Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB for throttle cable improved $24 will be $32 after (pics post 153)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
yellowporky
Any idea on time frame?
AndyB
Is this a woven cable, or a solid/ pliable piece of metal?
raynekat
QUOTE(Chris Scott @ May 4 2018, 02:27 PM) *

Any idea on time frame?

Bingo.
If this doesn't happen soon, I'll need to source another.
Tbrown4x4
I couldn't wait. Bought the Pelican Parts cable so I could drive the car. But I will still get the 914rubber cable when it's available.
Mikey914
Thanks,
I will start producing these this week. I'm quite happy with how these turned out. I thank all that have stepped up to support the project. I mainly just need Blake to get the listing together on the site so we can process these in an efficient manner. With options it adds a few different variables.
Mark
pilothyer
Can't wait !! but will wait biggrin.gif
flmont
iam in for 1 also
jcd914
I would like 1 of these.

As always there are other 914rubber products I need to order too.

Jim
aggiezig
I'm in for one of these for a carb'd 4cyl
914-300Hemi
Please put me down for one also.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ May 5 2018, 10:26 PM) *

Please put me down for one carb’d Version.

Mikey914
The 1st cable prototype is complete and being tested on Matts car today. Pending any other modifications to our plan we will have these ready to start shipping this week.
Mark
rgolia
I'll take one too, carbed 4. It will be my backup to the backup until I redo the pedal cluster next year.
Halfnelson
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 13 2018, 05:49 PM) *

The 1st cable prototype is complete and being tested on Matts car today. Pending any other modifications to our plan we will have these ready to start shipping this week.
Mark

Hey Mark, Are these good to go? Thanks, Chris
Mikey914
My schedule has been pretty busy I passed this off to Matt to complete testing. I'll know more when I get back Monday.
Gary
If QC checked out, I'm in for a stock 4 cable.
Gary
Bump. Just checking on progress.
aggiezig
I'm itching to order a few things and would love to include this cable
Mikey914
I understand, and will get back to these as soon as WCR is over. Right now Im getting my car ready.
theer
Monthly bump.. any news? Grey Matter needs a stock to Suby cable.

Thanks
jim_hoyland
Another great 914Rubber part ! Want one for my L-Jet FI
Thanks for making this happen smile.gif
Mikey914
Ran into issues with the sheath material when we bonded them together. I will have more time after the 4th.
Olympic 914
Also anxiously waiting for these. Stock 2.0
914forme
-6 I am in for 2, as I will need to carry a spare, old habit, which means something else will break. headbang.gif
914werke
Late to this party but a couple areas I didn't read that had been addressed in this new & improved version, since you have the opportunity is: 1st the housing end that attaches to the plenum/ bracket ect. is cheap..seem like some manufactures are using pot metal or an inferior alloy and the short threaded section is prone to cracking & snapping.
The other is the mating of the braided sheath to the collar at the firewall tube. constantly seperating.
jcd914
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 2 2018, 02:21 PM) *

Late to this party but a couple areas I didn't read that had been addressed in this new & improved version since you have the opportunity is 1st the housing end that attaches to the plenum/ bracket ect. is cheap..seem like some manufactures are using pot metal or an inferior alloy and the short threaded section is prone to cracking & snapping.
The other is the mating of the braided sheath to the collar at the firewall tube. constantly seperating.

These are both things I have seen several times.
I also think the sheath section between the firewall and the plenum was a bit short and could use and extra inch of slack.

I'll be ordering one for my stock 2.0L when these become available.

Thanks
Jim
jim_hoyland
Update please smile.gif
Mikey914
Back on these Friday, hopefully they will be acceptable. I wasn;t completely happy with the previous version.
Mark
DRPHIL914
I might have to order one if they turn out to your satisfaction. My current one was not in for very long ,but apparent ly while taped up to the other cords to get them out of the way for paint the sheath pulled out of the metal end that attaches to the firewall tube, so not sure I should try to recrimp that to hold it in or just run a new cable . will keep an eye on this, let us know as soon as they come in.
Mikey914
I do have the stock ones available at $18 each, but really want to make some improvement on these. Just not enough time lately as I ran into a couple snags

malcolm2
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 23 2018, 11:17 AM) *

I do have the stock ones available at $18 each, but really want to make some improvement on these. Just not enough time lately as I ran into a couple snags

Keep replying here. Once you are happy, let the buying begin.
theer
Monthly bump to the top for status update.

Specifically looking for the stock to Subaru TB version.

Thanks,
Tom
Geezer914
I'm in for one!
914sgofast2
I will take one when they are available.
Thanks,
Mike D.
Olympic 914
Still interested.....

Any progress on these ?
Olympic 914
Since this has not come to be, I ordered an OEM from the Porsche dealer, $32.00.

will be in next Tues or Wed.
Mikey914
Sorry guys,
I have most of these complete, but with the increase cable size we need to do do a custom run of the cable sheath for the tunnel section as there is not an off the shelf solution. I'm in SeaTac for the next 2 months finishing up my 737 type at the new job. Unfortunately, it's taking up lots of my time and grey matter for the moment. We will get these on line as soon as we can as they are mostly done.
Mark
mb911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 8 2018, 10:47 AM) *

Sorry guys,
I have most of these complete, but with the increase cable size we need to do do a custom run of the cable sheath for the tunnel section as there is not an off the shelf solution. I'm in SeaTac for the next 2 months finishing up my 737 type at the new job. Unfortunately, it's taking up lots of my time and grey matter for the moment. We will get these on line as soon as we can as they are mostly done.
Mark

Mark to be honest that is waaaaaaay more important then cables for our cars.

Study up, be safe, and have a great holiday.
73-914
I agree , Have a great Holiday Season
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(73-914 @ Dec 8 2018, 12:10 PM) *

I agree , Have a great Holiday Season

agree.gif cars will wait; have an enjoyable holiday. smile.gif We
914-300Hemi
Any update?
db9146
I'll take a nice -6 cable if these come to fruition.
bdstone914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 24 2019, 11:14 AM) *

I'll take a nice -6 cable if these come to fruition.

@mikey914
@matt900
Mikey914
I'll be spending some time on these today and tomorrow if I can solve a few little problems we can begin production.
Thanks,
mark
theer
@mikey914

Any updates? I'd be happy to do prototype testing on Grey Matter for the Porsche-Subaru version.

Mikey914
I haven't had much time lately to spend on these but have a lot invested so yes I just need to make sure these work as planned we ran into a few issues that require some modifications over the original plan.

More to follow
Mikey914
Spent more time on these today and the 1st ones will be ready next week.
Mark
Driver174
Is there any chance I could get a longer than stock throttle cable from you? Approximately two feet longer on the engine compartment side would be nice.

Thanks,
Jim
76-914
If Mark doesn't produce them there is Control Cable Inc in CA that makes custom length cables. 562-949-0455. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Driver174 @ Jun 18 2019, 10:59 PM) *

Is there any chance I could get a longer than stock throttle cable from you? Approximately two feet longer on the engine compartment side would be nice.

Thanks,
Jim

Yes,
Do you just want an arbitrary 24" additional length? Or do you want to call it out.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.