Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally bought my own 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Superhawk996
piratenanner.gif

Great community. Glad you're on a path that you're satisfied with. cheer.gif
mmichalik
A lot of people have said it before but Oscar @ValcoOscar is a stand up guy.
Cairo94507
Yet another example of how this community sticks together. Oscar is the 914 Ambassador no doubt. If he runs for President, I am voting for him! I am so glad this worked out and though you might be in it deeper than you wished, in the end you will be miles and miles ahead of the game. Congratulations and I hope this 914 ships quickly and is in your hands ASAP. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
Say what you want about BHMC. We all have our opinions.
In my experience, Adam (Owner) treated me with the utmost respect and was very accommodating once he knew why I was calling. Never blew me off and even personally followed up with me throughout the day to coordinate inspection appointment.
He arraigned an after hour inspection of cars without time limits. I also dealt with David Salas their Sales manager who also was very pleasant to deal with. I saw a video of their facility but to be honest I was blown away by the number of cars, most in barn find condition yet others pristine. Many six figure exotics. Their facility was neat and organized. Hope Naud a happy ending!!! biggrin.gif smile.gif
Oscar

sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
mepstein
And the Oscar legend continues.
I’m very glad it worked out for everyone involved.

Drive the car a bit before you make up your mind. Hopefully you will find the perfect winding road and have a great experience. If it doesn’t speak to you, at least you have a great car to sell.

beerchug.gif
911GT2
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 31 2020, 11:13 AM) *

Drive the car a bit before you make up your mind. Hopefully you will find the perfect winding road and have a great experience. If it doesn’t speak to you, at least you have a great car to sell.

beerchug.gif

I sure will! driving.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 31 2020, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 31 2020, 11:13 AM) *

beerchug.gif

I sure will! driving.gif

Excellent!
Root_Werks
Nice to see this story have a happy ending! What a long pain in the ass road though, sheese!

I like silver 914's.
Steve
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 31 2020, 10:13 AM) *

Ok so here we go.

It's been frustrating and exhausting and to be honest I had some support from an absolute legend @ValcoOscar who went to BHCC himself to check the yellow and Silver car out for me. Without him this wouldn't be possible. But I can finally say I'm out of the yellow car and upgraded to the silver car. piratenanner.gif

Also a shoutout to @jagalyn for putting this (rather expensive) solution in my head. Better if you never meet my wife. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

I know the paint isn't a perfect paint job, and there already has been said a lot about it over on BAT, but structurally it's sound, it's got the 2.0L engine and it's got the chrome bumpers and fuchs wheels, all options I value very much.

I'm not so keen on the silver, maybe it grows on me maybe it doesn't for me the most important thing was to get a car which has papers and no rust and this car ticks both those boxes.

I'm not saying I'll sell it when it gets here, but I'm also not saying I'm not. I'm deeper in this car then I would like to be, but some life lessons come at a price I guess.

Hopefully the car can get shipped out soon. There is no reason why it shouldn't.

thanks everybody in this topic for your input and feedback in this whole ordeal. It's finally looking up!

My car was a very faded silver 75. I liked the silver, but i liked blue better. You can always paint it someday, unless your one of those concourse guys. Finding a semi rust free car is more important!!
Click to view attachment
djway
Congratulations. The amount you would have spent on rust repairs on the yellow car........you are probably getting off much cheaper and ending up with a better car.
Take your top off and drive.
campbellcj
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Mar 31 2020, 11:08 AM) *

A lot of people have said it before but Oscar @ValcoOscar is a stand up guy.

Ditto, it would be tough to think of a better person around here to go check out that car. Enjoy!
jagalyn
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 31 2020, 09:13 AM) *

Also a shoutout to @jagalyn for putting this (rather expensive) solution in my head. Better if you never meet my wife. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment!

Would love to meet you both someday... I think you have made a good decision after a not so good situation. Good move in the long run. Remember what they say... ‘short term pain for long term gain’. You will do well. Congratulations, enjoy!
Larmo63
That was very thoughtful of Oscar, who I can't say enough about!!!!!!

Once you drive it, you're going to keep it.

You will.
bkrantz
Congrats! Nothing is ever certain about 914 condition, but the silver cars looks more likely to surprise you with good things. The yellow car would have surprised you only in bad ways.
oldschool
Oscar for president for sure! piratenanner.gif
Frankvw
Good it worked out. Congrats on the silver one ! Is it already on its way to the Netherlands now ? And remember to contact the dutchies on here if you are buying parts at 914rubbber or other vendors, maybe we can combine things together ! :-)
PS I like silver as a color on 914 a lot. It will grow on you, I am pretty sure.
911GT2
QUOTE(Frankvw @ Apr 15 2020, 04:45 AM) *

Good it worked out. Congrats on the silver one ! Is it already on its way to the Netherlands now ? And remember to contact the dutchies on here if you are buying parts at 914rubbber or other vendors, maybe we can combine things together ! :-)
PS I like silver as a color on 914 a lot. It will grow on you, I am pretty sure.

