Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 "Esterle" Dash top GB -Level 2 discount availale until all orders filled $150 off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
sb914
Looks sweet,anyone else get there's?
crawler
I paid with paypal,I kind of lost track of my order.Hope I still have one coming.
crawler
It looks like I paid on Aug 10. I have know idea when this should ship.
Kansas 914
Have you asked?

I did and was told what number I was and the estimated ship date.
rick 918-S
These are hand made. Mark is getting these out as quickly as they can make them.
crawler
I will get it as soon as he gets it finished. I do not need it until about May, so he can take his time. Just don't foget about me.
76-914
Would you guys like to see some more pic's of mine to tide ya over till yours arrives? hide.gif stirthepot.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 19 2015, 09:37 PM) *

Would you guys like to see some more pic's of mine to tide ya over till yours arrives? hide.gif stirthepot.gif

popcorn[1].gif
sb914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 19 2015, 07:37 PM) *

Hey kent bootyshake.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(crawler @ Oct 19 2015, 11:44 AM) *

I paid with paypal,I kind of lost track of my order.Hope I still have one coming.

Drop me your name I can check where we at with yours.
Mikey914
We've finally been able to get some better efficiency in making these. Refining the process.
Went from 6 last week
Mikey914
To 14 this week piratenanner.gif
sb914
Wow: beer3.gif seven
euro911
Well, when the most perfect one comes off the line, you can ship it to me happy11.gif
shelby/914
Do we get a notification when it is shipped? Don't want to leave a big box sitting on the porch if I'm going to be out of town. Would have someone stop by to check for it.

Dan
rick 918-S
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Oct 20 2015, 04:32 PM) *

Do we get a notification when it is shipped? Don't want to leave a big box sitting on the porch if I'm going to be out of town. Would have someone stop by to check for it.

Dan

Yes, Just got an email !!!! dance.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Oct 20 2015, 02:32 PM) *

Dan

Our fedex account we have set up to notify the email provided for the shipping, and any exception so if they try to deliver and you are not there you know.
Mark
Yahmann
The DASH arrived yesterday (Friday) and I installed it this afternoon (Sat). The quality and finish is perfect. No major issues on the installation. I used metal nuts as apposed to the plastic that are used on OEM. The 2 studs behind the gauges were a bit difficult to get started. I finally put the nut in place and then put the dash in place and the studs were in the right alignment with the nuts, I pushed from the top and threaded them - took a while to figure a solution. The rest was straight forward.

Looks fantastic and I am very happy. Money well spent.
76-914
re: starting those 2 nuts.

Take a thin strip (18-22ga appx 1"x4") of metal and drive a nail thru it about 1/2" from the end. The nail hole leaves a cone shape that helps center the nut. Place the nut on top of the ^ and slip the nut in place. Rotate the nut with the end of a screwdriver or ice pick while pushing up on the nut with the metal strip. Takes about 2 min's this way. You can spread the area just a bit if the gap or space (that the nut slips into) is uneven.
Mikey914
We've started tapering the studs to make the nuts easier to start. Also included are the nuts. It seems the metal nuts are easier to install.
Mark
rfinegan
Just got the email today, Looks like one of them above is going to my house...

Thanks Mark
A&P Mech
I also received an e-mail. piratenanner.gif It looks like I will have mine by Friday. Thanks Mark!!!! pray.gif
sb914
Me to , aktion035.gif Friday
rick 918-S
Received mine yesterday! This is the most exciting achievement in parts reproduction our cars could receive. I hope you all realize how important this part is for all of us. Since I developed my first dash crack over the winter several years ago I have been hunting down parts cars and stripping the un-cracked dash pads out of them. I changed three of them. I had a perfect pad in 7 of 9 for one winter storage. I found it cracked this spring. I installed my last dash the week I sold the car. there are two kinds of 914 dash pads. Ones that are cracked and ones that will crack. We now have an option instead of staring at that crack wondering how long it will be before another one comes along... sawzall-smiley.gif

Very happy!
Kansas 914
Awesome!

Still waiting for the install video...

popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
Needed to post an update.
We are shipped on our 1st 1/3 of the dashes, we would have been at least 2/3 done, but we sped up the process and a major time issue is the cure time. We were up to 3 a day unfortunately when we pulled them early, the force required to de-mold these caused a separation internally. The defect wasn't noticeable until it sat for about 24 hrs. As we packed and shipped right away we got about a dozen out that were defective. We have replaced these and are back on the production. I will update the list tuesday after we ship this next batch and drop emails to all with the anticipated delivery time for each. We had initially hoped this was an isolated incident but found they were pretty consistent.
We have been able to remedy the situation and get the production back up to 7-10 a week, but that's the best we will be able to do.

