Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK! Weekend fund drive for Brad! Let's see how
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
davep
I'm with you fellows on this. Cash is very tight, but I've already Paypaled a contribution.
I can offer one of my 'vented rear caliper kits <> see the resources section" at $100 off and $100 to the Brad Bail Fund.
Allan
icon_bump.gif
skline
Well, money is really tight for me right now but I had a balance in my PayPal account of 20.00 so I just donated it. If you knew how broke I really was right now you would find a way to donate something to at least match it. Come on guys, he really did do a lot for us in creating this Club. I first met Brad 3 years ago out at Dunkles. This Club has been a lot of fun for me and I am sure many others. The get togethers we have and the resources that come from here cannot be found anywhere else. Chip in what you can. Lets make him proud.

Anyone get a total yet?
william harris
Thank you so much!!! Guys, I have 5 children, 1 in college and you must know what a family that size in Massachusetts needs to keep going. But, the first thing I thought about this morning was, I wonder how Brad is? I wonder what it is going to take to raise his bail. You know what, we are going to do that TODAY. Monday, the funds will be there to SET BRAD FREE! I know that we can accomplish that together. Keep 'em coming!!!
TROJANMAN
donation made.

F*@!# the greedy bastard that created this mess !

i don't know brad, but i am all about "community."
william harris
This will just keep rolling. One day soon, Brad will read this thread and know in his deepest heart how many lives he has touched and how many friends (some never met, some he has never talked to) he has. Family and friends (and we are the 914 family here) that is the best life has to offer. Judged by his friends, Brad is a tremendous sucess in life. smilie_pokal.gif
KaptKaos
I sent what I could.

Hope all goes well.
ThinAir
When I first got into 914s, there were practically no resources available at all. My best guide was the exploded diagrams in the old AA catalog. Then along came the internet with the World Wide Web and I eventually discovered Pelican Parts with their tech articles, and Yahoo Groups, then Rennlist. All of these helped a lot towards getting me going with things.

But when 914World.com got started it REALLY changed things for me. This is a place that is filled with generous, giving folks who have helped me immensely. Chief among these is Brad - whom I have never met in person, but who has helped with advise in addition to all he has done just to get this whole madhouse rolling to begin with.

I donated yesterday, I may be back in again if I can. The value of what I can donate could never match up to the value of Brad or this board that he created.

So if you haven't donated yet, shame on you. "No man is an island" as it's said. We've all gotten where we are with the help of others - it's time for all of us to step up and help Brad when he needs it, and he needs it big time.

Even if you've only posted 1 post to this board just to list a car for sale, you've benefited from Brad's efforts. It's time to pay back and then some.

DONATE NOW! (If you are in Chicago, think of it like voting - Donate early, and often)
william harris
Guys and Gals: every time I check back and another one or two of us have stepped up to the line, I just smile and say: "This is for you Brad. Your friends are here. We will be here - all the way, until this is over, not just at the beginning, but at the end and beyond." When I am finished with my restoration one day I want to drive my 914 to Kalifornia and shake your hand and I will be really proud of my small part in helping you. This is the place to be counted today. Don't miss your name among those here. Roll Call!!! type.gif
skline
That made me think of something, Many of you know Brad and have met him, many of you have not. He may not have even helped you directly in person or on the phone. He created this site however and has pushed for us to be a community. If you have ever been helped by a member of this group, free parts, discount parts, advice or whatever it may be, then you owe it to yourself and this community to ante up what ever you can. I for one would really like to get this taken care of and move on and get back to the cars and get togethers and just general fun like we normally have. Lets go guys and gals, cough it up and lets do this.

