Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bringing Back The Dead
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
matthepcat
Houndstooth all the way.
LeftCoastErik
Got back from vacation at noon. At 3 I drove it.it's still learning but it's pretty crisp. Rich's boxster brakes are killer. Stay tuned. Alot happenING this week
Cairo94507
Those houndstooth seats are perfect. Like the lights too. Sent you a PM.
LeftCoastErik
Wrapping is happenin! It's really starting to look good. Got the wheel and quick connect hub installed and my shifter boot. Should be finished up tomorrow so I can start putting it back together
Chris H.
Fastest...build....ever.....

And it's pretty much a full-on resto. Nice work Erik beerchug.gif .
whitetwinturbo
LOVE the "wrap" wub.gif
Andyrew
Awesome!
mgp4591
Great work, fast and looking good! Only one complaint- my neck is getting sore from the sideways angles of your pictures! blink.gif
LeftCoastErik
Well, its a WRAP! Here are some pics of John and his helper from Wolf Vinyl doing their thing as well as my buddy Tony Gomes fro Tri-Valley Auto Glass and Upholstery stabbing the windshield. Finally some color shots out in the sun too!
LeftCoastErik
Here are a few more! Now with black bullet-style mirrors
matthepcat
smilie_pokal.gif

Fantastic. Can't wait to see it out at a local event soon.
Cairo94507
Wow, that looks really nice. If you don't mind can you give us an idea what it cost to wrap a tiny little 914?
Chris H.
Nailed it smilie_pokal.gif !
LeftCoastErik
Thanks guys! The wrap depends alot on material choice. The vinyl for mine was like $600. Figure on $1500-$2000 in labor. It took John and a helper two 8 hour days and then John another 12hour day to finish it.
whitetwinturbo
Those mirrors are WAY cool too popcorn[1].gif
LeftCoastErik
The mirrors work on the car and look awesome. You can't see shit out of them though...I am going to add some convex stick on mirrors in hopes that that gives me some visibility, especially for the track.
JRust
You make me icon8.gif

How in the hell did you get this all done so fast confused24.gif . We really have rules here about how long this stuff takes. That looks like at least 18 months to me. Damned if I can remember ever even seeing it on jackstands WTF.gif

Really amazed at the amount you accomplished in such a short time. pray.gif Nice job doesn't do it justice. Great work & speedy too beer.gif
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Jul 28 2015, 09:17 AM) *

The mirrors work on the car and look awesome. You can't see shit out of them though...I am going to add some convex stick on mirrors in hopes that that gives me some visibility, especially for the track.

If you are always in front you don't need no stinkin mirrors aktion035.gif
LeftCoastErik
Thanks man! I took delivery in May, so a couple of months of thrashing every day/night, plus I had one of my guys come work at the house for about 3 weeks, so that helped. I still have a bunch to do to it, but at least it looks like a car again and its damned fun to drive.
I get a little OCD when I get a project rolling, and patience is not one of my virtues.
LeftCoastErik
Its Official....Click to view attachment
LeftCoastErik
Well it was 100degrees here today so I stress tested the car in stop and go traffic. EFI read 207 gauges read 190 max on the cool side. I couldn't be happier!
A I got a new iPhone 6+. So my pics should be better.
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Jul 28 2015, 09:46 PM) *

Well it was 100degrees here today so I stress tested the car in stop and go traffic. EFI read 207 gauges read 190 max on the cool side. I couldn't be happier!
A I got a new iPhone 6+. So my pics should be better.

:toke:WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
whitetwinturbo
Here's a wanna be ..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281761070453

Click to view attachment
LeftCoastErik
Got the altitude adjusted today after I got some shorter rear springs. Now I have adjustment! Set up the elephant racing bump steer kit and she's ready for alignment

This is also a test of the iPhone photo upload. Hopefully the pic is correctly oriented
KELTY360
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
mepstein
Great job on the build!

smilie_pokal.gif
LeftCoastErik
Thanks! Mepstein you are in my old hood. Born and raised in Newark. Went toUofD
whitetwinturbo
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif you are so the man.
That wrap is a wrap .
eric9144
Damn, that was fast indeed, congratulations! beerchug.gif

Now you're going to have to take it all apart and put it up on jack stands if you're going to fit in around here poke.gif
ndfrigi
Wow less than 3mos! Congratulation and Good Job! Beautiful Beast!
LeftCoastErik
Thanks guys, still lots of work to do, but its turning out pretty nice. I have to keep reminding myself that many of the body parts are race fiberglass, so stuff just doesn't fit as well as I would like. But I am getting used to it.

