Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport V
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
matthepcat
I will be flying back from Austria that weekend. I seem to miss all the big Porsche events.
naro914
QUOTE(oakpark @ Aug 11 2015, 11:37 PM) *

I'll be there from Chicago, but not with my car. If there will be a gathering of the faithful, please broadcast the location and time.

Same - flying in from Charlotte on Thursday. Staying at HoJo. May visit some friends when we get in...

Yes, please broadcast any gatherings!!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 11 2015, 09:02 PM) *

Is there a 914World members rendezvous date/time/location being planned?

All of our 914world friends can always meet up at the MSDS booth located in the Merchant row. Not a big tent, but centrally located if you need to meet up, hang out or beerchug.gif
naro914
Had I thought about it and planned better, I was going to ask one of you if we could borrow a 914 for the corral. However, being only a month-ish away and obviously the corrals are sold out, I guess it doesn't matter now. We'll have a rental car instead.. sad.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 13 2015, 05:15 AM) *

Had I thought about it and planned better, I was going to ask one of you if we could borrow a 914 for the corral. However, being only a month-ish away and obviously the corrals are sold out, I guess it doesn't matter now. We'll have a rental car instead.. sad.gif

I'll be at HoJo Thursday. I have an open seat if you would like to join us at the corral; there should be additional open seats from HoJo to Laguna Seca.

FYI: there's a great lunch/dinner place on the beach at the end of Reservation Road in Marina. Kula Ranch. Good parking, reasonable prices, and right on the beach.

http://www.kula-ranch.com
blackmoon
Where do you find info on if any tickets left for the corral?
montoya 73 2.0
Never gone to this event, thinking about going since im close enough. Jim Hoyland, pm me on info!
wes
QUOTE(blackmoon @ Aug 13 2015, 10:04 AM) *

The corral has been sold out however you can get on a waiting list though I wonder what the likelihood of more room opening up!
I must say it is quite amazing to me that at a Porsche only event the Porsche Corral parking would not have enough tickets to buy at this point being over a month away.
carreraguy
QUOTE(wes @ Aug 13 2015, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(blackmoon @ Aug 13 2015, 10:04 AM) *

The corral has been sold out however you can get on a waiting list though I wonder what the likelihood of more room opening up!
I must say it is quite amazing to me that at a Porsche only event the Porsche Corral parking would not have enough tickets to buy at this point being over a month away.

For the 2011 Rennsport IV at Laguna Seca, they used all the area in Green Lots 3 and 4 for the Porsche Corral (see attached layout) - that's a lot of parking!
My guess is they just didn't have enough room; they may open up more dedicated Porsche corral space but I wouldn't bet on it.
Between you and me, I'm not driving my 914 or Cayman - I can't handle the heavy clutch in the Teener for the long traffic jam drive home to San Jose (plus the lot closed before I could even sign up for it).
Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Here's a short video of the Green parking lot at the last Rennsport. It starts near #3 of the green section (see map in previous post) and swings up to green #4. In the distance you can see a whole bunch of cars parked in the Blue #4 section. As I recall there were about 800 Porsches in the green section and another 500 in the blue section ... and they still ran out of reserved spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXz5aT99NM8
biosurfer1
If you're just going to spectate, do you have to buy tickets?

I actually went to the last one at Laguna Seca but honestly don't recall buying tickets?
wes
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 13 2015, 08:35 PM) *

I actually went to the last one at Laguna Seca but honestly don't recall buying tickets?

Just Google in Rennsport tickets or Mazda Raceway tickets, strip mall car shows are still free though!
naro914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 13 2015, 11:35 PM) *

Yes

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/porsche-rennsport-reunion-v

jim_hoyland
If you are a passenger, I think it's $20
naro914
depends on the day you want to go, but tickets are per person...

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/main/fil...ap_5.3.15_1.pdf

VegasRacer
Parade laps are available for $25. fuchia914.jpg
Go here to sign up. https://web.pca.org/index.cfm?event=laptickets.laptickets
Better do it fast. They will all be sold out quickly. Only 100 per day available.
Eric_Shea
I'll have a 10x20 tent/booth there. We can hook up there. Last time we all tried to meet it was in the beer garden and kinda loose.

Stop by and say hi. wavey.gif
naro914
so one of the awesome things about this event is that Nadine and I going to get to meet all these 914 people that I know as just avatars and usernames on 914World!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!! beerchug.gif
Ferg
Getting closer, I just scored a deal on airfare so flying instead of driving, or riding on transport piratenanner.gif

I'm sure I will find Shea and a few others, much of my time will be in the pits helping out some friends. Look for the big Red toterhome with a plain white stacking trailer as seen in the pic, and these two cars, along with others...

Come say Hi for sure!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Dominic
Hope to see some other 914's in the corral...we only had seven cars at the Werks Reunion sad.gif
wes
Corral is sold out but if enough people request I was told they may add space, Im on the list.
campbellcj
I got my tix the other day, woohoo! I'm leaning towards driving my truck since I'm camping in the dirt for 3 days. If I bring the 911 it will need a full detail after that.

IPB Image by Chris Campbell, on Flickr
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 18 2015, 09:49 AM) *

I'll have a 10x20 tent/booth there. We can hook up there. Last time we all tried to meet it was in the beer garden and kinda loose.

