Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Cayman Owners Roll Call
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Racer
Peridot Green Cayman R. Well done sir! Now.. PDK or Stick?
Olympic 914
You know I have a soft spot for the Sapphire Blue...

But hey, this one is an R

Congrats.

Saw a Red Cayman R last time I had my Cayman in for service.

Cal
I’m considering purchasing an ‘08 987.1....has anyone encountered any IMS issues? Is this concern overblown for the ‘06-‘08 larger bearing that Porsche installed in the gen. 1 cars? I know the bearing isn’t serviceable on these later cars.
914 Ranch
QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 17 2021, 05:50 PM) *

I’m considering purchasing an ‘08 987.1....has anyone encountered any IMS issues? Is this concern overblown for the ‘06-‘08 larger bearing that Porsche installed in the gen. 1 cars? I know the bearing isn’t serviceable on these later cars.

With what you are considering a little more money and avoid the issues. I love my '16 GT4.
euro911
QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 17 2021, 02:50 PM) *
It's serviceable, but from what I've read, it requires a complete motor teardown do replace it dry.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 17 2021, 02:50 PM) *

I've had an 08 2.7L since new and now have 80K + on it without any service problems other than normal loose headliner(warranty repair). Had spark plugs and 2 cracked coil packs replaced at 60K, and happy drives since then. It does eat rear tires at about a 20K rate, but a couple of autocrosses helped there! confused24.gif
preach
This happened today:

Click to view attachment

A full set of vocal lessons. evilgrin.gif
Cal
I just purchased an ‘08 base Cayman and love it so far. It’s a nice compliment to my ‘74 2.0L.
euro911
drooley.gif

Congrats beerchug.gif
DTMLGND
I'm in for a few beerchug.gif !!

Late summer last year looking for 987.1 for my son. Found a CS in Bay Area, went to pick it up after solid PPI and the wifey ends up wanting it lol-2.gif ! Found a 987.2 for my son a month later in SoCal. Really digging the mid-engine life with 3 in the family aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Gatornapper
I'd sell BOTH my 987.2S AND my 914 for one of these:

https://manofmany.com/rides/cars/fifteen-el...f-a-914-concept
VegasRacer
Same Cayman. New Gold Wheels. icon22_2.gif
Thanks Marty @Maltese Falcon and Dave at Wheel Enhancement.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jul 10 2021, 04:16 PM) *

Glad it all worked out and the combo looks bitchin !
Did you wind up in Inglewood for the install...or did they ship the wheels to you ?
Dave at Wheel Enhancement knows his stuff biggrin.gif
Marty
marty914.jpg
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Nov 27 2021, 10:30 AM) *

Did you wind up in Inglewood for the install...or did they ship the wheels to you ?

I would have loved the excuse for a road trip, but it was easier for me to get the take-offs home if he sent them here to my tire shop.

Click to view attachment
Gatornapper
Wow. Only wheels I've ever seen I like better than my 19" Turbo II Carrera wheels - but then my 987.2S is Meteor Grey....

The gold is beautiful with the red.

GN

IPB Image

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jul 10 2021, 07:16 PM) *

Gatornapper
Changed my mind on this post once I got a price from the Fifteen Eleven folks.

$150k if I remember correctly.

I'll keep what I have. And am more than content. Especially since I've added a 924 Turbo to my stable........tons of work ahead on it tho........

GN

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Apr 25 2021, 08:13 AM) *

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Nov 27 2021, 06:21 PM) *

Changed my mind on this post once I got a price from the Fifteen Eleven folks.

$150k if I remember correctly.

I'll keep what I have. And am more than content. Especially since I've added a 924 Turbo to my stable........tons of work ahead on it tho........

GN

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Apr 25 2021, 08:13 AM) *

"Concept" to reality of delivered cars will occur in late 2021 (according to info on their site)...anticipating some New owners to chime in here in 5 weeks or so !
marty914.jpg
mtn flyr
Coming soon!
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Dec 11 2021, 07:39 PM) *

Coming soon!

