Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
PanelBilly
My skin is too thin for this job
Mikey914
Medford was great. Liked the AX, but could go either way.
If you do cone North, Pats Acres may be a good place?
Willing to help in any way I can.
ConeDodger
Southern California.
Tom_T
I think it's a good idea to alternate north to south - & whether there's a 3rd central at SoOR/NoCal thrown into the rotation, & if some consider San Fran/Central Coast a 4th location (last year IIRC), then it should move around to cover all locations so that the most folks can attend without the long drive to/from every time .... but eventually it need to come south again.

Since you're up in Kent WA, wouldn't a true northern (WA) location make sense, then 2018 should come to SoCal (& hopefully my resto wil be done by then ;-).

Thanx for taking it on! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Steve
I would like to see a streets of willow event again. How long has it been? I am also bummed that I missed the Oregon event. Job and family prevents me from being an organiser, so I understand it has to go where people can organize it.
JRust
Billy do it where you are comfortable. It is up to whoever steps up to plan. It is great to pick a location that is closer for everyone. Problem is even when you put it closer to people. Half of the close people still aren't going to go. So plan it in a cool place that you know. If it wasn't for the Medford track & doing an AutoX. I would have planned it in the Willamette valley. I know a lot of sweet roads & some beautiful site's.

Also if in WA plan it later than May. If I plan WCR again it will be later in the year. Odds of inclement weather decrease by a lot. Everyone will give their opinions but in the end. When you are organizing it. Do what makes sense for you while keeping everyone in mind. You won't get everyone to come. So plan a fun event when & where you want. 914 world will either be there in force or not. Whether you have 20 cars or 50. The weekend will be fun biggrin.gif
914werke
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 28 2016, 09:57 AM) *

Southern California.

Perhaps you should step up Rob.
rhodyguy
Willows was '05. Fun time. Issaquah was nice but a long haul from anywhere other western wa. A full coastal drive hurts attendance either way. I think it was over 1k for Curt last weekend. Never, NEVER, plan anything in Washington until after the 4th of July. Chances for good weather improve. Chances....
mgp4591
I'm sorry I had to miss Medford this year - it looks like a great time was had because of great planning and participation.
I loved the coast last year and wouldn't mind further south on the coast too. I'm not familiar with previous destinations but my goal is not to miss another event anywhere close to me - just too cool to hang with everyone with like minds. Or out of their minds; whatever definition fits you! biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Shasta Lake ? Kart track in Redding....may require a connection though.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 28 2016, 10:18 AM) *

I think it's a good idea to alternate north to south - & whether there's a 3rd central at SoOR/NoCal thrown into the rotation, & if some consider San Fran/Central Coast a 4th location (last year IIRC), then it should move around to cover all locations so that the most folks can attend without the long drive to/from every time .... but eventually it need to come south again.

Since you're up in Kent WA, wouldn't a true northern (WA) location make sense, then 2018 should come to SoCal (& hopefully my resto wil be done by then ;-).

Thanx for taking it on! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

The rotation for the last few years has been; PNW, SoOR/NorCal, SoCal and Tahoe. Regardless, its up to whomever steps up to be the planning committee. first.gif

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 28 2016, 11:46 AM) *

Willows was '05. Fun time. Issaquah was nice but a long haul from anywhere other western wa. A full coastal drive hurts attendance either way. I think it was over 1k for Curt last weekend. Never, NEVER, plan anything in Washington until after the 4th of July. Chances for good weather improve. Chances....

It was 1100 miles for me. Southern Oregon is about the same as far as Late June for better weather but acquiring the track dictates that.
Andyrew
Loved wcc05. Streets of willow was amazing and I would love to do that again.

If we could replicate that Itinerary I think that would be awesome!
914_teener
Food for thought.....

R66 from what I understand will be in So Cal next year.

I really liked the event in 05 and then last year in Cambria as some to the Northern Coast folks were there and it was fun to meet them.

I'd be willing to help down here in 2018.
Andyrew
If R66 is going to be in socal then maybe Tahoe? That had probably some of the best driving views and roads to date, not to mention some great restraunts in south lake tahoe.

Or what about Yosemite? Some great roads and views around there. Mammoth lake has some reasonable hotels.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(JRust @ May 28 2016, 11:24 AM) *

Billy do it where you are comfortable. It is up to whoever steps up to plan. It is great to pick a location that is closer for everyone. Problem is even when you put it closer to people. Half of the close people still aren't going to go. So plan it in a cool place that you know. If it wasn't for the Medford track & doing an AutoX. I would have planned it in the Willamette valley. I know a lot of sweet roads & some beautiful site's.

