Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is the Rennsport Picture upload thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 4 2018, 07:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 3 2018, 09:57 AM) *

I didnt see any pictures of either of the 914-8's. Did Porsche bring either of them there? Last time they brought the red one..

I did not see a factory flat-8 car there; I think one 'murican V8 conversion (Renegade) was it.

Chris...Looks like you needed a proper German 8 conversion dose at Renn6; but you can drive over the hill anytime and have a cold one with the 9148-gtt beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
Marty
Maltese Falcon
Matt from 914 Rubber representing at Renn6 !!
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Edward Blume & daughter, good chatting with you two !¡
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Member here ascreenguy (Sherwood )/ Left , and his son Chris/ Right
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
Drove mine 1150 miles from Durango to the track. I was part of the Durango Porsche Caravan (4 cars and the only 914).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 4 2018, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 4 2018, 07:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 3 2018, 09:57 AM) *

I didnt see any pictures of either of the 914-8's. Did Porsche bring either of them there? Last time they brought the red one..

I did not see a factory flat-8 car there; I think one 'murican V8 conversion (Renegade) was it.

Chris...Looks like you needed a proper German 8 conversion dose at Renn6; but you can drive over the hill anytime and have a cold one with the 9148-gtt beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
Marty

Oops sorry Marty...was only thinking back to what I saw in the Corral and Paddock. I did come see your GTT masterpiece-in-progress in your booth as well. You were occupied at the moment tho.
michael7810
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 4 2018, 05:24 PM) *

Drove mine 1150 miles from Durango to the track. I was part of the Durango Porsche Caravan (4 cars and the only 914).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looking good Mike. I walked by several times hoping to run into you to no avail. Hope to see you at an event next year. Mike
AZBanks
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 4 2018, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 3 2018, 10:12 PM) *

AZ Banks and Family, Martin Baker on the right ...nice visiting with you !
Click to view attachment

Wow Eric..your son keeps getting taller, taller and taller.
I'm going the opposite direction. headbang.gif

drunk.gif

Oscar

Yes he does, Oscar. He's got about 3 inches on me now and I don't think he is done.

Thanks for posting these pics Marty. It is fun putting names with faces.

It was great meeting so may 914 world members this trip. I look forward to seeing you all again.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Oct 4 2018, 09:08 PM) *

Looking good Mike. I walked by several times hoping to run into you to no avail. Hope to see you at an event next year. Mike

Sorry I missed you. Red Rocks might be in Moab next year!
Lucky9146
Viewed from the camp ground. In the upper left is the tractor "race" and to the far right a glimpse of the 914 corral.

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
#59 with history

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
By page 19 most cars have probably been shared but here are a few of mine. This was our 3rd RR at Laguna and you see completely different things each time. Highlights for me were Porsche #1, A 924 DP car with the original bodywork, the dozen or so 959 road cars including a unique factory orange and forest green version. My wife enjoyed the celebrity aspect including meeting Adam Carolla, Mike "wheeler dealer" Brewer who performed the whole parting paragraph from his show ending in "Tah-Lah" for her, and Maria Sharapova. Hurley Haywood said there will be a Brumos museum opening in about a year (Jacksonville, of course) that will be twice the size of their old showcase for the race cars and sounded like merch, etc will be available again. Great time as usual and a must see if you haven't been.
Andrew
Maltese Falcon
A less intense moment in tents biggrin.gif , we also had the Lake (finally has water) just outside the back door !
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Nice momentous:
daytona
Hi Jim_Hoyland,
Can you tell us who was selling the Rennsport and 70 year anniversary badges?
Thanks,
Bill.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(daytona @ Oct 5 2018, 01:36 PM) *

Hi Jim_Hoyland,
Thanks,
Bill.

Porsche was giving away at least 2 of them...
Lucky9146
QUOTE(daytona @ Oct 5 2018, 01:36 PM) *

Hi Jim_Hoyland,
Thanks,
Bill.

My buddy and I had to work for ours. We had to download the Rennsport 6 app and take 9 pictures to their specifications then show the pictures to them to collect the badges. We were limited to a choice of one badge or the other but not both of the badges Jim displayed. Never saw the one pictured at top and that is a very cool badge!
If Porsche was giving them away that would have been cool but we missed that if true.
driving.gif white914.jpg
Manny Alban
Porsche stopped by the PCA tent on Sunday with about 1000 of each badge They asked us to give them away to members. I thought they were older badges from other events, but no, these were actual event badges. They easily could have sold these for $25 each and they would have sold out. Nice touch that they gave them away.
EdwardBlume
It was in front of the in-car simulator in the Paddock. The Porsche rep handed two of them to Buddy. We thanked her.
Mueller
The middle badge it too cool.

