Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE 50th Anniversary with parade laps at Mosport, Aug 2-4 2024
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark Henry
@14carrot
John I have those front end parts I still owe you kicking around. I know it may be a while but they're not going anywhere.
shades.gif
14carrot
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 18 2021, 07:01 AM) *

@14carrot
John I have those front end parts I still owe you kicking around. I know it may be a while but they're not going anywhere.
shades.gif

You da best. Always good to have an excuse to visit the Henry ranch. bye1.gif
PatrickB
QUOTE(davep @ Apr 18 2021, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Apr 18 2021, 07:15 AM) *
I'd like to wind up with a spare that's got a higher final gear that's been freshened.

I am uncertain what you want here. If you want to lower the rpms while cruising in top gear then that could be a bit of a challenge. The 914 has a fifth gear code ZD which is the highest normally available gear set. No 911 even used a gear that high. In fact, the 914/4 is actually lugging the engine in 5th at normal legal speeds; the choice the factory made to maximize fuel economy back in the day, but insufficient airflow to properly cool the heads it has been claimed. On the other hand, there a lot of choices below ZD available.

See what Mark said. The
engine I have in the car is happy at lower rpm.
PatrickB
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/810527469895465/

The guy I bought the last one from sent m this link. Looks like two basket cases not far from Pembroke. Overpriced but who knows? Might be negotiable. I don't have the time to deal with this but maybe someone else here does.
PatrickB
QUOTE(PatrickB @ May 7 2021, 11:39 AM) *

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/810527469895465/

The guy I bought the last one from sent m this link. Looks like two basket cases not far from Pembroke. Overpriced but who knows? Might be negotiable. I don't have the time to deal with this but maybe someone else here does.

Someone bought, anyone here???
PatrickB
John Tipper, have a look at your PM's. Notifications aren't working.
914lover17
Hi everyone,

New to the porsche 914 world, seriously trying to get in one. In the mean time I'll just live vicariously through ya'll biggrin.gif

Bryce
K-W
gvlb914
Hi, finally have mine back from being at Mike's 914s for quite sometime.
I'm looking for a 914 mechanic in the Kitchener-Waterloo area to help with a situation where the car experiences a total loss of power while driving in 'hot' weather. Ran fine in the spring, however now that the weather has heated up, she stalls out totally? After a short wait she will run again, but has stalled out before I make it back to my driveway. Can anyone here recommend a 914 mechanic in the Kitchener area?
Here is my '72 1.7. (My second 914, my first one came out of Crosby Volkswagen in March 1972, which was destroyed on the 401 after approx 22k miles of great driving. I had been trying to replace for quite some time when I found this one at Mike's in 2018, it was a very dark green at that point. Thanks for looking, and any help will be appreciated.
Gary V - gvlb914
Click to view attachment
mihai914
Hi Gary,

You should have a look at the cylinder head temp sensor for one.

Also start reading this page and go through the diagnostic yourself.

https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/
Mark Henry
Call Randy at Whaletail, if he doesn't work on the 914/T4 he should know of a local shop that does.

https://whaletailcanada.com/contact.html
14carrot
QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Jul 4 2021, 06:11 PM) *

I'm looking for a 914 mechanic in the Kitchener-Waterloo area to help with a situation where the car experiences a total loss of power while driving in 'hot' weather. Ran fine in the spring, however now that the weather has heated up, she stalls out totally? After a short wait she will run again, but has stalled out before I make it back to my driveway. Can anyone here recommend a 914 mechanic in the Kitchener area?
Here is my '72 1.7. (My second 914, my first one came out of Crosby Volkswagen in March 1972, which was destroyed on the 401 after approx 22k miles of great driving. I had been trying to replace for quite some time when I found this one at Mike's in 2018, it was a very dark green at that point. Thanks for looking, and any help will be appreciated.
Gary V - gvlb914
Click to view attachment

Hi Gary. Not sure if we've talked before or not. Your car is looking sharp. Is this the car with the interesting speedometer face? Is the car carbureted? Sounds like vapour lock. If carbed, make sure your fuel lines are well isolated from engine heat. My white car used to do the same thing and simply raising the lines up a few inches did the trick. Please also be invited to our Whatsapp group. Please email me to be added. Also, if you are PCA, please lmk on that too, so I can ensure that you are notified of 914 member events.
gvlb914
QUOTE(14carrot @ Jul 5 2021, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Jul 4 2021, 06:11 PM) *

Gary V - gvlb914
Click to view attachment

Hi Gary. Not sure if we've talked before or not. Your car is looking sharp. Is this the car with the interesting speedometer face? Is the car carbureted? Sounds like vapour lock. If carbed, make sure your fuel lines are well isolated from engine heat. My white car used to do the same thing and simply raising the lines up a few inches did the trick. Please also be invited to our Whatsapp group. Please email me to be added. Also, if you are PCA, please lmk on that too, so I can ensure that you are notified of 914 member events.

