Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2016 edition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Toast
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Aug 16 2016, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 16 2016, 03:02 PM) *

Can we add SLITS as an Honorary attendee? It hurts not to see his name listed. sad.gif

Well, 1/2 of him is going wink.gif

cheer.gif wub.gif
ThinAir
Mike & I will be at the hotel Friday and Saturday nights. We'll arrive mid-day on Friday - probably after lunch.
Toast
Im going to try to do Thursday through Sunday. Still working on getting out that way. unsure.gif

I also still need a place to bunk if anyone is interested in splitting a hotel room with me.

Also is anyone running through Price on the back to SLC?

toast.gif
AZ914
Sharon,
I'll be there all 3 nights...
SharonG
Thanks for the attendance info folks!!! piratenanner.gif drunk.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 17 2016, 08:40 AM) *

Im going to try to do Thursday through Sunday. Still working on getting out that way. unsure.gif

I also still need a place to bunk if anyone is interested in splitting a hotel room with me.

toast.gif

Melba, I'll be running thru price on my way back to Salt Lake,,, I have an open seat.
Eric_Shea
Confirmed with hotel. Only 2 rooms left on the 10th now...
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 18 2016, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 17 2016, 08:40 AM) *

toast.gif

Melba, I'll be running thru price on my way back to Salt Lake,,, I have an open seat.

Me too prolly...
A&P Mech
I will be there Friday through Sunday.
StratPlayer
I'll be there thursday thru sunday
JRust
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 18 2016, 06:27 PM) *

I'll be there thursday thru sunday

Me too
Sleepin
We will more than likely be there Thursday through Sunday. I'm going to try to sneak our camper into the parking lot as a "support vehicle". Someone may need to put it on their hotel vehicle list. Lol.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 16 2016, 02:48 PM) *

Hey Folks, the attendee list is in Post #2. Please let us know if:

c) what day's you'll be at RRC if it's not Thurs 9/8 through Sun 9/11.

I'm on the list and that's when I'll be there, so I have nothing to tell you. zorro.gif
Eric_Shea
Caravan from SLC leaving before noon on Thursday. In fact, if we could leave around 9:00AM, we could have lunch at Ray's in Green River, Utah

Click to view attachment

Interesting option: Taking the back way in.

Mapquest: SLC>Redvale, CO>Ridgway, CO or, Just Moab, UT>Ridgway, CO - It's hard to believe that route would be anything but spectacular. Fuel up in Moab. I did a Google Earth flyby and it looked stunning.
StratPlayer
9 am sounds good to me....
JRust
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 19 2016, 07:26 AM) *

Caravan from SLC leaving before noon on Thursday. In fact, if we could leave around 9:00AM, we could have lunch at Ray's in Green River, Utah

Click to view attachment

Mapquest: SLC>Redvale, CO>Ridgway, CO or, Just Moab, UT>Ridgway, CO - It's hard to believe that route would be anything but spectacular. Fuel up in Moab. I did a Google Earth flyby and it looked stunning.

I will try. Just not sure how early I will get to leave Wednesday. If I don't work no problem. If I work half the day. Then maybe not
Toast
Any Peeps coming up from So Cal?
mgp4591
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 19 2016, 08:26 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I'm in - south of Moab take the turnoff to LaSal. The drive in through the canyon to the Telluride cutoff is spectacular! That's the route I took after RRC 2014 for my Colorado trip afterwards.
JustinMeier
Just be afraid of the deer on 550 at night.. Couple of them almost got my Vette a few years back dry.gif
map
Our stars have aligned (Thanks Mom)!

Pieper and Diane are booked. Arriving Friday night. Departing Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(map @ Aug 20 2016, 10:46 AM) *

Our stars have aligned (Thanks Mom)!

Pieper and Diane are booked. Arriving Friday night. Departing Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Great news Pieper! We needed another Mike at the event...
sixnotfour
Suzie, Nacho, Daisy and I will not be there.. bye1.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 16 2016, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 16 2016, 03:50 PM) *

QUOTE(snakemain @ Aug 16 2016, 01:12 PM) *

Think I might be out. Motor is completely f'd, and pretty much no chance to have it rebuilt/swapped out in time. Dammit.

You could just borrow Nelson's car. driving.gif

Brilliant - he did say it was running great!! happy11.gif

You know I bumped into Russ earlier today out and about Rio Rancho, and he mentioned your engine build had a few ... oddities. One rather serious one about how the oil was routed. blink.gif Sorry man, I sure hope it gets all fixed up OK. I say, put a six in that car! But as for borrowing mine ... yeah. Hehehe! That's a good one! av-943.gif

My dog did pass away yesterday which I wasn't sure about that happening before or after RRC, hence the main reason for my absence, but someday ... maybe ... it will be in the cards for me to make a Rt66 or RRC. If (when) I can finally get there, I might let someone else drive it. Around the block. Maybe. rolleyes.gif driving.gif screwy.gif
snakemain
QUOTE(Madswede @ Aug 20 2016, 03:28 PM) *

You know I bumped into Russ earlier today out and about Rio Rancho, and he mentioned your engine build had a few ... oddities. One rather serious one about how the oil was routed. blink.gif Sorry man, I sure hope it gets all fixed up OK. I say, put a six in that car! But as for borrowing mine ... yeah. Hehehe! That's a good one! av-943.gif

My dog did pass away yesterday which I wasn't sure about that happening before or after RRC, hence the main reason for my absence, but someday ... maybe ... it will be in the cards for me to make a Rt66 or RRC. If (when) I can finally get there, I might let someone else drive it. Around the block. Maybe. rolleyes.gif driving.gif screwy.gif

Sorry to hear that. sad.gif

Yeah, not really sure what to think about that whole engine thing. You'd think you wouldn't have to worry about that kind of stuff given peoples' good reputations. Probably try to rebuild the 4 into some sort of drivable combo, then if my frikkin house ever sells I can do a -6.

