Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is the Rennsport Picture upload thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 28 2018, 10:33 PM) *

IPB Image

Rolly's lightweight 911 R-gruppe car...totally cool L.A. guy. I should have shown him my F-Truppe decal biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 27 2018, 02:18 PM) *

A four-cylinder firmer IMSA car

IPB Image

AKA; Wayne Baker's the Yellow School Bus biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 27 2018, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 28 2018, 12:18 AM) *

My candid Rennsport pic when the Porsche factory Techs stop by (twice today) to scrutinize my 914 builds; "Quick call the factory, our Cayenne fits the old 914" biggrin.gif

This makes me smile!!

biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 27 2018, 11:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Sep 27 2018, 10:35 PM) *
Those guys aren't smiling.

We Germans smile on the inside ...
shades.gif

biggrin.gif driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Sep 27 2018, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 27 2018, 09:18 PM) *

My candid Rennsport pic when the Porsche factory Techs stop by (twice today) to scrutinize my 914 builds; "Quick call the factory, our Cayenne fits the old 914" biggrin.gif Click to view attachment

Marty,

This picture eerily reminds me of Harald Von Keszycki. Now its your turn.

When he built the Monster 914 the Porsche factory guys were all over him and his car really gave it a going over. Coming from the aerospace industry they took him very seriously including Ferry himself. Porsche was having issues with the turbo 2.1 baby motor and on a few occasions Haralds car blew by some of those factory cars like they were standing still. Haralds car once sorted was actually fairly reliable whereas the factory cars were running stratospheric boost and coming apart between the heads and barrels. They resorted later to welding the heads to the cylinders to remedy that problem.

Nothing beats American ingenuity. I suppose the air jacks supports hanging down under the back of your car (If that's what those are?) may have caught someone's attention in the neighboring tent. Those guys aren't smiling. Maybe they are thinking the 1.5 liter TAG motor may have not been the best idea after all?

Nice work buddy.

Thank you Jeff for the kind words, hope that your killer project is coming together thumb3d.gif Yes...those are the 2 housings for the Genesis air-jacks ¡¡ Harald von K's supercar schooled my black six at Riverside pretty good, when it was just a pup with a 2.7/rajay turbo narrow body on 7" slicks biggrin.gif Harald's 914 was an original Kremer 9146gt...that he morphed into that track beast, today that 914 has been returned to its former appearance as a Kremer GT. I believe the car is the same one at this year's Rennsport6 (scroll this thread...it's in here). Harald and I kept in touch through the years...he recently passed and we lost a cool enthusiast and a Real rocket scientist.
914andy
I think there used to be a -6 twin to Waynes GTU -4. I crewed one year at Daytona on these cars ...hmmm...in the early 80's? Wish I could find the old pictures. Pretty cool stuff. Seems like the 4 had some kind of BMW mechanical fuel injection on it. Also, seems like the name Volker Bruckman (spelling?) was associated with them.
Anyway.. was a fun time in life....to bad the cars didn't finish well
andy
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914andy @ Oct 12 2018, 09:23 AM) *

I think there used to be a -6 twin to Waynes GTU -4. I crewed one year at Daytona on these cars ...hmmm...in the early 80's? Wish I could find the old pictures. Pretty cool stuff. Seems like the 4 had some kind of BMW mechanical fuel injection on it. Also, seems like the name Volker Bruckman (spelling?) was associated with them.
Anyway.. was a fun time in life....to bad the cars didn't finish well
andy

The 4cyl was allowed to run with less vehicle weight (than a 6 cyl) and took major advantage of that. The mfi was off of a BMW 2002 ti, and the alternator ran off of the axle shaft. Lots of innovative creations on this one driving.gif
Larmo63
Hey Marty, I think I gave Rolly an F Truppe sticker in Tustin when he drove his /6 conversion car to the Enderle morning cars and coffee.

Good guy!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 12 2018, 10:43 AM) *

Hey Marty, I think I gave Rolly an F Truppe sticker in Tustin when he drove his /6 conversion car to the Enderle morning cars and coffee.

Good guy!

He is now one of us; an F trupper and (still) an R grupper !¡
Maltese Falcon
This guy is responsible for the gt metal work, bodywork and paint on my black flat-fan car; Jim Torres (L) and his awesome collection of the Wynns #10/ 962 and Coca Cola 935 . He also engineered and builds continuation Horizontal Fan systems for the air cooled 6. MattyLight on the Right.
Click to view attachment
2mAn
Looks like I really missed out... I wish they wouldve had that cool swag from the previous one. I actually proposed to my now wife that same day after leaving the show and meeting up with the families in Monterey. Wonderful day
Maltese Falcon
Good friends from L.A. Derek Whitacre (L) and Dorian Valenzuela (Right)
stopped in for a quick chat. Derek is a music writer for TV & Film ; Dorian has a state of the art Tuning biz in Montebello. We are brought together by our interests in all things driving.gif Porsche first.gif Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 12 2018, 08:45 AM) *

Rolly's lightweight 911 R-gruppe car...totally cool L.A. guy. I should have shown him my F-Truppe decal biggrin.gif

If you look closely, you can see my wife's red SC in that photo. We were staying at that hotel.

--DD
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 13 2018, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 12 2018, 08:45 AM) *

If you look closely, you can see my wife's red SC in that photo. We were staying at that hotel.

--DD

Dave...she got the Perfect corner parking spot, NOT that anyone door dings our cars at a Porsche Gig, right ¿¿
Our hotel had an airfield-sized parking lot. At night I noticed an enclosed trailer that just parked next to our trailer... and asked myself WTF why there ? In the morning when we were hitching up to leave we met the owner of it, nice dude + we start talking Porsche. Turns out that he is the owner of Peter Gregg's/ Brumos 934.5 pray.gif and kept our 9148-gtt company all night biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.