Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nor Cal transmission clinic, October.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
dfelz
I will hopefully be there! But as a spectator.

IF I end up going, and IF there is anyone in the SD/LA area that wants me to bring up their tranny for rebuilding i would be more than happy to shuttle it up and back and do the rebuild during the clinic (you would pay the rebuilders fee of course), shoot me a PM if this is something you are interested in.

I also have a tailshift core that i do not need if anyone is in need of one, again shoot me a PM.

beerchug.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(dfelz @ Sep 9 2013, 09:25 PM) *

IF I end up going, and IF there is anyone in the SD/LA area that wants me to bring up their tranny for rebuilding i would be more than happy to shuttle it up and back and do the rebuild during the clinic (you would pay the rebuilders fee of course), shoot me a PM if this is something you are interested in.

I also have a tailshift core that i do not need if anyone is in need of one, again shoot me a PM.

beerchug.gif

Dude lets talk.....
Jeffs9146
sad.gif
I am so jelouse!!!! I have no chance of attending this and I have been trying to get it here for so long!

I just hope we get another some day!! beerchug.gif
dfelz
QUOTE(oldschool @ Sep 9 2013, 09:38 PM) *

QUOTE(dfelz @ Sep 9 2013, 09:25 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Dude lets talk.....

Lets!!! beerchug.gif text me! I'll be in pomona this weekend again..
Dr Evil
Up to 11 or more smile.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 10 2013, 08:28 PM) *

Has there been talk of doing a clinic in Florida lately? I live in Orlando...
Manavapor
I am trying to find a core, but if I can't I will try to make it up there anyways.
Dr Evil
FL is going to happen someday, at Joe O's shop. However, I need to schedule it. Australia is gonna take a lot of my resources.
Chris Pincetich
I did a Dr Evil clinic in 2007 or 08 or something. Still going great! beerchug.gif

I'll be watching this thread w possibility of joining as a spectator or helper.
The clinic gave me the confidence to go back in and swap gears in my 901- I now have a flipped 5th gear in 3rd for a short-shift 2->3rd that I love when AX racin.

If you end up w more cores than hands, I could roll up the sleeves and do a supervised rebuild for a small fee of premium beer or wine biggrin.gif dry.gif

ALSO, if it's sunny, then
jsharp.gif
JStroud
I have one maybe two extra transmissions if someone needs one to rebuild, I can bring them to the clinic. Pm sent.

Jeff
Dr Evil
Wow, this is blowing up. 13 students so far.....I hope McMark is ready
McMark
:-)
Dr Evil
Mike Knox, your check arrived. elvira.gif
JStroud
Do we need to bring a gasket set? Anything else we should bring.

Jeff
Dr Evil
Yes, please bring your own seal kit and normal tools. Anything special will be provided.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jsconst @ Sep 15 2013, 09:23 PM) *

Do we need to bring a gasket set? Anything else we should bring.

Jeff

Last time I bought mine from GPR for around $35
McMark
Lemme see what I can get seal kits for... I love GPR, but I can save shipping. wink.gif
McMark
Okay here's what I can get

Seal Kits: $45
Dog Teeth: $145
Synchros: $100

Rebuilt Speedo Drive units: $65, but I need cores to do ahead of time.
Brian Mifsud
I'd like to bring my 16year old son in and walk thru the rebuild of my '76 transaxle.

So other than my tools, I need to bring seal kit and trans?

Anything else?

Where do we "sign up"?

Thanks

Brian

Dr Evil
Mark, I have a box of good speedo cores that I can mail you. When you say "synchros $100" you meaning the bands? That is more than Pelican at $85ea.

This time around I am not ordering seal kits as I am limited on weight and space with my family coming west for the trip. Thus, y'all got to get your own kits smile.gif
JStroud
If anyone needs a transmission to rebuild I have two available, one came from a parts car at pick n pull, turns but don't know anything about it, $150 includes a seal kit.
The other I drove in my car a while, came from a 74, worked fine except 2nd could be tough at times, $250.00 including a seal kit. Or make me an offer.
I can bring them to the clinic, or if no one buys them...I'll rebuild them.

Jeff
McMark
They get a better price than me because of volume. I won't be offended if no one buys anything from me. Just offering as a convenience for others.

I'd love to get those cores. Ship them to the shop and pm me a price.
JStroud
I ordered seal kits from EBS Racing, $43 no tax, free shipping.
Pelican shows $32, but they're out of stock.

Jeff
Dr Evil
I hear you on the parts cost, Mark. The person I usually get parts from does low volume for my stuff because I do low volume so my savings is not always that much. Nice of you to offer and nice to have available.

