Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reproducing the elusive rear fog light bracket.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ConeDodger
By the way, this is my original outer mount. It's plated but if you look, you see scratches. If you're obsessive, you could have them perfect. Hell, chromed! But I just want to point out, this is the way they came from the factory.
McMark
Good point of reference! thumb3d.gif
Niklas
Ordered 2 sets for Sweden.

Niklas
ConeDodger
Very cool! Niklas' order makes us international group buy! piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
FYI guys, I just started a separate thread for a group buy on the harness to properly hook this up. Need 20 to make it a go! cheer.gif
McMark
Added a list of who's order I've received to the first post.
Jett
Super excited to get these installed. Ordered two sets of mounts and two lights from justkampers.

Thanks for the information, education, and help!

Jeff it would be great to purchase two wiring harnesses for these smile.gif!!
ConeDodger
Order up guys! There are 50 sets total and when they're gone, they're probably gone forever since we will probably not sell this quantity again, and if we want to order onesy-twosy we'll get a BIG price increase! dry.gif
raynekat
I've sent my money into Mark already so I'm down for one.
McMark
Updated the first post again...
ConeDodger
beer3.gif get em! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
gandalf_025
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 7 2017, 11:42 AM) *

By the way, this is my original outer mount. It's plated but if you look, you see scratches. If you're obsessive, you could have them perfect. Hell, chromed! But I just want to point out, this is the way they came from the factory.

Wow, don't let that guy that showed up here last year selling his Ultra Expensive Plating Services see that..
His mission is to convince people his plating work is PERFECT and HAS to be that way to be correct...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ May 11 2017, 12:45 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 7 2017, 11:42 AM) *

Wow, don't let that guy that showed up here last year selling his Ultra Expensive Plating Services see that..
His mission is to convince people his plating work is PERFECT and HAS to be that way to be correct...

Preparation is a large part of getting a "perfect" result in plating. That's why Mark has levels of pricing on this. As for the guy with perfect plating, if you ever get the chance to actually go to Weidman Wheels, ask Harvey to show you an original Fuchs wheel. Then have him show you one of his restored wheels. It's perfect, or as close as a human can get to that. People ask Harvey to restore their wheels to factory new condition. Harvey's response? I can't do it that badly. blink.gif
gandalf_025
I will readily agree on wheels having to be perfect. They are one of the first things you notice about a car.. Even from a distance..
Plated brake hardware and stuff buried in the engine compartment, not so much.
When these cars were built, the parts were pulled from a bin, bag or box..
Nothing was perfect... Any quality plating shop will do an excellent job, without the extreme pricing..
ConeDodger
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ May 11 2017, 02:48 PM) *

I will readily agree on wheels having to be perfect. They are one of the first things you notice about a car.. Even from a distance..
Plated brake hardware and stuff buried in the engine compartment, not so much.
When these cars were built, the parts were pulled from a bin, bag or box..
Nothing was perfect... Any quality plating shop will do an excellent job, without the extreme pricing..

That was my point. Even the Fuchs as they came from the factory weren't perfect.
02loftsmoor
sorry guys bring me up to speed please, what does this kit cost and can I still get in on it??
Nie Zu Alt
Money has been set to Mark for a blasted set. Thanks everybody for making this happen!

Doug H.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ May 12 2017, 11:20 AM) *

sorry guys bring me up to speed please, what does this kit cost and can I still get in on it??

Wes, read the thread and if you still have questions fire away.
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger
Get your orders in. McMark put together a list of pricing based on levels of finish. You can see it by reading through the thread. Given that some are buying multiple sets, I'd guess about 25% of these are spoken for already. Once the drunk.gif is over, they're probably NLA. Order up! Don't wait till last call! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 13 2017, 12:24 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Hi Rob,

I sent you the outer bracket a few days ago.

