Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 heat exchanger group buy 1-5/8 updates and list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mb911
Here is a shot today with a set of 1.5" on my 2.4 and our new muffler. Click to view attachment
914dave
Very sexy!!
mb911
Updates

There seems to be some of the same questions that pop up when people go to install these.
1st is what type of nuts should be used for installation? You should use the same setup as a 911 with barrel nuts in the locations with the pass through holes. The attached photo shows what they are.

Next what oil lines should you use? Typically stock setup is very efficient but a stock -6 cooler has a bracket that can interfere with the heat exchanger so note that. Eric from Pmb is the only one to my knowledge that has run into this but should be noted.

Price wise currently they are $1950 for 914world folks. I can hold that price for sure for the next 4 sets but after my current stainless inventory is used up then we will be affected by the current steel price surge.. This is for both for 1.5" and 1.625 ..

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
Works of art for sure. beerchug.gif
mb911
After a 3 years of making these very high quality heat exchangers I have to make a decision. We recently did time studys on these and discovered that they just aren't worth making with the current cost of materials and the labor required to build them. I have approximately 5 set's left worth of parts and will honor the 2200 retail on them until those are gone and also the world members discount. After that the price will jump to 27-2800 retail(yet to be determined).. I will look into developing a cheaper version for those still looking for a header with heat but it will not look anything like these or the stock for that matter.

Thank you for all of your support on these over the year's and hope to continue to build them but I wanted to be up front so no surprises.
worn
QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 26 2018, 02:35 PM) *

After a 3 years of making these very high quality heat exchangers I have to make a decision. We recently did time studys on these and discovered that they just aren't worth making with the current cost of materials and the labor required to build them. I have approximately 5 set's left worth of parts and will honor the 2200 retail on them until those are gone and also the world members discount. After that the price will jump to 27-2800 retail(yet to be determined).. I will look into developing a cheaper version for those still looking for a header with heat but it will not look anything like these or the stock for that matter.

Thank you for all of your support on these over the year's and hope to continue to build them but I wanted to be up front so no surprises.

Well...durn it all. Thanks for making them what we could afford. I prolly waited too long. Good to have you on the side of righteousness and 914eeneeing.
mb911
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 26 2018, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 26 2018, 02:35 PM) *

Well...durn it all. Thanks for making them what we could afford. I prolly waited too long. Good to have you on the side of righteousness and 914eeneeing.

I will still make them in the future but they just have to get more expensive..

I still have the 5 or so sets that I will honor pricing.
mb911
Prices are going up Jan 1 so get in while you can.. I realized I have more parts then I thought so the more the merrier.. 1950 until the end of the year..
mb911
Time is running out.. Gonna take a Big jump in price shortly.. Will take payment plans for those interested..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.