I will ship the cores I have to you, no worries.
hockeymutt
count me in ill just have to make sure i dont have work those days... anyone have a core i can buy off them, my car might not be here by then. (getting shipped back from nj)
smj
PM sent - is there a limit on participants?

Dr Evil
20 paid is going to be the limit, I think. Currently 8/17 paid.
Brian Mifsud
Wife sent check yesterday.

mikey63
I plan on going as a spectator/assistant if anyone needs one.
JStroud
QUOTE(jsconst @ Sep 16 2013, 10:08 PM) *

If anyone needs a transmission to rebuild I have two available, one came from a parts car at pick n pull, turns but don't know anything about it, $150 includes a seal kit.
The other I drove in my car a while, came from a 74, worked fine except 2nd could be tough at times, $250.00 including a seal kit. Or make me an offer.
I can bring them to the clinic, or if no one buys them...I'll rebuild them.

Jeff

Both transmissions spoken for, see you all at the clinic, looks like it will be a good one.
Bring a table too.....unless you want to work on the floor.

Jeff
Elliot Cannon
It might be worth the trip just to eat at the Girl and the Fig. chowtime.gif And of course I'll get to again see the transmission expert, M.D., Rock Star. laugh.gif
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 10 2013, 05:28 PM) *

Congrats on you helping those in need. If you get any more, will you be able to assist those that really need some help...it sorts of reminds me of a lecture hall with 150+ students vs 20. Just asking .
wes
Has anyone made plans for a motel close in?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(wes @ Sep 21 2013, 11:43 AM) *

Has anyone made plans for a motel close in?

A motel close in to Sonoma is going to be in the $160 dollar range and not terribly impressive.
I have gotten $80 a night in Vallejo which is not too far away.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(396 @ Sep 21 2013, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 10 2013, 05:28 PM) *

Congrats on you helping those in need. If you get any more, will you be able to assist those that really need some help...it sorts of reminds me of a lecture hall with 150+ students vs 20. Just asking .

This aint my first rodeo. Please see my links below. Everyone will be well instructed and supervised.
Dr Evil
Up to 10paid/19registered
Dr Evil
12/19
Dr Evil
13/20
1TRICK6
Any cut-off date to register & pay.
Jim
rhodyguy
you being a contractor, saw horses and a sheet of plywood works great. when one was held in tacoma, i took a set of waist high horses and an old pingpong table top to mike's house. made for ample room with up to 5 or 6 guys working on the trans. 3 2x4s under the pp top made for a sturdy surface.

k

Dr Evil
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 25 2013, 10:53 AM) *

you being a contractor, saw horses and a sheet of plywood works great. when one was held in tacoma, i took a set of waist high horses and an old pingpong table top to mike's house. made for ample room with up to 5 or 6 guys working on the trans. 3 2x4s under the pp top made for a sturdy surface.

k

He knows of what he speaks. agree.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(1TRICK6 @ Sep 25 2013, 10:43 AM) *

Any cut-off date to register & pay.
Jim

I am planing on cutting off at 20 paid. So, currently 20 saying they are in with 13 having paid. If you need time to pay but are a sure thing, I can work with that. If we get enough tables then I can do more.
rhodyguy
don't use AC plywood! wink.gif
Dave_Darling
I was going to be one of the lookie-loos, but I'm out that weekend. Moving.

--DD
skeates
Alright - so this is my first clinic and I'm trying to sort out all of the details. From what I gather I need to bring the following:

- Transmission core
- Standard set of tools
- Table to work on
- Gasket Set

Is there anything I'm missing? Also - is this a one day or two day event?
Jeffs9146
A good pair of snap ring plyers will avoid having to wait to share with someone else!!
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Sep 25 2013, 01:42 PM) *

A good pair of snap ring plyers will avoid having to wait to share with someone else!!

Great advice biggrin.gif as I've been to one to observe.
JStroud
QUOTE(skeates @ Sep 25 2013, 12:37 PM) *

Alright - so this is my first clinic and I'm trying to sort out all of the details. From what I gather I need to bring the following:

- Transmission core
- Standard set of tools
- Table to work on
- Gasket Set

Two day, snacks, beverages.... chowtime.gif beer3.gif

Jeff
Dr Evil
QUOTE(skeates @ Sep 25 2013, 03:37 PM) *

- Transmission core
- Standard set of tools
- Table to work on
- Gasket Set

Bring $$$ for parts. Cash is king.

I plan to bring a few snap ring pliers, but we can always use more wink.gif
Dr Evil
You can finish in one day if you are motivated and if you let me do your assembly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.