Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK! Weekend fund drive for Brad! Let's see how
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Jeroen
We're currently at $8,668.64 (and there's about $300 that haven't cleared yet)
No new donations since yesterday morning...
Jeroen
Bumping seems to work, 'cause we just got another $100 biggrin.gif
So here goes...

John Kelly
I have just sent $40 to the fund for Andys...DVD will arrive soon. Thanks for the help! Waiting on addresses from several others.

John www.ghiaspecialties .com
davep
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Mar 9 2005, 06:18 AM)
Bumping seems to work, 'cause we just got another $100 biggrin.gif
So here goes...

Thats cause payment was received on my sale, and I passed along the contribution.
FriarJohn
QUOTE (John Kelly @ Mar 8 2005, 09:40 AM)
Made an offer on a post that got buried.  Here it is slightly modified...the next 5 DVDs on how to make your own fender flares ordered from me by club members will see the proceeds go to the Brad fund.  The DVD is $40  That would be $200

Contact me at ghiafab@msn.com if interested.

Brad deserves all the help we can muster.

Thanks, John  www.ghiaspecialties.com

I sent you an e-mail yesterday. Did I miss out on the five DVDs-for-Brad?
chunger
Please let us know when and how much more we will be needing for the defense when it's prudent. Thanks, admins, for keeping us updated.

I would have to shuffle things around, but if needs be, can dig real deep if the financial needs escalate.

I'm sure others here are ready also for round 2. I'm not rich, but have some big ticket items I'd be willing to sell.

-'Chung
scotty914
well scottstoolwench ( teri ) sold an unopened buffy dvd for 40 bucks, just for the brad legal defense fund, so here comes another 40.
John Kelly
QUOTE (FriarJohn @ Mar 9 2005, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (John Kelly @ Mar 8 2005, 09:40 AM)
Made an offer on a post that got buried.  Here it is slightly modified...the next 5 DVDs on how to make your own fender flares ordered from me by club members will see the proceeds go to the Brad fund.  The DVD is $40  That would be $200

Contact me at ghiafab@msn.com if interested.

Brad deserves all the help we can muster.

Thanks, John  www.ghiaspecialties.com

I sent you an e-mail yesterday. Did I miss out on the five DVDs-for-Brad?

Hi John,

Hmm..never got your email. Just click on the make a donation button above, send $40 through paypal, then send me your address: ghiafab@msn.com Thanks!

ErnieDV has donated $40 and has a DVD on the way. Anyone else?

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
FriarJohn
Done!

E-mail with mailing address on the way. Let me know if you don't get it.
John Kelly
Your DVD is on the way...anyone else?

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
John Kelly
GWN7 has donated $40... DVD on the way. Thanks Bruce! One more left...

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Rusty
QUOTE (914 novice @ Mar 6 2005, 02:22 PM)
Hey guys,
I had an idea on how some of our veteran members could help out Brad and some new members to the club at the same time so I thought I would run it by you.I know that you guys help out new members with ppi's on cars they are looking into buying.How about if you charge them a little something and donate it to the fund?
Newbie benefits from club members knowledge and avoids potential rust bucket.

person doing ppi makes donation with no out of pocket expense.

Brad gets help he needs.

Well what do you think?Maybe a nailed thread with people willing to do the inspections in their areas and a donation link?
Just an Idea,Paul

Hi Paul!

It's a supportive idea, but... for me, I'll never charge for a PPI. Lots of people do them for free (or just for gas money) to ensure other members don't get screwed over.

Just to modify your idea a bit... But if someone offers to pay, I would suggest a donation to that fund instead. I like that. But... I won't charge for a PPI.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Jeroen
$9,410.06 smilie_pokal.gif
brownaar
What vendors are donating proceed percentages to the fund?

I've sent $100 through Paypal, but am itching to buy some stuff..........but honey, it was for a good cause......

Aaron
John Kelly
Hi Aaron,

I still have one DVD available for donation (4 gone already) on how to do custom metalshaping/flares $40.. and a shrinking disc (autobody tool)for $50 probably not what you had in mind.

I think Craig at camp914 is doing something?

Engman
Actually, a number of the 'board vendors' are donating to this.

I am up to $160 currently - hope to add to this in the next few days.

M
John Kelly
Sorry I missed you Engman!

Here is the camp914 offer thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=26486

Engman
No offense taken ... sorry if it got misconstrued,

Thanks for posting the link!

M
rick 918-S
QUOTE (brownaar @ Mar 10 2005, 02:20 PM)
What vendors are donating proceed percentages to the fund?

I've sent $100 through Paypal, but am itching to buy some stuff..........but honey, it was for a good cause......

