Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport V
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
914_teener
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 18 2014, 07:25 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 18 2014, 05:04 AM) *

It depends. If you want a paddock pass its more. If you want to just sit in the stands, less.

I would highly recommend the paddock pass.

Do we pre-order paddock passes or stand seating ?

Jim,

Get the Paddock Pass. The tickets will be sold through the track....at least they were last time. It is a big track and there are so many different ways to see the track you won't want to sit in the stands.

There is a hell of a lot to see and do...so do all three days if you can.

There was a beirgarten at the top of the corkscrew...good times. We hung out near the top of the corkscrew. You can see the whole track from the top of the hill.

That's my suggestion. I was really fun last time. Hope to see everyone there.

GeorgeRud
I seem to remember that the ticket got you into everything without a desperate paddock pass last time. I still remember that Porsche had Cayannes taking people up to the corkscrew from the paddock last time - much better than trying to climb that hill.
wes
agree.gif
EdwardBlume
Some picts from the paddock... 2011
EdwardBlume
more
EdwardBlume
type.gif
EdwardBlume
beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
beer3.gif
EdwardBlume
smile.gif
EdwardBlume
chowtime.gif
EdwardBlume
cheer.gif
EdwardBlume
drooley.gif
EdwardBlume
shades.gif
EdwardBlume
first.gif
EdwardBlume
bye1.gif
ClayPerrine
We just made reservations for a hotel for the event.

It is the HoJo in Marina.

This is going to be sooooooooooooo Cool!!!!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 19 2014, 11:55 AM) *

Looks like a 914 party at the HoJo!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 19 2014, 12:36 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 19 2014, 11:55 AM) *

Looks like a 914 party at the HoJo!

I'm going to switch mine over to HoJo too
JStroud
Since mine is 2 blocks from the beach and has automatic gates.........................and is Free, I'll stay where I'm at shades.gif but I'll visit.

The place I'm staying has a large parking area and a big patio area, I'll have to talk to the owner, maybe if they're not going to be there we could have a BBQ there one evening. I'll find out.

Jeff
liebe
QUOTE(JStroud @ Oct 19 2014, 11:12 PM) *

Since mine is 2 blocks from the beach and has automatic gates.........................and is Free, I'll stay where I'm at shades.gif but I'll visit.

The place I'm staying has a large parking area and a big patio area, I'll have to talk to the owner, maybe if they're not going to be there we could have a BBQ there one evening. I'll find out.

Jeff

I attended the last one, booked late and paid dearly for it, basucally did every thing late, and was lucky enough to be able to meet many guys from the early s and from here too.

If i recall, there was corral for the 914,s many nice ones parked, hope to see them and more againg.

For any one who has not attended any of the events, you will have a ball, and 3 days is not enough, to many things and cars, and people too see.

I booked at the Hyatt lucky enough i was sent a heads up 2 weeks ago, but even then may hotels where not taken resv that time ahead.

Hope to see all there !
ClayPerrine
Unless something changes in the next year, we will be flying in and driving a rent-a-slug. It is a long trip in a 914. We would do it, but October is a bad time at Betty's work, so she can't take that much time off. And I can't drive that far alone.

GeorgeRud
We're paying the premium to stay at the Homewood Suites in Seaside. Very convenient to both the track, and to Monterey and Carmel. I think my wife will find another way to spend her days out there rather than all day at the racetrack, and those places will keep her busy.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 19 2014, 08:49 PM) *

I think my wife will find another way to spend her days out there rather than all day at the racetrack, and those places will keep her busy.

And keep your bank account empty.... poke.gif
Manny Alban
This year I'm buying a poster on day 1. Last time the line for posters was really long and I told myself "I'll wait until Saturday to buy one"....they were gone by the time I went to buy one. It's the only poster in the RR series I'm missing. I had the RR3 poster signed by a bunch of drivers...just can't read the majority of the signatures.
jeffdon
Booked at the Marina HoJo! Thurs - Sat. Good deal compared to other hotels in the area. Looks like some price gouging going on.

