Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE 50th Anniversary with parade laps at Mosport, Aug 2-4 2024
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
14carrot
Hey David,
My daughter Erin will be taking the passenger seat in my car, but there might be seats available in other UCR SIG member vehicles.
Looking forward to seeing you at the CanAm in July white914.jpg
14carrot
Hey everyone, great turnout today at the UCR annual picnic. The number five bomber was the only 914 in the field. Lots of love today for the 914. Good to catch up with Gord. Erin had a great day too and is super stoked about camping out at Mosport for the July 31st CanAm meetup.

Click to view attachment
14carrot
A little better showing for 914 at the Porscheplatz at the Mosport IMSA race on Sunday. Organizers directed David and me to park our cars front and center. Wow, how times have changed. The 914 is certainly getting a new level of respect and interest.
Click to view attachment
14carrot
Just got off the phone with David Tipton. It turns out there's a good reason why we haven't seen him and Carrie around. Turns out David and Carrie have relocated to Cape Breton. David sends his greetings to all the 914 gang, and says to look him up right by the causeway if you're down east.
Click to view attachment
We'll be thinking of David's 2019 appearance at 914 50th event at Mosport as we take to the Mosport GP circuit again for parade laps on July 31st during the PCA Zone 1 Club Race.
All PCA members are invited to join us for this free event.
14carrot
Click to view attachment
Got waved through at the Porsche True North After Dark meet at Porsche Centre Oakville last night. Interesting to see the 914 mystify many of the attendees and elicit fond memories among the elders sunglasses.gif . The highlight for me was chatting with Harry Bytzek's son. Like Jacques Duval, Harry was a Canadian 914-6 GT privateer, who raced IMSA against the factory favoured Brumos team of Peter Gregg and Hurley Haywood. Here's a pic of Harry and Brumos from the 1971 Bridgehampton race.
Maybe we can get a squadron of 914s to invade the next PTN meet?
Click to view attachment
14carrot
Looking forward to seeing everybody this weekend!
14carrot
PCA-UCR IS CALLING ALL 914s!!! – MEMBERSHIP NOT REQUIRED!
The annual PCA-Upper Canada Region Concours and Show & Shine event is tomorrow, Sunday, August 28 at Firemen’s Park in Niagara Falls.
PCA membership is not required for participation, and the entry fee is just $25. Currently there is not a single 914 registered, which is a shame as there are very nice people's choice trophies prepared. So $25 may get you a nice grille badge, goodie bag and trophy if you can make it.
Spectators enter free of charge.
This promises to be another great event at a beautiful venue with nice amenities on site, a day to bring the whole family out to, and a chance to catch up with your Porsche buddies and check out an abundance of gorgeous machinery.
Everyone’s a winner, with trophies awarded in 14 classes in the peer-judging Show & Shine and nine classes in the judged Full-Concours for Classics, plus Goodie Bags from our generous sponsors for all participants, including a beautiful event memento grille badge. All Porsche models will be represented, from the 356 to the Taycan.
This is not just for garage queens; all Porsches are welcome, so don’t be shy. Please find more information here: https://pcaucr.org/concours/ or go straight to the registration page here: https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/12672
[b]
Click to view attachment
14carrot
Hoping our mystery 914 owner will post in to say 'hi'.

Click to view attachment

Looking for the owner (Dean?)of this gorgeous #11 red 914 to post in and say "hi". Props to you for joining us at the UCR Concours. We only wish you had registered and displayed your car to take home a People's Choice trophy.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
David Billo
Some of my pics from the PCA UCR SIG Event at Mosport on the 31st of July... Leaving the grid (honorary inclusion of ninetwodigits' beautiful 928, because he took my nephew along for the ride, and the lone 356, because, well, 356!)
David Billo
Some of the action at Mosport Corner 3:
David Billo
And then it was over...
14carrot
Hey David, thanks for posting these awesome pics. smilie_pokal.gif
14carrot
Are you a 914 owner in Ontario or Quebec? Please email me to join our WhatsApp chat.

Last Saturday saw 5 914s turnout to Randy's annual Whaletail swap and show.

Maybe we can squeeze a few more events in this fall.

