Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BIG announcement form 914Rubber NEW REALYS Improved design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
jim_hoyland
Order submitted.... smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 11 2019, 02:26 PM) *

And this was the most blatant abuse of marketing in the garage I've ever seen. I love Mark and 914rubber and all they do. But if everyone marketed like this in the garage it would destroy the place. There's another forum for that. A notice here in the garage, linking to a vendor forum thread would be great.

agree.gif

I bought into this group buy, am thankful for this new product, and similarly appreciate Mark & the whole team at 914rubber, but…

…but there has been an increasing trend to use 914world's Garage as a marketing tool for sales when there's a member-vendor forum—and the "psssst, big news but we won't tell you what it is" followed by more or less selling out the first run (of an admittedly cool product!) doesn't "feel" quite right if I step back from it. Another vendor actually started a thread with a title to the effect of "The Ultimate 914 sun visor" or some such, pitching an expensive product as the perfect visors for the best cars, but then wouldn't answer a simple question about the product's vinyl grain (which looks wrong...). Of course, what thread will come up in a Google search down the road, and possibly for someone who doesn't know any better?

While this isn't a problem for the vendors, it is a potential issue for 914world as well as the preservation of these cars...
maf914
Mark, I'm in for a set of 5 + 2. Thanks!
gandalf_025
I’m in for a set of 5 + 2
Thank you....
fiacra
I'll take a set of five...
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far.
We just broke 50k +

https://youtu.be/QSR79RJ4nf8

I'm basically giving these away. It's something that I only do here. I do it not to just sell product, but to help the community. As you can see, the GBs that are worthy have legs, if it's just a sale, they tend to go away.

If it's a matter of revenue, I'm quite willing to donate a percentage to the upkeep of the site. I do enjoy making parts and will continue to do so, just like to offer up deals for those that need it.

I fully anticipate this thread will die out as soon as the 100 are sold.

PMs sent to all so far,

I'f I missed anyone PM me and I'll send the link

-Mark
beech4rd
I’m in for 5, please.

Chris
no1uno
In for 5
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 11 2019, 04:21 PM) *

PMs sent to all so far.
We just broke 50k +

I'm basically giving these away. It's something that I only do here. I do it not to just sell product, but to help the community…

Thanks for the PM, and thanks for such a level-headed and cool response.

I agree with your take, and would take to see GBs that create real value for the community to be discouraged. Just wish some other vendors followed your (overall) lead when it comes to their approach, and wonder how to maintain opportunities for discounted GBs without leaving the door open to the Garage to be turned into a marketplace for full-price ads from less scrupulous suppliers?

Best,

pete
wes
Submitted and paid for my order. Thanks again!
Mitox
I’ll take 5 + 2

Thanks
Krieger
I'd like 5+2.
porbmw
Hi Mark
5 plus 2 please
Thanks
Paul
twistedstang
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 11 2019, 07:21 PM) *

PMs sent to all so far.
We just broke 50k +

I'm basically giving these away. It's something that I only do here. I do it not to just sell product, but to help the community. As you can see, the GBs that are worthy have legs, if it's just a sale, they tend to go away.

If it's a matter of revenue, I'm quite willing to donate a percentage to the upkeep of the site. I do enjoy making parts and will continue to do so, just like to offer up deals for those that need it.

I fully anticipate this thread will die out as soon as the 100 are sold.

PMs sent to all so far,

I'f I missed anyone PM me and I'll send the link

-Mark

I'm amazed at the amount of bitchiness on the forums lately. If it was an inappropriate post, it would be three pages back by now.

Thanks for what you do guys! Without people like you, our hobby would be in a worse place.
Niklas
I will take 3x5 pcs.

/ Niklas
Amphicar770
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Nov 10 2019, 11:18 AM) *

7 please.

I just had a headlight relay fail. I cut it open, and it was full of water. sad.gif

5+2 for me as well. Thanks.
MM1
Count me in for a set of 5 + 2, Mark -thanks! beer3.gif
VoPo914
Order submitted and paid. Thanks!
Gatornapper
I'm in for 5 Mark - tried to order them from your site, only old $50 one came up......can you post a link to the item on your site please?