Hello John.

I don't think we have met. The car still has it's FI intact. We thought of vapour lock as well, however, my stalling occurs during a drive, especially in real warm weather like we have been having for the past month or so. My regular car mechanic has been very busy during this lock down, and I haven't been able to get the car into his shop until he has a free hoist. Hopefully next week .... fingers crossed. Dr914 - George - suggests we start with the head temp sensor .... and go from there. I'm not a PCA member as of yet, but I will send you an email to join your Whatapp group. Thanks for your input and hopefully I can relay better news next week. driving.gif
gvlb914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 5 2021, 10:29 AM) *

Call Randy at Whaletail, if he doesn't work on the 914/T4 he should know of a local shop that does.

https://whaletailcanada.com/contact.html

Thanks Mark.
I have made contact with Randy, and he is sending me some information. I was at his place for the 2019 'meet' that he held on his property. Hopefully he can help me out.
Cheers.
gvlb914
gvlb914
Thank you to all for their timely advise ... Mihai914, Dr914, John, and Mark.

(Space and time finally became available at my local mechanics shop, a former car racer, Shawn Arnott at Automotive Truck & Tire and special thanks are sent his way)

After we changed the cylinder head temperature sensor (and fuel filter) the car has been running fine without any sudden loss of power/stalling while cruising. Been doing just fairly short local runs lasting about an hour for the past week ... so far so good.

Looking forward to some fun summer drives. driving.gif

Thanks again 914 world.... aktion035.gif

Gary V - New Hamburg, ON. gvlb914
14carrot
QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Aug 4 2021, 06:46 AM) *

Thank you to all for their timely advise ... Mihai914, Dr914, John, and Mark.

(Space and time finally became available at my local mechanics shop, a former car racer, Shawn Arnott at Automotive Truck & Tire and special thanks are sent his way)

After we changed the cylinder head temperature sensor (and fuel filter) the car has been running fine without any sudden loss of power/stalling while cruising. Been doing just fairly short local runs lasting about an hour for the past week ... so far so good.

Looking forward to some fun summer drives. driving.gif

Thanks again 914 world.... aktion035.gif

Gary V - New Hamburg, ON. gvlb914

Great to hear Gary. I didn't realize it, but guess that I was just in your backyard in Wellesley today. With you in New Hamburg and myself in Scotland, we'll have to get together with Dave (Slyder) sometime. Dave is in Drumbo. We should all put our town/city in our signatures to know who is where.
14carrot
Thanks to member George K for the winning entry in the PCAUCR logo contest. New logo based on George's ideas looks great - but of course it would've been a little better as a 914 profile biggrin.gif If you're PCA you should've received the new logo in vinyl cling for your window and a new pin.

Click to view attachment
14carrot
Please register now for the UCR Concours

Saturday September 4th, Niagara Falls

Click to view attachment

The day is free for all PCA UCR members and includes a Porsche goodie bag.

All 914s are invited to register and display. Cars needn't be trailer queens. Bring your driver!

REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO 150 CARS and filling up fast so please register now.

Here's the link: PCA UCR Concours Info

Please join the 914s registered so far:

David C 1973 914 1.7
George K 1974 914 1.8
John T 1973 914 2.0

The show goes from 9am-2pm, and if there's interest, perhaps we'll do a short cruise afterwards.
14carrot
2 more important dates for September!!!
Get out and drive!

In addition to the Saturday September 4 PCA UCR Concours, please mark your calendar for the following P-car events:

Saturday September 18th, Randy's Whaletail Canada Show and Swap Meet
Randy usually offers a BBQ with donations to a chosen charity. More info here: Whaletail Canada

Saturday September 25th, Restoration Design's annual Open House and Swap
(please check website closer to the date for latest COVID protocols).
Click to view attachment
Pete and the gang always put on a great day. Come support the family that supports keeping our cars alive! Always a fascinating behind the scenes look at 3D scanning, laser cutting, the manufacture of dies and the stamping of parts in the huge presses. Check out the Speedster body-in-white, Mike's 356 and Speedster, Alex's 911, and Pete's flared 914.
Always lots of great P-cars to view.
Visit RD at Restoration Design
14carrot
Canada says farewell to Magnus.

