Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK! Weekend fund drive for Brad! Let's see how
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
rick 918-S
This is a weekend Rally! Ok, We've done this before. The time is now. I know I can post this here because 914 guys know how to rally around a cause.

I'm going to tell you all why I come here. It would be easy to sell my car and move on to an other project or other interest. But it's the people here that keep me coming back EVERY DAY!

I've never seen a group of people come together for an other person like you all did when Dave needed us.

There are countless numbers of you that have had the benifit of the group coming together to help assemble your car or get you out of a jam, off the freeway, or simply just be here on this BBS when you had a family crisis and just needed someone to listen.

Think about why we have this BBS. This is "B"s brain child. He started it. He is the reason. He is the man. Without his vision we would be spread out everywhere and most of us wouldn't even have these cars anymore.

Now's the time people. It's Brad's turn. I'm calling you out. This time it's for Brad. I want everyone to look inside yourself. I want everyone to think what this place and these people mean to you. I want everyone to thank Brad this weekend.

Post how you feel here. I want feelings people!

I'm here this weekend in the garage. I have my tools with me. I keep them in my hip pocket. I'm reaching into my pocket this weekend and I'm offering my friend my help. Monday morning I want my friend back with me.

Will you help Too?

Gint
Unlocked by popular (OK there was this one guy...) demand. Please keep it positive. If someone comes in and starts talking smack, it will be deleted.
scotty914
just posting my art work again

gint we wub.gif you man
scotty914
well i sold a battery tray on ebay, for 37 bucks and the money went to brad

okay everybody go raid the parts stash, find an item or 2 and sell them on ebay, then gve the money to the brad fund, that way 914s are supporting brad, like brad has supported 914 all these years.
its the least i can do being unemployed
rick 918-S
Mike we wub.gif you man!

This one is for you Mike! aktion035.gif Mike! mueba.gif Mike! aktion035.gif Mike! rocking nana.gif Mike! monkeydance.gif Have a monkey dance buddy!
rick 918-S
OK, that one was for Mike. This one is for Scott! mueba.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif aktion035.gif monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif
rick 918-S
This one is for all you guys out there getting ready to post here. clap.gif monkeydance.gif

Now read my blog before you post. and get ready to pony up. We've got some funds to raise.

Someone start an ebay auction or something.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Mar 4 2005, 11:08 PM)
well i sold a battery tray on ebay, for 37 bucks and the money went to brad

okay everybody go raid the parts stash, find an item or 2 and sell them on ebay, then gve the money to the brad fund, that way 914s are supporting brad, like brad has supported 914 all these years.
its the least i can do being unemployed

dood that's hot!
rick 918-S
I'm going to start my own mega thread. Did you guy's all go to bed or something?
Gint
I'd like too... Been up since 5
rick 918-S
I'm going to bed. But I'll be back early.

Remember guy's and gals. Click the donate button and show your love! boldblue.gif

The weekend clock is ticking!
scotty914
gint i am joking...

go to bed, then we can bash you, you never said we could not bash you, nah i wont bash you but rick, on the other hand never gets bashed

i heard rick was ugly and smells funny too happy11.gif

now to the matter at hand go sell something, not your wives children, or pets idea.gif
redshift
Well, I am not having an easy time sleeping.. I don't have paypal, I can figger somethin' out.

Back to bed for a while.

M
Kevin@ojai.net
I just raised my credit card balance by half a buck, I hope it helps!

-Kevin
rick 918-S
Here we go people! clap.gif I brought my son to a Jazz performance this morning or I would hve been back sooner! I'm getting coffee'd up! boldblue.gif I've got some work to do in my office this morning. I'm getting ready to spend the day working on our bunk house.