Rennsport IV was amazing. So many cool cars to see, I was running around like a 6 year old on a sugar rush.
EdwardBlume
I just booked a full hookup site in Can Am this AM.
MoveQik
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 3 2014, 12:43 PM) *

The only way this will happen is if I make it a family affair in the RV. Do you have a link to the park you booked at?
Michael N
Thanks for the reminder Rob on the campsite. I do have a reservation at the Monterey Spa near the wharf but I think that my budget is more camping than spa. I will be in the Grand Prix campground # 116 for the weekend with Nolan my son. I had to book Grand Prix as I will pack the tent and sleeping bags in the 914 for the weekend and only Grand Prix allows tents with stakes.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Dec 3 2014, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 3 2014, 12:43 PM) *

The only way this will happen is if I make it a family affair in the RV. Do you have a link to the park you booked at?

Call (831) 242-8200 opt 1 between 8-5 and see what's left! Laguna Seca Raceway!
VegasRacer
Tickets and corral passes are now available. cheer.gif
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/mrls/EN/buy/quickbuy/223
siverson
It appears the Hojo Marina is sold out now.

I just booked the Carmel Lodge (20 minutes from Laguna Seca).

-Steve
EdwardBlume
I was caller #3 at 8AM this morning getting an RV site. By 10AM, I called back and was #93 in line....

This is going to be a great event!
pisces914
hey guys - i was on hold #97 at 9:00 a.m. on 12/3 - i spoke with the tix folks - the corrals and camping will be the first to go - also, if you sign up for a corral, you must bring that model car or you will not be allowed at your paid for corral or for corral for the model you brought - according to the tix folks, you can change your model, but you must do this at least 8 weeks prior to the event - a word to the wise, get your tix now!!!

brad in seattle
ClayPerrine
Betty and I bought our tickets this morning. We got the GA + Paddock, and the Rev Limiter zone. I can't wait to hear a 917 pass by at full song!!! drooley.gif

We started looking at airfare, and I had a brilliant idea. Fly into Ontario and get Slits to rent me a 914 for the weekend. But Betty said it would probably break down and I would spend my vacation fixing it, and Slits would get it back better than when he rented it to me. poke.gif So no 914 rentals or car corral for us. sad.gif

Any suggestions on airports? We are Texans, and a short trip here is anything under 3 hours. So a trip from the LA or Reno areas is easily doable for us.

Alphaogre
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 3 2014, 08:29 PM) *

I was caller #3 at 8AM this morning getting an RV site. By 10AM, I called back and was #93 in line....

This is going to be a great event!

Where did you call for the RV camping? I can seem to find the number? Looking to bring a 40foot 5th wheel...
EdwardBlume
Mazda Raceway tickets. (831) 242-8200
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(pisces914 @ Dec 4 2014, 06:39 PM) *

hey guys - i was on hold #97 at 9:00 a.m. on 12/3 - i spoke with the tix folks - the corrals and camping will be the first to go - also, if you sign up for a corral, you must bring that model car or you will not be allowed at your paid for corral or for corral for the model you brought - according to the tix folks, you can change your model, but you must do this at least 8 weeks prior to the event - a word to the wise, get your tix now!!!

brad in seattle

Thx. Will do.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 7 2014, 08:52 AM) *

Betty and I bought our tickets this morning. We got the GA + Paddock, and the Rev Limiter zone. I can't wait to hear a 917 pass by at full song!!! drooley.gif

We started looking at airfare, and I had a brilliant idea. Fly into Ontario and get Slits to rent me a 914 for the weekend. But Betty said it would probably break down and I would spend my vacation fixing it, and Slits would get it back better than when he rented it to me. poke.gif So no 914 rentals or car corral for us. sad.gif

Any suggestions on airports? We are Texans, and a short trip here is anything under 3 hours. So a trip from the LA or Reno areas is easily doable for us.