Well, sort of.

The 914 faithful in the Great White North say goodbye to "Cranky".

Click to view attachment

Owner Jarod, recently sold this outlaw 914 with a Magnus Walker connection on BAT and it is heading stateside again.

Dave (Slyder) and I, had the pleasure of chasing this little beastie in a fun run last November (pic on first page) and we can tell you it really moves out.

Jarod recently gave me the pleasure of taking Cranky out for a spin. I must say, the vintage FAT 2.4 build is a potent recipe. Maybe a little too raw for some, but I happen to like Rice Krispies and enjoyed all the Snaps, Crackles and Pops from this little carbureted monster. The torque, said to be approaching 200 ft lbs, was delicious.

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Cranky. You can see more about the car on Instagram here "Cranky"
14carrot
QUOTE(14carrot @ Aug 18 2021, 04:51 PM) *

Please register now for the UCR Concours

Saturday September 4th, Niagara Falls

Click to view attachment

The day is free for all PCA UCR members and includes a Porsche goodie bag.

All 914s are invited to register and display. Cars needn't be trailer queens. Bring your driver!

REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO 150 CARS and filling up fast so please register now.

Here's the link: PCA UCR Concours Info

Please join the 914s registered so far:

David C 1973 914 1.7
George K 1974 914 1.8
John T 1973 914 2.0

The show goes from 9am-2pm, and if there's interest, perhaps we'll do a short cruise afterwards.

***August 31 Update***
Due to some cancellations spots are opening up for the UCR Concours on Saturday. We need more vintage Porsches and more 914s. If you can come claim your spot now and we'll see you Saturday. Of course you don't have to register to attend we just like to see more 914s on display and remember, cars needn't be show cars.
14carrot
Just two 914s the UCR Concours. The 914s seemed to generate a lot of interest. Darren's yellow 1974 1.8 is a highly original survivor that was a pleasure to see. Great chatting with so many 914 people including catching up with Walter and meeting Gord for the first time.

Everyone is invited to Porsche of London for a Cars and coffee at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. George K is planning on being there with this his 1974 1.8. You'll notice that he recently removed the sail panel vinyl. Should be a good turnout of the Porsche faithful.
Click to view attachment

14carrot
Here's one for @JeffBowlsby
Porsche parts sticker on the LE spoiler going to TonyA's Creamsicle.
Nice to see the spoiler going to a good guy with a good car. flag.gif
Funny thing is, I promised it to him before getting my Bumblebee, which needs one, so I'm back in the market for one.
If anyone has one available, please PM me. Project spoiler needing repairs is fine.

Anyone interested in joining Tony and I for Perch in Port Dover Wednesday night lmk. We'll be hanging out at a cottage there. Maybe we can do 914s on the pier and have a little scoot. Room to crash at the cottage too if you don't mind leaving by 7:00 for breakfast at the Dover Dairy bar Thursday morning.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
14carrot
Overdue thanks to our hosts at Restoration Design for a great Open House event last Saturday. Mark Henry showed up and brought along both the AMC and AA heads he is now selling. Always good to reconnect with the 914 faithful. Thanks Pete Alex and Mike for another great day.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gvlb914
Hello:
There was a cruze this evening in Innerkip, ON with over a hundred
cars and trucks. Very good attendance. This is about 25km from our home
in New Hamburg.

Finally got my 914 running again, making it possible to attend with
three local Ford owners - family and friends!

A great way to spend a beautiful fall evening with fellow car guys/gals.

Only Porsche in attendance.

Click to view attachment
14carrot
QUOTE(gvlb914 @ Sep 29 2021, 06:24 PM) *

Hello:
There was a cruze this evening in Innerkip, ON with over a hundred
cars and trucks. Very good attendance. This is about 25km from our home
in New Hamburg.

Finally got my 914 running again, making it possible to attend with
three local Ford owners - family and friends!

A great way to spend a beautiful fall evening with fellow car guys/gals.

Only Porsche in attendance.

