Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who owns 914World?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Shadowfax
What a bargain! Thanks for the link. This really is a great forum. Thanks, Andy!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 1 2017, 03:23 PM) *
I can't help comment though, that a number of years ago this idea was suggested and it was soundly turned down, with much rancor.

You're probably too old to remember but things do change over time ...
biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 1 2017, 04:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 1 2017, 03:23 PM) *
I can't help comment though, that a number of years ago this idea was suggested and it was soundly turned down, with much rancor.

You're probably too old to remember but things do change over time ...
biggrin.gif

Yes they do change and that's good. What do my age and memory have to do with it? confused24.gif smile.gif
flmont
I think there should be a annual fee to be here I think its well worth a charge of 25.00-50.00 a year,.??
Steve
Curious.. has this been thought out? $25.00 voluntary or? I am all for supporting the site. Nobody rides for free.. Even though we no longer call it a club, we consider it a club and should be paying dues to support it.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(flmont @ Dec 2 2017, 01:53 AM) *

I think there should be a annual fee to be here I think its well worth a charge of 25.00-50.00 a year,.??

Well, let’s do the math. We have 20,000 registered members. At a mandatory $25 annual fee, that’s $500,000. Of course that’s $1,000,000. If we make it $50.

What is it that you were thinking Andy should do with that? evilgrin.gif
PlaysWithCars
Contribution sent. Thank you for keeping the site up and running.
sechszylinder
Hi folks,

I've spend so many hours on this website and got lots of valuable information.
It's an honor to support the forum with $25 ! BTW, for me its $ 1,75/ year since I've registered in 2003 biggrin.gif
Payment already send !
BR
Benno smilie_flagge6.gif
wes
Always wondered how such a great site could run for Free, kind of figured Andy was just a really nice wealthy guy with a young hot girl friend! Well thanks for the free years and the amazing 914 knowledge, $25 you got it and a big thank you.
michael7810
Thanks to Andy and the rest of the crew for keeping the 914world alive. Contribution made.
Steve
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 1 2017, 10:18 PM) *

Well, let’s do the math. We have 20,000 registered members. At a mandatory $25 annual fee, that’s $500,000. Of course that’s $1,000,000. If we make it $50.

Too funny.. isn’t that what Brad was trying to do that created the previous debacle that led to the split?
Mikey914
Andy does way more that he should for nothing. What happens if Andy gets hit with a bus tomorrow? To keep the lights on these has to be a more robust structure. I completely get the idea that there are costs. Andy has went out of his way to NOT accept money. I think funding is a necessary part of a continuation plan.
mlindner
Thanks Andy, money sent. Best, Mark
76-914
Just so you guys don't think I'm a cheap ass; I think me and Andy are good for this year. If not, LMK Andy. beerchug.gif
Seaside6
Done. Happy to have the opportunity and method to support.
Minerva's 914
I'm all in and paid in full. Thank you so MUCH for all that you do. 914's may be NARP but this site is the REAL DEAL! Thanks so much for keeping this real.
Optimusglen
I'm happy to support this place, just sent my payment to help further the cause!

beer3.gif
iwanta914-6
I may not own a 914 (who knows if I ever will), but I enjoy this site and glad to help out with contributing $25.
BIGKAT_83
At $25 that works out to about a penny a hour for me. Best buy on the internet.

Thanks for the site..........
jfort
just found the link on page one and paid. best money I ever spent. just embarrassed that it was identified by an Army guy.

BEAT ARMY!

USNA Class of 74 and I'll be at the game. First time since 1973.
7TPorsh
In like Flint!

Cheapest therapy, best 914 knowledge base , and the best group of bastards this side of the planet.

Thank you Andy for keeping it together! beerchug.gif

here's the link again:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...tmethod¤cy=USD

Andyrew
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 2 2017, 09:14 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 1 2017, 10:18 PM) *

Too funny.. isn’t that what Brad was trying to do that created the previous debacle that led to the split?

Correct. In defense of Brad he had probably 50k posts where 90% of them were answering almost every question on the board so he was trying to monetize it to make it worth his time. Was it the right thing to do? Most will say no.

Consider this was about the time that Rennlist sold for a considerable amount of money.

At this point this site has been funded by its 10ish sponsors all to pay a decent server bill and other misc fees. Andy never comes public with this or asks for any money to help.

I would imagine that the 100ish people that will pay the $25 each year will allow the site to have a bit of a rainy day fund so the server equipment and bills can be upgraded and paid for on a regular basis and allow for Andy not to have to worry (privately as he would never do it publicly) about money for the 914world.

I will continue to pay and support this site as well as I can as this has been my home since its conception smile.gif

RoadGlue
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 6 2017, 01:44 PM) *

At this point this site has been funded by its 10ish sponsors all to pay a decent server bill and other misc fees. Andy never comes public with this or asks for any money to help.

If you're referring to the banner ads, my understanding is that all of the funds from that go to charity and he doesn't see a dime of it. Andy has paid for everything out of pocket thus far.
theer
This is one of the very few remaining places where I don't get inundated with those follow-me-ads embedded in the page(s).

I get why they are there, but I am sooo sick of them.

Anyway, $25/year is totally worth it just to keep the ads away. The free advice, source for parts and entertainment value are bonuses.

BeatNavy
QUOTE(jfort @ Dec 6 2017, 04:03 PM) *

just found the link on page one and paid. best money I ever spent. just embarrassed that it was identified by an Army guy.

BEAT ARMY!