I was really looking forward to meeting all the RRC attendees next month.

jim_hoyland
I' m in need of a ride Sunday morning from Ridgeway to Montrose Airport; if you are planning an early departure Sunday and have room, it would be appreciated.
sixnotfour
Event Organizers ...would it be out of line to state it is an "adult themed event" children exposed to Shenanigans induced by what ever Beware... WE are Not your Parents.... If they bring you ??? ..Just Sayin OMG..

LMK so I can cancel my res... slits.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 20 2016, 07:03 PM) *

it is an "adult themed event"

Most of the attendees act like children. prop.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Aug 20 2016, 03:28 PM) *

Jon,

So sorry to hear about Sheila - tough day I know. My thoughts are with you...
Madswede
Thank you. But I don't want to hijack the fun of the thread. Go! Enjoy! Send off SLITS in style! I'll be keeping my 914 running for next time!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 20 2016, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 20 2016, 07:03 PM) *

it is an "adult themed event"

Most of the attendees act like children. prop.gif

you Totally missed my Point .. Bar Tender
Toast
There has never been a problem with the children being at these events. With the exception of the Atomic Ramble and a SLITS incident....
blink.gif
sixnotfour
I'm out..Delete from list

Brrnat cancel my shirts and donate funds to Slits junior for ..gas money ...or AAA
Sleepin
huh.gif drunk.gif WTF.gif
jim_hoyland
confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif
sixnotfour
Suzie has to work ....and I don't need a T shirt if I was not there..thats all..
1 room back on the block at Hotel... mad.gif
Sleepin
Well, Val and I are booked....
Chris914n6
Arrangements made biggrin.gif

Splitting a room with Toast. Also driving her up there. Latest word is she will like a ride to Price. I will be heading south and seeing Monument Valley on the way home. Only a couple of 12 hour drives blink.gif yellowsleep[1].gif

Taking the scenic route there, should be at Green River around 1-2pm if the Salt Lakers want to do lunch with us then caravan?

Party on!
Eric_Shea
I've got ya covered on the ride to Price Toast.
Elliot Cannon
I can't believe I'm not going to make this trip and miss a chance to share a room with Toast. sad.gif laugh.gif
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 21 2016, 10:48 AM) *

Suzie has to work ....and I don't need a T shirt if I was not there..thats all..
1 room back on the block at Hotel... mad.gif

Dude it's in your backyard practically. Don't just sit at home because Suzie can't come. Get off your duff & come by yourself beer.gif .
Toast
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 21 2016, 04:08 PM) *

I can't believe I'm not going to make this trip and miss a chance to share a room with Toast. sad.gif laugh.gif

Well get your butt out there. wink.gif
Toast
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 21 2016, 12:41 PM) *

Arrangements made biggrin.gif

Splitting a room with Toast. Also driving her up there. Latest word is she will like a ride to Price. I will be heading south and seeing Monument Valley on the way home. Only a couple of 12 hour drives blink.gif yellowsleep[1].gif

Taking the scenic route there, should be at Green River around 1-2pm if the Salt Lakers want to do lunch with us then caravan?

Party on!

Woo Hoo!! aktion035.gif rocking nana.gif girlboing.gif w00t2.gif

Thanks for the hookup Chris! You are gonna have a great time! drunk.gif

See ya all there!! grouphug.gif beerchug.gif

toast.gif
JustinMeier
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 20 2016, 09:44 PM) *

I'm out..Delete from list

Brrnat cancel my shirts and donate funds to Slits junior for ..gas money ...or AAA

Thank you but, damn.. Guess I'll catch you at another soon!
1stworks
Got my room lined up....
Three way with Ross biggrin.gif
Toast
Oh boy. This is going to be an interesting event. laugh.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(1stworks @ Aug 21 2016, 08:55 PM) *

Got my room lined up....
Three way with Ross biggrin.gif

Phrasing!!!

Still on track to arrive Friday lunch in a convoy with four Colo conversions!
Sleepin
Anyone up for meeting at our place in GJ on their way down Thursday? GJ-Ridgway convoy, so to speak....
Toast
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 22 2016, 12:09 PM) *

Anyone up for meeting at our place in GJ on their way down Thursday? GJ-Ridgway convoy, so to speak....

aktion035.gif

What time are you planing on heading up to Ridgeway. The West caravan is going to try to make it to Green River around noonish.
Sleepin
Anytime! It is SO far from our house!
Eric_Shea
Caravan Thread!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=292640
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.