Aaron

I had to hide some spending that way myself. happy11.gif That's funny dude! lol2.gif wimin... confused24.gif
spare time toys
icon_bump.gif
spare time toys
Back to the top I say wavey.gif
rick 918-S
Ok Boys and Girls! It's Friday again! I've been out of town all last week. And I won't be around this weekend as much as I'd like either.

I took some time and read through the 12 pages of posts here. I'm impressed! If you get a chance do the same. We are a shining example for the car enthusists of the world.

We kept the message on track, We didn't get locked or deleted, and we did a good thing for a guy that deserves it.

There are still several vendors offering to kick in a couple bucks to help move the legal fund up. So even if your in trouble like me with the better half maybe you can pick up a part you need and help a brother out. If you can help out with a donation large or small click that link and make it happen. The only way to win in the legal system today is with money.

You guys must feel good. You all should. Thanks for caring.

icon_bump.gif
spare time toys
Come on folks this is the goofy side kick speaking. We have gone from the Post Bail-a-thon and now are deep into the Leagle Fund Fiesta mueba.gif aktion035.gif clap.gif This could be for you. we would all be here doing the same thing. I got the swap meet this weekend and a portion of what I sell will go to this cause. But DONT tell my wife. Yack.gif chair.gif alfred.gif
spare time toys
early AM bump before I go icon_bump.gif
spare time toys
Is the $ drive over??? Am i supposed to stop bumping this thread???
TimT
hmmmm though I have no say whatsoever.. Brad is out... we should wait and Bump again when the bills from the attorney start coming in unsure.gif
ThinAir
What's the latest figure of what we collected? Did we break $10k yet?
SirAndy
QUOTE (ErnieDV @ Mar 12 2005, 04:13 PM)
What's the latest figure of what we collected? Did we break $10k yet?

nope, but we're close. just got another $200 in the mail today ... smilie_pokal.gif

problem with attorneys is, they don't send you a bill.
you need to write them a check upfront or they won't do a thing ...

we're covered until (and including) the pre-trial hearing next week.
if everything get's resolved there, we'll be good.
if not and this goes to trial, well, that's another story alltogether ...

again, thanks to everyone for their support!
beerchug.gif Andy
rick 918-S
Thanks for the update sir andy.

If this goes to trial be prepared to write a big fat check for another $ 5000.00 just to keep the attorney's attension.
TimT
problem with attorneys is, they don't send you a bill.

Hmmm maybe thats they way they work in Kalifornia.

At some point in my youth I got myself into a pretty serious legal pickle. The details will be spared. But! when shopping for a qualified attorney, I found that they all had a base "fee" for representation, and then a per diem fee for things above and beyond....

I almost put a smackdown on my attorney when I saw fees for "photocopies" at $75/hr I digress though

My attorney told me up front how much my legal fees would be... and he hit the target..

I didnt return to the graybar hotel..

not that what happened to me has anything to do with the current situation

spare time toys
Good night my friends Ill be bumping and grinding in the AM ohmy.gif The post nuthing else mad.gif
SteveL
icon_bump.gif
spare time toys
Well well it got two pages back. Monday lunch bump
SGB
When is the hearing?

smash.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (SGB @ Mar 14 2005, 11:20 AM)
When is the hearing?

Wednesday: PRE-PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE
Thursday: PRELIMINARY HEARING

we'll know more Thursday evening ...
beerchug.gif Andy
spare time toys
I will NOT STOP bumping untill we hit [COLOR=red] $10000.00 You sick of seeing it Pay up cool.gif
Jeroen
we're currently at $9,600.76
keep it bumped biggrin.gif
spare time toys
Come on guys just a quick $400 and I stop this bumping. Then some one else can take over biggrin.gif
Jeroen
just in case you don't know where to send your donation wink.gif

tracks914
I just got back from Mexico and didn't even know all this was going on. It's great to see the club come together like this for one of our own.
I just added my 2 cents worth and hope it helps.
(insert emoticon with a cash register)
SteveL
icon_bump.gif
Just helping keep this at the top
Dr Evil
Another $50 from me and my bolts! Now only $350 needed, right?
Kevin@ojai.net
icon_bump.gif Whats it up to? icon_bump.gif
spare time toys
We must be close. MR Tote board can we have an update please........... Im takn a stand for 10 grand
Jeroen
$9,709.40 paypal
$   200.00 checks
-------------
$9,909,40 total

closing in on the 10K

smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
OK $90.60to put us over the top WHO will be the one to do it smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
I still have a mirror to Ebay, and some seats. We will be over that amount soon enough.
spare time toys
No news as to the magic number yet. So its back to the top I say. rocking nana.gif
spare time toys
Predinner bump
spare time toys
icon_bump.gif We all know the drill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.