Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK! Weekend fund drive for Brad! Let's see how
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
spare time toys
This is why I love this place. Its like my kids screw with each other and fight amongst them selves but some one outside messes with one of them .... Aircooledboy if it works out I work for Southwest Airlines and have some space available passes on Southwest you can have to get out to the coast Ill give them to you.
gklinger
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Mar 6 2005, 10:41 AM)
I realize all of us delinquents can be a PITA sometimes for the Administration Team. I vaguely remember someone mentioned 'pulling the plug' on the club a week ago. The next time you have any such thoughts, remember what is going on here right now. It is the same thing we always do anytime one of us is in need. I emplore you, don't ever let this community die or fade away.

agree.gif mueba.gif This community is truly amazing. And aircooledboy, that is huge! pray.gif Makes me proud to be part of this group.
SteveL
Just checking in and wanted to bump this thread to the top. Keep it going guys, All For One, One For All.
ablose58
bumpity bump bump icon_bump.gif aktion035.gif
914 novice
Hey guys,
I had an idea on how some of our veteran members could help out Brad and some new members to the club at the same time so I thought I would run it by you.I know that you guys help out new members with ppi's on cars they are looking into buying.How about if you charge them a little something and donate it to the fund?
Newbie benefits from club members knowledge and avoids potential rust bucket.

person doing ppi makes donation with no out of pocket expense.

Brad gets help he needs.

Well what do you think?Maybe a nailed thread with people willing to do the inspections in their areas and a donation link?
Just an Idea,Paul
spare time toys
I gotta go out to the dog house and get ready for next weeks swap meet at Zims. My last look for a couple of hours. KEEP HELP ALIVE. smile.gif
ablose58
Later people, I am going down in the garage to work on kermit so I will be back later, I have a few co-workers that lurk here on occasions mostly to visit the sand box and I will hit em up tonight for donations when I get to work smash.gif I am pretty sure they will donate too smilie_pokal.gif Talk to ya all later! AL
william harris
Every time I check in I am delighted to see the contributions continue to roll in. We are almost at $7,000 and that is tremendous, since most of the contributions have been in small increments. Just spent a couple of hours getting my 914 ready for the paint and body work - I was so inspired by this group of people. Brad - this community is here for you. TTYL laugh.gif
mikey
I know that you guys help out new members with ppi's on cars they are looking into buying

I've lurked around here for a while and still don't know what ppi's are. Someone please 'splain?

Looks like we are near the $7,000 mark! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

...bump

ejm
I've lurked around here for a while and still don't know what ppi's are

Pre-purchase inspection - Someone who is very familiar with the type of vehicle you're buying checks it out thoroughly. May include a compression and/or leakdown test.
ThinAir
I hadn't been able to check in since last night so I decided I had to see what was up and WOW! You guys rock! Not only are we at almost $7,000, but I read aircooledboy's note and I just can't express how wonderful that is. This is still a long road ahead for Brad, but I'm encouraged knowing that there is stuff like that going on in the background. With friends like that, there is indeed hope that this will come out good in the end.

Keep it up guys! icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
mikey
Pre-purchase inspection

Thanks!
seanery
Chris, you rock!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
We're at $6,916.91
Keep it coming people...!
smilie_pokal.gif

Mike9142.0
icon_bump.gif
My donation will be in tonight.
william harris
Guys, $7,000 is awesome in 2 days. Together we are going to win this battle. icon_bump.gif
David_S
Going to check tomorrow to see if PayPal made their "samll deposits" so I can finish activating my account......whenever they do, I will be in !!!!!
richardL
Bump.... icon_bump.gif

Just because Brads out doesn't mean its over - we still need to raise mucho bucks

I have an unused Engman peddle board - its perfect, just my car is distorted so it won't fit. Its bright aluminum - just excellent

$45 donation (or more) gets it - let me know if you want it and we can arrange things. I'm in the SF Bay Area, and I will get it to you. If you live somewhere in the rest of the world, then shipping, at cost, in addition

Richard - lets keep going...
Maltese Falcon
Good news that bail was made...now it's time to get the defense "Solid". Good , knowledgeable counsel doesn't come cheap ohmy.gif
I'll be hitting the paypal Mon. when I get into work. Litigation tends to be a PITA, but the right lawyer can turn this around for Brad. Let's all keep positive about this. Don't ask for too many details... remember that the OTHER guy reads here too !
SpecialK
I just read over the last few pages, and I'm in total awe of the monetary, and profession services (yeah... I'm talkin' bout you "aircooledboy"! pray.gif and "sparetimetoy's" beer.gif !) offered up to help Brad out...........what a truely fantastic group of people we have here, it never ceases to amaze me!! beerchug.gif

rick 918-S
What a rally guy's! What a weekend! It's Sunday night, Nearing the midnight hour. We raised near $ 7000.00! Brad is out of jail, Heading home.

I want to thank all of you for caring. Some of you never met Brad and you helped out anyway. That's a 914 guy. That's cool.

Our work and cause has just begun. This battle is far from over. We will need to come up with a series of fund raisers between now and the time Brad goes on trial. Lets start planning now. When I get back to town I will start a thread asking for fund raiser suggestions.

What a great group!
SpecialK
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Mar 6 2005, 09:41 AM)
I vaguely remember someone mentioned 'pulling the plug' on the club a week ago.

