Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nor Cal transmission clinic, October.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dr Evil
This is me feeling out how likely it is we could get enough people together for a clinic while I am out visiting with family. Here is the questions that need to be answered.

1- Is McMark and his shop available the weekend of Oct 19-20, and would he be willing to host?

2- Is this too short of notice for most of you?

3- Can I get that time off for this?

#3 is the one I see being the biggie as I need to talk to my medical director and ask for time off before and after the clinic. Noel and I will be celebrating out anniversary on the 18th, I have already requested no work on the 18-19. I can request 8 days off in a row as I only have to work 14 a month. I need to see if I can do 3 before and 3 after or some configuration thereof.

I am thinking that McMark's shop will be the best venue with Disco Bay being an alternated.....but I anticipate a lot of people.

Let me know if you are in as a paying participant. Stay tuned. My wife has put pressure on me to keep the number of these clinics to very few and more local so I do not know when I will next be out this way. Keep this in mind smile.gif
McMark
Potentially. My biggest concern would be that if it's rainging it wouldn't work. I have too many projects in the shop that can't get wet. wink.gif
Dr Evil
You have a month and a half to finish them smile.gif
JStroud
I've got 4 transmissions that need opening....is that enough lol-2.gif

I'm in

Jeff
mrholland2

So, is there a "watcher" fee and an "I brought my transmission to work on" fee?

I'm not to the "tear it open" point, but I'd love to watch the process and, perhaps, be someone's diligent helper? I just need to know so I can ask off for the Saturday (IF someone will cover for me. . it SUCKS being the "saturday Dean)

Sean

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 1 2013, 07:24 PM) *

This is me feeling out how likely it is we could get enough people together for a clinic while I am out visiting with family. Here is the questions that need to be answered.

1- Is McMark and his shop available the weekend of Oct 19-20, and would he be willing to host?

2- Is this too short of notice for most of you?

3- Can I get that time off for this?

#3 is the one I see being the biggie as I need to talk to my medical director and ask for time off before and after the clinic. Noel and I will be celebrating out anniversary on the 18th, I have already requested no work on the 18-19. I can request 8 days off in a row as I only have to work 14 a month. I need to see if I can do 3 before and 3 after or some configuration thereof.

I am thinking that McMark's shop will be the best venue with Disco Bay being an alternated.....but I anticipate a lot of people.

Let me know if you are in as a paying participant. Stay tuned. My wife has put pressure on me to keep the number of these clinics to very few and more local so I do not know when I will next be out this way. Keep this in mind smile.gif

JeffBowlsby
Nooooo.....not THAT weekend....
Dr Evil
As with previous clinics:

Participation - $300 per builder, as many transmissions as you can. 18 and under are free.

Spectators - Free

I will have used parts for sale, and stainless hardware is free.
Dtjaden
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 1 2013, 08:44 PM) *

As with previous clinics:

Participation - $300 per builder, as many transmissions as you can. 18 and under are free.

Spectators - Free

I will have used parts for sale, and stainless hardware is free.

I would be interested. I definately have a bad 1st gear synchro.
JRust
I'd be a maybe confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
I might come to hang and drink beer beer.gif

My Cayman S 6 speed does not need a rebuild... biggrin.gif
warpig
I need this but wont be ready till after the end of the year. confused24.gif (to much other stuff needs to get done before I tear into the new project) headbang.gif How about a PNW clinic in Jan or Feb? KMA.gif pray.gif grouphug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 1 2013, 06:28 PM) *

Potentially. My biggest concern would be that if it's rainging it wouldn't work. I have too many projects in the shop that can't get wet. wink.gif

Mine... sad.gif
shoguneagle
I would be interested in attending but the transaxle that I had was taken in the theft; could be a spectator and willing to contribute something. At least. it would give me a reason to visit the Bay Area/Sac area. Will keep tuned.

Steve
Mblizzard
Dr Evil you still owe us a clinic in the south at some point. My wife says it is unlikely that she will fly me and my trans to SOCAL!
Dr Evil
This will possibly be the last west coast clinic for a year, or longer. Each clinic I do will push the next farther back and I am trying to plan an Australian/New Zealand clinic early next year.
green914
smile.gif Do I need to have a core?
jesiv
My son has a wrestling tournament that weekend :-( We have been anxiously waiting for your return!! If the date changes you can count us in!

Regards

James IV & V
Dr Evil
QUOTE(green914 @ Sep 2 2013, 11:43 AM) *

smile.gif Do I need to have a core?

blink.gif Your fucking with me, right?

Only if you want to rebuild something.
Jeffs9146
I will be out on my boat that week so Disco-bay is out unless you want to do it the weekend before or after the 18th! wacko.gif

I have been waiting for this to happen for a long time!!! headbang.gif

PS: I have 3 core transmissions and one that I want to put a flipped H gear in!
Dr Evil
Crap. Well, I can not do it any other time so it is Napa or nothing. We may need Easy Ups if rain is forecasted.
Mike Knox
Hey Mike pray.gif

Man I need this clinic in the worst way. Since I first contacted you in 2009 I've been collecting gears (got all 5), a 904 shaft, and parts to make my 74 sideshifter more compatible with my 3.2 sixer. sunglasses.gif

My case is leaking now, so I probably need a new case too. dry.gif

But I've got music gig on Saturday the 19th. hissyfit.gif

Would it be possible to ship my tranny unaccompanied to be torn down on 10/19, and then be there for the rebuild on Sunday the 20th? My gig is in Yreka, which is extreme NorCal, so I would be driving until 10pm to get there, yellowsleep[1].gif but could make it.

