Full Version: Rennsport V
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
naro914
Are tickets sold out?
pisces914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jan 20 2015, 10:59 AM) *

Are tickets sold out?

i don't think that tix will be sold out to the event, but the car corrals may be sold out - hope this helps - brad in seattle
naro914
I didn't think so either, but I can't find them on the Laguna website...
wes
just give them a call as some times the web site is missing info!
VegasRacer
from PCA Zone 8 News. Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Rennsport Tickets

Yes, Rennsport Reunion Tickets were for sale. And, yes, they are currently not for sale. Furthermore, yes, they will be for sale again, but we don’t know when. Coordination issues between the track and PCNA. Stay tuned for more information.

EdwardBlume
The next person to join the 914 coral maybe could ask and post how many spots are left. idea.gif
pisces914
HEADS UP!!! i just received this from the 356 registry site:

"Hello Porsche Family and Friends:

As the subject of this e-mail states, we’ve taken the unpleasant but necessary step(s) to move the date for Rennsport Reunion V, resolving the conflict with the World Endurance Championship (WEC) race in Fuji.

The new date is two weeks earlier, September 25 – 27, 2015.

I assure you the decision was not made lightly. We understand many of our enthusiastic fans have already made their hotel reservations, travel and vacation plans based off the earlier date. However, the fact that our 919 Hybrid LMP1 and 911 RSR teams, along with the factory works drivers and engineers that go with them can now attend our greatest celebration was just too powerful to ignore.

As we checked for alternative availability, rumors began circulating, especially in the past week and we wanted you to hear it from us first. There will be an official press release distributed shortly after 6:00 pm, EST today.

As always, please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to seeing you all, more than ever, in Monterey in September!

Warm regards,

Dave Engelman
Media Relations Manager - Motorsports and Brand Heritage"
dlkawashima
Scheiße!

Updated the first post with the new date. Better get my hotel reservations changed ...
naro914
Damn, that's Okteenerfest weekend!!! How dare they!
dlkawashima
News report on the date change:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/porsche-anno...-230500173.html
jim_hoyland
Changed my reservation at HoJo- was $less for the new dates.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 23 2015, 04:21 PM) *

Just changed mine too. Easy and cheaper! Probably because HoJo didn't hear about the date change yet.

Hope this ain't no death hoax... dry.gif
Mike Bellis
Looks legit...

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/homepage-right...mber-25-27-2015
Maltese Falcon
Vendors were notified today via email at 15:00 about the change in dates, so I guess we roll with the new plan. Some hotels seem to be gouging with higher prices. We simply moved our dates=same room rates. Click to view attachment
jeffdon
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jan 23 2015, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 23 2015, 04:21 PM) *

Just changed mine too. Easy and cheaper! Probably because HoJo didn't hear about the date change yet.

Hope this ain't no death hoax... dry.gif

Dang, Hojo website was not working for me today. Too many changes? Got into the travelodge in Monterey, but would rather be with the NARP crowd.
VegasRacer
I just got my reservation changed at HoJo.
It is going to cost me $11 more for the new dates.
jeffdon
Managed to move mine too! Happy to be hanging with the cool folks!
GeorgeRud
Got ours changed as well at the Embassy Suites. If someone wants to go, get your rooms before the hotels find out and raise their rates!
jeffdon
Whats the deal on corral entry?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jan 23 2015, 09:48 PM) *

agree.gif I tried the website to purchase tickets but cannot get connected, should I call them directly ? What number should I use ?
EdwardBlume
Trying to make adjustments... I hope my camping spot holds up...
ClayPerrine
I called the HoJo direct. They moved our reservation to the new dates.

And it was considerably less money because I called them direct.

piratenanner.gif

dlkawashima
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 24 2015, 04:58 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jan 23 2015, 09:48 PM) *

agree.gif I tried the website to purchase tickets but cannot get connected, should I call them directly ? What number should I use ?