A thread about "pulling the plug"? ohmy.gif WTF was that all about?!? confused24.gif

Man.....I leave town for one week and....... huh.gif
ThinAir
Wow! At the same time that I'm posting my last message, Andy is posting the update that Brad is out! That's good news to come home to!

Well I just made another donation. 50% each for Mike (Mike9142.0) and me.
horizontally-opposed
Can we get some ballpark ideas of how much money will be needed for legal fees to clear things up? Or is it too grim a subject...?

pete
chunger
I'm donating my swaybar to the fund. . . there have been a couple of people interested in it. Please PM me if you'd like this 19mm swaybar that uses stock drop links. $150. I'll donate it all to the defense fund.

'Chung
william harris
Great weekend guys. We need about another $2,000 to have a solid legal defense team in place. In addition to the volunteers. smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
We're currently at $7,165.27
So we made bail and working our way to legal defense...

Thanks everyone!

william harris
icon_bump.gif
Jeroen
Wow!!! Things are still going well for the Bail/Legal fund

Right now, we're at $7,702.00

Thanks all! I'm honestly dumbfounded at your generousity!
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
SteveL
icon_bump.gif
ThinAir
Keep digging folks! icon_bump.gif
william harris
just the ole icon_bump.gif screwy.gif
spare time toys
Come on guys lets do it for the ol' Gipper OK Brad but that just doesn't fit as well wacko.gif
spare time toys
I just have a quick question. Are we going to end the bail postathon and start the Defence Fund Feista? Wondering minds want to know biggrin.gif
Jeroen
update...

we just broke the 8K mark!!!
$8,152.47 to be precise

I'm wearing these smileys out, but as long as they still work, I'm gonna use em
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
ThinAir
We need a really BIG smiley for this! Keep it up gang! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
SteveL
I have a set of E36 BMW rear seat backs listed for sale on the Bird Board - Whatever they bring in will go from my PayPal acct to the BradFund.

Oh, and icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
Great rally guys and gals! smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Maltese Falcon
$49.14 added to the bucket wink.gif If anyone needs to buy 914-6 exhaust headers for their conversion, we will allocate 9.14% from each sale (thru the end of March) towards this fund. Headers come in 1.5", 1.625" or 1.750" OD's depending on your engine size. These are cold-roll steel, 16 ga. full length mandrel, no extsensions needed. Our site is linked to the web-click below. I think Trekkor showed a jpeg of these in red ohmy.gif ...maybe he can link this for you guys.
chunger
Thanks ssawa for donating for my swaybar. . . he even added $20 to the pot on top of the asked price.

Thanks!

-'Chung
Kevin@ojai.net
icon_bump.gif What are we up to? icon_bump.gif

-Kevin
Jeroen
$8,418.95

I just have a quick question. Are we going to end the bail postathon and start the Defence Fund Feista?

Bail was $5K, so we're past that point already. Anything beyond that is for Brad's legal defence
TJB/914
Hi Guys,
Been out of town & just got involved. Don't have time to read through all these posts. Can someone send me a PM with an address to send my check/cash contribution to (I dont have pay-pal). I trust & respect Brad and want to help him in his time of need. Prayers are good but cash will help get the truth out.

Tom
BTW.
This appears to be very serious. I ask why are these charges so severe? Is there politics involved with the prosecution? Is the factory behind this plot to get this car back? I have lots of questions for motives behind these charges. More severe crimes get less attention?? I am really puzzled.
Jeroen
tom, hit the link "donate to..." at the very right hand top of the page...
or send it to paypal@rennware.com

or hit this
button biggrin.gif

thanks!

Jeroen
Randal
Let’s get this legal fund off and running.

I’m buying 22 shares of our $9.14 stock for the fund. That’ll be $201.08.

Being sent by Pay Pal.
ThinAir
icon_bump.gif
Just when I think everyone has seen it, I see someone like Tom who has been away awhile and is just now discovering what has been going on. So it's definitely worth bumping it to get it back to the top. (And in my experience this is better than nailing it - I missed the original nailed thread about Brad & #4 because I just blow right by the nailed threads and all the header stuff - I go straight to the new message activity.)
John Kelly
Made an offer on a post that got buried. Here it is slightly modified...the next 5 DVDs on how to make your own fender flares ordered from me by club members will see the proceeds go to the Brad fund. The DVD is $40 That would be $200

Also: one shrinking disc $50 free shipping...goes to the Brad fund.

I have sent $50 already, and with a little help....we can make it $300.

Contact me at ghiafab@msn.com if interested.

Brad deserves all the help we can muster.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
ThinAir
QUOTE (John Kelly @ Mar 8 2005, 09:40 AM)
Contact me at ghiafab@msn.com if interested.

John -

I sent you an email through the club. I don't know if that's the same address, but since I'm at work it was more doable for me.

Ernie
scotty914
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

Sorry to be back. I want to write a check & send to somebody. I don't want to use my credit card to pay pay-pal. Who can I send a check too?? This is the way I want to contribute. You have my support short term and long term as the case developes. I think this is going to be a long one since attorney rates run $200 to $250 per hour & they love to suck up billing hours.

Tom,
More thoughts. Because this thread is watched by ??? Can I suggest renting a post office box so personal info and donations (checks) can go into the fund (no electronic mail). I believe this may be a way to keep this web site open for it's intended use & 914 enjoyment . By setting up a (closed loop) post office box no one can monitor information except the person picking up the mail. Just a thought to protect the club.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.