I was given the one with the one race car, will make a nice display piece.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
The Ferry Porsche 100 yr badge was being blown out by a Porsche dealership on vendor row...$20. The other Rennsport badges were not for sale and you just had to be in the right place at the right time for the hand out. Very nice of them to do, tons of free swag this year including metal street signs.
Lucky9146
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 5 2018, 12:51 PM) *

Nice momentous:

Click to view attachment

If anyone has any spare of the red badge lower left, I would really appreciate if I could get 2, one for my buddy that was there with me and one for me. Be more than happy to pay shipping. Or if you know who to contact.
jim_hoyland
I heard that they are including RR swag in the PCA regional meeting raffle tomorrow at Glory Days in Desl Beach
I’ll see what I can do.....
Matty900
Load in night
Matty900
Photo Credit Christine Reed Timeless Vehicles
Matty900
So thankful to Eric (AZBanks) beerchug.gif
Matty900
driving.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Oct 5 2018, 09:30 PM) *

Load in night

I love the Type 64 (AKA 60K10) reflected in the side there!!

--DD
Matty900
Cleary Realdy for ski season
Maltese Falcon
Mon ami Renaud / France , very cool meeting up with you at Rennsport6 driving.gif

Click to view attachment
Martin Baker

Nice to talk "face to face" finally! Appreciate the advice on your good friend all those years back!

MB
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Oct 6 2018, 04:35 PM) *

Nice to talk "face to face" finally! Appreciate the advice on your good friend all those years back!

MB

It only takes a Rennsport Reunion to get like minds together Martin, good meeting you as well
thumb3d.gif
rgalla9146
Thanks to all for the pics.
Good to see the real people that we know only by 914World names.
Maybe next year for me.
Where will it be ?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 7 2018, 03:56 PM) *

Maybe next year for me.
Where will it be ?

Recently they have been held every three years. The last few have been at Laguna Seca but have also been held at Lime Rock and Daytona.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 7 2018, 02:56 PM) *

Maybe next year for me.
Where will it be ?

Weathertech is putting a lot of their investment cash into Laguna Seca, and Porsche put a lot more bells + whistles into Rennsport6 (compared to their 2015 show). Porsche basically takes over this track and puts on a show unparralled by any other Porsche gathering....including an evening concert with a big outdoor stage featuring Bob Weir, Seal .This year attendee ticket and vendor space sales were up (overheard) +30% over Rennsport5; and also heard that they want to hold several more Rennsports here. It would only be fair to rotate tracks for these shows around this big country...time will tell aktion035.gif
Maltese Falcon
Rennsport6 is in the bag...sans Sheridan wide body and homeward bound for a bit more work !
Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 7 2018, 07:40 PM) *

Rennsport6 is in the bag...sans Sheridan wide body and homeward bound for a bit more work !
Click to view attachment

Cool to see wheels on that beast Marty
Maltese Falcon
Jim...just rolling on these temporary Fiskes, Forgeline centerlock wheels expected soon driving.gif
Maltese Falcon
Brian Redman was autographing his books ( and catching up with the news) just across the lane from our exhibitClick to view attachment
AZBanks
My Pleasure.

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Oct 5 2018, 09:35 PM) *

So thankful to Eric (AZBanks) beerchug.gif

Seaside6
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 7 2018, 02:56 PM) *

Maybe next year for me.
Where will it be ?

PCNA employee said the next Rennsport Reunion is being planned for 4 years out. This one was done in 3 years so it would coincide with the Porsche 70 Year Celebration.

If they are thing like that the next one may coincide with the 75th (five years out). And it looks like they are in love with Laguna Seca.
stownsen914
Sure wish they'd consider coming back east again ...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Oct 9 2018, 08:44 AM) *

Or even somewhere in the middle of the US.

COTA is an world class F1 track. Road America is a world class road racing facility. Both would draw lots of Porsches from both coasts.

stownsen914
Road America would be fun. Mid Ohio is another sort of central venue. I guess this is similar to the SCCA Runoffs situation, which has been moving around the country periodically for the past couple decades.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 9 2018, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Oct 9 2018, 08:44 AM) *

Or even somewhere in the middle of the US.

COTA is an world class F1 track. Road America is a world class road racing facility. Both would draw lots of Porsches from both coasts.

COTA would be driving.gif sensational driving-girl.gif
cary
It was my 1st Rennsport. Quite emotional for me.
Here's my most emotional moment. Jackie Ickx sitting in his 953.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

cary
Here's the 914 car corral on Saturday.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Maltese Falcon
Good friend of mine Rami, just had to ham it up a bit in the Rennsport6 Cut-out/ Photo-op tent. Hurley was looking on and gave us a few laughs biggrin.gif
instagram pic by Stephen V
JmuRiz
OK Marty, did you happen to check out this tent at Rennsport?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoOQLtkB0uv/?utm_source=ig_embed

Seems right up your ally

Very cool they are taking the McLaren F1 engine-mule 930 idea and making 11 more road-cars drooley.gif happy11.gif

Whoops!
Just saw your post a few pages back, you were across the street neighbors. Very cool to see two WILD Porsche project tents right across from each other!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.