Click to view attachment

Hey Gord, looking sharp! Glad to hear you're back in action.
14carrot
Click to view attachment
Calling all 914s to the
PCAUCR/BMW Trillium Autocross
Sunday October 17, 8:00am
Click the links below for more info and to register for $40.
Must be PCA UCR member or other CASC affiliate member.
Just a few spots left.
Spectator 914s (including non-members) are welcome by signing a waiver.
Come see what it is all about and check out the fun.
Lunch run afterwards???
UCR Autocross
More info at BMW Trillium website
Also, please email me (not PM) for the link to our WhatsApp group.
John driving-girl.gif
14carrot
I just got a reply from BMW autocross rep Randy Sparre who advises helmet MUST BE LABELLED SNELL2015 or SNELL2020 certified. Contrary to event information posted, he says loaner helmets should be available. Those I've talked to here are not interested in going in wet conditions, so I guess we won't be meeting up there afterall. If you are going for sure, please let us know.
14carrot
Cars and Coffee at Porsche of London tomorrow morning, Sunday October 17th - thanks Jarod!

Showroom is looking good.

Click to view attachment

Rain or shine event.
14carrot
Just received this cool pic from Bob Bailey. He and his son just returned from the Going to the Sun rally in Montana, having put over 1000 miles on Bob's fine replica of the car he, Jacques Duval and George Nicholas piloted to class victory at Daytona in 1971. 50th Anniversary this year!!! Way to go Bob! A real 914 hero first.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
14carrot
Happy New Year everyone!!!

Just a reminder that registration for the 2022 PCA UCR Introductory Driver Safety and Driver Education track weekends opens at midnight tonight and will book up quickly. You must create an account at reg.pcaucr.org before being able to register.
14carrot
One step closer to being ready for getting on track in 2022. Picked up a Snell helmet today from Ken Sherret. Cool guy. Suspect that Patrick might know him????
Apparently, his dad, Datsun Dave, was a bit of an off road legend, and knew Ernie of Mantis very well.

http://www.sherretmotorsports.com/

Just a reminder to please email me to get the link to our WhatsApp group.
14carrot
Hoping to see 914 brethren at the PCA UCR Shift Into Spring Open House on Sunday. This is a free day with no registration required. Swap tables are still available and really cheap ($5 or $10). Come check out all the cars and meet a lot of great people. Details are here:
https://pcaucr.org/social/open-house/#
Click to view attachment

14carrot
Great turnout at the open house last Sunday:).Always a treat to see Mike's gorgeous 356.
Next up, let's plan to form a 914 corral at the Porsche of London's cars and coffee May 15th, 1265 Wharncliffe Rd S. London
Plan to see a broad cross section of P-cars, with some exotics and American muscle thrown in for good measure.
Jarod will have his newly acquired ex Patrick Dempsey GT3RS on display.
For anyone interested in joining, I'll likely be taking off from the meet to make a run down to Mackie's for lunch on the beach at Port Stanley.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
14carrot
Great turnout today at the Porsche of London cars and coffee. Thanks Jarod!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
14carrot
Click to view attachment
[
14carrot
Click to view attachment
14carrot
I think I spy George's beautiful orange '74 in this shot with Stefan's six. George, sorry I missed you. Hope to see the new look of bare sails soon.
Click to view attachment
cholland_
Never introduced myself here - I'm in Toronto; working very slowly on one day driving this thing, which I've had sitting around for close to 20 years.

IPB Image
14carrot
Hey Chris, great to see you here. Loving the colour of your car - it looks real fun.
Hoping to have more news soon about some summertime meetups.
14carrot
Is it an original Ravenna car? One of my top faves for sure.
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(14carrot @ May 27 2022, 07:08 PM) *

Is it an original Ravenna car? One of my top faves for sure.

ravenna and delphi are my favourite pcar914 green colours. most are really, other than Irish green. beautiful
peteyd
Hello Southern Ontario boys!

We are having an open house/ car show here at RD. There will be food trucks, beer, coffee and snacks available for purchase. Several businesses on the road will be participating and therefore there will be extra parking.

The car show is open to all car makes.

All the details are on the flyer.

Cheers,

Click to view attachment
ninetwodigits
Thanks, @14carrot .
For the Collector Car Canada event June 18 at the Hagerty Garage + Social in Burlington, On, here is the registration link -
Collector Car Canada June 18 event registration

Event poster is in my next post. See you there!

QUOTE(14carrot @ Oct 10 2019, 09:58 PM) *

*Please see most recent posts on last page for details about the June 18th Collector Car Canada cars and coffee in Burlington at the Haggerty Garage and Restoration Design's event on Sunday, June 19th. Let's see those teeners!!!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD PLEASE CLICK ON THE OPTIONS BUTTON IN THIS POST AND SELECT TRACK THIS TOPIC!!