Also if in WA plan it later than May. If I plan WCR again it will be later in the year. Odds of inclement weather decrease by a lot. Everyone will give their opinions but in the end. When you are organizing it. Do what makes sense for you while keeping everyone in mind. You won't get everyone to come. So plan a fun event when & where you want. 914 world will either be there in force or not. Whether you have 20 cars or 50. The weekend will be fun biggrin.gif

agree.gif If you are going to step up and do the work (and it's a lot I'm told) then you should make it easy on yourself. Do it at your convenience and the rest of us will cope. By the way, here's the reason I didn't make it to the WCR this year. I flew it home the Thursday before the WCR. Loads of fun.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 28 2016, 04:46 PM) *

agree.gif If you are going to step up and do the work (and it's a lot I'm told) then you should make it easy on yourself. Do it at your convenience and the rest of us will cope. By the way, here's the reason I didn't make it to the WCR this year. I flew it home the Thursday before the WCR. Loads of fun.

Now THAT'S a GOOD reason!
PanelBilly
I think that The schedule and location should coordinate with the Porsche Parade that will be held in eastern Washington. Not part of the event. Can't have a direct connection to PCA stuff. That would be asking for trouble. I'm thinking an event that would be scheduled for the Teener owner to attend WCR on the way to Spokane our on the way back.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 28 2016, 02:45 PM) *

Southern California.

Perhaps you should step up Rob.

Really? I've done three of these with McMark. Perhaps I should step up? lol-2.gif

76-914

Is that a Stits Playboy behind your plane? You gotta love the stall and spin recovery techniques on that new plane, Elliot. Congrats
Rand

Here's the reason I didn't make it to the WCR this year. I flew it home the Thursday before the WCR. Loads of fun.

Nice. I want a ride.

Sooo... No excuse for next year? tongue.gif

EdwardBlume
I agree with Jaime.. if you organize it, you choose the venue. first.gif
green914
Thank you Billy! agree.gif Do what you think will work best.
jmmotorsports
the best 914 events i have been to were the bbq's at garretts house a few years ago no motels or driveing for hundereds of miles to get there

jerry
Heeltoe914

agree.gif Whoever's planning, picks the location.. sometimes a location survey helps.

Details Elliot.. Is that a 4 or 6? is that the original paint? Looks like the tires are oversized for the rim... and the wings are too long for the body biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 28 2016, 09:15 PM) *

I think that The schedule and location should coordinate with the Porsche Parade that will be held in eastern Washington. Not part of the event. Can't have a direct connection to PCA stuff. That would be asking for trouble. I'm thinking an event that would be scheduled for the Teener owner to attend WCR on the way to Spokane our on the way back.

Why not get involved with PCA? The SIG will take care of the insurance and provide some money for the event. Talk to Bob Saville about it. He will help out.

And if it is in SoCal, Betty and I may be able to come out there. We can't do a 4 day drive to Oregon though.....

rhodyguy
Co-ordinating around parade will make for 2 weeks away from home for some people. Just the hotel costs would be staggering. Food? Prohibitive. Gas and everything else? More expensive than a couple of weeks in Kehei Maui. Don't worry about the date just yest. Pick the location first.

ClayPerrine
You don't have to coordinate with Parade to use the PCA resources. Just pick a location, and talk to Bob. The paperwork is easy, PCA then backs the event for insurance purposes, and they give you money!!!

rhodyguy
I don't mean co-ordinating WITH PCA at all. Just the time frame for the WCR and the duration required to tie them together. May events up north can be weather dicey as demonstrated in Medford. Packing stocking caps, warm gloves and clothing aren't on most people's trip list unless they're going skiing. There were some cold folks last weekend.
siverson
I would love to attend next year and NOT win the furthest distance award.

-Steve
JRust
QUOTE(siverson @ May 31 2016, 05:29 PM) *

-Steve

lol-2.gif Oh crap I still haven't sent your awards. Totally spaced it. I'm going to go get the box in my rig right now. Sorry sad.gif
Larmo63
QUOTE(siverson @ May 31 2016, 05:29 PM) *

-Steve

That WAS quite a drive, even in my truck. beerchug.gif
jmmotorsports

Southern California.

no californiaso cal guys can do what they want down there
Mike D.
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Jun 1 2016, 01:24 AM) *

Southern California.

no californiaso cal guys can do what they want down there

Alright then...
Didn't see you at the central coast...

