Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is the Rennsport Picture upload thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Lucky9146
My favorite shot of my car!

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
4 wide bodies

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Corkscrew from the track..

Click to view attachment
Mueller
We missed the parade lap by about 30 seconds sad.gif

Since I wanted to take the entire family I asked if a fellow PCA member (Carlos B) could take us in his hybrid Cayenne. By the time we got to the gate the last car was out of site and they wouldn't let us go.

I've been on Laguna Seca a few times so no big deal for me, but was bummed out that the wife and my twins couldn't experience it.
Lucky9146
Parade lap 2

Click to view attachment
Betty
Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 2 2018, 03:34 PM) *

We missed the parade lap by about 30 seconds sad.gif

Since I wanted to take the entire family I asked if a fellow PCA member (Carlos B) could take us in his hybrid Cayenne. By the time we got to the gate the last car was out of site and they wouldn't let us go.

I've been on Laguna Seca a few times so no big deal for me, but was bummed out that the wife and my twins couldn't experience it.

Well that's a bummer! I do have to say I thought the speed was a bit slow and we only got 2 laps on Friday. Saturday's run got 3 laps. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Betty
Click to view attachment

914's will always have a parking spot...
Click to view attachment

Bob Varsha doing an interview...
Click to view attachment

Bobby Rahal was there (yes that's the back of his head; you'll just have to take my word for it)...
Click to view attachment

Camera Truck...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Just gotta love some carbon fiber...
Click to view attachment

Adam Carolla was there racing the Paul Newman car he owns...
Click to view attachment
Betty
Clay talking to Chris MacAllister who owns that beautiful 914-6. Chris was driving one of the 917's later that day.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Here's Chuck Beck leaning on his Beck 904...
Click to view attachment

Pro driver Cooper MacNeil raced one of the Porsche tractors. This was in the morning after he'd taken the tractor for a spin around the parking lot to see how it handled, etc...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Self explanatory
Click to view attachment

Porsche Formula 1 car...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Betty
Here is the Ginther 914...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Here's their 'high tech' gas measurement device (yes, that's a wooden dowel)...
Click to view attachment

Hurley Haywood was there racing...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

There was pig styled race support equipment...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Betty
The pig styled race tractor...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And its piglets...
Click to view attachment

Justin Bell raced the pig tractor for the second tractor race on Sunday...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Porsche race vehicles in the paddock...
Click to view attachment

Raspberry...
Click to view attachment

Sticker...
Click to view attachment
AZBanks
I found this add on thesamba when I was thinking of doingwide steelies.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=1172589

QUOTE(johnpierre @ Oct 1 2018, 10:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 27 2018, 11:23 AM) *

IPB Image

hey y'all

i need to know what kind of wheels are on the 914 in the middle, the red one and i need to know where to get them. this is the exact wheel i have been looking for, for a very long time - anyone know who's car this is and if there are a member... PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW..........................................

-jp-

Betty
Panamera shuttles to and from the Corkscrew...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Race tractors...

Awesome wing!
Click to view attachment

Martini stripe!
Click to view attachment

"If it don't go - chrome it!"
Click to view attachment

Pro driver Patrick Long raced one of the tractors in the race on Saturday. He was first off the Le Mans starting grid but was soon passed by some of the bigger tractors.
Click to view attachment

Racers are competitive no matter what they drive. Here are two of them doing practice starts in the parking lot before the race...
Click to view attachment

The pig tractor took its piglets along during both tractor races...
Click to view attachment

There were a few 'creative lines' taken during the actual tractor races...
Click to view attachment
altitude411
I just want to thank each of you that has posted pictures to this thread. It has been very enjoyable. Hope I can one day witness it in person. beerchug.gif
914_teener
Interesting backstory on the Frank owned Ginther -4.

During qualifying the fan grenaded and took out the fan shroud and some cooling tin.

I visited the pits observing the carnage. I asked them what they were going to do and they said "we came to race". Real down to earth folks. They started 29th in the final and finished. 30 entries in that class more than I.d seen in years past and very exciting to watch.
Mueller
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 2 2018, 06:03 PM) *

During qualifying the fan grenaded and took out the fan shroud and some cooling tin.

I visited the pits observing the carnage. I asked them what they were going to do and they said "we came to race". Real down to earth folks. They started 29th in the final and finished. 30 entries in that class more than I.d seen in years past and very exciting to watch.

See page 11 for picture of fan, owner was super friendly
Socalandy
great to see everyone and put some more faces to screen names. What a killer weekend!!!

https://youtu.be/9OiUU9DFg18
914_teener
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 2 2018, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 2 2018, 06:03 PM) *

See page 11 for picture of fan, owner was super friendly

Oh....yep...didnt see that! That is it. The fan was balanced by drilling the outer rim of the casting. Don.t do that.
914_teener
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Oct 2 2018, 07:12 PM) *

great to see everyone and put some more faces to screen names. What a killer weekend!!!

https://youtu.be/9OiUU9DFg18

Marty from MSDS took a sort of World group picture. Hope he posts it.

