Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reproducing the elusive rear fog light bracket.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
eric914
Sweet!

I'm still in biggrin.gif
Dion
Thanks Rob, standing by.....
914Sixer
Put me down for one set
wes
popcorn[1].gif
jkb944t
I would be interested in this so keep us updated.

Jeff B
ConeDodger
Will do Jeff. I will need to plate them once we have parts in hand so I'll let everyone know!
simonjb
Count me in

Thanks
db9146
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 14 2016, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Niklas @ Dec 14 2016, 02:48 PM) *

I want a set.

Sent to Sweden.

Is it 125 USD with the foglight?
I just want the bracket.

Niklas

No, that was the quote I was given for just the two brackets. This will change with the new source.

So did I miss the new price on the bracket kit? or is it still $125?

ConeDodger
QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 6 2017, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 14 2016, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Niklas @ Dec 14 2016, 02:48 PM) *

I want a set.

Sent to Sweden.

Is it 125 USD with the foglight?
I just want the bracket.

Niklas

No, that was the quote I was given for just the two brackets. This will change with the new source.

So did I miss the new price on the bracket kit? or is it still $125?

Yes, you missed it. It looks like +- $20 delivered to your domestic door. But, it is not a kit. It doesn't include the fasteners, foglight, or harness.
If you're the guy from Sweden, it would be + actual shipping.
db9146
Great, count me in for one set, please.
Niklas
I am the swedish guy.
Yes i want two sets.
simonjb
Just received my Fog light from Kamper. Good price.

Now all we need are the brackets java script:emoticon(':Qarl:','smid_7') cheer.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
They've been ordered. Then we'll plate them, then the group buy fun begins! cheer.gif
Dion
That's awesome Rob. Thanks for your and McMarks work on this. Now I need to get my
car done so I can mount the light!
Cheers,Dion
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dion @ Mar 11 2017, 01:30 AM) *

That's awesome Rob. Thanks for your and McMarks work on this. Now I need to get my
car done so I can mount the light!
Cheers,Dion

Mostly McMark. I only facilitated on this one. Mark recognized that the first shop I had gone to had given me a "go away price." He wanted to run it by his source. I paid the first guy $100 for the Solidworks files and sent them to Mark. He took it from there.

Mark can really make things happen. Amazing vision. If I can, I always go with Original Customs.
maf914
Rob, I would like a set if still available. Thank you.

maf914
QUOTE(simonjb @ Mar 10 2017, 06:24 AM) *

Now all we need are the brackets java script:emoticon(':Qarl:','smid_7') cheer.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Simon, Is Kamper a business or vendor?

Can someone recommend a good source for the Hella foglight? The American E-bay site lists several Hella foglights at various prices, but all appear to be quite a bit more than the European E-bay listing Niklas provided at 23 Euro.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/HELLA-Nebelschlussl...soAAOSwl-FXNKw8

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&a...ht&_sacat=0
ConeDodger
QUOTE(maf914 @ Mar 11 2017, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(simonjb @ Mar 10 2017, 06:24 AM) *

Simon, Is Kamper a business or vendor?

Can someone recommend a good source for the Hella foglight? The American E-bay site lists several Hella foglights at various prices, but all appear to be quite a bit more than the European E-bay listing Niklas provided at 23 Euro.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/HELLA-Nebelschlussl...soAAOSwl-FXNKw8

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&a...ht&_sacat=0

Somewhere in this thread I had thought I listed all of the vendors.

You will need:

Mounts. These are being fabricated and a group buy will be announced in a separate thread. Please don't expect me to pick through this thread to find you all. 50 sets are being made.

The light itself. This can be had by searching Just4Kampers. They are in The UK and shipping to the US will be a little much but it is the proper light.

The harness. Unless you plan on wiring this up so it goes on with your tails, you will want the proper harness. Jeff Bowlsby can make it for you. Jeff Bowlsby on here. If I were you, I'd contact him now and get him going on yours as he might be a tad busy when 50 sets of mounts hit the streets!

Other than that, just a few bolts and washers and one bulb.

There you go. Now go forth and gather...
sixnotfour
FYI ..I sent Bowlsby a factory Harness...
simonjb

JustKampers.com. Fast and a fairly good price.