This thread is the communication hub for 914 activities in Ontario.

See last pages for most recent activity.
November 8th 914 fun run featuring this former Magnus Walker yellow '74 914
Great time today in sunny Southern Ontario.
Click to view attachment

This is the place to keep up to date with the teener nation in the Great White North. Please share a pic of your car and subscribe. Let's roll. aktion035.gif
The main thrust of our content is aimed at teeners in the Upper Canada and Rennsport Regions of PCA, but we invite all of our American friends in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania and the Northeast to join in the discussion and meet up with us for events! flag.gif

Links to past events:

CanAm 914 50th, August 4, 2019 at Mosport:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...61&hl=CanAm

Jacques Duval Tribute, September 28, 2019 at Mont Tremblant:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...l=Jacques+DuvalClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[b]

ninetwodigits
Here is the event poster. See you there!

[quote name='14carrot' post='2753826' date='Oct 10 2019, 09:58 PM']
*Please see most recent posts on last page for details about the June 18th Collector Car Canada cars and coffee in Burlington at the Haggerty Garage and Restoration Design's event on Sunday, June 19th. Let's see those teeners!!!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD PLEASE CLICK ON THE OPTIONS BUTTON IN THIS POST AND SELECT TRACK THIS TOPIC!!

This thread is the communication hub for 914 activities in Ontario.

See last pages for most recent activity.
November 8th 914 fun run featuring this former Magnus Walker yellow '74 914
Great time today in sunny Southern Ontario.
Click to view attachment

This is the place to keep up to date with the teener nation in the Great White North. Please share a pic of your car and subscribe. Let's roll. aktion035.gif
The main thrust of our content is aimed at teeners in the Upper Canada and Rennsport Regions of PCA, but we invite all of our American friends in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania and the Northeast to join in the discussion and meet up with us for events! flag.gif

Links to past events:

CanAm 914 50th, August 4, 2019 at Mosport:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...61&hl=CanAm

Jacques Duval Tribute, September 28, 2019 at Mont Tremblant:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...l=Jacques+DuvalClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[b]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Click to view attachment
14carrot
IT'S BACK!!!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

For those lucky enough to have attended the 914 50th celebration at Mosport in 2019, we are pleased to announce that a 2022 914 meet is in the works for Sunday July 31st at the PCA Upper Canada Region 25th Anniversary Can Am Club Race at Mosport.

Come for the day or come for the weekend.

Here is the draft of our itinerary:

Saturday: Arrive when you like and camp out on corner 2 to swap stories by campfire
Sunday: 9:00-10:30 classic Porsche coffee social
10:50 watch the main event - 2022 PCA Club Race 90 minute Enduro
12:00 Drivers' Meeting
12:25 Grid Cars
12:35 - 13:35 Free Parade Laps of the famous Mosport Grand Prix circuit!!!
14:00 - ice cream run

This is a free event for all PCA members!!! Not a member? Join today at pca.org

Hoping to see our friends from UCR, Quebec and the USA and make some new ones!!!

Registration details to follow - so please subscribe to track this topic.
TonyA
Did someone say creamsicle run!?
14carrot
Perfect!!!! Come back Tony! - and yes, we'll take the Creamsicle for ice cream.

I'm starting to hear from some of our 2019 participants and am excitedly awaiting them to post in here!

Please everyone, if you're planning on coming, post here so I can plan the parade laps and can make contact with you.

Can't wait!
vitamin914
I have plans to to be there Sunday. Now I just need to put the car back together !!!

PM sent.
14carrot
The July 31st event should provide some great motivation!!!
The 2019 yellow pace car owner, Tim has confirmed that he and his family will be there! Sounds like a reunion is underway driving.gif

Just a reminder that today is the last day to sign up for the UCR Boyd Conservation Area annual picnic please see the UCR club website for details and the link to register. $10 per head for barbecue and admittance - children 16 years old and under are free.

See you there!!

OctClick to view attachment
David Billo
QUOTE(14carrot @ Jun 12 2022, 11:17 PM) *

IT'S BACK!!!!

This is a free event for all PCA members!!!

Hey, great to hear! My brother, Andrew, and I plan to attend. We are PCA members but thinking of bringing a few guests. Specifically, my wife Trevina, our sister Teresa, and a friend of my brother, John.

Wondering, though, what is the entry fee for non-PCA members?

As for the parade laps, we would like to secure passenger seats for our sister, and friend, John, if any are available. My brother and I, and my wife plan to find a good spot trackside this time and watch the laps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.