It's in a leather bag to protect the factory original finish. rolleyes.gif happy11.gif

Tom
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 13 2017, 02:16 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Hi Rob,

It's in a leather bag to protect the factory original finish. rolleyes.gif happy11.gif

Tom

Hahaha! We wouldn't want those factory scratches to be destroyed! av-943.gif

Thanks Tom. I assume you got your inner bracket?
Larmo63
Mine were ordered this week......

bye1.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 13 2017, 02:22 PM) *

Mine were ordered this week......

bye1.gif

Lawrence,
McMark hasn't updated in a few days. The weekends he sticks pretty close to Alison and not the site but I'm sure he'll update soon... thanks!
02loftsmoor
I just ordered a raw set, that is two parts correct?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ May 13 2017, 10:31 PM) *

I just ordered a raw set, that is two parts correct?

It is an inner and outer mount. So yes, two pieces.

To complete this, you need the lamp itself (Just Kampers), and the wiring harness (see other group buy).
ConeDodger
Can I help you sir?

Why yes! I'd like to order the rare rear fog light mounting parts.

Why yes sir! Coming right up! evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 13 2017, 02:16 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Hi Rob,

Tom

I thought Tom was kidding. It arrived today, as he said, in a leather bag! blink.gif
ConeDodger
Get 'em!!! biggrin.gif
914Sixer
Paid for two raw sets, is McMark shipping yet?
McMark
Should be in hands by the end of the week...
eric914
PayPal sent May 10 for sandblasted and plated set.

Thanks for setting this up.
Dion
Thanks McMark, Rob, and all the other unspoken of!
Unobtanium arrived today!
Thanks!
jkb944t
I received mine today and they look great!

Click to view attachment

Jeff B
914Sixer
Got mine today.
02loftsmoor
Mine came in today.. now what is the thread for the harness?? light was easy smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ May 18 2017, 07:47 PM) *

Mine came in today.. now what is the thread for the harness?? light was easy smile.gif

I bumped it sort of. Top of page.
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif get em! They're ready!
ConeDodger
Order up!
ConeDodger
Get yours now! evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
Larmo63
Can we get an up close look at how the light attaches to the bracket with the bracket provided in the fog light kit from the supplier?

I looked at installing it, there didn't seem to be a way to use their bracket and make it look right.
raynekat
The angle of the dangle doesn't look right on the bracket I just received.
The back panel these guys mount on is basically straight up and down...unless I'm not looking at it right.

When I attach my rear fog light to the bracket, and hold it up against the back panel, my light looks drastically down.
I would think it would want to look straight back.
Anyone else having a similar issue?
Maybe the mounting post on my light is at a different angle?
It's a standard Porsche rear fog light, but with a black housing.
TJB/914
QUOTE(raynekat @ May 24 2017, 07:07 PM) *

The angle of the dangle doesn't look right on the bracket I just received.
The back panel these guys mount on is basically straight up and down...unless I'm not looking at it right.

When I attach my rear fog light to the bracket, and hold it up against the back panel, my light looks drastically down.
I would think it would want to look straight back.
Anyone else having a similar issue?
Maybe the mounting post on my light is at a different angle?
It's a standard Porsche rear fog light, but with a black housing.

Hope this helps.
Tom
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
Larmo63
My outer plate doesn't look like that one, Tom. The light is from the British source, not the correct fit at all.

Click to view attachment

raynekat
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 26 2017, 02:13 PM) *

My outer plate doesn't look like that one, Tom. The light is from the British source, not the correct fit at all.

Click to view attachment

Looks just like mine that I received.....angled downward too much.
Not sure the rear fog light will do much good at such a steep angle.
Might have been a miscue in the manufacturing process?

Calling McMark and Conedodger.... help.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(raynekat @ May 26 2017, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 26 2017, 02:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Looks just like mine that I received.....angled downward too much.
Not sure the rear fog light will do much good at such a steep angle.
Might have been a miscue in the manufacturing process?

Calling McMark and Conedodger.... help.

Is the back of that light black or chrome? Show the mount without the light cuddles up to it...
Larmo63
Yes, it's chrome. I'll bring it up to Mammoth, we can fiddle with it.
02loftsmoor
is there a diagram of how the factory installs the bracket as far as placement and drillings. measurements?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.