Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
LeftCoastErik
Haha thanks. I get back Monday, so I'll probably be on it again Tuesday
matthepcat
What is your brake set up? Boxster?
LeftCoastErik
Yessir. Standard boxer
LeftCoastErik
OK, I have been slacking on updates. But work has been happening for sure.I got the battery cables all secured and terminated at the battery. Brake lines are made. Rear brakes and hubs are now installed (PITA).

The FML914 did strike again, however...the 911CVs I got were supposed to have everything needed to build my custom axles...well, they were missing the top plates that the boots secure to...guess what? they are NLA and nobody has a set.. So I had to buy a complete set of axles. Hooray..I have some nice, clean 108mm CVs if someone needs them...

The MSD is all installed, new wires are made and installed, distributor is indexed, she is ready to fire. Headers are out to get lengthened. I also got the cowl and washer holes filled.

Got the drivers side floor rust repaired and new seat pedestals and hinges welded in. Doing the passenger side pedestals today as well as the under-car seat rail reinforcements.

Modified the cluster to make the speedhut gauges work. Need to send it off for powdercoat along with some other small stuff this week.

Phew..more to come as things go together this week.
whitetwinturbo
There's a busy guy smash.gif welder.gif .....
matthepcat
Great work....Yes the rear swing arm bearing/brake assembly is a big PITA.

I would like to hear about what adapter kit you used for the 4 wheel boxster brake set-up.
LeftCoastErik
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jun 29 2015, 11:58 AM) *

Great work....Yes the rear swing arm bearing/brake assembly is a big PITA.

I would like to hear about what adapter kit you used for the 4 wheel boxster brake set-up.

Rich Johnson (a914guy) sells a package. I opted to go that way rather than reinventing the wheel. He does a killer job. Everything came perfect and powdercoated. Great tech support too.
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif those brakes.....
sixnotfour
Well since you got that 914 all fuch'd up..go the extra mile..MonoWiper.. aktion035.gif
whitetwinturbo
type.gif where on he internet do you get that kit?
sixnotfour
I have done two...modified stock wiper assembly..arm is two cut and welded..all 914
If I did another , I would use a marine wiper motor adjustable sweep and no work..
Its Fun having it straight up for speed... driving.gif
matthepcat
What do you plan to do for an ebrake?
LeftCoastErik
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jun 29 2015, 03:05 PM) *

Boxster ebrake
LeftCoastErik
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Jun 29 2015, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jun 29 2015, 03:05 PM) *

Boxster ebrake

Like this
whitetwinturbo
Nice sunglasses.gif
LeftCoastErik
Porsche 914 with 215 buick and MSD Atomic fuel inj: https://youtu.be/JaSQza537a8

It's alive! Fired on the first keystroke. Set the timing then unlocked and let the MSD Atomic take over. I used some magna flow mufflers I had sitting here. Sounds mean
Chris H.
Congrats Erik. Great job. That thing is really shaping up. Magnaflows are awesome. I plan to use one big one on my EG33 phase 2 setup width wise 2 in 2 out.
whitetwinturbo
Way to go piratenanner.gif

Time to add a video with sound 340.gif
LeftCoastErik
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Jul 2 2015, 07:35 PM) *

Way to go piratenanner.gif

Time to add a video with sound 340.gif

Has sound for me?
Mueller
Dang....that sounds sweet!

Great job!
mgp4591
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 2 2015, 05:41 PM) *

Congrats Erik. Great job. That thing is really shaping up. Magnaflows are awesome. I plan to use one big one on my EG33 phase 2 setup width wise 2 in 2 out.

Chris, I was originally going to go transverse also but with my trans there's really not enough room out back to do it. Do you have enough room back there because I'd really like to see it- I think it's the cool setup! My overall system is gonna be pretty wild when it's done tho. Now I just gotta get back on my feet... and I'm working on it! driving.gif
Chris H.
I haven't started that project yet, still working on Phase 1. I do know of a nice setup I'd like to do mine similar to (smaller pipes for me).

This is speed_metal_army's car:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

You have to remove the heat shield at the back of the car if yours is still in place, and then it's a tight fit turned sideways. I've also seen some where the muffler hangs down just a bit below the valance but painted black it would be almost invisible.
JRust
Sounds great bud! Get to drive it yet?
LeftCoastErik
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 3 2015, 07:55 AM) *

Sounds great bud! Get to drive it yet?