Thanks,

GN
enikolayev
Would like a set of 5 as well.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far
91 sets spoken for WOW
Would have thought it would take longer but we are almost there!

So, at this point I'll let the 100th know who they are and we can do a back up list, as inevitably there will be a few that fall out.
11tenths
5 for me, please.

Goin like hotcakes!

Nice work guys.

Thanks- Harry
Lucky9146
One set please. I guess I am #93 biggrin.gif
Thanks!
driving.gif white914.jpg
frostyf
Yes Please, in for a set of 5 if I'm in before they're gone?
CHIZ 914
Sounds like a good value and a quality part
can I get a set of 5 for $60.00?
Grosbard
I'll take 5+2, please!
Krieger
I'm also interested in purchasing that headlight motor in the video. It seems to be pretty solid! av-943.gif
RenoRoger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 12 2019, 08:32 AM) *

PMs sent to all so far
91 sets spoken for WOW
Would have thought it would take longer but we are almost there!

So, at this point I'll let the 100th know who they are and we can do a back up list, as inevitably there will be a few that fall out.

Put me down for a set of 5, please.

Thanks, RenoRoger
BuddyV
5+2 please

Thank you!

Mikey914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Nov 12 2019, 06:30 PM) *

I'm also interested in purchasing that headlight motor in the video. It seems to be pretty solid! av-943.gif

99 committed !
One left !

You can sign up in order if you wish we typically see 3-4 per 100 drop out, so there will be a few sets, but we give everyone a week or so before we release them.

As far as the motor we hope to burn it out and have to replace it!

biggrin.gif
jcd914
I ordered my set of relays, thanks !!!!!

What is the amperage rating for these?
And for the red relays?

Thanks
Jim
Mikey914
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 12 2019, 11:48 PM) *

And for the red relays?

Thanks
Jim

I know where you are going with this. We designed both to the red spec, only difference is color. Figured they can be swapped both ways. Better to over-engineer the product.

For those than want red for the fuel pump they will be available a little after the black as we are doing that run 1st.

914coop
I'll take a set, Thanks Mike
jcd914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 13 2019, 08:26 AM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 12 2019, 11:48 PM) *

And for the red relays?

Thanks
Jim

I know where you are going with this. We designed both to the red spec, only difference is color. Figured they can be swapped both ways. Better to over-engineer the product.

For those than want red for the fuel pump they will be available a little after the black as we are doing that run 1st.

Yes that is part of where I was going.
I am also planning some additional wiring and plan to add relays as part of that wiring.
I planned to use the common square 5 pin relays but if these new relays can carry the load I will likely use them.

And since red relays were on the order page I added one to my order yesterday, I guess I won't get it right away.

Thanks
Jim
Maury4
Count me in for a 5+2, please.
Rick Maury
brownaar
5+2 for me if I'm not too late or someone doesn't pony up.
Aaron
kwfast
5+2 for me if still available,
Ken
dcecc1968
I'll take a set of 5
-Don
Mikey914
Going to start standby list at this point I'll give folks til the 22nd, them we can go to the stand by. It's not uncommon to have a few drop out, I do suspect it will not be too many.

I'll check back on the 22nd and let everyone know who is on standby. We will have a sale on them but it will not be as good as the GB we have here.
second wind
Ok Mikey....(Mark).....I bought the GB shift package out of catastrophic need and my car has never shifted better so I understand the physics of having new shift bushings vs. no shift bushings (knuckle at firewall). Please explain to me why I bought the GB new relays besides your exceptional sales skills? I must have 20 or more original relays in the parts box but I just had to have the new ones you are making. Besides being put into a trance of first come first served, please explain slowly and in short words why these relays are superior to the originals. I am glad I am getting them but I don't really know why I am so happy. Please explain.....thank you very much.
All the best always and thank you,
gg
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 14 2019, 09:36 PM) *