It's supposed to ship out today, although the vessel is somewhat delayed. But it will be here around the 21st of may!
ValcoOscar
piratenanner.gif

Keep us posted, and don't forget some photos once it arrives!!!!!

popcorn[1].gif

Stay safe,

Oscar
ctc911ctc
License Plate Frame is SOOOOO LA.

Love the Car!

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 31 2020, 11:13 AM) *

Ok so here we go.

It's been frustrating and exhausting and to be honest I had some support from an absolute legend @ValcoOscar who went to BHCC himself to check the yellow and Silver car out for me. Without him this wouldn't be possible. But I can finally say I'm out of the yellow car and upgraded to the silver car. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

I know the paint isn't a perfect paint job, and there already has been said a lot about it over on BAT, but structurally it's sound, it's got the 2.0L engine and it's got the chrome bumpers and fuchs wheels, all options I value very much.

I'm not so keen on the silver, maybe it grows on me maybe it doesn't for me the most important thing was to get a car which has papers and no rust and this car ticks both those boxes.

I'm not saying I'll sell it when it gets here, but I'm also not saying I'm not. I'm deeper in this car then I would like to be, but some life lessons come at a price I guess.

Hopefully the car can get shipped out soon. There is no reason why it shouldn't.

thanks everybody in this topic for your input and feedback in this whole ordeal. It's finally looking up!
911GT2
So today was the day I got to pic up the teener from the shippers.

When I first say it it gave mee goosebumps and I'm so happy I switched from the yellow car to this one.

It started with a little fight though. The rear right handbrake was stuck, so getting it on the truck was a bit of a hassle.

When it sat in my driveway I just tapped the handbrake lever with a hammer and it just popped loose.

So now I need to get it ready for MOT.

But man I love this car already. It's even lower than I remembered it to be.

Anyway, here's some pics!

There it finally is!
Click to view attachment

My dad gets first dibs in the teener.
Click to view attachment

Loaded up and ready to come home!
Click to view attachment

Finally on my driveway!
Click to view attachment

Getting to know my dad's Boxster
Click to view attachment

And my Westy
Click to view attachment

Getting close with the westy
Click to view attachment

So happy it's finally here!
Shout out again @ValcoOscar , thanks bud beerchug.gif

Maltese Falcon
Good looking VW & Porsche family for sure !
Tdskip
Congratulations mate
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(911GT2 @ May 28 2020, 01:14 PM) *

When I first say it it gave mee goosebumps and I'm so happy I switched from the yellow car to this one.

It started with a little fight though. The rear right handbrake was stuck, so getting it on the truck was a bit of a hassle.

When it sat in my driveway I just tapped the handbrake lever with a hammer and it just popped loose.

There it finally is!

Click to view attachment

Your smile says it all!!!!

I'm so glad I was able to help you.

Enjoy my friend,

Oscar
911GT2
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 28 2020, 12:52 PM) *

There it finally is!

Click to view attachment

Enjoy my friend,

Oscar

Lol thank you. But that’s not me but my dad. biggrin.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(911GT2 @ May 28 2020, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 28 2020, 12:52 PM) *

There it finally is!

Click to view attachment

Enjoy my friend,

Oscar

Lol thank you. But that’s not me but my dad. biggrin.gif

In that case, it looks like dad is laying claim to it.

Let's find you another one. lol-2.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Oscar
Coondog
So glad everything worked out. That car is beautiful, I take back everything I ever said about Silver 914s. Bet the brake handle was stuck because some longshoremen really cranked up on the handle. Don’t feel bad, my dad drove my 914 way more then I did for the first couple years.

Keep us updated on your journey.
campbellcj
Nice! In addition to brakes make sure you go over the fuel lines and injectors. As with any old car (VW), brakes=good, fire=bad.

Enjoy often and in good health!
911GT2
QUOTE(campbellcj @ May 28 2020, 04:43 PM) *

Nice! In addition to brakes make sure you go over the fuel lines and injectors. As with any old car (VW), brakes=good, fire=bad.

Enjoy often and in good health!

Yeah, I'm going to do everything, vac hoses, fuel lines, gearbox oil, engine oil all filters etc etc.

Just so I know when they all have been done.
Frankvw
good to see it arrived. It looks really good ! Good luck with the Dutch MOT, I am preparing as well, but it looks like you will be there earlier than me !Have fun with the car !
Ian Stott
Congrats from Canada! That is a nice looking car, I love driving mine and I think you will start to find creative reasons to drive yours! You will find it takes longer to do anything now, as people will want to talk to you about your car when you are getting gas, loading your groceries etc!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
911GT2
So as I worked on it all day yesterday (and today). Last night I went through the paperwork which came with the car.

The original owners manual says the first owner was Mesa Porsche Audi inc. This car was a demo car for a while. Cool backstory! Also it seems the car has lived in and around San Diego all it's life.

Funny thing is though, since it's been registered on 11/26/73 here in The Netherlands this will be registered an a '73 and not a '74.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(911GT2 @ May 29 2020, 11:19 AM) *

So as I worked all day yesterday (and today). Last night I went through the paperwork which came with the car.