USNA Class of 74 and I'll be at the game. First time since 1973.

beerchug.gif beer.gif Enjoy the game! (And stay warm - gonna be chilly).

I'm just hoping for a good game this weekend smile.gif . As with every other year, I'll be in Chapel Hill at my classmate's restaurant (http://www.thetopofthehill.com/) with a couple hundred other Army & Navy grads and their families drinking lots of beer and generally acting like children beer3.gif while we watch the game.

Really glad this thread was started. If Army wins, I'll make another donation to the World!

Cairo94507
I would definitely pay a yearly fee to be a member and keep this site going and keeping pace with technological developments.
SteveL
Best $25 I ever spent. Thanks Andy.
SirAndy
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Dec 6 2017, 02:05 PM) *

If you're referring to the banner ads, my understanding is that all of the funds from that go to charity and he doesn't see a dime of it. Andy has paid for everything out of pocket thus far.

Yep, never seen a dime from the banner Ads, they have always been going 100% to charity.

There is, however, talk among the admins to change that and use the Ad money for the site as well.

If we did that and combined it with the generous donations from this thread, we would have enough to cover all costs and some extra to cover any unforeseen expenses.
idea.gif
Rleog
PayPal'd.

Thanks, Andy.
toolguy
Pause for a moment and consider this. . .
Who , in the entire world, has done as much to promote and assist the interest and appreciation of the 914 than our own Andy ?? Without this site, thru his attention and dedication, we would all be left out in the cold. .
$25 isn't much considering the ongoing benefits and information [and humor] provided for the entire world. .
Thanks to Andy and the administrators. . I'm in. .
rhodyguy
It would be nice if there was a method to contribute other than PP. shades.gif
Beach914
Not to complicate things but I also belong to a popular Red Italian car site and the have different levels of subscription, Rosso, Silver, and Free. Rosso and Silver get you priviledges into certain forums and the ability to post ads and such. They recently upgraded the site and now it has pop ups and advertising everywhere! I'm certainly not for that ! It sucks now.
A $25 contribution is definitely warranted for the value that I have extracted from this site over the years.
VaccaRabite
I don't think any of the Admins (myself included) will ever agree to a tiered system where you have to pay for content to this site. It just isn't what this place is about. The better the information and the more people we can spread it to, the more of our cars get saved.

That said, all voluntary contributions are exceptionally helpful! Thanks to all who have and are still contemplating a donation.

Zach
Cairo94507
OK, I am a little slower than most....I never knew about that link - or... I knew and forgot. So I just donated too. I truly appreciate all that 914World, Andy and all of the others do to keep this Site up and running. I would likely not have my Six if it were not for Andy and this Site. Cheers to all. Michael
theer
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 7 2017, 09:31 AM) *

If it's PayPal specifically that you don't like, there's a similar online service called Venmo (www.venmo.com).

But, if it's online payments in general you avoid... give $25 to a friend and have them PayPal it in!

clapeza
For the one website I check multiple times a day, that's always open in my browser, I'm happy to kick in my contribution! This is consistently the most supportive and beneficial site I've ever been a part of.
Mikey914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 6 2017, 06:48 PM) *

Yep, never seen a dime from the banner Ads, they have always been going 100% to charity.

There is, however, talk among the admins to change that and use the Ad money for the site as well.

If we did that and combined it with the generous donations from this thread, we would have enough to cover all costs and some extra to cover any unforeseen expenses.
idea.gif

DO it,
I'm in
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 6 2017, 06:48 PM) *

idea.gif

Andy,

Thanks for the clarification beerchug.gif

I bet you told me that many years ago and I forgot (Like most things). blink.gif
mmichalik
Jumping on the band wagon here. I have to agree that this site has proven invaluable to me many, many times so far and I'm sure there will be more to come.

I just paypal'd the 25.00 donation. It's well worth it.

Mike
rgolia
A little late to the party but I am in. Contribution made. Thanks for all the time Andy - much appreciated. beer3.gif
theer
$25 sent in for rhodyguy (Kevin)- please make sure he gets the uber-kool member badge, too.
rhodyguy
And the secret handshake too.

THANKS!

I thought something like this was a good idea a long time ago. Club days.
TJB/914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 7 2017, 09:31 AM) *

agree.gif
I don't do PP & I want to contribute some $.

Wondering: screwy.gif
I talked to one of our members last week about a member SPARE PARTS donation with a bid auction going to the highest bidder. Then the high bid money-$$ goes to Sir Andy's 914-World business expenses kitty. smile.gif

Maybe, a once a year thing in January??? popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Tom
Steve
Just mail a check if you don’t do PayPal.
jmitro
paid, thank you
davehg
Paid it forward. I’ve received way more value so happy to contribute!
rhodyguy
No street address or p.o. Box that I'm aware of. Tom, contact one of your site friends that has a PP account, have them make your donation and send them the reimbursement. Simple. Cat skinned.
ValcoOscar
icon_bump.gif

Friendly reminder....

I paid for 2017...my 2018 pmt is due in a few months.

Have you paid yours???

Go to "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" option in your control panel. Under menu.

Maybe someone can post a quick link?

Lets support this great community beer.gif

Oscar
mb911
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 14 2018, 09:12 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Friendly reminder....

Have you paid yours???

Oscar

Paid mine a few months ago. Good reminder though.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 14 2018, 09:12 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Friendly reminder....

Have you paid yours???

Oscar

Paid, didn't even know we could do this, now I know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.