The only thing that will fix what happened to brad is m-o-n-e-y people. Bail, Lawers, food and rent while your defending yourself and not working. His family will suffer financially too. This is going to be expensive and it's going to Suck. We can do this thing for Brad!
rick 918-S
Come back to this thread often and keep it at the top. This is the weekend we help a freind and his family.
rick 918-S
270 posts and no comments.... (sometime Brad would post) come on people.. show your love.
spare time toys
Would I help someone I never met? confused24.gif If a club member hell yes. I look here every day at work, at home, heck I got my dad hooked on this stuff wacko.gif I have got more help and support from the folks here than ANY place other than family I know of. I have never met Brad face to face but he has helped me out with info or ideas heck he may not have been answering a post to me but we all have the same problems. I can not turn my back on anyone who helps me or my friends. I sent to the fund what I want to get from some parts I am going to list or take to a swap fest. The coin is needed now and I can get the stuff sold later so I went ahead and sent the money anyway.
william harris
OK as soon as I learned that the bail had been lowered to something doable, I took the money that I was gonna spend on the Raby connecting rods and sent a PayPal payment of $250.00 to the bail fund. Now, I have never meet Brad in person, but Brad has spent hours on the phone with me, giving me advice, encouragement, ideas, suggestions, contacts and sheer mental power to keep me moving along with my restoration. I'm not dirty stinky rich either. But when a real friend is in need (and if ever someone needed their friends to back them up, this is now and Brad is the guy) you put your money where your mouth (and heart) is. So, the next project - as soon is Brad is out on bail - set up the Brad Legal Defense Fund. These are two felony charges. Figure Legal Fees of at least $10,000. OK, like public radio I'm prepared to issue a challenge - let's see how quick we can put together a $10,000 legal defense fund for Brad. Maybe the Club can throw some T-shirts or other goodies for certain bridge marks for donations. Kinda sounds like NPR. Let's Roll!! mueba.gif
rick 918-S
That's the spirit Larry! clap.gif Things are starting to happen! you too Kevin and William! clap.gif clap.gif You guys keep bumping this thread all weekend. I want it in your face!

If you don't have $ 50.00 make it $ 5.00 anything you have, any amount will help. Brad AND his family is facing a huge challange. The only thing that will fix this is real money. This is our family and they need us.
ChrisFoley
I tend to be a pretty selfish guy, and only generous to people I really like.
Not only that, I never have much spare cash on hand, but if I can afford to race I can afford to help the Creator (of the 914 Club).
I've already kicked in a 50 and I'm prepared to send more if need be.
What we need is a money thermometer at the top of the page to visually show our progress toward the goal.
TheCabinetmaker
Kinda cash challenged this week, but I sent 20 bucks anyway. I'll do some more next week when I get paid for a job I just finished up.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 5 2005, 06:36 AM)
I tend to be a pretty selfish guy, and only generous to people I really like.
Not only that, I never have much spare cash on hand, but if I can afford to race I can afford to help the Creator (of the 914 Club).
I've already kicked in a 50 and I'm prepared to send more if need be.
What we need is a money thermometer at the top of the page to visually show our progress toward the goal.

Hi chris! I sent yaroon a pm about maybe posting some progress on the fund for us. He didn't get back to me yet. But Brad did that when we were raising money for Daves wheel chair that ultimately turned into " the Van" If he's around this weekend I'm sure he will chime in.
Jeroen
Hey everyone....

First of all:
Thanks for your relentless support to Brad. You have no idea how much this is appreciated!!!
pray.gif

Please understand that the admins are caught between a rock and a hard place here...
We understand that all of you are eager to help Brad out and want to stay informed

Andy is "closest to the fire" and he will keep us updated with news as much as he can
If you don't hear anything new, there just isn't any news to report.

As Andy also explained, there is still an ongoing investigation
And sad but true, it's not all just Brad's friends who hang out here... Big Brother is watching us
Anything said and done here can and WILL be used against Brad

So yes, for that reason, we will be monitoring what is going on and what is being posted here closely
We will keep these things on a very short leash. We will edit, or delete posts and threads that we think are inapropriate and we will not go into discussion about it...
There is absolutly no margin for errors!

We're only trying to do what's best for Brad right now
That is our only interest. It's not about us bashing you or putting you down. It is not about ego's
This is about helping Brad, and helping Brad only...

We understand (and appreciate) your enthusiasm to help out, and the creative ideas, but we ask you to please not start anything on your own. If you think you have any ideas on helping out, please go through the admins...

Right now, the only way to help and support Brad is through donating hard cash and/or by posting your support message in one of the dedicated threads.

