Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So cal drive thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
sb914
So I drive my car every weekend, and want to start doing some drives with you local guys. I can think of at least 20 of us within 15 miles,and 40 within 30 miles.with those numbers we should at least get two guys to show up poke.gif so meet up super early 5:30 -600 not much traffic,home by 11:00am before traffic. Click to view attachment 25 914s showed up if anyone wants a copy I'll get some.
Larmo63
Sounds good.
Socalandy
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 29 2015, 08:28 PM) *

Sounds good.

sounds cool, When and where??
ndfrigi
ooops edited my message. So it is sunday and sad I'm not available every sunday.
Why is it normally sunday that has this kind of gathering, like the G&R swap meet.

Steve
I'm game since my car is finally running,
914_teener
I'm in.

No time limits and Sunday sounds good.
siverson
I would like to, but can't this Sunday...

-Steve
abes914
i am in but not this sunday-i'll be working.
this assuming that my car will be running safely any time soon.
Blue6
Just let me know when and where....
ehokana
Once I get my car back up (hopefully by October) I'll be there!
sb914
Sweet. So what do you guys think? Ortega hwy, Santiago canyon,pch,Azusa.?
sb914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jul 29 2015, 08:54 PM) *

ooops edited my message. So it is sunday and sad I'm not available every sunday.
Why is it normally sunday that has this kind of gathering, like the G&R swap meet.

Saturday = kids=soccer, little league, etc.lots of guys work Saturdays, less traffic on Sunday mornings
76-914

ooops edited my message. So it is Sunday and sad I'm not available every Sunday.
Why is it normally Sunday that has this kind of gathering, like the G&R swap meet.

So as to not take away from Family events; e.g. Soccer, Baseball, Beach Outings; etc., etc.
I'm in for any runs near me. Otherwise, I'll work on my car. And I do as you do, Eddy. I get up early and hit the trails by myself. One other thing. If you leave it up to everyone to decide which route it will never happen. Like herding cats. Just pick one. Some will be able to make it, others won't. beerchug.gif
PS, This Sunday is a Hot one.
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 30 2015, 07:09 AM) *

Where the fuch you guys find these pics lol-2.gif
914_teener
Suggestions

Up for maybe Laguna Beach via Santiago or Newcombs Ranch for a cold beer.

Right now it is raining buckets up here....so we will see what happens to the road.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 30 2015, 06:55 AM) *

Saturday = kids=soccer, little league, etc.lots of guys work Saturdays, less traffic on Sunday mornings

Good morning Eddy, like what you have said and 76-914, family event is the priority and I support that. Maybe it is just my family that usually at home saturday morning. And every sunday we are at our church almost the whole day.
sb914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jul 30 2015, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 30 2015, 06:55 AM) *

Good morning Eddy, like what you have said and 76-914, family event is the priority and I support that. Maybe it is just my family that usually at home saturday morning. And every sunday we are at our church almost the whole day.

Ndfrig. By meeting 5:30 -6:00 you could still make it home by 9:30 10:00 or earlier if you head back early.if not you can surely do Pch run.Hope you can make it.
Eddy
ndfrigi
Thanks sir Eddy!

Sir Lawrence and Andy, I forwarded a copy of this thread to Jim from fullerton.
sb914
Ok ,can't figure how to post map, so those of you that want to go, we'll meet at 6:00 am jamboree+ chapman which turns into Santiago canyon rd . Stop at cooks corner, then head up Santiago which changes to eltoro rd, than head to pch. We can have a coffee( or whatever u prefer) bullshit for a few than head home.I'll b at jamboree and chapman 6:00 . B there or b square! driving.gif
jim_hoyland
Can't this Sunday. But I,be bee thinking a group drive to Irvine Lake would be cool. Lots of during roads nearby and the lake would be a good. Place for lunch
Blue6
Eddy, I'm in. I'm having a new steel braided clutch line made, should be done tomorrow morning, fingers crossed. If He doesn't get it done in time, I'll be riding with Jim. Either way, see Ya all then....
sb914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Jul 31 2015, 05:48 PM) *

Eddy, I'm in. I'm having a new steel braided clutch line made, should be done tomorrow morning, fingers crossed. If He doesn't get it done in time, I'll be riding with Jim. Either way, see Ya all then....

Cool,should be fun. piratenanner.gif
914_teener
I'm in.

25 min down the 57 for me to get to Chapman.

See you guys there.

Lake Irvine sounds good.
Yahmann
I'm in if you ever do the Santa Monica Mountains. I live at the top of Tuna Canyon and Saddle Peak.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Yahmann @ Jul 31 2015, 07:01 PM) *

I'm in if you ever do the Santa Monica Mountains. I live at the top of Tuna Canyon and Saddle Peak.

