorry, I didn't see the fine print at the bottom headbang.gif

and 2. ... Yes. Had to unload the truck and put everything away (again) today dry.gif
tweet
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 23 2013, 12:53 AM) *

and 2. ... Yes. Had to unload the truck and put everything away (again) today dry.gif

Hello Everyone,
Please be assured that you will all receive the tumblers as promised. I checked the tracking on the first 5 original sets and they were all delivered on the 15th, one day ahead of the expected delivery date. These sets went out to members that paid on the 12th. I received the second batch of tumblers on Friday, 4/19. I packed them up on Saturday 4/20 and mailed them today 4/22. These were for members that paid on 4/13 through 4/19. Today I received the third batch of tumblers and they will be shipped out by Wednesday, 4/24, for anyone that has paid from 4/20 through 4/23. I hope this helps with any confusion.
thanks,
dan
tweet

It's okay, I have brain farts all the time.
bocruzer
I'd like to order 1 set. Please PM me for payment instruction. Thanks.
tweet
QUOTE(bocruzer @ Apr 24 2013, 02:14 AM) *

pm sent
luskesq
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 22 2013, 10:07 PM) *

Hello Everyone,
Please be assured that you will all receive the tumblers as promised. I checked the tracking on the first 5 original sets and they were all delivered on the 15th, one day ahead of the expected delivery date. These sets went out to members that paid on the 12th. I received the second batch of tumblers on Friday, 4/19. I packed them up on Saturday 4/20 and mailed them today 4/22. These were for members that paid on 4/13 through 4/19. Today I received the third batch of tumblers and they will be shipped out by Wednesday, 4/24, for anyone that has paid from 4/20 through 4/23. I hope this helps with any confusion.
thanks,
dan

I was in the first group and was shocked at how fast my order arrived (I think 3 days). Everything as represented and now, all locks on my 914 are functional plus I had some left over to take care of a door on my 911S.

Much appreciated Dan,

Keith
tweet
QUOTE(luskesq @ Apr 24 2013, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 22 2013, 10:07 PM) *

Hello Everyone,
thanks,
dan

I was in the first group and was shocked at how fast my order arrived (I think 3 days). Everything as represented and now, all locks on my 914 are functional plus I had some left over to take care of a door on my 911S.

Much appreciated Dan,

Keith

I'm glad I could help out. You are welcome!!!
bocruzer
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 24 2013, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(bocruzer @ Apr 24 2013, 02:14 AM) *

pm sent

Payment sent via paypal. Thanks.
913B
Forgive me for the interruption but how do you tell the tumblers apart , other than the slight differences in the top and bottom of the tumbler, is that the difference. Sorry for my old eyes
tweet
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Apr 25 2013, 12:51 PM) *

Forgive me for the interruption but how do you tell the tumblers apart , other than the slight differences in the top and bottom of the tumbler, is that the difference. Sorry for my old eyes

The tumblers have extremely small differences. They are notched at either end or not at all. The sides have different thicknesses and the bottom edge has different dimensions. At first glance, they all look the same, but they are indeed all different. The originals, if they have not been changed out already, are stamped 1,2,3,4 from factory. If you clean off the muck and grab a magnifying glass or such, you will see the very tiny number on the tumbler. After market ones come plain. But do not fret. I devised a trick to help sort them. First and foremost, never mix them up when you have them already sorted. I label the tumblers I am selling to make it easier. Next as you take the old ones out, sort these as well. This will make your life so much easier when re-keying. I also scotch taped one of each tumbler to a white background, and labeled the cardboard 1-4. This way they would not fall and get lost, and i can tell them apart. It's a cheat sheet. Then all you have to do is lay one tumbler over the other and match them up. You need good light, patience and some sort of magnification if your eyes are not 20/20 anymore. Mine are definitely not, haven't been for some time. Hope this helps.
dan
euro911
Arived in today's mail smile.gif

Thanks Dan thumb3d.gif
tweet
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 26 2013, 04:28 AM) *

Arived in today's mail smile.gif

Thanks Dan thumb3d.gif

You are welcome, glad you got 'em.
timothy_nd28
mine arrived today as well, thanks
tweet
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Apr 27 2013, 06:26 PM) *

You are welcome, glad you got 'em.
tweet
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Apr 27 2013, 06:26 PM) *

You're welcome. It'll be sweet to carry just one master key.
tradisrad
Dont miss Mark's re-key DIY.Re-key
tweet
bump - got more supply in
duktail
I would like a set please.
ConeDodger
Me too! I'll take one set...
dcecc1968
I would like a set. PM me with payment info.
dcecc1968
I received my set.... now to get my 914 back from the welder so I can install.
Thanks Dan.
tweet
QUOTE(dcecc1968 @ May 17 2013, 01:28 PM) *

I received my set.... now to get my 914 back from the welder so I can install.
Thanks Dan.

Thank you for the purchase and happy re-keying!
tweet
weekend bump
matt5596
I would like a set. PM me payment info.
Amphicar770
Put me down for a set. Thanks.
tweet
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Jun 3 2013, 08:39 AM) *

Put me down for a set. Thanks.

I am placing an order this coming week for tumblers, I am down to two sets. Let me know if you would like some sets.
thanks,
dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.