Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2016 edition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
SharonG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2016, 08:46 AM) *

Sharon,

I noticed the lunch time on Friday at Bent Elbow was 12:30. If you leave Ridgway at 10:00am it is a one hour drive (34 miles) to Silverton. That puts you there at 11:00am.

Is lunch at 12:30 firm? The reason I am asking is to coordinate my departure with Jim from Durango.

Thanks!

Our reservation is for 12:30 so hopefully yes. smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 9 2016, 08:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2016, 08:46 AM) *

Sharon,

I noticed the lunch time on Friday at Bent Elbow was 12:30. If you leave Ridgway at 10:00am it is a one hour drive (34 miles) to Silverton. That puts you there at 11:00am.

Is lunch at 12:30 firm? The reason I am asking is to coordinate my departure with Jim from Durango.

Thanks!

Our reservation is for 12:30 so hopefully yes. smile.gif

Excellent - see you in Silverton at 12:30.
JustinMeier
Mike, give me a call, would like to run with you 9092760828
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 9 2016, 09:26 AM) *

Mike, give me a call, would like to run with you 9092760828

Will do - we aren't leaving until 11:30 (North of Durango).
76-914
What is the status of Stratplayer's (Jim) car? Is it back on the road?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 9 2016, 09:40 AM) *

What is the status of Stratplayer's (Jim) car? Is it back on the road?

Does he need parts? If so check Brant's trunks....
Toast
w00t.gif
Kansas 914
Just a note that I just got home.

What a great weekend with great friends.

Safe travels to everyone headed home today.

BIG THANKS to PMB Performance and 914Rubber for their on-going support of our events - cheers guys!
rhodyguy
what broke on jim's car? missed that one.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 11 2016, 11:36 AM) *

what broke on jim's car? missed that one.

Not sure yet. It was smoking REALLY bad. He got towed to Moab and is putting it on a trailer to get it to SLC today.
rhodyguy
WOW! That's horrible.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 11 2016, 02:45 PM) *

WOW! That's horrible.

Jimmy said he noticed the cabin filling with smoke and saying "This isn't good".
JamesM
Made it home in one piece! Well mostly one piece, the nut for my lower alternator bolt is somewhere between Ridgeway and Montrose and i cooked 4 alternator belts on the drive back because of it. VERY lucky the first belt started squealing while in Montrose and not the 200 miles of nothing that followed. Also very lucky that Jerry happened to pass by the same way and caravaned with me all the way back to my house. Thanks a TON Jerry! could have been a real bad day had you not been there.

914 guys are the best!

Do we know if everyone else made it back ok?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 11 2016, 05:39 PM) *

Made it home in one piece! Well mostly one piece, the nut for my lower alternator bolt is somewhere between Ridgeway and Montrose and i cooked 4 alternator belts on the drive back because of it. VERY lucky the first belt started squealing while in Montrose and not the 200 miles of nothing that followed. Also very lucky that Jerry happened to pass by the same way and caravaned with me all the way back to my house. Thanks a TON Jerry! could have been a real bad day had you not been there.

914 guys are the best!

Do we know if everyone else made it back ok?

914 guys and gals are the best.

Glad you are home safe.

Note to self - add alternator belt to the spares kit......
mgp4591
Jim and I met his friend, loaded up his car and I went on by myself after they were good to go. Had a snack in Moab while we waited but pretty good timing over all....
I even got just a warning from the Highway Patrol for being an little rambunctious with the throttle! A very pleasant guy overall so no worries! Made it home with no further incidents.
A great time with great people and some unforgettable rides and drives! Thanks to all of the hard workers who put this together and for everyones good cheer through the weekend - what a blast!
JamesM
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 11 2016, 03:54 PM) *

Note to self - add alternator belt to the spares kit......

I was thinking the exact same thing. I had all the gear in case my clutch cable broke, my shift linkage, a spare MPS. somehow didnt even think to pack a belt. Seems like a good thing to have in a 914 all the time.
Toast
I believe that Justin made it to Scottsdale after a little cable fix by fellow teener passerby's Ernie and Mike. pray.gif
rnellums
The Colorado outlaws crew all made it back. One little hiccup with the orange car, but otherwise flawless.
MoveQik
GREAT weekend! Thanks to the Lowes, the Shints, 914 Rubber, PMB and everyone else that had a hand in putting this together and giving away free stuff!
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 11 2016, 07:57 PM) *

I believe that Justin made it to Scottsdale after a little cable fix by fellow teener passerby's Ernie and Mike. pray.gif

All good! Stupid throttle cable, all damn weekend!

At least this time I had the center console out and already figured out what to do as a temp fix when they rolled by :rofl:

Big thanks to Ernie, Mike, Toast, Chris and Jamie for helping me out on the side of the road!
ThinAir
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 11 2016, 10:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 11 2016, 07:57 PM) *

All good! Stupid throttle cable, all damn weekend!

At least this time I had the center console out and already figured out what to do as a temp fix when they rolled by :rofl:

Big thanks to Ernie, Mike, Toast, Chris and Jamie for helping me out on the side of the road!

It just wouldn't be a RRC without some work on Ron's car. We were glad to induct Justin into the tradition!
Click to view attachment
SharonG
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 11 2016, 09:15 PM) *

GREAT weekend! Thanks to the Lowes, the Shints, 914 Rubber, PMB and everyone else that had a hand in putting this together and giving away free stuff!

And the McClungs! Miss you guys already.
StratPlayer
Did anyone get busted for smoking in there room?
Sleepin
Nope. Did you? I know the hallway ended up smelling like smoke.gif though.
JustinMeier
And everyone wonders why I smoke concentrates... They don't smell like the green stuff!
rhodyguy
Sounds like things were a bit more uptight than escalante. Management there was more than casual. What was the story behind the parking lot? Who was 'that person' this year?
Toast
Actually the management there said that "we were not a problem." blink.gif

Justin Meier won That Guy award....now renamed as The SLITS Award. smiley_notworthy.gif
Sleepin
We actually got kicked INSIDE this year. It was the damnedest thing.
StratPlayer
Yep, they charged me 150.00 for smoking in the room.... What sucks is that I didn't smoke in my room what so ever. I bought some herb from the head shop across the street, set it the table in my room and went outside to party. When I came back to the room it stunk of skunk, I put the herb in the fridge.

So they smelled herb in my room and charged me 150 and accused me of smoking in my room..... its just another way for them to extort money from people.

It turned out to be an very expensive week end for me.
Toast

Ron Meier

Thanks

The time spent was invaluable to me. You will never know how much it meant that you cared so much. I'm sorry that it couldn't have been forever and one day.

Think happy thoughts until I can be with you again.

"Yellow Rusty Cars Are Faster"

09-14-2003, 09:06 PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.