Minor issue with the rear hubs. Should be on the ground again sometime next week. Need to assemble the dash, wire gauges and prep for the wrap. It gets wrapped on the 22nd.
LeftCoastErik
Got my decklid from QRS. Fits pretty well out of the box
LeftCoastErik
And Tony finished my double stitched dash pad
whitetwinturbo
Dash looks great!
LeftCoastErik
Upside down but cool..damn posting from the phone!
Shadowfax
Engine sounds great. Dash looks good too. You are making terrific progress. smilie_pokal.gif
howlndog
What you have accomplished in a few weeks is seriously impressive. I can't wait to see it rolling again.
LeftCoastErik
https://instagram.com/p/4z8KEPj-2k/

Did this among other stuff today. Previous repair, prob 20 years ago, had the car folded the wrong way. I thought I could live with it but that 5/8" gap at the top of the drivers door was killing me. So we cut the car in half..it's awesome now!
whitetwinturbo
Eric is getting jiggy with the sawzall-smiley.gif
itchybro
Would the Shelby "Mini Europa" rims fit stock 914 hubs and where on earth would one find some if they did?
LeftCoastErik
QUOTE(itchybro @ Jul 7 2015, 01:06 PM) *

Would the Shelby "Mini Europa" rims fit stock 914 hubs and where on earth would one find some if they did?

They were on the car with the 4 bolt setup.
itchybro
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Jul 6 2015, 10:17 PM) *

https://instagram.com/p/4z8KEPj-2k/

Did this among other stuff today. Previous repair, prob 20 years ago, had the car folded the wrong way. I thought I could live with it but that 5/8" gap at the top of the drivers door was killing me. So we cut the car in half..it's awesome now!

You're my "Great American of the week" sir!
Mueller
The progress on this car is amazing....I think I will be visiting you again in the near future for a ride!
LeftCoastErik
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 8 2015, 01:22 PM) *

The progress on this car is amazing....I think I will be visiting you again in the near future for a ride!

Anytime!
LeftCoastErik
Got a lot done so far this week. My body guy, Brian is coming over tomorrow to smooth everything out. I made a new dash top piece on the same material as the dash top and bottom and installed that with new foam. Found what appears to be an original signature on the dash.
Had to make extensions for the front fenders as they were too short..
whitetwinturbo
So nice!
LeftCoastErik
Mud work and other exciting stuff going down today!
LeftCoastErik
Man, things are happening quickly! Brian was by on Friday and we basically trimmed all the fiberglass panels and gapped the car, molded the bottoms of the extended fenders to fit the rockers, bodyworked the whole car and knocked it down to 220 grit. I'm doing some small cleanup work and then 320 so its nice and smooth for the wrap.

Got the gauges installed and verified they work. They look awesome in the car! This week I have Bret helping again, so we can get the dash buttoned up and the bottom pad on. Well do the carpet and thresholds, figure out a mounting solution for the rockers and fenders and get the rear hubs and brakes installed (assuming I get the darned hubs) It gets wrapped next tuesday and we should be test driving by wednesday!

whitetwinturbo
Down and dirty piratenanner.gif
LeftCoastErik
Got a bunch done this week. Unfortunately fedex decided that my hubs needed to get delayed so it still isn't driving. But we got the led headlights and led fogs installed and working. Lowered the front. Got all the trim pieces painted flat black. Painted the thresholds with black bedliner. Replaced the hazard switch. Fixed the wiring for the headlights and fogs. Etc. I'm heading out for the weekend so Tuesday well be installing hubs and bleeding brakes while the car is getting wrapped.
whitetwinturbo
OOOOOOOOOOOh that lighting stirthepot.gif...like that white shift knob too.
Andyrew
Your progress makes us look bad!!
LeftCoastErik
Thanks guys. The light seems pretty impressive I can't wait to see it at night. The white knob is probably temporary but it does have the Ford Toploader pattern on it which matches this modified trans
Chris H.
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 17 2015, 12:09 AM) *

Your progress makes us look bad!!

agree.gif It's like fast forward!
LeftCoastErik
I am talking with Stepan at gts seats. Debating on the Lemans or the Watkins Glen seats. He sent me a bitchin pic of a matching plaid and a copper colored houndstooth for the seat centers. Any opinions on one seat or the other?
LeftCoastErik
I am leaning toward the lower left plaid or that copper houndstooth. Thoughts? The seats are close to these ST seats but they have an integrated headrest
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Jul 17 2015, 08:34 AM) *

I am leaning toward the lower left plaid or that copper houndstooth. Thoughts? The seats are close to these ST seats but they have an integrated headrest

All way too cool for school.... smoke.gif ......... reminds me of 928 "Pasha"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.