I know we're asking a lot, but you'll just have to trust us on this one, blind...
We're just as eager for info and for this mess to end as you are

So, once agian, thanks for your patience, understanding and most of all, your support

cheers,

Jeroen

If you're donating, donate to paypal@rennware.com ONLY, and no where else
This is a new and dedicated account that I set up for this which is and will not be used for anything else
william harris
Racer Chris: Glad to see you here buddy. Your idea of posting to let us know how we are doing is a good one. Yesterday, Birgit posted that about $4,000 was raised for the bail fund. I want Brad out, so I dug deep and PayPaled the money Raby was gonna spend for me. Admins: let us know how we are doing if possible. Everyone else, this is the time to raise the funds to FREE BRAD!! Rick wub.gif The Alien is among us!!! beerchug.gif
Doug Leggins
Ok - I just contributed to the fund. Don't really know what I was waiting on. wacko.gif

I've thought many times about how Brad and this club have helped me with my project. It is amazing how much influence Brad and this club have had on decisions that I have made on what to do for my car!

I am truely proud of this club when i think of all of the good things that this club has done for cars and people! When i talk to non 914 people about my project I am always bringing up this club and mentioning how fantastic it is to be able to get amazingly quick support. And that there is this guy in California that started the club and that he's a 914 guru that helps people out with about any question they have on a 914. And how the club goes beyond the cars and really has created a group of good friends that have for the most part not met one another in person.

Think about it folks-this place rocks! Our assistance can make a significant impact for someone that has tremendously benefitted us and the 914.
rick 918-S
I second every word of what you posted Jeroen. I am watching this thread and I have a small band of brothers that want to see this thread grow. Were not admins but we aren't afraid to call one and have this thread deleted. This is a weekend effort for raising cash. This is not a debate forum. I started this thread and I will delete the whole thing if it goes wild.

My interest is pointing people to the paypal link to help our brother. That's it, that's all.

Everyone read my blog and beeehaaaveee. wavey.gif

Let's raise some money! clap.gif
Qarl
Perhaps we can take this to a couple of the other forums (if the admins agree). Pelican.... Rennlist, Shoptalk, Yahoo...

The more exposure the better.

I dunno.

rick 918-S
I went to Pelican and posted a message. My focus in on the group here. I know we can do this here for our friend.
rick 918-S
You guys want to know how serious I am about this?

If I have to sell my car to get your interest I will! wink.gif Think about that for a day! rolleyes.gif

I can build another one..... smash.gif
william harris
We are all serious. A couple of dozen of us have stepped up to the plate. A real band of brothers and sisters. Hey, all you lurkers, don't say (after this is all over) I wish I had helped Brad, but I didn't have the time, money, etc. As we write this and enjoy life - BRAD SITS IN JAIL - come on, now is the time, believe me, we need all of you. This club has how many members? Everybody can afford to put in something - together we can really accomplish something here. Together nobody can stop us! burnout.gif
butch
FREE BRAD!

one of the most honest and trustworthy inidviduals I hav ever had the pleasure to meet. It is such a shame that our law enforcement community has misdirected their thier valuable and scarce resources at such an upstanding citizen. I hope they figure out the real story soon.

FREE BRAD!!!
TimT
I stepped up and dropped some coin the other day, This past year was pretty good for me, so I can go to the well again if needed. Im ready to do that for Bradholio.

I got myself in a pickle years ago and it was the support of friends and family that helped me eventually prevail. Helping Brad out is like being part of his extended family!

When this is over, he can have us all over for Thanksgiving chowtime.gif monkeydance.gif ohmy.gif

I just cant understand why they dont release him on his own recognizance? that can be debated later I guess

beerchug.gif mueba.gif
David_S
Well ...here goes my part !!! Brad was one of the first guys to ever reply to my first post about how to do something to my teener, and after I read his post, and several others by him, I thought "what an asshole". But then ......several months later, I called and talked to him on the phone. My thoughts changed right then!!! The "asshole", as he calls himself, knows these cars BIG TIME. Brad and DD were the first 2 people I have actually gotten to meet from this board, and still the only 2 I have ever met. If he helps everyone like he helped me, which is obvious that he does, then you would have to be stupid not to try and help him!! The thing that still sticks in my mind ....How many people tried to fix DD's car after it had problems for how long ??? Brad stepped up and got it going in no time at all....and yes ...I got to see the little blue teener on its way to the Parade last year !!! I do not have a PayPal account, and have never wanted one......but I set one up last night, so ....after I have to wait 2 to 3 business days so I can verify the account, I am DEFINITLY going to pony up......just hope that it won't be too late. Until then ....I guess I will just have to wait!
scotty914
okay time for a icon_bump.gif

and i dare every vendor who sells products here on the 914 club, to send the money profited from stuff this weekend to the brad fund. i mean how much stuff would you really sell if the club was not here.

come on people brad has supported the club and 914's, its time 914's and the club give some support to brad.

yoou caan dooo it <--- best rob schnider impression
Bruce Allert
$20 via PayPal.....