Saw you car on the parade lap and driving through town with Don Andy. So much to see.
Maltese Falcon
One of my faves, 914 enthusiasts, some techs from Weissach and a lot of folk taking in the Porsche Rennsport spirit. Our 9148-gtt reveal was well accepted. I'll post more as we resize ; and I was blitzed with names...please excuse but you can assist with putting names on faces smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Eric, Diane from PMB, the Falcon, John Peterson the Vegas RacerClick to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Looking down the flank of 9148-gtt... just across the lane; the white TaG v6 f1 powered Nikki Lauda 930 !¡
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Having the factory Weissach techs randomly show up for scrutineering sessions. In the MSDS tent every morning (and at our meet+greet)...yes they dig a good Porsche hot rod !

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 29 2018, 03:13 PM) *

Chris Campbell in his 914R

IPB Image

Thanks for the photo and great meeting you! Assuming it was your dad who went out on the (unfortunately abbreviated) parade lap with me, I thought he might want to see what it's like out there at significantly higher speed and when not broken headbang.gif

My YouTube channel is 'ninefourteensix'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPEaNcOiLi8

Great meeting everyone I managed to connect with, and seeing some 914 friends from WAY back as well. I sent some of the shots here from my iPhone but I have a couple thousand photos to go thru from my 'big black rifles'. I was shooting all 4 days and my fitness tracker says I hiked around 38 miles thru those hills. Yikes I was/am sore. I even shot 4 rolls of 35mm film which I'm excited to get developed.

My Instagram is @cjcam930 FWIW and I will be posting a lot of RRVI shots there.

Looking forward to the next one!
cali914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Oct 2 2018, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 1 2018, 09:15 PM) *

I think he sold his Boxster, but I'm pretty sure he will never sell his 914...

--DD

Correct, and correct...I'd have to be in a very bad way before I'd let the 914 go.

So great to see so many of you there!!

Big Pete glad to see your still looking good. I am working on a new top secret 914. Not an LSX but should be very interesting. Hope things are going well. Harry
seanery
I'm loving these pics!!
Andyrew
I didnt see any pictures of either of the 914-8's. Did Porsche bring either of them there? Last time they brought the red one..
pt_700
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 29 2018, 06:53 PM) *

MSDS gathering

IPB Image

i really appreciate all the postings here. i was there for several hours saturday, unfortunately, that was all i could spare. that's me with the shit eating grin in the wide brim hat in the left rear of this photo. my regrets for not meeting more of my fellow forum denizens. i keep meaning to print my username / avatar on a name tag sticker or t-shirt for these events...

beerchug.gif
Socalandy
Some phone pics aktion035.gif

3,000 + shutters on the Nikon blink.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
getting ready to warm up the GT1 evilgrin.gif
Socalandy
The 935 K3 and GT1 are a few we prepped for the event, Ready for the next one drooley.gif
Live Event Uploader
=?utf-8?Q?Sorry,_it=E2=80=99s_my_lecherous_phone?=

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

ConeDodger
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 3 2018, 02:15 AM) *

Eric, Janice from PMB, the Falcon, John Peterson the Vegas RacerClick to view attachment

Great pictures Marty.

That’s actually Diane though. smile.gif
Wyvern
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Our 914 friend from France; Renaud visited with us. This is a pic from RennSport5 2015, but I will find his pic (just overloaded) from RennSport6 rolleyes.gif
Click to view attachment
Dominic
I brought my other mid-engined toy...parked in the corral next to some cool 904's
Dominic
1951 Sauter Roadster...

Dominic
My wife Kristina got a picture with Chad McQueen after helping him walk up the hill with his bad leg.

Maltese Falcon
AZ Banks and Family, Martin Baker on the right ...nice visiting with you !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Bob and Nadine Saville/ Naro Escape on the right...with friends
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Dave Darling...some good stories dude !

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
This guy is Lucky 9146/ Jim
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
MattyLite talking suspension with Ira of Tarett Engineering
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Wow. Just went through the whole thread. Thanks for posting the great pictures for those of us who could not make the event. beerchug.gif

I was sorry to see Steve's car didn't make it and really bummed to see Eric's car got carboned.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 3 2018, 09:57 AM) *

I didnt see any pictures of either of the 914-8's. Did Porsche bring either of them there? Last time they brought the red one..

I did not see a factory flat-8 car there; I think one 'murican V8 conversion (Renegade) was it.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 3 2018, 10:12 PM) *

AZ Banks and Family, Martin Baker on the right ...nice visiting with you !
Click to view attachment

Wow Eric..your son keeps getting taller, taller and taller.
I'm going the opposite direction. headbang.gif

drunk.gif

Oscar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.