william harris
60 replies (OK alot of them are me and Rick) but this is a community. Here is what we are looking at people: bail $5,000 - we had about $4,100 yesterday; retainer for lawyer - to start $3,500 and then to hire a private investigator figure another $500. Let's set a goal of $9,000. So we need another $5,000 to put this to bed. I bet we raised at least $1,000 today, so those who have not thrown in, we are more than half way there. In case you don't know, Brad ain't rich. So far as I know, Brad ain't even got a job now. Brad's parents aren't rich either. But if every member who hasn't contributed so far today were to add whatever amount they can: $10.00, $20.00 - nothing is too small. We can put the money in place so that Brad will get the defense he deserves and he can go back and pick up the pieces of the next business venture. Who else can help today? icon_bump.gif
Allan
Just helping to keep it at the top.
william harris
Thank you! Guys, I gotta go take my kids to weekend activities for a couple of hours. Someone willing to take over for bump control? Keep this up there so anyone who hasn't seen it yet will? Volunteers? monkeydance.gif
Lou W
Money's a little tight right now, sent $25.00, I'll try to send more later.

Free Brad Foundation

Lou
rick 918-S
I'm still working in my office. Thanks for all the bumps guy's. There are several regulars missing here today. Anyone that is following this, posted here or is lurking, Please keep this bumped
william harris
I'll be back!! (Best Arnold impression) gunner.gif
mikey
I donated a bit yesterday...read this posting...felt cheap...and donated more again today. I volunteered to carry the office on-call pager this weekend and all overtime pay will go to the "Spring Brad From The Joint" fund.

I realized what a precarious position Brad's in. He could be ground up in the wheels of (in)justice if he doesn't have top quality legal representation. Lawyers cost money and his future shouldn't be in the hands of an appointed public defender.

We don't want Brad stuck in jail making license plates for our 914s do we? Dig deep and donate!

VegasRacer

It's time to step up to the plate guys.
Who's side are you on?
Allan
icon_bump.gif
scottb
i'm in for a c-note....

let me know if any more help is needed.

i truly enjoy this place and would not feel anywhere as comfortable with working on my car were this gang of misfits not around....

(insert group hug smiley)
seanery
Since I'm broke I had to come up with another way to help.
Here's how Limited Edition 914Club windshield banners
Carl
I tried to donate last night but Paypal wants to do a verification on my bank account. I guess I have to wait for that so it'll be a day or so.

This will be expensive but this whole thing has been an eye-opener for me. I don't want to risk Gint's patience with comments that are inappropriate on this thread but Brad's whole situation is so grossly unfair.

Thanks to everyone for supporting Brad during this difficult time.

Cap'n Krusty
G'mornin! all! The Cap'n's in! Brad , for all his quirks, has been a presence in the online 914 community for a long time, and I for one would like to see that continue. He's given a LOT, and we, collectively, can give some of that back with our dollars! DO IT NOW, people! The Cap'n
boxstr
See the Vendor and Product sellers challenge from CAMP 914. Step up, you have the most to gain from this site and it benefits you to keep it going and the person who started it.
CCLINCAMPCHALLENGE
JFJ914
I'm in for $50, free Brad!
Dr Evil
As soon as I saw this thread I put $50 in. (A grip for me). I will donate a percentage of upholstery, mirrors, bolts, etc that I sell as long as the fund is open. Bail will cost 10% of the total usually so $9-10k for bail and lawyer is a deacent figure. I have met brad and couldn't understand why he proclaims himself to be an A-hole. He was always really nice, and this is a crappy situation.

Scott, you wanna sell some parts? I may have some buyers to help fill in the financial gaps. Call me.
butch
what I wanna know is who is the guy that has made claim to the now infamous 914-6#4, if that's what we call it. Not a 914 guy, obviously. Otherwise, he would know Brad..

And ditto on the good lawyer thing. a good one will save brad tens of thousands of dollars, so springing for a good one right now is well worth it. I hope Brad is out by the time I finish typing this...

thanx to everyone so far...
rick 918-S
Butch... Please no questions here this weekend. Just feel the love buddy.
partsman
All right, I'm in...Geeze, I mean I gotta donate right? I live in friggin' BRADford Mass. I fuigure if they go and name a whole town after Brad..I should be not only thanking him for my carfliction, but for my town as well! smilie_pokal.gif
BIGKAT_83
Finally figured out how to add funds to my paypal. Hope it helps.