Ok Mikey....(Mark).....I bought the GB shift package out of catastrophic need and my car has never shifted better so I understand the physics of having new shift bushings vs. no shift bushings (knuckle at firewall). Please explain to me why I bought the GB new relays besides your exceptional sales skills? I must have 20 or more original relays in the parts box but I just had to have the new ones you are making. Besides being put into a trance of first come first served, please explain slowly and in short words why these relays are superior to the originals. I am glad I am getting them but I don't really know why I am so happy. Please explain.....thank you very much.
gg

You know, your post reminds me that this thread got me to thinking I need to build an "on the road" parts stash in the car like I used to have. Some extra relays and fuses, a clutch clevis, a clutch cable (goes nicely under the rear trunk carpet), a fan belt and the tools to change it, and maybe a few more items. Used to carry a lot of that stuff before I pulled the car apart for paint—and then converted it to a -6.

So Mikey's GB thread for these relays served as a good reminder of another kind…
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Not_A_Six @ Nov 9 2019, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Nov 8 2019, 10:32 AM) *

When I think about the cost of Chris' (very attractive) pickup point relocation kit...

@horizontally-opposed

Hmm... idea.gif

I wonder if that would help my clearance issue running 205/55R16 tires on 5-lug 16-inch Fuchs.

Got a link?

Thanks.

Yep yep!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2762360
FlacaProductions
[quote name='horizontally-opposed' date='Nov 14 2019, 09:54 PM' post='2762224']

[/quote]

You know, your post reminds me that this thread got me to thinking I need to build an "on the road" parts stash in the car like I used to have.
So Mikey's GB thread for these relays served as a good reminder of another kind…
[/quote]

This is EXACTLY why I bought a set - I'm putting together just the sort of kit you're talking about.
Mikey914
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 14 2019, 09:36 PM) *

gg

We have actually re engineered these ( not just tried to copy a factory part ). They should be at least as robust as the factory part.
That and we are actually testing our parts unlike some vendors.
That’s really the simplest answer.

The support of the community is what allows us to do what we do, so when we did the banner add we decided on the graphic of the car being supported by the members crowd surfing.
second wind
Thank you for your reply Mark. After re-reading your initial description my questions were answered. You know us 914 guys love details and specs. Anyway, Is there really a difference between the fuel pump relay and the rest? Do tell? Thank you very much.
gg
daveinseattle
I'll take a set of 5 as well...or go on the backup list...

thanks!
Mikey914
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 15 2019, 08:12 PM) *

Thank you for your reply Mark. After re-reading your initial description my questions were answered. You know us 914 guys love details and specs. Anyway, Is there really a difference between the fuel pump relay and the rest? Do tell? Thank you very much.
gg

Yes huger difference.....The Fuel pump relays are RED biggrin.gif

No, only color as we engineered to the higher spec. Would have actually cost us more to make 2 flavors, and they should hold up much better under the lower load.
trojanhorsepower
Is 5 a complete set? I see lots ordering 5, but don't actually know how many are needed.....
second wind
Funny how my passenger side headlight did not go up this morning?? After driving a while the road vibration must have loosened it up and it started working again. Having new relays vs. 50 year old relays does make sense, eh? Glad I made the cut off.....
All the best always,
gg
jcd914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 16 2019, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 15 2019, 08:12 PM) *

gg

Yes huger difference.....The Fuel pump relays are RED biggrin.gif

No, only color as we engineered to the higher spec. Would have actually cost us more to make 2 flavors, and they should hold up much better under the lower load.

The OE 911 fuel pump relays were red and made to carry more current than the standard black relays.
I don't remember what year 911s got the red fuel pump relays, it may have been when they introduced the CIS fuel injection.
The stock 914 fuel pump relay was a standard black relay.

I don't recall the amperage rating for either the standard black relay or the higher rated red relay.

I also have some white relays that were in my 72 when I got it.
I don't recall seeing white relays before.

I was looking to get some red relays to carry extra load for some accessory circuits I plan to add.
Now that Mark says his new black relays are engineered to meet the higher load of the red relays I don't need the red ones. I'll probably get the red ones anyway and use the different to indicate the higher load circuits.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.