I did wake up in the middle of the night with a an idea for a better personalized plate..and it was available...

BADPNNY
LeftCoastErik
Super cute!!! And a 40lb savings on the nose of the car!!
LeftCoastErik
Ok I give up. The first pic from the iPhone posted with the correct orientation. This one is sideways again
LeftCoastErik
Got my door panels back from Tony today. I used the 914rubber.com fiberglass kit but used the vinyl that we put on the dash for the top and threw in the double stitch to pull it all together
LeftCoastErik
Trying something else. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Looks great. I have to check out these new fangled batteries.

Regarding your pics, if you have the images on your computer, rotate them in Preview if on a Mac or in a free editor like Gimp or Irfanview if on a PC.

If your images are still on your iphone, try this:
1. bring up the image
2. click Edit on the upper right
3. click the crop/rotate symbol on the bottom left (next to Cancel)
4. click the rotate button above Cancel to turn the image to the proper orientation
5. click Done

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
LeftCoastErik
I know how to rotate images. And I don't take pics with the phone rotated. They are correctly oriented on my phone and when I post to Instagram or Facebook. Also when emailed. That's why it's so frustrating only seems to happen on this site
LeftCoastErik
Also if you click on my sideways image it opens correctly oriented
LeftCoastErik
Well I put about 100 miles on the car this weekend, mostly with my 3-year old daughter in the car seat next to me, so that was cool. The car did, of course, break on me, about 1/4 mile from the house. After 2 hours of messing with it, I discovered that the set screw for the adjustable rotor (that you have to run with the MSD/Timing Control) had vibrated loose. I guess 15 degrees ATDC is no bueno for starting...Got that fixed and to the house, disassemble and re-assembled with loctite and now I just need to retime it. I also got my Patrick Motorsports rear valence panel so I need to fit that, cut some holes for the exhaust and wrap it before install. It really finishes the rear of the car.
LeftCoastErik
Working on the Patrick Motorsports rear valence and exhaust tipsClick to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Jul 30 2015, 09:47 PM) *

Thanks! Mepstein you are in my old hood. Born and raised in Newark. Went toUofD

My wife and I lived in Newark for about 10 years and both went to UD. We still work in Newark but live just over the border in PA.

914's are a rare sight around here.
whitetwinturbo
Wow..............that coppertone stitching on the door panels clap56.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Jul 31 2015, 04:41 PM) *

I know how to rotate images. And I don't take pics with the phone rotated. They are correctly oriented on my phone and when I post to Instagram or Facebook. Also when emailed. That's why it's so frustrating only seems to happen on this site

Just trying to help you sort out the problem ... you won't be frustrated if you follow the simple guide below. Or don't, no skin off my nose.

IPB Image
LeftCoastErik
Thanks Dave. I typically shoot with the phone as shown in example 3. Which is apparently incorrect. And yet it works sometimes, and still only has an issue on this forum. I am no less confused about the issue but I'll try it as shown in example 1 and see if it's consistently cool
Stacks914
WOW nice!!
LeftCoastErik
Got the rear valence on and wrapped last night. Did the exhaust tips too. Trying the correct photo method per dave
LeftCoastErik
Heading here tomorrow. Ronnie is a buddy and he gets around 100 cars there. It's a good time. Come on out!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
matthepcat
Looks cool, I will make it out.

Any euro cars show up? smile.gif
LeftCoastErik
Some. But now that I have one I hope to get more there
LeftCoastErik
Thanks Matt, Dave(hope I got that right) and Pam for coming out. Hope you had fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.