Now you're talking! It is so fun to drive up there and the scenery is spectacular. I can't imagine the hassle factor that comes with that stellar view, though. I live down below but take various 'scenic routes' over the top from Agoura to work in Santa Monica a couple days a week. Yesterday's selection was Mulholland to Old Topanga and back home the same way (normally I don't do that, I switch it up).

So my 914 is not very streetable, but I am about to toss a muffler on it and it can do the canyon stuff, just no freeway cruising or putting around in traffic. I'd be up for a gathering/fun-run in our neck of the woods some time.
Larmo63
Post a map. LOL
olsib914
sheez this is just over the hill from me, but the the 914 is still in sick bay. I will try to stop by in my swede.
Palmer
sb914
C'mon people, you can go ! icon_bump.gif driving.gif
Steve
I will be there!!
914_teener
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 1 2015, 06:40 PM) *

I will be there!!

Can you guys hang till 6.30....drunks are still on the road when I leave to get down there?

Anyway been wanting to take a drive down that way...if not let me know another rally point on PCH or somewhere on Santiago? Gonna hang in Laguna later when and if the sun comes out for a bit before heading home back up in the foothills.

Rob
Steve
6:30 works for me. Or does someone have a time constraint?
sb914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 1 2015, 08:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 1 2015, 06:40 PM) *

I will be there!!

Can you guys hang till 6.30....drunks are still on the road when I leave to get down there?

Anyway been wanting to take a drive down that way...if not let me know another rally point on PCH or somewhere on Santiago? Gonna hang in Laguna later when and if the sun comes out for a bit before heading home back up in the foothills.

Rob

For sure will hang around till 6:30 that was my plan anyway.see ya maƱana
Socalandy
See you guys in the morning driving.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 1 2015, 09:14 PM) *

Andy, did u message Jim from fullerton about the details for tomorrow? He wants to join you guys!
Larmo63
Jim told me he is going to try to be there.
Socalandy
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 1 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Jim told me he is going to try to be there.

Dont forget your goggles aktion035.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 1 2015, 09:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 1 2015, 09:14 PM) *

Andy, did u message Jim from fullerton about the details for tomorrow? He wants to join you guys!

He's coming!!! I'll be at the Chevron topping off the tank
ndfrigi
share pictures pls! thanks!
sb914
Home by 10:45. Thanks everyone for showing.man that was fun,hardly any traffic on way home.we'll do again next or the following weekend. Way better than texting about are cars, and way better standing around at cars n coffee.Click to view attachment
914_teener
Thanks for setting up the drive Eddie.

The canyon was beautiful... and very fun.

Fiddled up PCH to Newport on the way home. See you guys on the next one.

Rob
sb914
Click to view attachment took photo same way smart button down.I'll never figure it out. headbang.gif fun following Andy, he's not afraid of the right pedal evilgrin.gif
sb914
Click to view attachment
Socalandy
Thanks Eddie!!!

Looking forward to the next one and some more cars
Tburt52359
Newbie here. Been following you guys for awhile. Beautiful 914's boys. Live about two miles from the canyon and Cooks. Wish I would have rolled. Next time!

All the paint jobs look exceptional!

Would like to put some new paint on the 74 1.8. Any suggested shops in the south OC area?

Thx
Steve
Thanks Eddie for setting this up!!! Had a great time!! Can't wait for the next one!!
ndfrigi
Am I right?

Four - 6 cyl engines
Three - 4 cyl engines

from these group this morning?

Please can you do at least one saturday and same time?

Blue6
Great time, thank you Eddy for the plan....

Tburt, give Mister D's in Brea a call. He does great work, but doesn't give it away$$$. Currently doing a 1968 Shelby for concours. He has never done me wrong, and when I get this one ready he'll paint it also.
Steve
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 2 2015, 04:30 PM) *

Am I right?

Four - 6 cyl engines
Three - 4 cyl engines

from these group this morning?

Please can you do at least one saturday and same time?

Three Sixes total
-Two factory sixes and my 3.2 six conversion
One V8
Three 914-4's
Can't remember the details on each (sensory overload).
2mAn
Ive seen 3 914s in the last week. Because Im driving my E30 you guys usually dont notice me or look my way until I honk.

Ive seen a green one with the flares and two narrow bodied ones, one blue and the other yellow. I dont know whats going on, but its always exciting to see them out.

btw on topic, I have the map that Petrolicious used for their most recent rally. I only completed ~20 of the 80 mile course. There were ZERO 914s at the event and I was the only E30 so maybe I could tag along and we could make that the next event...

Im busy on the 8th, but the following weekend, I can probably convince my girlfriend to join me on a cruise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.