I'd still be willing to pay full fare. shades.gif

Mike
914_teener
I can make this....we have relatives in Monterrey if you aren't going to be in SoCal for another year Mike.

We'll have to drive up to Disco Bay from there.

Keep us posted.

Yes I have a core to rebuild.

.........it's even been cleaned.
Elliot Cannon
If rain is a concern, bring your stuff to Paso Robles and do the clinic in my hangar at the airport. biggrin.gif
bandjoey
what's wrong with us texas people? we keep asking and you just turn your ugly eye back to california. kinda pisses us off sometimes. we love yankees and hold no grudge that you didn't come here to be a real doc. we're good folk too. we're simple country bumpkins with a porshe car too. we ride horses and love unicorns like family. we can probably russle up a barn to work in and promise to shovel out the shit before you get here. you can also put your 6 shooter in your belt and go to mcdonalds and the kids will praise your sole for such a big gun. whatcha you think about coming down to gowds country sometimes? see if we can get you a meetup with Ted Nugent - how bout that?
just asking... flag.gif
p.s. don't judge us by lone star beer either. It sucks.
Elliot Cannon
That's an even better idea. And next time you see him, say hi for me to Ted spoiled, rich, rock star, draft dodging, pussy, asshole, Nugent. poke.gif av-943.gif
infraredcalvin
I've got a 930 box that just started with the infamous 3rd gear grind. Could this be brought to the clinic for rebuild?
JStroud
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 2 2013, 10:55 AM) *

Crap. Well, I can not do it any other time so it is Napa or nothing. We may need Easy Ups if rain is forecasted.

I have a 24' x 34' shop I could have empty to use near Sacramento if that helps.

Jeff
McMark
idea.gif
r3dplanet
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 2 2013, 06:27 PM) *

you can also put your 6 shooter in your belt and go to mcdonalds and the kids will praise your sole for such a big gun.

WTF.gif

Click to view attachment

bulitt
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 2 2013, 09:47 PM) *

That's an even better idea. And next time you see him, say hi for me to Ted spoiled, rich, rock star, draft dodging, pussy, asshole, Nugent. poke.gif av-943.gif

Mr. Fred Bear's from Michigan anyoldways. Erc probably jammed with him decades ago.
Dr Evil
I need the location to be close to the family in the bay area that I am coming out there to meet with our new son. I think Sac may be too far, unless Mark feels this is a better idea.

Mike Knox, I am sure we can work something out.

Pat, I will not be set up for the 930. Sorry, but hauling extra stuff for several boxes will be difficult. I am limited on space and weight due to flying out. I still need to find out how to get around this when I eventually go to Oz as we are trying to do 915/930 there.
Dr Evil
Alright gents, the tickets have been purchased (ouch). The family and I will be arriving the afternoon of Oct 17th and departing on the 22nd. If it helps, I can do Fri and Sat if Mark can. I am flexible in the time I am there.

Time to start taking money for tuition! PM me if you are in.
Dr Evil
Alright, the 912 guys have been made aware smile.gif
larryM
so - exactly where & when is this actually gonna happen?

i have lost track of all the potential dates & locations

can you do a 915 flip conversion in the melee?

Dr Evil
No 915 this time
Dr Evil
Oct 19-20 at McMarks shop http://www.originalcustoms.com/
McMark
Shall we raffle off the flared chassis I have? $600 a ticket. biggrin.gif
echocanyons
I need a few new synchros.

I'm a definite maybe for this meet.
Mike Knox
icon_bump.gif

I will be there!!

PM sent.

Mike Knox
ConeDodger
QUOTE(larryM @ Sep 6 2013, 05:09 PM) *

so - exactly where & when is this actually gonna happen?

i have lost track of all the potential dates & locations

can you do a 915 flip conversion in the melee?

Larry,
I bet McMark can...
Krieger
I had a great time at the last one helping people with trannies. I still don't need a trans. I have two "spares" trannies... would love a LSD, but no $
Dr Evil
Dang, it is shaping up.....if you have a912 smile.gif I have 3 committed 912 people and one 914. Its all good. This will happen.
skeates
pm sent!
Dtjaden
As I said in an earlier post while you we're gauging demand, I am definately in.
wes
Im in, PM sent! piratenanner.gif
bernbomb914
Doc If you come thru so cal I have a lot of gears and some sportomatic trans and gears for sale email if you are interested bernbomb914@verizon.net
green914
I will be there. Do you supply cores, or do I need to find one before I get there?
Dr Evil
Bring a core. You can probably find one from someone coming.
Mike Knox
icon_bump.gif

My tuition payment to Gearhead University is in the snail mail for Dr. Evil as of this morning!!

Mike Knox
Dr Evil
Things are shaping up. Gonna be a good turn out and clinic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.