Click to view attachment
Cal
Two great mid-engined Porsches…..

Type 47
Just got this last week...
2018 Cayman S 718, GT Silver, PDK, Carrera sport wheels, 18 way sport seats, Dynamic Light system

Click to view attachment
SKL1
My older son has a 987 Cayman S- his first Porsche which he will probably keep as long as I've kept my first P car...
And my 981 spyder which is also a keeper.

We like mid engined cars...Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Gatornapper
YES indeed! Not a bad piece of property as well......obviously large.........love to see the house now......

GN

QUOTE(Cal @ Dec 12 2021, 06:50 PM) *

Two great mid-engined Porsches…..

Gatornapper
You did well - imparting wisdom to your son. But the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, right?

My eldest son got a C5 Corvette in 1999, in pre-Cayman but post-Boxster days. Think he's like a Cayman S, but he's busy raising young kids......

GN

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Dec 15 2021, 05:29 PM) *

My older son has a 987 Cayman S- his first Porsche which he will probably keep as long as I've kept my first P car...
And my 981 spyder which is also a keeper.

We like mid engined cars...Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

saladin
After searching for almost a year, and being side cast a couple times because I was negotiating remotely, in April 2019 I became the owner of a Certified Pre-Owned 2012 Cayman S Black Edition (number 186 of 500) from Porsche of Victoria Canada.

It has a six speed manual and about 33K miles on the odometer. I replaced the front side markers and sent the exhaust manifolds to Carnewal and had their 200 cell high flow cats installed. I also purchased and installed a used set of Cayman R springs and struts with Elephant Racing's front QuickChange camber plates and rear upper shock mounts.

Of course I ordered California's black license plates; with "914 GSON" (grandson)...the Boxster model being the 914 son.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(saladin @ Jan 20 2022, 11:56 PM) *

After searching for almost a year, and being side cast a couple times because I was negotiating remotely, in April 2019 I became the owner of a Certified Pre-Owned 2012 Cayman S Black Edition (number 186 of 500) from Porsche of Victoria Canada.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Nice find!! beerchug.gif
mtn flyr
Sure am enjoying this! Cayman R, composite seats, manual....way fun!
Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Well after a long discussion with myself we have decided to get a 2016 Cayman GTS.
It has 25K miles, Carmine Red and ventilated seats plus sport chrono sport suspension

Bought is in Batton Rouge yesterday and now driving it home.
It is an amazing car so far.
sb914
wub.gif Ravi
tygaboy
I just lightened the stable by selling my E9. If anyone knows of a nice 981 Cayman, I'm a potential buyer.
Van914
Here is mine. 2015 981 GTSClick to view attachment
VegasRacer
Here's to the next 100K miles. beerchug.gif
914_teener
beer.gif

Hey John, it's great that you really drive your R.

How is the 987.2 doing? My .1 at 90k started a little timing chain noise, which from what I understand on the .1's was normal. Other than that....nothing.

Kina pining for another .1 as they are reasonable. The Cayman is probably the best as Porsche could muster for an ICE car. They are the next gen 914.

Spocknasty
Boxster S owner...does that count? I wanted to be able to put the top down to hear the engine scream. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

If anyone needs Porsche upgrades, I work for Soul Performance Products and we're always happy to take care of people on our exhaust components.

-Mike
Krieger
Very nice! It is a really cool car! Live the dream John!
Jamie
My new 2024 Cayman, the "Silver Bullet!"
sportlicherFahrer
Joined the Cayman world back in October with this then 43k mile 2015 GTS with a great spec. Meant letting my '73 go, but what a car!

IPB Image
Tim17
Here’s my 2015 Cayman S.

Click to view attachment

Tim
tygaboy
I'm a buyer for a 981 manual, if anyone hears of something.
saladin
Model information available on PCA Cayman Register Cayman model history web page.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.