Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2016 edition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
JustinMeier
Driving to So Cal tonight.. Oil leaks are fixed, now they are just doing misc stuff so they said to pick it up tomorrow at noon. driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 7 2016, 01:39 PM) *

Driving to So Cal tonight.. Oil leaks are fixed, now they are just doing misc stuff so they said to pick it up tomorrow at noon. driving.gif

Great news!
brant

great!
Toast
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 7 2016, 01:06 PM) *

great!

cheer.gif aktion035.gif
MoveQik
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but can I assume Friday night is casual and Saturday is formal, as usual?

See you guys Friday!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 7 2016, 03:27 PM) *

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but can I assume Friday night is casual and Saturday is formal, as usual?

See you guys Friday!

Click to view attachment
Friday, September 9:
9:14(ish)am:  Start accumulating in the parking lot and GO GET GAS if you need it or don’t already have it.
10am:  Head out to Silverton.  Map attached.
12:30: Lunch at Bent Elbow, 1114 Blair St, Silverton, CO   
7pm:  Pizza at the hotel.
Shenanigans
brant
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 7 2016, 03:27 PM) *

See you guys Friday!

nope...
the whole event is formal this year
I'd recommend tails in your case.... but double breasted at a minimum
JustinMeier
I have a tux onesie.. Is that acceptable?

Inverse of this one, white on black...

IPB Image
JustinMeier
Dad is packed up and ready to make the trip.... Well, at least some of him is blink.gif
green914
Justin,
I never met your dad, from what I have read, I missed out on knowing a really great guy. Look forward to meeting you. beerchug.gif

Everyone have a safe trip! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

We had a very nice drive getting to Ridgway. The town has a nice head shop, and a good supply in the smoke shops. smoke.gif Time to relax.

bye1.gif
Jerrry

Kansas 914
QUOTE(green914 @ Sep 7 2016, 04:45 PM) *

We had a very nice drive getting to Ridgway. The town has a nice head shop, and a good supply in the smoke shops. smoke.gif Time to relax.
Jerrry

Welcome to Colorado - a state with benefits.....
green914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
I'm a happy guy! smile.gif
smoke.gif
JustinMeier
QUOTE(green914 @ Sep 7 2016, 03:45 PM) *

Justin,
I never met your dad, from what I have read, I missed out on knowing a really great guy. Look forward to meeting you. beerchug.gif

Everyone have a safe trip! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

bye1.gif
Jerrry

Same here!

Everyone should stop at LivWell and use my rewards card # wink.gif
green914
What time is everyone leaving Ray's to head for Moab? driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif
Eric_Shea
1:30ish-ish??
JamesM
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 6 2016, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 6 2016, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 5 2016, 09:58 AM) *

Hope you get it up and running would be great to see you caravan with us to Ridgeway. Good Luck driving-girl.gif

Thanks, Fighting this one till the end and I still hope to make it. I probably wont finish everything I wanted to get done but did manage to address the problems that came up.

Got the d-jet working again. My MPS had decided it no longer wanted to hold vacuum. also found the harness side connector for my head temp sensor was just about broken off. Fixed both issues but my spare MPS is less than perfect (slight leak). going to see if I can borrow one from another local guy so I have a spare for the trip.

I think we have Bronze bushings here...

I had a set of bronze ones on my shelf, back in the car and good to go.

Scott had a spare unmolested 049 MPS from his no longer used 1.7 that I am borrowing for the weekend. I my only 1.7 spare was an 041 that looks to have been rebuilt, works but is noticeably lean under light throttle, the 049 is nice and smooth so ill drive on that one and bring the 041 as my backup given both of them seem to have very minor leaks.

As it stands right now im looking good to go.

mgp4591
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 7 2016, 08:30 PM) *

Hope you get it up and running would be great to see you caravan with us to Ridgeway. Good Luck driving-girl.gif

Thanks, Fighting this one till the end and I still hope to make it. I probably wont finish everything I wanted to get done but did manage to address the problems that came up.

Got the d-jet working again. My MPS had decided it no longer wanted to hold vacuum. also found the harness side connector for my head temp sensor was just about broken off. Fixed both issues but my spare MPS is less than perfect (slight leak). going to see if I can borrow one from another local guy so I have a spare for the trip.

Scott had a spare unmolested 049 MPS from his no longer used 1.7 that I am borrowing for the weekend. I my only 1.7 spare was an 041 that looks to have been rebuilt, works but is noticeably lean under light throttle, the 049 is nice and smooth so ill drive on that one and bring the 041 as my backup given both of them seem to have very minor leaks.

So we're seeing you at PMB at 8:30 or so? shades.gif
StratPlayer
thats great, we are meeting at pmb at 8 30 am. see you there.
JamesM
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 7 2016, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 7 2016, 08:30 PM) *

So we're seeing you at PMB at 8:30 or so? shades.gif

8:30 is about 2 hours before I usually open my eyes in the morning, but yes, going to try and be there. Packing the car and getting the coffee machine ready now.
JRust
Made it to SLC. Much closer now
JustinMeier
I made it to So Cal, much further now. laugh.gif
Kansas 914
Sharon,

I noticed the lunch time on Friday at Bent Elbow was 12:30. If you leave Ridgway at 10:00am it is a one hour drive (34 miles) to Silverton. That puts you there at 11:00am.