Stop by and say hi. wavey.gif

I'll visit your booth Eric, are you setting up early on Wed ?
wes
Received a call from Laguna Seca regarding corral parking as I was put on a over flow list and they are expanding the corral so would like to know how many of each Porsche model and years will be parking for the plan. If you haven't bought your corral space call them and get on The list. Phone # at the ticket office is (831) 242-8200 they expect to make the revised plan by Monday or Tuesday so do it soon, and remember the more the marier!
914-300Hemi
I received my tickets last week for paddock parking. Now I need to decide if I want to drive the 914 or one of my other cars.

Are there any drives planned?
Maltese Falcon
Porsche thought that 1,200 corral spaces would do, but more new spaces means more Porsches .
Renn 5 is going to be epic biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 28 2015, 07:42 PM) *

Porsche thought that 1,200 corral spaces would do, but more new spaces means more Porsches .
Renn 5 is going to be epic biggrin.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

I just hope to make it now! Having tough times at work... and neither 914 is 100%.
dlkawashima
I received my passes and green corral parking yesterday, and it looks like they're going to put us in the same section as the last Rennsport, along with the 912s.
It's one of the closest spots you can get to the paddock ... green #3 in the map below.
Click to view attachment
MJHanna
All you CA people make me mad. I'm still waiting for the tickets and corral pass to get here. It looks like the 914 will be ready to take a cross country tour as a six. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif
jeffdon
Still waiting on my pass, and I am in CA!
Dominic
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Sep 1 2015, 11:30 AM) *

Still waiting on my pass, and I am in CA!

I just got my tickets and corral pass the other day. See you guys there!

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Got my corral and Rev Limiter Zone tickets today too...
EdwardBlume
Got my Paddock w/ Corral, Paddock, and 3 day full hook up camping above turn 5. Not I just have to figure out if I can go.... sad.gif
Alphaogre
Has anyone found a list or any information of all the Historic Drivers that will be at the event?

I know in the past they have had autograph sessions, but the only thing I can find is Hurley Haywood, Derek Bell, and Brian Redman.
914_teener
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Sep 9 2015, 02:18 AM) *

Has anyone found a list or any information of all the Historic Drivers that will be at the event?

I know in the past they have had autograph sessions, but the only thing I can find is Hurley Haywood, Derek Bell, and Brian Redman.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/porsche-rennsport-reunion-v

Yes...they have been.

I am starting to get excited about going now.

I like watching from the top of the corkscrew or along the side by the bridge near the corkscrew. The group three was very exciting last time.

I see the Frank-Ginther car will be there.
biosurfer1
Jim, Are you still camping above the corkscrew the whole time? Just got tickets for my dad and I, but Friday only
jeffdon
Got my docs too. Just noticed hotel reservations are for the 24th through 26Th at the hojo in seaside. Thought I was doing 25-27, doh! Anyone else rolling in on the 24th?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Sep 11 2015, 06:20 PM) *

Got my docs too. Just noticed hotel reservations are for the 24th through 26Th at the hojo in seaside. Thought I was doing 25-27, doh! Anyone else rolling in on the 24th?

I'll be there the 24th. Will be driving up after an overnight stay in Cambria
jcd914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 11 2015, 08:47 AM) *

Jim, Are you still camping above the corkscrew the whole time? Just got tickets for my dad and I, but Friday only

Yes, I'll get there Thursday night or Friday morning.
I'll be in site CSV 605, stop in and vist.

Jim

campbellcj
I'll be camping at turn 5 this year, T5R225 I believe.
Ferg
I'm at the Holiday Inn Express in Seaside
Montreal914
Comfort Inn Monterey by the sea on Munras.
Leaving L.A. area Thursday at lunch time and driving up the coast, topless of course driving.gif
Looking forward to it chowtime.gif
biosurfer1
I'll be in Aptos Thursday by dinner if anyone is around.
Alphaogre
I'm camping between turn 9 and 10! Going to leave from San Diego wed night to avoid LA traffic, prob make it to the track Thursday.
EdwardBlume
I'm not bringing a 914 unfortunately. I'm driving the DP if its not sold by then. Anyone want to upgrade from Paddock pass to Coral? Just pay the difference?
jeffdon
Oh, hells bells. I am at the hojo in Marina, not seaside. Anyone staying there?
naro914
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Sep 13 2015, 10:34 PM) *

Oh, hells bells. I am at the hojo in Marina, not seaside. Anyone staying there?

We are...and I think a bunch here are too.
Looking forward to it, but got a lot to do before then...just got back from SCCA hillclimb (where Nadine and I finished 1-2 in class with Huey!!), need to get him back to street clothes and cleaned up and get everything together for Okteenerfest this weekend!!

Can't wait for RR to RELAX!
wes
I'm at Hojos in marina on the 24th and yes I'm quit sure there will be a number of us there. Believe it's in the early part of this thread!
Montreal914
Car is all packed and ready to go smile.gif

Tomorrow 12:00, we leave L.A. and drive along the coast all the way up driving.gif

Hope to meet some of you and beerchug.gif

Have a great Rennsport everyone.

Click to view attachment
Michael N
My car got a wash and wax and a few other details taken care of today. It is ready for Friday. Tomorrow I need to make sure the Bumblebee will start and check fuilds so Kathy can drive it as well.

My friend set up his race rigs today and told me that it is already very busy at Laguna
Seca. I am excited for this epic event.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.