Brad, it's your time now! This is all for you. What the 914 Club is doing now may not have ever been done before and, I'm sure, you can feel the positive thoughts & prayers in the air like static electricty. When a multitude of followers band together with their minds in the same thought pattern there is little place for negativity. It litterally drives it out. It's happening for you right now Buddy. The way of thinking will be swayed to your favor.

Chin up dude, be positive beer.gif I'm hav'n a FAT TIRE for ya smile.gif

.........b

Mueller
glad to hear that the bail amount was dropped to a more "reasonable" range.....

I kicked down a few bucks, I would like to have done more, but too many other things in the loop right now....

too bad someone just couldn't loan B $50K with low interest, with the $5K it'll never be seen again except for the fattening of the bail bond companies wallet, at least with the $50K loan, the full $50K would be given back when he goes back to trial...and I'd imagine that to be fairly soon...3 or 4 weeks possibly???
william harris
Ya-roon!!!! How we doing! Man, I will feel so much better when I know the bond has been posted. Come on guys, drop that coin and have a beer with Brad when he is back to the real world. beerchug.gif
richardL
I went to the arraignment for Brad yesterday.

One thing to remember is once you get involved with this system IT IS NOT CHEAP - regardless of the right or wrong, or the role you played - IT IS NOT CHEAP.

I can give you my word as to how your generosity is and will be appreciated.

Remember also that life is like a shit sandwich - the more bread you've got, the less shit you have to eat. biggrin.gif

Richard
Pnambic
The first two people I ever met on the board were Brad and Sean at Sean's house a few days before the first FFC. I don't know that you could pick two finer spokemen for the club©. I actually worked next to Brad, under Sean's car and he was constantly spewing out encouragment and knowledge. A truely awesome guy to be around.

If I hadn't just blown my entire wad on a Disney family vacation and an unexpected $600 for a new freaking waterpump in the boonies of GA trying to get back I'd have already donated. I hope that when I get paid this Friday, its not too late to still make difference.

(you can never trust a wasserpumper...) mad.gif
william harris
Mike: I just faxed you the information we talked about yesterday. Mike, you are no lawyer. Trial this year, maybe. The wheels of justice move very slowly. Gotta have money to buy justice. The best justice system money can buy. biggrin.gif
anderssj
OK, I'm in . . . hoping for the best for one of the best.

Mueller
QUOTE (william harris @ Mar 5 2005, 09:12 AM)
Mike: I just faxed you the information we talked about yesterday. Mike, you are no lawyer. Trial this year, maybe. The wheels of justice move very slowly. Gotta have money to buy justice. The best justice system money can buy. biggrin.gif

true, I was just guessing smile.gif , my bad...gotta quit watching Matlock, hahaha

thanks for the info....
william harris
Mike: the lead guy will take care of you. Everyone: I am on a mission from God here! I'm doing the Jerry Lewis computerton for Brad! Stay on this thread! BUMP! Raise the funds and all you lurkers, the club and Brad need you now. Who else is here with me? cool_shades.gif
william harris
Gotta go get some Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Someone, carry on and bump this thread until the money pours in. Back in 15 minutes. aktion035.gif
Allan
I sent a little yesterday. I really believe they should release ROR.
rick 918-S
I'm still around for a little while today then I have to leave until late tonight. The amount of money you can donate is not as important as the action you take to do it. All your efforts will be rewarded. Wait until Brad see's this! If the admins want to post the progress of the funds that's fine. If not they are holding the info for a reason. Support them. Support this cause.
ws91420
Sent what I thought I could afford right now. I challenge everyone to do the same whether its 1.00 or 100.00. Lets show our support. biggrin.gif aktion035.gif
william harris
Way to go guys. I can enjoy my coffee and donuts for a few minutes. We can have our own vitual tote board if everyone just lets us know there are in. Don't need to know how much, just join us and let us and Brad know that you were there when it really mattered. clap.gif
riverman
I've been watching with interest and I have been thinking - does someone who doesn't know me, nor me him, want my help? I don't know, but if it were the other way around (regardless of the circumstances) I think I would want his.

So, I gave to the fund. I consider it a payment for services rendered by 914Club, and it's founder, for all of the free advice, help, and entertainment I recieved since coming here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.