BTDT for only 6 hrs.........Hang in there

Bob
Engman
I will donate a percentage of upholstery, mirrors, bolts, etc that I sell as long as the fund is open. Bail will cost 10% of the total usually so $9-10k for bail and lawyer is a deacent figure. I have met brad and couldn't understand why he proclaims himself to be an A-hole.

Ditto! Same here!

Brad has to be one of the best and nicest 914 guys that I have ever met. He is a stand up guy.

M
jim912928
bump....just contributed what I could.
crash914
Went out to the cold snowy garage..fired up the teener, ran it for awhile, thought about how much this club means to me and keeping the car running.

shut it down, fired up the computer and am in for $50.00..

Thanks Brad!!!
william harris
I'm back and I have never been so proud to be part of a group, or club or cult or bunch of nuts or whatever we are monkeydance.gif This thing has taken off all day! Man I can't wait to see how much we have raised. I know, I mean I really know that we have done it. We have Brad's bail money and probably are well into paying for the lawyer and everything. I salute all of you. flag.gif clap.gif
william harris
That goes double for you partsman! I know how tight money is at your house - with you out of work and all - hope the new job works out - Well, this is all your fault since you infected me with the 914 virus to start off. driving.gif
Gint
I'd like to thank everyone for keeping this positive and also for your support for Brad.

I need to go do other stuff in the garage. If you guys see anything negative that needs to be dealt with, you can email my cell phone with a short text message like "help 914club" and I'll come in and deal with it. After send the email text message, send me a PM with specifics. By the time I get the text message (it's really quick, like 15 seconds) and get in to the 'puter, you'll have finished the PM. That way I won't have to sit at the keyboard all day but can give an immediate response. Sound good? Click the link below:

Email Gint's cell phone
william harris
Come on guys, almost 1,200 views but only 84 posts (and alot of those are mine). If only 10 percent of this group contribute we can push this over the top! OK, west coast guys start firing up those computers and PayPal accounts. I am very, very confident we will all be very happy to learn next week that Brad is free and his lawyer has been retained and we will be well on the way to sorting this out. icon_bump.gif
Rich Bontempi
OK, I'm in for $100, who can match me?
gregrobbins
I was feeling smug about my little donation last night, then I see the business types are stepping it up. smilie_pokal.gif

BAM: time to go a step further. I had (note the past tense) a wish list for items from Camp914 and Engman: no more--ordered.

Dr. Evil, your next.

I never met Brad in person. But 914Club means a hell of a lot to me and my cars. Anyone who loves 914s and helped get this site up has my respect and support. agree.gif
william harris
Thanks Rich and Greg. Anyone gonna match Rich? Come on guys - this is the good cause. clap.gif
william harris
icon_bump.gif
ThinAir
This is mostly being posted just to bump the thread, but I also have a request of the monitoring admins if it is appropriate.

I'd appreciate it if we could be told what the next steps are in the legal process at this point. What trial date, if any, has been set? If no trial date has been set, when is Brad due back in court again and for what? Just the facts, no opinions, but it would be nice to know.

If this is an inappropriate request, feel free to delete this post. I appreciate how sensitive this all is.
Gint
Thanks Ernie

Andy is the guy that's pretty close to those "in the know". He will continue to update the Rumors about Brad and #4 thread as the news comes in. Right now, there is no news to report.
william harris
Once Brad makes bail, the process of the case depends on how much "discovery" the defense counsel needs and there may be various motion hearings. Trial date may be very many months off.
Gint
Please, no discssion of case details here. Updates will be posted when they're available. Thanks!
Randal
OK, I'm in for $100, who can match me?

Beat you by about 5 hours Rich.

I'm also committed to the "lawyer" fund when it opens, as this will be the fund that really counts.

william harris
Thank you Randall, we will all be here to this is over. Keep it rolling. burnout.gif
Allan
icon_bump.gif
d914
did a little before and now going back,,,,come on guys we go a couple of thousand sign ons Only takes a little from each..
Qarl
Rich... I met your request you last night.... $109.14, plus more if I sell some fog light seals... (see my thread).

Regards,

Qball

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.