Jim, it looks like ticket sales have been temporarily suspended, but I'd call them directly to be sure. There are a couple of phone numbers listed regarding ticket sales:

Mazda Raceway says to call this number for more info: 831-242-8200
PCA suggests calling this number for ticket info: 800-327-7322
jim_hoyland
The 1st number referred me to the web pages for ticket sales; the second number could not be completed....will try later.
wes
I changed mine and getting $34 back, snack at the track.
Think about a simple date change on something like this, Ill bet a lot of vendors are working there tails of due the change, air lines, and hotels not selling out for the old dates though Monterey is always busy.
dlkawashima
IPB Image

The date for Rennsport V has changed. If you have already made hotel reservations, make sure to get them changed to the new date.

Porsche Rennsport Reunion V has moved to September 25-27 due to conflicting dates with the World Endurance Championship (WEC) in Fuji, Japan,
which would have significantly impacted the quality of Rennsport by pulling away vital assets needed for the prestigious event.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Porsche Cars North America have been working together to move the date to accommodate all the many
elements that are being planned for another successful Rennsport.

“Our fans are our first priority and we appreciate their support,” explained Gill Campbell, CEO/General Manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
“While it was a difficult decision for both organizations to make, the end result will be a far stronger and more impactful event for everyone who attends and participates.”

All existing orders will automatically transfer to the new date and customers will receive an updated confirmation. If customers are unable to attend,
please contact ticketing@mazdaraceway.com or call the ticket office by March 2, 2015 at 831-242-8200 for a full refund.

Best regards,

Wendy Carvalho
Ticket Manager
jim_hoyland
Just talked to the ticket office for some info; the Mazsda Raceway website is back and selling tickets; and, none of the corals have sold out.

Got my tickets on-line for the 914 coral and rev limit zone....
ClayPerrine
I called them about our tickets. They said that they are honoring all the tickets already purchased, and will be sending out new confirmation emails with the new dates as soon as they finish processing them.

VegasRacer
Porsche announces Rennsport Reunion V hashtag, unveils official website and logo

Monday, March 9, 2015

Details about Rennsport Reunion V have been trickling out since it was first announced late last year, including a date change of the event from October to September 2015, but the tap has been opened with the launch of the official Rennsport Reunion V website, the social media hashtag — #PorscheRRV — and the official logo.

We'd recommend paying attention to that hashtag in the months leading up to — and during — RRV whether you're on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, as you never know what juicy Porsche content will appear. In the meantime, head over to the official RRV website to pour over the latest updates, such as the event schedule, vehicles and drivers that will be in attendance, photo and video galleries from past Rennsports, and general information and history about the event.

Porsche press release

Atlanta. Today, Porsche Cars North America, Inc. released new details for the highly anticipated Porsche Rennsport Reunion V being held at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, September 25 – 27, 2015.

This year’s Reunion, the fifth installment of what has become a Porsche tradition in North America, will highlight Porsche at the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans. As the most successful marque in the history of the famed 8.47 mile Le Sarthe Circuit, with sixteen overall race victories between 1970 and 1998 and 100 class victories, Porsche returned to the top level of Sports Car competition with the 919 Hybrid LMP1 Sports-Prototype in 2014.

On the official Porsche Rennsport Reunion V website, www.porscherennsportreunion.com, Porsche fans have access to up-to-date information on the drivers and cars that are scheduled to attend, along with photos and videos from past Reunions. Links to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca’s website for tickets, registration and track information are also available on the official website.

Building upon the theme from Rennsport Reunion IV, the Porsche Design Studio in Zell am See, Austria rejuvenated the familiar logo for Rennsport Reunion V. The logo will appear on official communications, strategic locations around the track, and on select merchandise.

For followers of Social Media, #PorscheRRV has been chosen to be used for tagging photos, video and social media content. It is welcomed for fans and enthusiasts to use the new hashtag on any Porsche Rennsport Reunion related subject matter.

Future details will be published on Porsche’s press website (www.press.porsche.com) and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca’s website (www.mazdaraceway.com), as they become available.

Ticket information is available by contacting 800-327-7322 or online at www.mazdaraceway.com
76-914
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jan 26 2015, 02:40 PM) *

IPB Image

The date for Rennsport V has changed. If you have already made hotel reservations, make sure to get them changed to the new date.