The original owners manual says the first owner was Mesa Porsche Audi inc. This car was a demo car for a while. Cool backstory! Also it seems the car has lived in and around San Diego all it's life.

Funny thing is though, since it's been registered on 11/26/73 here in The Netherlands this will be registered an a '73 and not a '74.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Nice detective work beer.gif

Surely lots more to go through as the front trunk was loaded with spare parts, books, and paperwork.

ENJOY!!!!

Oscar

popcorn[1].gif idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
eric9144
beerchug.gif
Great that it's in your hands now and the drama with the purchase is behind you!
I wasn't took keen on silver either when I got either of my two 914's...but it's grown on me a lot!
Congratulations! first.gif
911GT2
Today was the day I needed to go to the RDW (dutch DMV) for an inspection and to get a license plate.

It's first time I was legally allowed to drive the car since I've got it. You get issued a one day license plate to got to the RDW and back. Officially you're obligated to only drive to and from the RDW, but the sun was out so I took the long way there. driving.gif

When I was there I had to wait 50 minutes over my timeslot before someone came up to me who would do the inspection. So I was quite annoyed.

He was all hyped up about my car; "I'm sorry you had to wait but when I saw your car I asked my colleagues if I could do it, so I had to do another one before you, so that's why it took so long. But I'm so happy to see a VoPo for once and not jet another 911."

Needless to say my mood changed instantly and the inspection was done in a few minutes and than we talked about air cooled cars for another 15 minutes biggrin.gif

So now The only thing to do is get plates with the dutch title, which comes in a couple of days and drive. Next week it's going to be So-Cal weather down here, so I might take a few days of and drive the wheels of off it (still needs an alignment after the turbo tie rods though).

Obligatory 'inspection' picture:
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Jun 17 2020, 10:55 AM) *

Today was the day I needed to go to the RDW (dutch DMV) for an inspection and to get a license plate.

It's first time I was legally allowed to drive the car since I've got it. You get issued a one day license plate to got to the RDW and back. Officially you're obligated to only drive to and from the RDW, but the sun was out so I took the long way there. driving.gif

When I was there I had to wait 50 minutes over my timeslot before someone came up to me who would do the inspection. So I was quite annoyed.

He was all hyped up about my car; "I'm sorry you had to wait but when I saw your car I asked my colleagues if I could do it, so I had to do another one before you, so that's why it took so long. But I'm so happy to see a VoPo for once and not jet another 911."

Needless to say my mood changed instantly and the inspection was done in a few minutes and than we talked about air cooled cars for another 15 minutes biggrin.gif

So now The only thing to do is get plates with the dutch title, which comes in a couple of days and drive. Next week it's going to be So-Cal weather down here, so I might take a few days of and drive the wheels of off it (still needs an alignment after the turbo tie rods though).

Congrats again...one nice looking 914 drunk.gif piratenanner.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Oscar
Cairo94507
Congratulations! Your car looks very nice sitting there. I hope you enjoy the nice weather and have a great drive. beerchug.gif
Coondog
So glad your journey has a happy ending. Enjoy my friend.... beerchug.gif
911GT2
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jun 17 2020, 10:43 AM) *

So glad your journey has a happy ending. Enjoy my friend.... beerchug.gif

Thanks I will! beerchug.gif
mbseto
Congratulations! That's a lovely car!
mrholland2

Only a 50 minute wait? And the person was excited to see you? That would be pleasant compared to many USA DMVs. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Jun 17 2020, 10:55 AM) *

Click to view attachment

MM1
Stunning silber, classic drama. . . a story and trophy for you and your descendants to cherish. Thanks for sharing and congrats!
911GT2
Click to view attachment

I guess this says it all. Me and my wife having a summer evening cruise together! driving.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Aug 6 2020, 01:59 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I guess this says it all. Me and my wife having a summer evening cruise together! driving.gif

Way to go Naud. Thrilled you're enjoying your new 914. Glad your wife approves also.
It was fun helping you with PPI @ BHMC. My family enjoyed the thank you treats you sent over chowtime.gif aktion035.gif

Oscar
BeatNavy
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Aug 6 2020, 04:59 PM) *

thumb3d.gif
flyer86d
Nice looking car! Enjoy it.

Charlie
Cairo94507
Very cool. beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
piratenanner.gif Great picture. Love the smiles. biggrin.gif
Jett
Great story!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Aug 6 2020, 04:59 PM) *

Click to view attachment

ive been following along as you have documented your journey to ownership, and the smiles on both your faces says it all! biggrin.gif aktion035.gif

that is one super clean looking car!! those pictures at the inspection almost look like a new car.

Can you tell us more about why it is registered as a '73 not a '74 ? is it due to the original delivery date, because it was a " '74 model " per Porsche records, so that just seems strange to us here. so that means a big bumper '75 that was made lets say on 11/14/1974 would be a 74 not a 75 there? if so could be very confusing down the line later as we know the US market cars that had big bumpers were only '75-'76.
any way , Share some more pictures!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.