Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 heat exchanger group buy 1-5/8 updates and list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mb911
If you have seen my other thread about header sizing I just wanted to start a clean thread with a list of who is on it. I will be putting regular updates on here. I will be asking for a $500 deposit with delivery by mid December (Fingers crossed) with a total of $1500 for the 1st 12 (was going to be 10 but all came at once) sets will sell for $1500 and then will go to $1900

Please remit payment to the following

M&B Specialties llc
5171 Ruedebusch road
Burlington, WI 53105

The list is as follows

Live free&Drive (paid deposit)
Raynekat (paid deposit)
Tremn (paid deposit)
restore2seater (pat g paid deposit)
jeffs9146 (not sure off Screen name)
jmuriz (paid deposit)
Danny thomas (paid deposit)
Maddin (paid deposit)
Mike Garrison (paid deposit)
Mark Epstein (paid deposit)
Morgan H(paid deposit)
Steve (paid deposit)

db9146 (pending)
Sixnotfour(pending)

Need help to make sure I have everybody covered

below is a picture of the header in progressClick to view attachment
bahnzai
Ben,
I am still in.
Deposit going out today.
Thanks,
Danny Thomas
mb911
Thanks Danny.. Wouldn't be possible without you.
Steve
I will also get the deposit in the mail today or tomorrow.
JmuRiz
Same here, I'll send it off tomorrow biggrin.gif

Edit: sent!
db9146
My apologies for being lazy and asking this question but what is the ID of the factory HEs vs. the 1 5/8ths of Ben's HEs (I'm assuming Ben's are larger)?

At what point (engine-size wise) is it recommended to make the transition?

mb911
1.5 inch was stock with an Id of 1.375..
mb911
Just a note shipping is not included. I just thought I would mention that ahead of the time..

For those not in the initial buy I will sell you sets at 1650 after the first sets are fullfilled but will not take any orders discounted after the 1st group buy starts getting delivered.
horizontally-opposed
Is this for headers or heat exchangers—as in, will these get heater boxes?

Thanks,

pete
mb911
Yup heater boxes as well.
raynekat
Check in the mail today. Thx
mepstein
my check just went in the mail
Steve
I was told 2.7-3.2 is 1 5/8"
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 26 2016, 08:54 AM) *

If you have seen my other thread about header sizing I just wanted to start a clean thread with a list of who is on it. I will be putting regular updates on here. I will be asking for a $500 deposit with delivery by mid December (Fingers crossed) with a total of $1500 for the 1st 12 (was going to be 10 but all came at once) sets will sell for $1500 and then will go to $1900

Please remit payment to the following

M&B Specialties llc
5171 Ruedebusch road
Burlington, WI 53105

The list is as follows

Live free&Drive
Henshe
Raynekat
Tremn
restore2seater
jeffs9146
jmuriz
Danny thomas
Spertec performance
PMB
Mike Garrison
Mark Epstein

below is a picture of the header in progressClick to view attachment

The work in progress looks like stainless..... is it ?........ looks fantastic !
Also, what model is your miller welder ? mig or mig/tig ?
mb911
Stainless yes..

It's a plasma that you are seeing

Henry and I spoke allot about header sizing. 2.7 and up is best for 15/8" but 2.4 or 2.5 in non stock form benefit hugely from the larger header.. I will be using them on my 2.4.
Steve
Deposits in the mail.
mb911
Thanks everyone checks are starting to make there way here.. I will send invoices out to everyone whom has paid with all the important information.. Will update more by the end of the weekend of the prototype s.. I will be gone most of the weekend but my fabricator will be working them..
horizontally-opposed
Cool project!

May be interested depending on heater box arrangement, as the only option so far that has appealed to me is the Dansk repop (which I think is mild steel?). That said, wonder if the smaller Dansk setup is better sized for a 2.2...though it did put 170 hp to the rear wheels.
cal914
Do you take PayPal
mb911
I do but fees would be your responsibility.
jd74914
Those are looking great Ben! biggrin.gif
mepstein
These would be 2X - 3X the cost if they were 911 parts. (Or if we were just paying Ben what he's worth)
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 30 2016, 05:45 AM) *

These would be 2X - 3X the cost if they were 911 parts. (Or if we were just paying Ben what he's worth)

They may get there after group buy to make them feasible.
914dave
Have you mocked up the heater boxes yet? Curious to what they're gonna look like.

johnhora
This is Beautiful Art.....by a skilled artisan....damn nice work Ben!
Luke M
What would a set of headers in 1 5/8 '' w/o heater boxes sell for?