Mike D.
I'm really bummed I missed 2016. I had a week long vacation planned. The date moved up earlier to get the track and my kids are still in school.
I know "waaa" for me, right. I chose to attend Route 66, 8 hours. I would have gone to Medford only 2 more. I also supported the event by giving all left overs from 2016.

Leamon, Don and I have another location for an event picked out. Maybe next year or the next. These event are alot of work.
Thank You Jaime for putting in the time this year.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jun 1 2016, 09:19 AM) *

I'm really bummed I missed 2016. I had a week long vacation planned. The date moved up earlier to get the track and my kids are still in school.
I know "waaa" for me, right. I chose to attend Route 66, 8 hours. I would have gone to Medford only 2 more. I also supported the event by giving all left overs from 2016.

Leamon, Don and I have another location for an event picked out. Maybe next year or the next. These event are alot of work.

Where are you thinking of, Mr. Walrus face?
don-6
The last WCR events have been Medford, Lake Tahoe, Cambria, Medford.
Rotating the event gives the opportunity for more to attend, while splitting distances that we have to travel.
Holding the event in the extreme North means you will lose most of the California drivers.
If it were held in San Diego, we would lose most of the PNW drivers.
The WCR has always been a West coast event.
Maybe it will split and become two separate events, but I hope not.
I enjoy meeting members from outside my local area.
914werke
So what.... Vancouver BC is out of the question?
914_teener
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 1 2016, 08:49 AM) *

Snarkyness.....oh my.

I will help Bill if you decided to do it in So Cal.
ConeDodger
That was my point. Southern California is due.

Perhaps a return to the Streets of Willows.

We have time to see if a So Cal committee volunteers.
76-914
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jun 1 2016, 08:19 AM) *

WCR2015 was fantastic and I'll make sure to attend if you guys do another one in that general area. Kent beerchug.gif

QUOTE(don-6 @ Jun 1 2016, 08:37 AM) *

Holding the event in the extreme North means you will lose most of the California drivers.
If it were held in San Diego, we would lose most of the PNW drivers.
The WCR has always been a West coast event.
Maybe it will split and become two separate events, but I hope not.
I enjoy meeting members from outside my local area.

I would like them to be in Temecula every year. av-943.gif I think rotation of the site allows some members to attend an event that might not be within their reach, otherwise. Just as I cannot make the events in Wa or OR there are those that cannot
will not make a 2 day drive. Wouldn't it be great if we could attend all of them. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 1 2016, 08:59 AM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 1 2016, 08:49 AM) *

I will help Bill if you decided to do it in So Cal.

Me too!
JRust
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jun 1 2016, 08:19 AM) *

Wish your crew could have made it up this year Mike! While the weather could have been better. It was still a great weekend. The track day a blast was had by all. Could have run a little smoother. Took them a while to have us out on the track. All in all though that track makes Medford a lock every few years.

I love that track & am considering trying to setup an annual 914 autoX weekend there. It would be a summer event to be sure. Just a thought at this point though.
rhodyguy
The AX weekend sounds like a very good idea as a stand alone event.
Andyrew
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 1 2016, 01:17 PM) *
I love that track & am considering trying to setup an annual 914 autoX weekend there. It would be a summer event to be sure. Just a thought at this point though.

100% down.

Already have my room reserved! smile.gif

I plan on going up there a couple of times a year.
PanelBilly
There's so much to offer if we hang out in the south Puget Sound area. Griot's Garage will surely offer up some fun as well as LeMays car collection. I know the fellow who put together the personal collection for LeMays and might be able to get us a tour. We have 2 local tracks but my connection to the one is weak and I don't know anyone at the other. Still need to do some homework.

No decisions yet. It's all just food for thought
rhodyguy
What are your thoughts on where to base out of?
Larmo63
That's a pretty long drive for us low landers down here.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 1 2016, 02:31 PM) *

That's a pretty long drive for us low landers down here.

hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
jim_hoyland
Lots of beautiful country up there.... smile.gif The WCR in Issaquah was one of the most spectacular events to date; Port Gamble, Mount Ranier.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 1 2016, 02:10 PM) *

What are your thoughts on where to base out of?

No thoughts yet
ben*james
I'd definitely travel to northern Washington for a 914 event and I'd bring at least a few peeps with me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.