Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reproducing the elusive rear fog light bracket.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ConeDodger
I think you guys with the later cars 75-76 don't need the inner mount. The back wall of the trunk is different. Probably just a couple flat washers or turn the lip inward?
ConeDodger
And mine is mounted. evilgrin.gif I understand that the mounts at least and possibly everything from the harness to the fog light will now be handled by 914Rubber.Com.
Larmo63
That looks great, Rob!!!!

How are you going to configure the light as far as how it turns on?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 29 2017, 12:43 AM) *

That looks great, Rob!!!!

How are you going to configure the light as far as how it turns on?

Correctly. I have the reproduction harness so it will be going on with my front fogs...
How about you Lawrence?
TJB/914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 28 2017, 11:30 PM) *

And mine is mounted. evilgrin.gif I understand that the mounts at least and possibly everything from the harness to the fog light will now be handled by 914Rubber.Com.

Hi Rob,

I just noticed your fog light location is based on your GT trunk straps location & I agree with Eric and your location.

Mine is located based on a plain 914 rear end about 2"+ from the edge of the tail light to the edge of the Fog Light.

So both locations is correct, right?? shades.gif

Tom
ConeDodger
I suspect the location depended on how many beers Hans had at lunch Tom. blink.gif

Everything is correct! We'll sort of. Over to the left is correct... evilgrin.gif
arne
Over to the left is correct... evilgrin.gif

Not in the U.K... confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(arne @ Jun 29 2017, 11:34 AM) *

Over to the left is correct... evilgrin.gif

Not in the U.K... confused24.gif

They've got to deal with Brexit now Arne. No one cares any more. blink.gif

Seriously, I put the measurement above. Because Eric and I have GT replica cars, ours are just a little outboard. That is the measurement I put above...
TJB/914
Hi Rob,

Just stirring the pot. stirthepot.gif We need an official Concourse Weenie to make a statement. lol-2.gif Hello Mr. Garvey are you there, smoke.gif

Both locations are correct based on a GT or Plain 914 in my opinion popcorn[1].gif The goal is to drill (3) holes correctly.

Tom
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jun 29 2017, 07:00 PM) *

Hi Rob,

Just stirring the pot. stirthepot.gif We need an official Concourse Weenie to make a statement. lol-2.gif Hello Mr. Garvey are you there, smoke.gif

Both locations are correct based on a GT or Plain 914 in my opinion popcorn[1].gif The goal is to drill (3) holes correctly.

Tom

Where has Pat been lately? Or has he been grounded to the O&H Forum? I love Pat. He's a wealth of knowledge.
Mikey914
Got these in from Original Customs and will be adding to site shortly.
ConeDodger
Mark,
I know you bought out the rest of the mounts. Are you doing a complete kit option? I heard you were doing the harness. So, all you need then is the light housing and bulbs (the light housing comes without a bulb). I put an LED in mine. I haven't run the harness yet but I did power it up and she works nice! biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Thanks Rob,
Yes putting together a complete kit and bringing in some lights too,
Mark
jcambo7
Just curious if this actually helps and how? How and when does it light up?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 20 2017, 12:12 AM) *

James,
I believe these were required in Germany. It lights up when you turn on your front fog lights IF you wire them correctly. I hear some are wiring it as a third brake light.
On the Autobahn, traffic comes up pretty quickly from the rear. It helps by making you more visible.
jcambo7
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 20 2017, 12:03 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 20 2017, 12:12 AM) *

James,
I believe these were required in Germany. It lights up when you turn on your front fog lights IF you wire them correctly. I hear some are wiring it as a third brake light.
On the Autobahn, traffic comes up pretty quickly from the rear. It helps by making you more visible.

I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the knowledge!
Cal
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 19 2017, 04:44 PM) *

Thanks Rob,
Mark

Bumping an old thread. I missed out on these when they were available. Mark @Mikey914 do you have these kits available....I didn't see them on your website.
56kabrio
I'm just seeing this for the first time as well. I'd like to get a kit if there are any available.

Thanks

Mack
ConeDodger
QUOTE(56kabrio @ Mar 4 2019, 01:38 AM) *

I'm just seeing this for the first time as well. I'd like to get a kit if there are any available.

Thanks

Mack

You need to talk to @mikey914 for the entire kit...
Mikey914
QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 3 2019, 04:58 AM) *

Thanks Rob,
Mark

Bumping an old thread. I missed out on these when they were available. Mark @Mikey914 do you have these kits available....I didn't see them on your website.

Yes we do even have the lights and wiring harness.
I'll get some pics and see if I can get Blake to get these listed up. Yes all in stock.
56kabrio
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 4 2019, 12:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 3 2019, 04:58 AM) *

Thanks Rob,
Mark

Yes we do even have the lights and wiring harness.
I'll get some pics and see if I can get Blake to get these listed up. Yes all in stock.

Mark

I would like to order a complete rear fog light kit.

Thanks

Mack
Mikey914
Yes and hot more of the lights in from the UK. Unfortunately they have a black plastic back, they will be available for even less for those that want them.

More in a few days,
Mark
gtgroupe4
I know I may be a bit late on this, but are the brackets still available?
914forme
I have n extra set of brackets if you need them @gtgroupe4 I also might have the chrome back lights, if your looking for period correct look.

@Mike914 - I would love to order a black backed unit, do you have a link to it?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(gtgroupe4 @ Sep 15 2019, 02:28 PM) *

I know I may be a bit late on this, but are the brackets still available?

All brackets went to 914Rubber.com at the end of the initial group buy. You can buy everything from them...
Mikey914
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 15 2019, 05:19 PM) *

I have n extra set of brackets if you need them @gtgroupe4 I also might have the chrome back lights, if your looking for period correct look.

@Mike914 - I would love to order a black backed unit, do you have a link to it?

I don't yet but PM me the email I can frward a paypal invoice for ya.
-Mark
gtgroupe4
PM with email sent. & Thanks

So what is 'correct' black or Chrome? I thought the black Hella rear fog was correct for a 914, i.e., black fogs front and rear. 911's didn't switch over to black rear fogs until the mid 70's. Hella Kits were available with either for years.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mikey914
The correct is the chrome. Black works, but not concurs.
gtgroupe4
Thanks, Silver it is...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.