That is if you will be making them that way?
eyesright
PM sent, deposit in tomorrow's mail.
mb911
QUOTE(Luke M @ Sep 30 2016, 11:04 AM) *

What would a set of headers in 1 5/8 '' w/o heater boxes sell for?

That is if you will be making them that way?

We can make them without heat exchangers as well.. They will be 1300..
maf914
Ben, Thanks for posting your photos. Makes me want to get a six for my 914. laugh.gif

I was reading the October 2016 issue of Classics and Sports Car and came across the article below about a British exhaust fabricator. Shown in the photos is a set of headers and jig for a 911. I thought you might find it interesting. Sorry about the clarity, but it is a scan from my home printer.
cal914
I've had my engine rebuilt to a 2.2 from a 2.0 will these heat exchangers fit the engine,I've been told that they are to big
Thanks
Steve
QUOTE(cal914 @ Sep 30 2016, 02:00 PM) *

I've had my engine rebuilt to a 2.2 from a 2.0 will these heat exchangers fit the engine,I've been told that they are to big
Thanks

Curious how the lack of back pressure would effect a small motor. I am currently running stock heat exchangers on my 3.2 and it only seems to effect the top end.
smj
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 26 2016, 07:46 AM) *

For those not in the initial buy I will sell you sets at 1650 after the first sets are fullfilled but will not take any orders discounted after the 1st group buy starts getting delivered.

Hmm idea.gif So I've got a deadline to find the money...
mb911
Yup but you have time.. We are hopeful to start delivering mid to late December because of parts supplier timelines.. So you will have time.
mb911
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 30 2016, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(cal914 @ Sep 30 2016, 02:00 PM) *

Thanks

Curious how the lack of back pressure would effect a small motor. I am currently running stock heat exchangers on my 3.2 and it only seems to effect the top end.

Low and tq will be effected by to large of primary.. That said the smaller displacement engines typically have the power band higher in the rpm range so would not be real noticeable.
db9146
My deposit for the initial group for the $1500 is going in the mail. Please add me to the list.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(db9146 @ Oct 1 2016, 01:34 PM) *

My deposit for the initial group for the $1500 is going in the mail. Please add me to the list.

you maybe to late I inquired at 10am and was told the 12 maybe full ,,he will double check...1650 is the next best
maddin
i'm in there too somewhere..paid deposit on the 01 oct but not on the list .
mb911
Sorry list needs to be amended. I will do that when I get home.. To date I have received 4 deposits so once I wade through all of that I will update the list.. Sixnotfour there is room for you at the pricing.. Had a couple drop out so your in if you want to be. Maddin your deposit was received..

Sorry group buys are a cluster and they are time consuming.. As I said I will update today..
mb911
Ok just got home from a weekend away and checked mail box and had 9 checks in there along with 1 paypal.. I have updated the list on the 1st page but need everyones help as people sent checks and some did not give me their screen names so if you could make those connections for me so I can update my binder..

After some thought I will increase to allow everyone in on the group buy that has inquired to date and sends deposits. So that should cover 15 people. PMB and supertec are businesses so they are not shown on the group buy etc and not part of the count.

I have a few that want o2 bungs and that is just fine. I dont have any made at this point but if you want them added just purchase SS ones on line and send them to me. We will charge 15 dollars per to weld on.. MFi heater tubes are also in play and that will be T&M at $60 per hour..

Please email directly at mbconsulting21@gmail.com or text 262-364-7426 for amendments to the list..

Sorry for the confusion this was way bigger then I thought so the PMs were over whelming
Steve
I mailed the cashier check last Tuesday.
Screen name Steve
Stephen Faddis
Jeffs9146
I just got home from the mountains.

Check going out in the morning!

Thanks!! beerchug.gif

Jeff Tucker (jeffs9146)
restore2seater
restore2seater (Not sure off screen name)
Pat G (Paid deposit)
One in the same.

Also sending (2) SS O2 bungs from O2bungs.com to your address.
mb911
I like this connecting all the pieces of the puzzle..
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 2 2016, 10:16 AM) *

I just got home from the mountains.

Check going out in the morning!

Thanks!! beerchug.gif

Jeff Tucker (jeffs9146)

Thanks for the idea restore2seater!

Two o2 bungs with plugs shipped for installation into the H/E's!

Jeff
Cairo94507
Wow! I absolutely love those. Just wish my car was almost done so I could buy a set.
mb911
Don't worry I will be selling them moving forward.. Don't plan to go anywhere.
Cairo94507
beerchug.gif
mb911
So question for all of the buyers would a gasket kit be beneficial to the group buy? I can research it price wise but carrera gaskets would make the most sense size wise..let me know your thoughts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.