Thanks to all for your patience.
Mark
rmdinmd
I am sure they will be well worth the wait. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Those that have received them have been pretty happy so far. We will keep it that way, that's why once our issue was discovered we worked to correct I and re ship as quickly as possible.
lonewolfe
How do we know if we have a defective dash pad? I won't be installing mine for several months.
euro911
Mark, PM, email or call me when you get around to thinking about shipping my order ... I want to add a new gas pedal to the order (and possibly a few additional (small) items biggrin.gif
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(rmdinmd @ Nov 14 2015, 03:23 PM) *

I am sure they will be well worth the wait. biggrin.gif

agree.gif
EdwardBlume
Can't wait to install mine..... Dad's car needs some love....
GregAmy
Anyone have installation tips on these? Don't need details, I can see where the fasteners are. Just looking for some tips and tricks on getting to some of the fasteners.

Not in a rush, 914 is about to get pickled for the CT winter.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 15 2015, 06:05 AM) *

Anyone have installation tips on these? Don't need details, I can see where the fasteners are. Just looking for some tips and tricks on getting to some of the fasteners.

Not in a rush, 914 is about to get pickled for the CT winter.

Its straight forward. 13MM plastic nuts you hope move by hand. You have to open everything up in front and follow the nuts all the way down the line. A couple tight areas that really suck....
jeffzm
would like to order dash for my 75. What's the correct process ? go to site or via p.m. ? also approx wait time.
Thx, Jeff
crawler
Thanks for the update.
rmdinmd
QUOTE(jeffzm @ Nov 16 2015, 09:51 AM) *

would like to order dash for my 75. What's the correct process ? go to site or via p.m. ? also approx wait time.
Thx, Jeff

website
Mikey914
You can pick one up on the site, it may be as much as 4 weeks before it can ship, but we have production going, with more dashes leaving tomorrow. And as promised tomorrow I will email all remaining with production dates.

The link I here.
http://shop.914rubber.com/Dash-top-New-com...r-now-914DT.htm
Mark
76-914
I received one of the first but I can't see any defects confused24.gif You guys need to get off the fence and buy these before the next price increase. As usual, Mark's product is superior to OEM. piratenanner.gif
Mikey914
We are getting the video shot this last Octeenerfest uploaded so the installation will be a little easier. I'll post a link when it's up as well as with the emails going out tonight.
Mark
Mikey914
Emails sent to all. Everyone should have the dash in time to have under the tree if that's where it's going.
Still working on getting the email up but should get up Wednesday. Link will be posted when up.
eric9144
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Video is also up for install. On a dedicated thread but here too -

https://www.facebook.com/914-Rubber-742771555844180/

GregAmy
I got mine in, quality piece. I'll be installing in sometime in the next few weeks, thanks a ton for the video! That actually motivates me to get it done, looks a LOT easier than I expected.

Side question: are the old dashes from these cars of any value to anyone? I imagine not but know some people are sticklers for original parts versus repros. I'm not looking to sell it - it's yours free - but if someone could use it then it could stay out of my landfill.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 23 2015, 06:08 AM) *

I got mine in, quality piece. I'll be installing in sometime in the next few weeks, thanks a ton for the video! That actually motivates me to get it done, looks a LOT easier than I expected.

Side question: are the old dashes from these cars of any value to anyone? I imagine not but know some people are sticklers for original parts versus repros. I'm not looking to sell it - it's yours free - but if someone could use it then it could stay out of my landfill.

If it's not cracked sure. But until now there were two kinds of 914 dash tops. Tops that are cracked and tops that will crack.
76-914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 23 2015, 04:08 AM) *

Side question: are the old dashes from these cars of any value to anyone? I imagine not but know some people are sticklers for original parts versus repros.

Apparently there is. Another player in the game. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=269952
GregAmy
Well, mine's cracked, of course; why else would I replace it?

If anyone wants mine let me know, I'm in Middletown CT.
crawler
I did not get a email,just checking to see if you got my order.I paid using paypal.
Mikey914
QUOTE(crawler @ Nov 23 2015, 12:17 PM) *

I did not get a email,just checking to see if you got my order.I paid using paypal.

PM me your last name or order number I can check. We did have a few that had placed orders but had not paid so they were not emailed. It was also after midnight when I was sending these so I may have assigned a date and though I emailed you. Either way I can check and get back to you.

It's another reason I stated emails sent to all, so if you didn't get one, you should contact me. A few were orders that didn't complete the transaction so payment was never received. We got those squared away, at least all we have heard from.

Thanks,
Mark
Mike Fitton
Any update on the dash shipping date?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.