Rear Fog Lamp (Chrome Backed) With Mountings All Models
JK Part No. J11632 | Qty: 1 $40.94

Subtotal $40.94
Shipping & Handling $17.74
Grand Total (Excl.Tax) $58.68
Tax
$0.00
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $58.68
Grand Total to be Charged £44.79
Deposit $0.00
Additional Carriage $0.00

Click to view attachment
simonjb
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
A little teaser. McMark picked these up today. The still need blasting and plating but we are just a couple weeks out I think. evilgrin.gif

No group buy yet. I still have to see if Mark wants to handle this out of his shop or if I have to handle it. He's busier than me I think but it might be easier to just handle it from Michigan...
Larmo63
Those look great, Rob. McMark strikes again!!!

I just bought a light from JK.

Thanks for doing this.
simonjb
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 28 2017, 05:58 PM) *

Those look great, Rob. McMark strikes again!!!

I just bought a light from JK.

Thanks for doing this.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Nie Zu Alt
If it's not too late, put me down for a set.

Thanks for supporting the community!

Doug H.
Dion
Those are sweet. Thanks Rob & McMark.
wes
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 28 2017, 02:56 PM) *

A little teaser. McMark picked these up today. The still need blasting and plating but we are just a couple weeks out I think. evilgrin.gif

No group buy yet. I still have to see if Mark wants to handle this out of his shop or if I have to handle it. He's busier than me I think but it might be easier to just handle it from Michigan...

Looks great you guys pulled through, great team work! first.gif
simonjb
Hi,

Any update on making the brackets?
McMark
I have them, but was going to get the zinc plated. But they were supplied to me with sanding scratches on them. I can blast away the scratches and then have them plated, but it's a ton of work.

Does anyone care? Cause if not, I can start shipping them now....
ConeDodger
I do, but you can have mine plated when you have the throttle body parts done... rolleyes.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 3 2017, 01:32 PM) *

I do, but you can have mine plated when you had the throttle body parts done... rolleyes.gif

Rob & Mark,

I'll be in Grand Rapids tomorrow & will stop at Orig. Customs, maybe Mark will have my orig. sample inside bracket I loaned for duplication??
If not I want to buy one hissyfit.gif

Tom
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 3 2017, 07:20 PM) *

I do, but you can have mine plated when you had the throttle body parts done... rolleyes.gif

Rob & Mark,

I'll be in Grand Rapids tomorrow & will stop at Orig. Customs, maybe Mark will have my orig. sample inside bracket I loaned for duplication??

Tom

Ha!
TBlizz, I just sent you a PM. I did screw up. I sent you back the outer mount you gave me not the inner mount you loaned me. I'll send the inner tomorrow. Sorry!

By the way just a note for everyone involved in this. I keep getting thank you's but you should know who else was involved.

Tom Bliznik provided the original inner and outer mount which I then had drawn up in SolidWorks. I then sent the SolidWorks file to McMark who has a shop he uses to produce some of the parts he designs. So, when you're thanking McMark and me for this, don't forget Tom because without his parts to copy, there would be no reproductions!

Thanks Tom! aktion035.gif
Larmo63
Are they shipping soon?
ConeDodger
That depends.

As McMark asked, do you mind if yours aren't bead blasted and plated? If not, contact McMark and he can price it and ship it.
TJB/914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 3 2017, 06:33 PM) *

Rob & Mark,

Tom

Ha!
TBlizz, I just sent you a PM. I did screw up. I sent you back the outer mount you gave me not the inner mount you loaned me. I'll send the inner tomorrow. Sorry!

By the way just a note for everyone involved in this. I keep getting thank you's but you should know who else was involved.

Tom Bliznik provided the original inner and outer mount which I then had drawn up in SolidWorks. I then sent the SolidWorks file to McMark who has a shop he uses to produce some of the parts he designs. So, when you're thanking McMark and me for this, don't forget Tom because without his parts to copy, there would be no reproductions!

Thanks Rob,
Don't forget Jeff Bowlsby who makes the wire harness rear fog to dash. Jeff makes good stuff.
Tom
simonjb
Will they rust if they are not plated ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 3 2017, 10:03 PM) *

Rob & Mark,

Tom

Ha!