Clay,
LAX by car to Monterey is approx. 8 hours up the 101 or 5, into Salinas/ Laguna Seca area. More time if traffic, even more time if taking scenic routes.
How about direct flight to Monterey Airport?
Marty
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 3 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Do I only need to buy the $130.00 Gen Adm and 914 coral ? Does this include parking and admission for guest ?
pisces914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 7 2014, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 3 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Do I only need to buy the $130.00 Gen Adm and 914 coral ? Does this include parking and admission for guest ?

from what i understand, that includes general admission for one and parking - the guest will need to get another general admission ticket, which will be $20 more at the event - hope this helps - bbk
dlkawashima
Got my order in today. I bought the 3-day pass with Porsche Corral, and also the Rev Limiter Zone passes. My computer sort of freaked out just as I was confirming the purchase, so I called in to be sure everything went through okay. The ticket agent told me there were only seven 914s signed up for the corral so far. She said they hadn't decided yet where the cars would be stationed ... it probably depends on how many of each model sign up for the corral.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 7 2014, 02:43 PM) *

Clay,
LAX by car to Monterey is approx. 8 hours up the 101 or 5, into Salinas/ Laguna Seca area. More time if traffic, even more time if taking scenic routes.
Marty

Marty,

8 hours is not what google maps said, but you live there and I don't so I will take your word for it.

Flights into Monterrey will be at a premium price, and there will be a high demand for rental cars too. If we fly into LA or SFO or Sacramento, that won't be as bad. And 8 hours driving is not a problem for us. Where I live, 8 hours driving gets you to Amarillo, which is 1/3 of the way to LA, and you don't even get out of the state. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 9 2014, 04:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 7 2014, 02:43 PM) *

Clay,
Marty

Marty,

8 hours is not what google maps said, but you live there and I don't so I will take your word for it.

Flights into Monterrey will be at a premium price, and there will be a high demand for rental cars too. If we fly into LA or SFO or Sacramento, that won't be as bad. And 8 hours driving is not a problem for us. Where I live, 8 hours driving gets you to Amarillo, which is 1/3 of the way to LA, and you don't even get out of the state. biggrin.gif

SJC OAK and SFO are all 90 minutes from Laguna Seca. If you want some scenic CA, LAX or BUR 6-7 hrs with traffic.

My plans aren't set yet, but I might be able to give you a lift in the diesel pusher. I will also have to figure out how to get the ABM or Dads car to the corral.
EdwardBlume
Check your confirmations!

I just saw that I'm signed up for passes and the 914 corral at the AMA motorcycle event. My camping site better be right though!
naro914
Would love to have a car there, but logistically getting from NC to there is impossible.
Guess we'll have to rent some econobox... sad.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 9 2014, 10:01 AM) *

Would love to have a car there, but logistically getting from NC to there is impossible.
Guess we'll have to rent some econobox... sad.gif

Wimp..... We did 2 cars over two days to get to YOUR event. It's only 39 hours and 2468 miles one way. Huey could do that easy. biggrin.gif poke.gif

Contact Slits... he will rent you a 914. av-943.gif
naro914
I don't see you driving to Rennsport Mr Perrine... And you're halfway there already!!

It's the time I don't have. The weekend before is Petit LeMans, the weekend befor that is Okteenerfest....
GeorgeRud
We've flown into Monterey Airport several times. Fly into LAX and then a regional Jet into Monterey's airport (we passed directly over Laguna Seca on final approach).

However, we're planning on flying into the San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose area directly from Chicago as it's not that long of a drive to Monterey from there.

We enjoyed driving around the Monterey area during the Parade in my 914-6, but I was lucky enough to have it shipped out and back for us. I don't think I'd want to make that drive anymore.
JStroud
Finally remembered to get my tickets, all set up with a 3 day admission and paddock, parking in the 914 corral. Now I just need to get the 3.2 in and running. driving.gif
Alphaogre
Got the tickets, large rv camp space off turn 9 and a back up hotel reservations as back up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.