Porsche Rennsport Reunion V has moved to September 25-27 due to conflicting dates with the World Endurance Championship (WEC) in Fuji, Japan,
which would have significantly impacted the quality of Rennsport by pulling away vital assets needed for the prestigious event.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Porsche Cars North America have been working together to move the date to accommodate all the many
elements that are being planned for another successful Rennsport.

“Our fans are our first priority and we appreciate their support,” explained Gill Campbell, CEO/General Manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
“While it was a difficult decision for both organizations to make, the end result will be a far stronger and more impactful event for everyone who attends and participates.”

All existing orders will automatically transfer to the new date and customers will receive an updated confirmation. If customers are unable to attend,
please contact ticketing@mazdaraceway.com or call the ticket office by March 2, 2015 at 831-242-8200 for a full refund.

Best regards,

Wendy Carvalho
Ticket Manager

For Fuch's Sake, that's Randy! av-943.gif Damn I miss that show. One of Canada's best exports, ever.
Michael N
It looks like the ticket sales are now back up on line since the date change. I purchased passes for the 914 corral for Kathy and I today. I am still excited for this event and wanted to bump this back up to the top.
jim_hoyland
See: http://porscherennsportreunion.com
jeffdon
Got my Hojo room confirmed, and got my corral parking secured. Does the corral parking cover Just my car and me, or does it also include a passenger?
sb914
Going to try to make this
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jeffdon @ May 7 2015, 07:52 AM) *

Got my Hojo room confirmed, and got my corral parking secured. Does the corral parking cover Just my car and me, or does it also include a passenger?

Just covers the car and you; there is a lot of unused room in the trunk.... smile.gif
EdwardBlume
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
beerchug.gif
Ferg
Looks like I will be heading out and pitting for some friends again. Look forward to seeing you guys there. And when I say pitting, I mean polishing.

This is one of the cars, find me in the pits.

If we end up having room on the transport, I'm going to bring my 86 Carrera so hopefully I can do some drives.
naro914
At the moment, we are scheduled to fly out and attend, so no Porsche for us... sad.gif
Reservation is at the HoJo. Haven't got plane tickets yet...
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif is anyone still going?
914_teener
I'm going for sure.

Just not sure where I am staying yet and what car I am driving yet.

Time to finalize this week.

Mike Bellis
I've got a room at the HoJo but I'm on the fence about going.
naro914
Mike
Have you been to one before? If not, why in the fence?

We just booked out plane tickets yesterday.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 28 2015, 04:39 AM) *

Mike

agree.gif agree.gif

Rennsport is better than Monterey Historics! Worth the effort.
Mike Bellis

Mike

Mostly financial. I have a bunch of spendy activities going on during September and October. I need to cut the fat somewhere.
naro914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 28 2015, 12:57 PM) *

Mike

Mostly financial. I have a bunch of spendy activities going on during September and October. I need to cut the fat somewhere.

I know the feeling...
-SCCA Dragon Hill Climb
-Okteenerfest
-Rennsport Reunion
-Petit LeMans

All in back to back to back to back weeks...Petit might be the odd one out this year.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 28 2015, 05:23 AM) *

Mike

agree.gif agree.gif

agree.gif this is going to be a classis event ! Wouldn't miss it for... I'll be at HOJO Thursday after cruising up HWy1
jeffdon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 28 2015, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 28 2015, 05:23 AM) *

Mike

agree.gif agree.gif

agree.gif this is going to be a classis event ! Wouldn't miss it for... I'll be at HOJO Thursday after cruising up HWy1

I'm at the Hojo too. A bit over a month away! Do we have a count on the 914 guys attending yet?
oakpark
I'll be there from Chicago, but not with my car. If there will be a gathering of the faithful, please broadcast the location and time.
JeffBowlsby
Is there a 914World members rendezvous date/time/location being planned?
jcd914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 11 2015, 09:02 PM) *

Is there a 914World members rendezvous date/time/location being planned?

I have not seen any planned rendezvous.

I will be there but not my 914, I will have my truck and trailer in campsite CSV 605 overlooking the corkscrew.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.