Thanks Rob,
Don't forget Jeff Bowlsby who makes the wire harness rear fog to dash. Jeff makes good stuff.
Tom

I won't Tom. As soon as McMark starts shipping these, I'm going to see if I can set up a group buy for the proper harness. Some of these guys will want to wire it proper and such. Like me! evilgrin.gif
Dion
McMark,
I'm fine with receiving the non plated parts. I'll take both mounting pieces
Clean em up and plate later. So if ya want to price it out I'm ready to buy.
Thanks guys, McMark,Rob, & Tom. Jeff too. :-)
Cheers,all.
Dion
db9146
Gosh, I sure wish they were smooth and plated like the originals.

I guess if that's not in the plans, I'll take a set as they are and do something myself.

Thanks guys.
raynekat
QUOTE(simonjb @ May 3 2017, 06:07 PM) *

Will they rust if they are not plated ?

I would say 100% would rust, unless you're going to paint it?
McMark
Okay, this shoulda been obvious. rolleyes.gif

I'll work up pricing for different 'levels'. That way instead of having to stand in front of the blaster for hours, I can only spend the time on those that want it done.

Lemme run the numbers on Sunday.
Louiscurtis
These are great. I would like to buy a set. Thanks for the hard work!
raynekat
Definitely want to buy a set. Sent McMark PM already.
ConeDodger
Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! piratenanner.gif

Mark's working up prices so get your wallets out and get ready! drooley.gif
TJB/914

Rob & Mark,

Tom

Ha!

Rob,
I have both Brackets now & I'll send yours back next week.
Your orig. factory one is real nice. wub.gif
We owe a lot to Mark getting these fog light brackets fabricated. pray.gif
Tom
McMark
I played around with these a little more today and I came up with way more options than I should have. But I'm not 100% happy with any of them, so I can't pick one above the others. Plus I'm not sure how much people want to spend on these. We've had everywhere from $125 a set to $20 a set batted around.

I decided to illustrate the various finishes I can produce and let you decide were the quality<->price equation should fall.

1. Raw/Unfinished - $20 These are what the laser cutting shop supplied to me, untouched.
Click to view attachment
2. Blasted - $30 These are the raw pieces hit with steel blasting grit. In the picture I've sanded a portion after blasting to illustrate that the scratches are still there, just 'hidden'. These would be good painted.
Click to view attachment
3. Polished - $50 On these I use a ScotchBrite pad on a grinder to smooth the scratch marks as much as possible. You can still see the edges where the welding didn't penetrate, leaving a line/gap. This is not a 'structural' issue. Just cosmetic.
Click to view attachment
4. Fully Worked - $75 This was was rewelded to smooth out the line/gap, then ground smooth, filed into a nice line, and then polished with the ScotchBrite.
Click to view attachment
Shipping for any quantity is $7.15 Flat Rate Priority USPS. Zinc Plating is $25 for any quantity. Any of the above stages can be plated -- but be aware that plating will not hide any scratches, and I suspect the scratches in the blasted pieces will become visible after the plating process, although I'm not sure.

To Order
*Every order includes the inner and outer steel bracket.
*If you order plating, both pieces will be plated. If you do not, neither piece will be plated.
*Orders for plated brackets will take a little longer to ship.
*Either use the quick order button below which will add shipping automatically, or if you're unsure PM me with your order information.

Type
Dion
McMark, ordered. Thanks all.
I'm not concours bound so painted is gonna be fine for me.
Bottom line is,if it fits like it's designed.....golden! beerchug.gif
Thanks for the research and effort. smilie_pokal.gif
Cheers,Dion
914Sixer
Paid for 2 sets of the raw.
ConeDodger
Well there you go. Now available!

I have contacted Jeff Bowlsby to see if he has the time and inclination to do a rear fog harness group buy. When he gets back to me, I'll set it up if he's interested.

Get them while they are still available. Remember, there is a total of 50 sets and when they're gone, they're probably gone. I don't think either Mark or I would do another 50 sets as we'd likely run out of interest.
Louiscurtis
Thanks for doing these! Order placed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.