Here are a few shots from Saturday of some cars you may recognise.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
14carrot
Click to view attachment
...and great to see David driving his best car. biggrin.gif
14carrot
Please plan to join us August 5-6 for the SIG 914 Mosport Meet with parade laps. Please check back for more details.

Pics above are from the 2022 event.
14carrot
Calling Canucks to join the 2023 NE Gathering, June 23-25

Click to view attachment

Please check out the official thread here:

Official 2023 NE Gathering Thread
14carrot
Hey guys, getting excited to join the Northeast Gathering this coming week. For those hanging around in Ontario don't forget the UCR picnic is next Sunday.

More info to follow soon about iour big meet at Mosport August 5th and 6th.

This is an event not to be missed with paced laps of the historic Grand Prix circuit. Open to all PCA members.
14carrot
Here's the link for the UCR picnic happening near Caledon Sunday, June 25th.

https://pcaucr.org/ucrevent/ucr-annual-picnic/
14carrot
Amazing time joining our zone one friends at the Northeast Gathering in the Poconos this weekend.

Big shout out to all the support from donors for door prizes. I walked away with a steel caliper rebuild and a stainless brake line kit courtesy of PMB - thank you Eric!
Click to view attachment
14carrot
Registration is now open for the SIG 914 CanAm reunion at Mosport. Attendees are invited to arrive Saturday to take in club racing action and camp out overnight. On Sunday, August 6th, there is a 914/classic Porsche car corral and free parade laps of the historic Mosport GP circuit during the racers' lunch at 12:25-1:25. Check out the first post for links to the 2019 event and above for pics from last year's meet. Please email John Tipper 14carrot for the registration link. This is a free event for all PCA members. Hope to see you there!Click to view attachment
14carrot
Looking forward to familiar faces and meeting some new 914 buddies at this year's meet at Mosport. We have over 75 cars registered, including seven 914s, a 935 Kremer, and a few vintage Porsches, like a '63 356 and a '68 912.

Our own David Billo is sure to capture some great pics and we look forward to what he shares!

If you were unable to come this year plan now to attend next year when we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the LE cars with the biggest showing of LE cars ever in Canada.

More to come on that.

See you at the track!

-John
14carrot
Long overdue follow-up to the NEG and the 914 Gathering during the Can-Am club race at Mosport.

NEG article on page 36:
2023 NEG

Pics courtesy of David Billo:
2023 914 Gathering at Mosport during UCR Can-Am Club Race
14carrot
It's on!

Please see the update to the first page highlighting the LE 50th Anniversary, August 2-4 at Mosport!

Hoping to see all our PCAUCR SIG 914 members and looking forward to hosting the NEG 914 Mafia up in the great white north for any that can make it! This event is open to all PCA members.

creamsicle914.jpg 14.gif bumblebee914.jpg
JeffBowlsby
This looks like a great event for the 914 Can Am cars and anything Can Am related...wish I could be there.
TonyA
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Mar 20 2024, 11:25 AM) *

This looks like a great event for the 914 Can Am cars and anything Can Am related...wish I could be there.

Jeff you talked me into going in 2018. You said anyone with a LE on the East coast should be there sssoooo I went. Great time met some life long friends. Heading up again this year.
14carrot
PCA UCR Shift Into Spring annual open house.
See you Sunday May 5th at CSN 427 Auto Collision.
https://pcaucr.org/ucrevent/shift-into-spring/

George N will likely have some 914 bits at the swap meet. Anyone interested in having a table or sharing one please hit me up.

14carrot
Please see first post. If you have an LE, or know an LE owner, please pass along our invite to Mosport August 2-4. We are looking to make the largest gathering of LE cars ever assembled in Canada at the PCA Upper Canada Can Am Challenge club race.
JeffBowlsby
Some cool 1974 Can Am Mosport photos on ebay. Not mine, just passing them on. Can anyone elaborate on them?

Look at all the 914s on the starting grid!

JeffBowlsby
smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
drooley.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Apr 16 2024, 06:08 PM) *

smile.gif

G F is the winner of the 73 series in the LM car.
i think?

pretty cool he is riding in a star steelie 74.
hope its an L jet. beer.gif beerchug.gif

great photo find mr. b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.