Is lunch at 12:30 firm? The reason I am asking is to coordinate my departure with Jim from Durango.

Thanks!
Larmo63
I LOVE Mike's "WWSD" slogan.

We need shirts with that on it.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 8 2016, 08:52 AM) *

I LOVE Mike's "WWSD" slogan.

We need shirts with that on it.

smile.gif

I don't think too many people understood it - glad you did - cheers!

Sorry you won't be here this weekend.
Larmo63
I'll be there in spirit!!!!!!
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2016, 07:46 AM) *

Sharon,

I noticed the lunch time on Friday at Bent Elbow was 12:30. If you leave Ridgway at 10:00am it is a one hour drive (34 miles) to Silverton. That puts you there at 11:00am.

Is lunch at 12:30 firm? The reason I am asking is to coordinate my departure with Jim from Durango.

Thanks!

I'm possibly interested in joining the caravan.. I'm in Cortez tonight, I was going to go up 145 but I could modify that and do 550. When were you guys planning on leaving?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 8 2016, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2016, 07:46 AM) *

Sharon,

Thanks!

I'm possibly interested in joining the caravan.. I'm in Cortez tonight, I was going to go up 145 but I could modify that and do 550. When were you guys planning on leaving?

Justin - we are still trying to figure that out. We just want to arrive in Silverton by lunch and meet the gang there. I love that drive along 145.
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2016, 08:00 AM) *

Justin - we are still trying to figure that out. We just want to arrive in Silverton by lunch and meet the gang there. I love that drive along 145.

Looking at the map, it looks like 550 is my only real choice. Let me know what you come up with and I'll try to make it.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 8 2016, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2016, 08:00 AM) *

Looking at the map, it looks like 550 is my only real choice. Let me know what you come up with and I'll try to make it.

Do you want to meet the group in Ridgway and make the drive to Silverton with them and hang out in town before lunch?
jim_hoyland
Great weather, gonna be top-off driving weather; got sunscreen ?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 8 2016, 10:19 AM) *

Great weather, gonna be yop-off driving weather; got sunscreen ?

No kidding on sunscreen. The sun here is intense, you will burn much faster than at sea level.
Kansas 914
BTW - Happy Birthday Ernie!

birthday3.gif
MoveQik
When do you guys expect to be back to the hotel after the Friday drive? No need for us to rush up there to an empty hotel if you guys are gone all day. smile.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 8 2016, 10:22 AM) *

When do you guys expect to be back to the hotel after the Friday drive? No need for us to rush up there to an empty hotel if you guys are gone all day. smile.gif

Well....if you drive through Durango and up through Silverton, don't you think you would notice 20 914's cruising around? I doubt they would be part of a different group. poke.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 8 2016, 10:35 AM) *

Well....if you drive through Durango and up through Silverton, don't you think you would notice 20 914's cruising around? I doubt they would be part of a different group. poke.gif

That adds an hour....
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 8 2016, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 8 2016, 10:35 AM) *

That adds an hour....

It is the best hour of the entire drive - but I am prejudiced. sunglasses.gif
Sleepin
I bet we'd be back in Ridgway by 3 or 4.
JustinMeier
On the road!

Quick question on oil temps.. what's normal for the 2.7 and when should I start to worry?
sixnotfour
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 8 2016, 11:35 AM) *

On the road!

Quick question on oil temps.. what's normal for the 2.7 and when should I start to worry?

according to your Dad it will vapor lock first..

Kansas 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 8 2016, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 8 2016, 11:35 AM) *

On the road!

according to your Dad it will vapor lock first..

agree.gif

From Pelican:

180-210 is the proper range; 130 is too cool to dissipate water etc in the oil. 220-230 every now and then is fine; 250 isn't. Engine life drops quickly when oil temps consistently exceed 210.
Ferg
I agree that 210 is optimal, but being a 2.7 I'm betting you will see 230 on the highway.

If it climbs up to 250 on sustained grades and then drops back into the 220-30 area that is what I would call normal for a 2.7 with no external cooler.

Toast
SLITS car would occasionally get up to 2:50 if Running In the Heat of the day and on grades. It would usually drop down. But sometimes we would pull over and let it cool down for a bit.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 8 2016, 12:18 PM) *

SLITS car would occasionally get up to 2:50 if Running In the Heat of the day and on grades. It would usually drop down. But sometimes we would pull over and let it cool down for a bit.

and add oil beer3.gif
Toast
Just picked up a Huge Green River watermelon to cut in half and pour vodka in....

happy11.gif
JRust
Hey I have a spare bedroom if anyone is still looking to sit a room
JustinMeier
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 8 2016, 01:26 PM) *

and add oil beer3.gif

Speaking of adding fluids, where does the water go?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 8 2016, 04:24 PM) *

w00t.gif

lol-2.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 8 2016, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 8 2016, 01:26 PM) *

and add oil beer3.gif

In your belly to hydrate in preparation to the punishment your body will receive in the next couple days. beer3.gif
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2016, 03:33 PM) *

w00t.gif

lol-2.gif

It's ok, I found it under the front hood. Performance seems a little low now though confused24.gif
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 8 2016, 03:35 PM) *

In your belly to hydrate in preparation to the punishment your body will receive in the next couple days. beer3.gif

beer3.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.