Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who owns 914World?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
URY914
Someone posted this on Pelican Parts Off Topic forum......

"...............It just makes me think of 914club.com and 914world.com after being acquired by Auto Atlanta."

Please tell me that AA only owns 914club and not the World.
Mike Bellis
I'm pretty sure Sir Andy owns this site and the server it runs on.
URY914
I believe the same, Mike.
snakemain
Just look at the content of each...there's a definite difference in content and tone. Brad sold the club, but the World hasn't gone to hell yet.
McMark
914Club is owned by Automobile Atlanta. When George bought it from Brad he clearly stated that his intention was to buy out Brad and bring the two sites back together again. Which never happened (obviously).

914World is owned by The Members. But Andy pays for the hosting. idea.gif
mb911
We all owe sir Andy our gratitude for taking care of our addiction
rhodyguy
Back to STF? I don't know. Shift in the orbital axis?
GregAmy
You can always look up the owner of domain names; it's generally public info:

Showing results for: 914WORLD.COM
Registrant Contact
Name: Schmidt, Andy
Organization:
Mailing Address: REDACTED BY ME
Phone: REDACTED BY ME
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email: REDACTED BY ME
Elliot Cannon
George bought 914 club to advertise AA. Nothing wrong with that. Has anyone logged on to 914club lately?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 27 2017, 11:17 AM) *

George bought 914 club to advertise AA. Nothing wrong with that. Has anyone logged on to 914club lately?

I did, but the same thing happens every time...cobwebs and dust blows out of my PC tower.

biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 27 2017, 08:17 AM) *

blink.gif

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...
76-914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 27 2017, 08:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 27 2017, 11:17 AM) *

I did, but the same thing happens every time...cobwebs and dust blows out of my PC tower.

biggrin.gif

av-943.gif Yep. So dead over there that he's resorted advertising here! blink.gif
burton73
I think I would like to send Andy some money to help with his costs with the server.

I have a full life but looking on 914world is an important part of my Porsche hobby.
I think I sent some money in a few years ago but do not know where to do so now. If it cost Andy not only his time but also cash out of his pocket, I want to pitch in some dough to help. So I know that most of our members are cheep mo fos but I would like to help before we are asked.

Or did I miss something when I was away for a year.

Bob B
welcome.png
BeatNavy
This is where I went to help with care and feeding costs: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&CODE=index

I think it works, but maybe it just ends up going to that "Schmidt" guy listed on the domain registration. Someone needs to tell SirAndy about him. He sounds sketchy to me... smile.gif
Mikey914
I agree,
I certainly, thank that Andy deserves some sort of compensation for what he does. I know we have had spammers, and others that have tried to use the site. Andy had hosted and maintained the site with no regard for compensation. We have offered up cash, he refuses.

I'm always willing to contribute anything he may want for parts gratis.

For as much as he does he's pretty hands off unless someone steeps way over the line.

Thanks Andy World would not exist without you.
Mark
burton73
Andy may be too cool or humble to ask. We as members should have a drive one time a year. This club has saved my 1,000s of dollars on my Addiction. That sounds funny but I have gotten great deals on parts and free advice from my Bros. Have gotten cars at a great deal that I will profit and meet lots of great people.

Andy,

Please confirm the member sine up. I want the cool member sticker in front of my name. Only Andy. No money for you guys.

Bob B
sunglasses.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Nov 27 2017, 09:21 AM) *

This is where I went to help with care and feeding costs: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&CODE=index

I think it works, but maybe it just ends up going to that "Schmidt" guy listed on the domain registration. Someone needs to tell SirAndy about him. He sounds sketchy to me... smile.gif

Crap, someone found the link ...
biggrin.gif

And yes, that goes to help pay for the bills.
We (the admin team) have been working on a plan to make the site sustain itself, once that is all ironed out, we'll let y'all know.

Also, just to make this clear, AA has absolutely no involvement in 914world. George is just a regular member here.

bye1.gif
Mikey914
Made my contribution,
Thanks Andy biggrin.gif
falcor75
Me too. agree.gif
timothy_nd28
Me three!
Coondog
Me Four
JoeD
Just contributed as well; for as many hours as I've spent on here, and for as much time and frustration the community has saved me, I wish I had known to do so sooner. Well worth it. I appreciate all the work that goes into keeping this site alive and well!
HansJan
Me Six th.
markhoward
7th it is..
Mueller
QUOTE(JoeD @ Nov 27 2017, 11:43 AM) *

Just contributed as well; for as many hours as I've spent on here, and for as much time and frustration the community has saved me, I wish I had known to do so sooner. Well worth it. I appreciate all the work that goes into keeping this site alive and well!

As the late great Patrick Swayze once said... DITTO

Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 27 2017, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Nov 27 2017, 09:21 AM) *

Crap, someone found the link ...
biggrin.gif

\/
cal44
Done. Thnx Andy
DEC
Done for the best 914 site smilie_flagge6.gif
theer
Done! Best cyber-Monday bargain, ever.

rhodyguy
About time! Can I mail a money order? Please pm me a mailing address and who/what to make it out to.
aharder
QUOTE(theer @ Nov 27 2017, 02:56 PM) *

Done! Best cyber-Monday bargain, ever.

agree.gif Done !!
sb914
Done !! Thanks andy! smoke.gif
914_7T3
Done and Done!
iankarr
Done! Wish I knew about it sooner. Thanks Andy!
KELTY360
What a privilege to contribute to maintaining this site. Thanks Andy!
ValcoOscar
DONE......

Thanks to Andy and all Admin

piratenanner.gif drunk.gif
burton73
Thanks Andy! Each thanksgiving we need to remember.

Give thanks to Andy, And PayPal makes it easy and I am in for one year

Bob B piratenanner.gif
90quattrocoupe
Done.
shelby/914
Done $ well spent

Danny
rmdinmd
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Nov 27 2017, 12:21 PM) *

Done; thx
pete000
I haven't visited the 914club site in over a year. I went over there just for the heck of it to see if I can still log on.

Here are the top posts for today... lol-2.gif
eric914
Done:)
Garland
To you beerchug.gif thanks for the time you take, for teeners.
Done, and well worth it.
tmc914
Done, paypal is so easy to use. Thanks 914World and hope this helps.
G e o r g e
Done, Thank you Andy
bob
Done!
forrestkhaag
Please clarify how to contribute to your valiant efforts via Paypal or other means. In order of importance in our home, the Wounded Warrior Project is always first.

914 World is not a distant second.

Sidebar:
Maybe repost with a new title that refocuses the value of your long term service and focus on the marque. Make a note that, due to lack of respect and monetary support, you are considering selling the World site to AA.

You'll make millions.....

beerchug.gif

Jamie
My only contribution to Cyber Monday madness! Thanks Andy! beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Nov 27 2017, 05:37 PM) *
Make a note that, due to lack of respect and monetary support, you are considering selling the World site to AA.

stirthepot.gif biggrin.gif huh.gif
URY914
Well it looks like starting this thread was a pretty good idea. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.